New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I still need 13 players for Medieval WW. C'mon, guys! I know low-information games isn't everyone's thing, but there are plenty here who haven't tried it, or have played before and enjoyed them. Don't knock it 'till you try it!

Plus, you get to see more of my narrations! I'm told they're rather nice at times.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Hey, question, what would the opinion be on a werewolf game that was like this?

Roles: (the number in the brackets after the role is the number of that role that would be in the game.... if it got 20 players...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    GOOD:
    The good side is the village, who’s win condition is to have no wolves remaining.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disguiser:(1) Disguises one person as a role of their choice during the night.
    Fool:(1) Thinks they’re a seer, scries falsely, with a small chance of success.
    Seer:(2) Scries one person during the night.
    Masons:(3) Start in contact with the other masons.
    Switcher:(1) Chooses two people during the night, each one is disguised as if they were the other one.
    Baner:(1) Banes one target from Disguising and Night killing.
    Hypnotist:(1) Chooses two people, the first person’s target for the night becomes the second person. (Doesn’t work on Mason’s, a Switcher’s first target is switched.)
    Trickster:(1) Chooses a person during the night, all abilities except for wolf night kill targeting him are changed to that person.
    Actor:(1) Disguises himself during the night, self-disguise is overridden by Disguiser.

NEUTRAL:
    The neutral side is a group of people who think magic usage is evil, and must therefore be purged, their win condition is to eliminate all the six of the non-neutral scrying roles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spy:(1) Scries one person during the night.
    Sniper:(1) Night kills one person during the night.

EVIL:
    The evil side is your typical werewolves, win condition is to eliminate all the non-wolf players or have a greater percentage of players left alive than of non-wolf players.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fool:(1) Thinks they’re a devil, scries falsely, with a small chance of success.
    Devil:(2) Scries one person during the night.
    Switcher:(1) Chooses two people during the night, each one is disguised as if they were the other one.

Just wondering, because it was an interesting idea I came up with....
    (wouldn't mind comments on balance, either.)

(Edited in the win conditions, as I forgot to put them in originally....)
    Last edited by RuneboundShade; 2011-12-13 at 01:13 AM.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Potentially interesting, as games where everyone has a role often are! Obviously everyone must start off blind, including the wolves and neutrals, otherwise with two seers and a fool on the wolf team they would just have to all scry the same person on the first night to work out who the fool was. With a lot of disguisers around the seers would become pivotal to the game in terms of networking, whilst being fully aware that they couldn't trust their scries. I'd play, though I'd be useless at it.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RuneboundShade View Post
    Hey, question, what would the opinion be on a werewolf game that was like this?

Roles: (the number in the brackets after the role is the number of that role that would be in the game.... if it got 20 players...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    GOOD:
    The good side is the village, who’s win condition is to have no wolves remaining.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fool:(1) Thinks they’re a seer, scries falsely, with a small chance of success.
    Seer:(2) Scries one person during the night.
    Masons:(3) Start in contact with the other masons.
    Baner:(1) Banes one target from Disguising and Night killing.
    Hypnotist:(1) Chooses two people, the first person’s target for the night becomes the second person. (Doesn’t work on Mason’s, a Switcher’s first target is switched.)
    Trickster:(1) Chooses a person during the night, all abilities except for wolf night kill targeting him are changed to that person.
    Actor:(1) Disguises himself during the night, self-disguise is overridden by Disguiser.

NEUTRAL:
    The neutral side is a group of people who think magic usage is evil, and must therefore be purged, their win condition is to eliminate all the six of the non-neutral scrying roles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spy:(1) Scries one person during the night.
    Sniper:(1) Night kills one person during the night.

EVIL:
    The evil side is your typical werewolves, win condition is to eliminate all the non-wolf players or have a greater percentage of players left alive than of non-wolf players.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fool:(1) Thinks they’re a devil, scries falsely, with a small chance of success.
    Devil:(2) Scries one person during the night.

Just wondering, because it was an interesting idea I came up with....
    (wouldn't mind comments on balance, either.)

(Edited in the win conditions, as I forgot to put them in originally....)
    Actually, I have an idea. If you were to reverse it and put the good guys in the typical WW position, and the Bad guys in the town position, we could make one themed after The Sight by David-Clement Davies.

The Family ("werewolves")
    Spoiler
    Show

Huttser is alpha (literally )

Bran is kindof a wierd beast. If something happens that another member of the pack gets killed, he gets killed instead (upon player option, doesn't have to).

Then there is Larka, Palla, and a bunch of others I would have to think about. Larka is probably "wolf" scrier.

Fell: Not sure exactly. Just know that The Sight fans would probably be mad if he wasn't in there.

The Balkar ("town)
    Spoiler
    Show

Morgra: Scrier with some additional ability. Troped from Morgan le Fay

Gault or Gaunt or something like that: Second in command to Morgra (maybe a baner?) Some sort of wierd ability. Maybe he can betray the town somehow?
    EDIT: I remember now! It's Gart! Took a long time and a strangely unrelated search to pop that name up.

Generic balkar members: Town

The Rebel Wolves (Neutral anti-PRs)
    Spoiler
    Show

Slavka: Leader of neutrals. Destroy all with the power of The Sight, primarily Larka, Morgra, and Fell. Although their may be others.

generic members

I know that I am probably the main fan of this book, so IDK if anyone else wants to run this. I might run it if no one else does.

EDIT: Technically, Kraar and Skart should be the scriers, but when you start getting into too many details, it becomes too many names and PRs.
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-12-13 at 05:10 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

5. - Top - End - #455
    Firbolg in the Playground

OK, I think the schedule is back up to date again, but feel free to tell me if I've missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    I think I'd like to reserve January 14 for a game.
    January 14 isn't a Monday. You can have January 16 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    I know it's already happened, but I wanted to bring it back. With any luck, I will update regularly and it will be a little more refined.
    Whyever would you want a Monty Python game to be refined?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

January 14 isn't a Monday. You can have January 16 though.

Curse you basic addition!
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Whyever would you want a Monty Python game to be refined?
    Well, refined as in the game will run better, assuming I can get a co-narrator to walk me through it, advise me, etc.

Also, hooray! Grimmace is giving me a WW game for my birthday!
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

I would like to request a Dethy game.
    I cant host one myself since i dont have time managing it.
    Despite everything, its still me.

9. - Top - End - #459

We do need more people for Dragonspire Killers 2: The Sequel that doesn't Suck
    So, if anyone would like to join that would be great.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #460
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Possessed submitted for approval.
    The BareFoot Programmer

11. - Top - End - #461
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vampire V: Paris by Night is rolling again after unexpected holiday season delays on the narrator's part (e.g. me). So if you're playing, come back to the thread, eh?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    The Possessed submitted for approval.
    It's up now.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's probably silly of me, especially since I have no intention of running a WW game anytime soon, since I'm unreliable about deadlines and doubt I could write good narrations, but I've got an idea for a set of rules and a setting banging around in my head, so what would people think of something like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Rules Outline:
    Spoiler
    Show
    48-72 hour day phases, 24-48 hour nights
    Three teams, two opposed, and one neutral.
    Everyone starts blind.
    Helgraf's Scry Interference is active, so if two people scry the same target, they get a simple reading of "Interference". However, due to the large number of seers in the game making such a more likely possibility than normal, the rule is modified so that if more than two people scry the same person, they each are informed that they are a randomly chosen role other than their real one (this role is randomly determined for each seer; they do not all receive the same information.).
    Items can be transferred day or night.
    Certain roles can choose to transfer their powers to a known non-powered member of their faction, but only during the night phase.

The Fae:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enchanter: Once a day or night you can choose one person and redirect their vote or action to the target of your choice. This includes night kills. However, you cannot use this again until the next phase has passed. So, for example, if you choose to redirect a vote, you couldn't use your ability again until the next night passed.

The Gruagach: Once a night/day you can choose to protect one person from lynching, or night actions. However, if Arafel dies, you can choose, instead, to kill one person during the day or night phases.

Arafel, Keeper of the Tree of Swords and Jewels: During the day you can choose one person to protect from lynching, or in the night phase you can choose one known member of the neutral team to give a jewel from the Tree to, thus making them count, for purposes of powers, as a non-powered Fae, in addition to their actual role.

The Glass-maker: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Watcher dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or void any night action(s) taken by one person. You start knowing the Watcher.

The Watcher: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Glass-maker dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or call one of the members of another team, changing their role to that of a non-powered Fae. You start knowing the Glass-maker.

The Keeper of the March: Once a night you may choose to kill one player, or protect them from lynching the next day by keeping them in your home. However, any player so protected is forbidden from voting the next day, or the protection is rendered void.

Courtier: The standard role with no powers.

The Hunters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron amulet, which protects the bearer against any night actions taken by the Fae, or a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills.

Slayer: You start with an iron sword, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Tracker: Once each night, you may choose to scry one player.

Guardian: You may choose to protect one player each day/night from night kill or lynch.

Hunter: The standard non-powered role.

The Mercenaries:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Mage: Once a day or night, you may choose to kill one player.

The Mirror: Once a day you may choose to redirect a lynching onto the first person to vote for someone, or once a toy may choose to redirect any night actions against one player back onto the person that performed them.

Assassin: You start with a crossbow, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Spy: Once each night you can choose to scry one player.

Soldier: The standard unpowered role.

Items:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Amulet: Protects against all night actions taken by Fae. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Iron Sword: Allows you to kill one player each night. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Suit of Armor: Protects the owner from night kills.

Elfstone: An elfstone from the Tree of Swords and Jewels. Cannot be used by Hunters.

Crossbow: Allows the owner to kill one player each night.

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Well, it's probably silly of me, especially since I have no intention of running a WW game anytime soon, since I'm unreliable about deadlines and doubt I could write good narrations, but I've got an idea for a set of rules and a setting banging around in my head, so what would people think of something like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Rules Outline:
    Spoiler
    Show
    48-72 hour day phases, 24-48 hour nights
    Three teams, two opposed, and one neutral.
    Everyone starts blind.
    Helgraf's Scry Interference is active, so if two people scry the same target, they get a simple reading of "Interference". However, due to the large number of seers in the game making such a more likely possibility than normal, the rule is modified so that if more than two people scry the same person, they each are informed that they are a randomly chosen role other than their real one (this role is randomly determined for each seer; they do not all receive the same information.).
    Items can be transferred day or night.
    Certain roles can choose to transfer their powers to a known non-powered member of their faction, but only during the night phase.

The Fae:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enchanter: Once a day or night you can choose one person and redirect their vote or action to the target of your choice. This includes night kills. However, you cannot use this again until the next phase has passed. So, for example, if you choose to redirect a vote, you couldn't use your ability again until the next night passed.

The Gruagach: Once a night/day you can choose to protect one person from lynching, or night actions. However, if Arafel dies, you can choose, instead, to kill one person during the day or night phases.

Arafel, Keeper of the Tree of Swords and Jewels: During the day you can choose one person to protect from lynching, or in the night phase you can choose one known member of the neutral team to give a jewel from the Tree to, thus making them count, for purposes of powers, as a non-powered Fae, in addition to their actual role.

The Glass-maker: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Watcher dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or void any night action(s) taken by one person. You start knowing the Watcher.

The Watcher: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Glass-maker dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or call one of the members of another team, changing their role to that of a non-powered Fae. You start knowing the Glass-maker.

The Keeper of the March: Once a night you may choose to kill one player, or protect them from lynching the next day by keeping them in your home. However, any player so protected is forbidden from voting the next day, or the protection is rendered void.

Courtier: The standard role with no powers.

The Hunters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron amulet, which protects the bearer against any night actions taken by the Fae, or a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills.

Slayer: You start with an iron sword, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Tracker: Once each night, you may choose to scry one player.

Guardian: You may choose to protect one player each day/night from night kill or lynch.

Hunter: The standard non-powered role.

The Mercenaries:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Mage: Once a day or night, you may choose to kill one player.

The Mirror: Once a day you may choose to redirect a lynching onto the first person to vote for someone, or once a toy may choose to redirect any night actions against one player back onto the person that performed them.

Assassin: You start with a crossbow, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Spy: Once each night you can choose to scry one player.

Soldier: The standard unpowered role.

Items:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Amulet: Protects against all night actions taken by Fae. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Iron Sword: Allows you to kill one player each night. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Suit of Armor: Protects the owner from night kills.

Elfstone: An elfstone from the Tree of Swords and Jewels. Cannot be used by Hunters.

Crossbow: Allows the owner to kill one player each night.
    Well, I did run a (rather pathetic) game that involved a Mr./Mrs. Charisma (though I like the term "enchanter" better anyway). It was only votes though, not actions. I am afraid that the mirror is way too OP. Technically, I don't think it is even possible to kill the mirror. Unless you have the mirror determine that night phase before as to whether or not the ability should be used. Even still, this needs a CD. Otherwise, nothing really apparent to me. Looks good otherwise from a first glance.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Medieval WW has begun.

@ C'nor: Well, it seems interesting. Although... I take it Fae are the "town-ish" side? With Hunters as the opposed, and Mercenaries as the Neutral? I'm not really sure. Also, Mercs have two night kills. That seems like a lot. And yeah, that Mirror. Hunters actually seem underpowered compared to the other two.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2011-12-21 at 04:03 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, Mercs are Neutral, Fae are sort of the town, and Hunters are the opposed group.

Also, I'm not sure what's meant about the Mirror... Is it being read as not having a cooldown? Because I can see why that would make them impossible to kill. But the way I intended it to be read, if they redirect a lynching, they can't use their ability again until the next day, and if they bounce night actions on someone back, then they can't use it the next day phase. So if they keep themselves from being lynched, they're vulnerable to night actions, and if they protect themselves from night actions, they can be lynched.

As far as two night kills being a bit much for the Mercs, it's possible that it is, though I was intending for this to be a large game, and to make up for the relative power of the Fae and Mercs by giving the Hunters at least two Slayers, and possibly a second Forger, so that might make it a bit more balanced.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-21 at 04:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

Yep, Mercs are Neutral, Fae are sort of the town, and Hunters are the opposed group.

Also, I'm not sure what's meant about the Mirror... Is it being read as not having a cooldown? Because I can see why that would make them impossible to kill. But the way I intended it to be read, if they redirect a lynching, they can't use their ability again until the next day, and if they bounce night actions on someone back, then they can't use it the next day phase. So if they keep themselves from being lynched, they're vulnerable to night actions, and if they protect themselves from night actions, they can be lynched.

As far as two night kills being a bit much for the Mercs, it's possible that it is, though I was intending for this to be a large game, and to make up for the relative power of the Fae and Mercs by giving the Hunters at least two Slayers, and possibly a second Forger, so that might make it a bit more balanced.
    OK, yeah, I read that wrong. Still, a 1 day CD is a bit limited. I would suggest making it 2 days and maybe dropping the ability against night actions. Or, keep it 1 day, but make it so that he has to declare use of his ability the night before.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ah, I see. Mirror's not quite so bad.

And I take it the Slayers are the only way for the Hunters to kill? I would definitely give at least as many killers to the Hunters as the Mercs, if not one more, if this is a big game.

I just know that in one game, I was a wolf, and the neutrals seemed to be more powerful than we were, and my team got frustrated fast when we saw that we weren't the real threats.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    OK, yeah, I read that wrong. Still, a 1 day CD is a bit limited. I would suggest making it 2 days and maybe dropping the ability against night actions. Or, keep it 1 day, but make it so that he has to declare use of his ability the night before.
    So make it take a full Day/Night cycle before it could be used again? That's certainly not impossible. I'm not sure about dropping the ability against night actions, though... Maybe make it so that the target is still scried as normal, but other night actions are bounced back?

The problem with making them declare it the night before is that, except in rare cases where it's almost certain someone will be lynched, that makes it, at best, a contingency plan, and at worst pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Ah, I see. Mirror's not quite so bad.

And I take it the Slayers are the only way for the Hunters to kill? I would definitely give at least as many killers to the Hunters as the Mercs, if not one more, if this is a big game.

I just know that in one game, I was a wolf, and the neutrals seemed to be more powerful than we were, and my team got frustrated fast when we saw that we weren't the real threats.
    In general, unless they get, for example, the Assassin's crossbow, or a Merc chooses to give them an Elfstone, in which case you could end up with a Fae transferring their role to them.

And yes, at least two, possibly three, Slayers. Or maybe start with one, and give the Forger the option to make swords.

20. - Top - End - #470

So make it take a full Day/Night cycle before it could be used again? That's certainly not impossible. I'm not sure about dropping the ability against night actions, though... Maybe make it so that the target is still scried as normal, but other night actions are bounced back?

The problem with making them declare it the night before is that, except in rare cases where it's almost certain someone will be lynched, that makes it, at best, a contingency plan, and at worst pretty much useless.
    Not exactly. In the games I have played, there is usually at least one day where the lynch candidates for the next day are blatently obvious. I would say around half. Sometimes players also get "the sense," whether real or not, that they will be a target next round. I think declaring it the night before wouldn't be anywhere near as useless as it may seem at first.

As far as the night actions, it might work out if you drop specific actions. Maybe the scry, maybe the night kill, maybe the influence.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

True... So yeah, making it a night action either way might work. And I think scrying and banes, at least, could probably be immune to the Mirror. Does that sound more balanced?

22. - Top - End - #472

True... So yeah, making it a night action either way might work. And I think scrying and banes, at least, could probably be immune to the Mirror. Does that sound more balanced?
    Sounds good to me.

EDIT: Though a reflected bane would be interestign.
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-12-21 at 05:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

That it would.

But, not only does it work to not make the Mirror so OP, it fits the inspiration better, so...

24. - Top - End - #474

That it would.

But, not only does it work to not make the Mirror so OP, it fits the inspiration better, so...
    Sounds like Morgan Le Fey from Arthurian Legend? Or at least some basis on that.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

It does, doesn't it? I believe that it's based on a character from one of the Valdemar books, though... But who they're based on, if anyone, I can't say.

The other inspirations are, if anyone cares, as follows:

Arafel, Keeper of the Tree of Swords and Jewels/The Gruagach: Arafel's Lament, and the book it's based on (The Dreaming Tree, C.J Cheryh)

The Watcher: A Last Battle

The Mage: Wind's Four Quarters

The Glass-maker: Shattered Glass

26. - Top - End - #476
    Pixie in the Playground

Well... I've decided to return. Greetings to all I remember and a Pleased to meet you to those I don't. I am Oddity.
    I am an oddity. Oddly enough being an oddity leads to a few odd lynches, but hey, if its for the sake of RP
    Last edited by Oddity; 2011-12-26 at 04:57 AM.
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, all. I've taken over Dragonspire Killers 2, and we need 5 more people to sign up, or it can't be played. So if you haven't signed up already, it'd be great if you could do so. Please?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

*ANNOUNCMENT FROM SUPERDARK33*

I will not be able to post on the first and second of January, so please inform every game i play in.
    Despite everything, its still me.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

We could use an autolynch replacement in Center WW.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    We could use an autolynch replacement in Center WW.
    I'd be happy doing that.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.