New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Oh, that's what I did wrong in Dragonspire....
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    There are wolves who don't?
    I make lists of the most experienced players and get rid of them ASAP. No one on any wolf team I've been on has ever said, "Wait, wait, let's roll a die!"

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    What better way to tell town nothing?
    I guess that makes sense for a game like Witch Hunt, but not having tried it, I guess I wouldn't know how well it works.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Quick reply: For some reason I had actually thought that the factions would be revealed upon death.
    Not revealing makes it much more unlikely, but I'd still think about what to do in case the game ends up with two factions with the same number of players and no snipers, if only to not have possible problems. Having the first to vote win is not exactly a rule I'd personally like. Having both teams win would be the simplest, I think. It'd also mean that if a single player is left in a faction then he'd still have a winning chance, even without being a sniper.
    Sorry about the late reply. Ya, I have thought about that. And that is the main reason why I really don't think role reveals would be appropriate for my game. I have considered random results, but I hate to see a team win by die rolls. I will have to think about that. One possibility is a "ghost vote." Kindof inspired by the final tribal council in Survivor, where the players who were voted off get revenge in the end. So long as they have no role reveals, it may or may not break the tie.

Speaking of Survivor, some narrator should end a day phase with "PlayerX; The town has spoken. Dun! (Link to the music)

EDIT: Whoa, I just got an awesome idea! We should have a Survivor ITP! Sure, reward challenge would be a bit out of the question, but what we could have is a trivia instead of a challenge. The questions would be on a wide variety of topics. Answers would be due on a certain day, the team with the most right wins. That would actually end up being kindof like a mix between weakest link and survivor, I guess, then you have vote outs, alliances, tribe merge, the rest is pretty simple.
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-11-29 at 11:48 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

In my opinion - Survivor would be better *not* being a Werewolf game - but a structured game.

Unless everyone got to have a secret night vote for who to kill - so, a public vote during the day, and all players have a secret night vote for the kill as well. Maybe even the chance to Bane someone else, or Kill someone else each night phase. I think it's doable, for a smaller 20ish game.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    In my opinion - Survivor would be better *not* being a Werewolf game - but a structured game.

Unless everyone got to have a secret night vote for who to kill - so, a public vote during the day, and all players have a secret night vote for the kill as well. Maybe even the chance to Bane someone else, or Kill someone else each night phase. I think it's doable, for a smaller 20ish game.
    Ya, I just posted it as an edit because it went with that post. Definately SG. But someone should end the day phase with "Murska, the town has spoken"
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-11-30 at 12:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, well, I'm officially back home now. And so very tired.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    We should have a Survivor ITP! Sure, reward challenge would be a bit out of the question...
    Actually you could do it, if you gave everybody various strength categories (Strong, Fast, Clever, Tough, Good Balance, etc.), with "challenges" testing one or several of those (Race across the rope bridge to get the puzzle pieces, then assemble it= Clever+Fast+Good Balance scores), then the teams choose people to compete and whoever has the highest strength in that/those categories wins.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-12-01 at 02:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate, hate, HATE Final Fantasy X-2, but the more I think about it the more I see the dress spheres as a great thing to port over into the next Advent Children WW game. Essentially, there would be one of each dress sphere (Black Mage, White Mage, Sharpshooter etc) with different abilities, starting in possession of random players (though roles like Yuna, Rikku, Paine etc would start with one automagically). These spheres would give that person an ability that fit that class, be it a bane, scry, void, whatever. Each sphere would also have a random encounter or two that its bearer could defeat, while anyone without a sphere would automatically lose to encounters. Players would be able to transfer spheres during the night phase, and spheres in the possession of killed/lynched players would go to a random player involved in their death. End of night narrations would say which speheres were transferred but not by who, and any spheres belonging to a lynched player would be revealed, but not who it ended up going to. It would basically be a game where the traditional roles would end up being passed around, and the wolves (Shuyin, Vegnagun, and the possessed Aeons I think) could potentially end up with all the powers. There’d be a role that could scan for spheres being transferred, sphere stealers, all that kind of stuff, whilst keeping the encounters from previous AC’s, though unless a player has a particular sphere they’re almost certain to die to a lynch vote.

Don’t worry, I’m not even considering bringing the Remnants back: they’ve had their time. I could see the game being far lighter-hearted than previous ones, due to the air-headed Charlies Angels-esque style of the game. Lots of awful songs and girl power references.

Gods, can someone please snap me out of this and tell me this idea wouldn't work? Or at least that everyone would refuse to play it? My mind just won’t drop it!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

9. - Top - End - #399
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry, can't do that Banjo. Because I'd totally play it, and I reckon it will work...
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    I hate, hate, HATE Final Fantasy X-2, but the more I think about it the more I see the dress spheres as a great thing to port over into the next Advent Children WW game. Essentially, there would be one of each dress sphere (Black Mage, White Mage, Sharpshooter etc) with different abilities, starting in possession of random players (though roles like Yuna, Rikku, Paine etc would start with one automagically). These spheres would give that person an ability that fit that class, be it a bane, scry, void, whatever. Each sphere would also have a random encounter or two that its bearer could defeat, while anyone without a sphere would automatically lose to encounters. Players would be able to transfer spheres during the night phase, and spheres in the possession of killed/lynched players would go to a random player involved in their death. End of night narrations would say which speheres were transferred but not by who, and any spheres belonging to a lynched player would be revealed, but not who it ended up going to. It would basically be a game where the traditional roles would end up being passed around, and the wolves (Shuyin, Vegnagun, and the possessed Aeons I think) could potentially end up with all the powers. There’d be a role that could scan for spheres being transferred, sphere stealers, all that kind of stuff, whilst keeping the encounters from previous AC’s, though unless a player has a particular sphere they’re almost certain to die to a lynch vote.

Don’t worry, I’m not even considering bringing the Remnants back: they’ve had their time. I could see the game being far lighter-hearted than previous ones, due to the air-headed Charlies Angels-esque style of the game. Lots of awful songs and girl power references.

Gods, can someone please snap me out of this and tell me this idea wouldn't work? Or at least that everyone would refuse to play it? My mind just won’t drop it!
    It could end up very unbalanced. Someone survives a lynch encounter, that means the have a dress sphere. The wolves kill them that night and get said sphere, repeat until they have all the spheres or are dead.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    It could end up very unbalanced. Someone survives a lynch encounter, that means the have a dress sphere. The wolves kill them that night and get said sphere, repeat until they have all the spheres or are dead.
    Hmmm, that's true. It would force any sphere holder that defetaed an encounter to immediately transfer their sphere that night. See, this is why I post my random ideas because there are always holes I haven't thought about.

Easy enough to find a way round it though. Spheres on defetaed/killed players could end up in a central shop/auction location to be bought or claimed by living players, or spheres from lynched/killed players could be randomly reassigned to any surviving player.

*ponders some more*

*wonders what possible ability would fit the Songstress dress sphere*

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

How can you hate FF X-2? I mean.....assuming you just ignore everything plot related entirely. It combines man's secret desire to play pretty pretty princess dressup and awesome class changing mechanical goodness!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    How can you hate FF X-2? I mean.....assuming you just ignore everything plot related entirely. It combines man's secret desire to play pretty pretty princess dressup and awesome class changing mechanical goodness!
    Yes, it's a good game, minus the story, and the characters.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Yes, it's a good game, minus the story, and the characters.
    Which, in a Final Fantasy game, is a pretty big minus.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, they taunted us with the Blitzball section. That was not Blitzball. I played a lot of Blitzball in FFX, and that was not it.

That said, there were some decent elements in there. So those could be used for an Advent Children game, and leave out the stupid bits.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

You should forgo another Advent Children in favor of a Blitzball themed Structured Game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

St. Trinian's 2 WW is still looking for 7 players. Or more, if more people are interested.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

18. - Top - End - #408

L.A.: Noir is complete with a Team Cops victory.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Banjo: So, I'm assuming that you've just completely dropped the idea of a World of Darkness sequel then.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    You should forgo another Advent Children in favor of a Blitzball themed Structured Game.
    Hmmm, it's an intriguing idea, but I'm struggling to see how it could port over to a forum game...thinks some more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    @Banjo: So, I'm assuming that you've just completely dropped the idea of a World of Darkness sequel then.
    Oh no, not at all, that's still bubbling away as well. My problem is I'm usually thinking about running about 8 structured games at once, and as soon as I start to focus on one I get an idea for another! For example, ideas in my head at this precise moment:

- Advent Children V - Let's Play Dress-up!
    - Fatbelly VI - Back to Basics
    - World of Darkness II - Asylum
    - Digital Devil Saga WW
    - A new version of Bombs Away
    - A tweaked OotS Smilie Hunt
    - Blitzball Manager (thanks kitteh )
    - Mario Kart

I torture myself so badly, even I don't know what I'll run at any particular point.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

I have an idea for some new roles:

Mighty alpha: this alpha is so powerfull anybidy knows who he is. his role is given in first day narration. he can only be killed when his beasts are gone.

Mighty's beasts:They chose who dies with them every night, if they get killed that night.
    Despite everything, its still me.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Mighty alpha: this alpha is so powerfull anybidy knows who he is. his role is given in first day narration. he can only be killed when his beasts are gone.
    Having seen how fully outed wolves often act (especially when they have lynch control), I'm not sure that would go over too well. Further, I know I wouldn't want that role, no intrigue.

That said, the way it was handled with the Joker in the Arkham Asylum game seemed to work pretty well.
    The BareFoot Programmer

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, it's an intriguing idea, but I'm struggling to see how it could port over to a forum game...thinks some more.

Oh no, not at all, that's still bubbling away as well. My problem is I'm usually thinking about running about 8 structured games at once, and as soon as I start to focus on one I get an idea for another! For example, ideas in my head at this precise moment:

- Digital Devil Saga WW
    - Mario Kart

I torture myself so badly, even I don't know what I'll run at any particular point.
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-12-02 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I know the feeling. I've got four games in mind here, in no particular order. Plus, my FE game on the "other side of the forum" (as I refer to it). I've been a bad GM, though, and haven't updated in a while.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #415

- Digital Devil Saga WW
    - Mario Kart

Ya same problem here, though about half the number of ideas. Add on to that the stuff I am already involved in, forums or RL, and then it just ends up a lot of waiting.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I know the feeling. I've got four games in mind here, in no particular order. Plus, my FE game on the "other side of the forum" (as I refer to it). I've been a bad GM, though, and haven't updated in a while.
    Talking of that...
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Talking of that...
    It won't be this week.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

The Matrix Rewound is over. My first trainwreck of a narration is over.

There was a Team Rebel win, Closing Narration is up.

Give me a couple weeks to get my ideas for my Fanfic Writers Convention WW fleshed out some more. Oh, yes, a convention.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    My first trainwreck of a narration is over.
    Does this mean you're aiming for more trainwrecks?

So, how did it go? I don't really read games I'm not in (heck, I often stop reading games I was in if I die early). Mind giving me a brief summary of events and explaining why my shipment of cabbages isn't going to arrive?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Does this mean you're aiming for more trainwrecks?

So, how did it go? I don't really read games I'm not in (heck, I often stop reading games I was in if I die early). Mind giving me a brief summary of events and explaining why my shipment of cabbages isn't going to arrive?
    I'm aiming for getting more trains on the tracks. My construction crews are a bit slow, though, so until they repair the damages, I can expect a few more wrecks.

It went... Well, first the Mason Police network was brutally slaughtered by a chain of explosions, managing to take one wolf Agent down with them. Then more and more Town members were taken down, including the seer/fool SWATs, and around then they got the devil Smith. When town was all but dead, the other devil Oracle was capped, and a quick final burst recruited The One, who got another Agent, followed by the last Town member. This left a single Agent vs a group of people who new eachother, AKA a doomed Agent.

As to your cabbages, they were on a redundant train that the engineers forgot to put brakes on. This resulted in it running into the first train, and wrecking too.

Spoiler
    Show