New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Assassins V has been submitted for approval. Once it is up, please feel free to join.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I would like to start a game, but since i have a hard time managing things, ill need a manager to talk with and a role-balance expert to help mr with it.
    ill reserve a spot when ill be sure when it will go up. theme remains a secret.
    Any takers?
    Despite everything, its still me.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

What's the Time Manager do?

And I could help with the balancing thing, though I'm no expert.

But more importantly.....

Assassins V Recruitment has started. Join NOW!
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-01-04 at 03:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don’t know about dark’s game, but in one we are thinking of the time manager keeps track of who is when and where with what items and resolves paradoxes when needed.

The game we are thinking of is more of a free for all RP death match than anything, having said that would anyone be interested in a fight to the death in a mansion whose rooms have different flows of time?

Might need help with the layout of the mansion, we are not an architect.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Don’t know about dark’s game, but in one we are thinking of the time manager keeps track of who is when and where with what items and resolves paradoxes when needed.

The game we are thinking of is more of a free for all RP death match than anything, having said that would anyone be interested in a fight to the death in a mansion whose rooms have different flows of time?

Might need help with the layout of the mansion, we are not an architect.
    I'd be interested in helping with that. No garuntee I'd be good at it, but we'll see... If someone else comes along who wants to try though, I'll gladly play instead. (unless I can do both, that is)
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well our brain power may be enough to handle a small game of five people, and three or four items. If we decide to hand out the map of time to everyone we see no reason why the architect can’t play. But if the game gets any larger we may need another brain to help sort time out, sadly that one would not be able to play that session they would know too much of the other peoples actions.

Now that we are thinking about it more in detail this game may have to happen in QT’s only.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm good at sorting things and following complex situations. Also, I'm more interested in doing behind the scenes work for the sort of game you're describing than actually playing it.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'd be willing to take a stab at it, but I make no guarantees about my ability to perform the task. Were you planning on handling each paradox as seemed most appropriate/dramatic or via some schema that decides the precedence of actions?

Further, suppose someone appears in a room at a time before they were originally there (ie, everyone else currently in the room has already carried out there actions for that time period), will the players be allowed to react to the new scenario?
    The BareFoot Programmer

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

When i wrote 'i have hard time managing' i meant i suck at manageing.

whats a time manager?

Ill talk with lex-kat about my game so she can help me with it.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-01-05 at 09:31 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

We think it would be best to have set parameters for how to handle temporal hiccups.

You are free to react to discrepancies in your Age. If it leaves you alive you may even continue to play that junior version of yourself. If the discrepancy is large enough, after a set number of Age has past that will be the only one of you around anyway, so you should use your elder self to try to fix the problem before that passes.

Here is how we see one encounter happening.

A’s very short story
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player A wakes up, it is the start of the game; he is a weapons dealer and starts with a gun. Getting up from the guest bed and exits into the hallway while walking to the main room Player B springs from her hiding place and stabs A in the back repeatedly. Guns can’t help you if you can’t see your target.

Though being killed in your present means that you can no longer take a turn, it is not necessarily the end of you involvement in the game events may still change.

A redaction from the next turn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player B the sneaky little one that she is, devised a cunning plan to bypass the limitations of her weapon and has won herself a shiny new gun, but something is wrong.
    She now has a memory of running into Player C before she had gotten to her hiding place, he vanishes before she can carve him up, but what’s worst, she is out of place as Player A turns the corner and promptly shoots her in the head. Our Cunning B needs to act quickly before that line of events collapse into reality.

Player A is alive again and merely reverting the change will not rectify it, as he may now protect his younger self from the first attack if needed.

A’s redemption? Also known as the B is back
    Spoiler
    Show
    We return to A’s story as he is knelling next to young B’s corpse, it’s a ghastly thing the master of the house wishes him to do. A was never one that enjoys collecting ‘trophies’ so it took him a moment to remove the young woman’s left ear, and with head the way it was the procedure left the man messier than he would have liked. The man makes his way to the washroom without incident, as he is finishing up; he turns at the sound of the door opening. His last vision is that of a familiar face though this time it is more intact.

Little miss B choose to enter this room on a whim. She was surprised to see Player A here (having killed him two turns of Age ago) but the man drying his hands made for good target practice. While severing A’s ear the man haunting her memories (Player C) appears in front of her she wastes no not a second in slicing his throat this time.

Thinking her problems shorted with her memories back to what they were Player B leaves the room the way she came, seeing a figure leave a room on the other side of the great hall she takes a few shots, and is assaulted by vision from the other side of the gun before she can act Player A leave his room (as he has done two times before) readies his gun and fires.

B has killed her past self and was subsequently killed by a past version of A (who is yet again alive). This has now undone B’s action of killing Player C he does not have to worry about saving himself from that death.
    After a set amount of Age a for all has passed B will enter the game once more at the point she had before and will be given the chance to make different choices

Don’t know if that is the best way to handle it, but we did only start thinking about it three days ago (and only really seriously when we brought it up is our last post) so the rules are still being worked out.

Will post what we have when we are finished writing everything, but you might be able to figure the ‘time rules’ out from reading the stories, basically it would be a category four on temporal mutability with overwriting timelines after a few turns the discontinuity has been around. If anyone could think of a better set up we would like to hear the idea, but right now we need to sleep, see you all further up the time stream.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* So Center WW needs another autolynch replacement.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

*Raises hand nervously*

I suppose I could do it... I'm not sure, though... Something about that game seems to encourage people to autolynch... I don't know if I want to risk joining if it's, say, cursed to fry the player's computers...

In other words, sure, I'll join as an autolynch replacement; I've been wishing I could have gotten into it for a while.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. Well, you could have signed up for an autolynch replacement for a while. *shrug*

Apparently your pm box is full. Send me a pm when you've cleared some space.

Oh, and thanks for the quick response.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

You're welcome!

And yeah, being in a TW game, a Chaos Diplomacy game in which you're holding holding a strategic point, and a WW game where you seem to have an affinity for randomly being given items via people being nightkilled does that to one's PM box.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be gone until the 12th. This is why Assassins won't be starting until the 13th. So please don't despair, and hurry and join Assassins V. You know you want to.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

Christmas ww

Has ended with a win for the villagers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Assassins V has started. I will accept Autolynch replacements, for those who missed the Recruitment period.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

If anybody's interested, I have room for an autolynch replacement in Medieval. Be cautioned, it's a low information game.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    If anybody's interested, I have room for an autolynch replacement in Medieval. Be cautioned, it's a low information game.
    I would be interested.
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Oh, good. I'll send you the information shortly.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Bugbear in the Playground

Classic Has finally wound to a close with a Wolf Win
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Looking for a replacement for The Possessed. Warning, this is a low information game.
    The BareFoot Programmer

23. - Top - End - #503
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll be away without internet until Saturday. If someone could tell any of the narrators that I've missed, that would be great.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seer's Academy has been submitted for approval.

EDIT: And it is here! Come and join.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2012-01-16 at 05:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going to be running a 16 or so player no pm game which will work something like this....

There are no wolves, there are only villagers.
    The last three people standing win.
    Each player has their own private QT that they aren't allowed to share, or copy and paste from.
    Each night phase each player may vote someone in their QT, if one person has four or more votes and more votes on them than anybody else then the effect of that night happens on them.
    First night the effect is being killed.
    Second night the effect is being day baned.
    Third night the effect is being resurrected.
    At any time during the game a player may post in his QT to 'give paper message' to anyone, or even every player.
    When this happens, I will post in that players QT the message, this will usually happen about three times a day phase because I get on about once a day.
    During a narration, apart from who dies I will display who gave 'bits of paper' to whom, they won't know know what message who gave to who, but they will know who gave a message to who.

Example: (Players A,b,c,d.)
    Player A posts in his QT GPM(Give paper message) to c "how about an alliance?"
    I post in Player c's QT Paper message from A 'how about an alliance?'
    Player c posts in his QT GPM to A "sure."
    I post in Player A's QT Paper message from c 'sure.'
    Player d posts in his QT GPM to A 'I'm thinking we could have an alliance.'
    Player b posts in his QT GPM to d 'An alliance against A and c?'
    I post the first message in A's QT and the second message in d's and specify who they're from.
    During the narration I specify that;
    A handed a message to c.
    c handed a message to A.
    D handed a message to A.
    b handed a message to D.
    But with a little more fluff than that, posted it here because I'm actually looking for a co-narrator, because this is the first werewolf I'll be running, and though it isn't very complicated it will require a little work to keep it running....
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Writer's Block is almost ready. Need to write some more fluff, and then I can post it. Fluff is not my strong point, though.

Meanwhile, I wonder if there's interest for another form of Structured Game? I know, I'm supposed to look for interest for WWs in this thread, not for other games, but, you know. Ahem. Anyways, I'm wondering if there's just enough fans of Chao, that, after I finish with Writer's Block, I'd get any players? I've actually got the OP ready already, should there be enough interest, and am working on generating/collecting enough Hard Numbers and Hidden Data and stuffs, so I may go ahead anyways (Although I plan on having hand-made sprites and haven't started on those yet).

Also, @^, I think an all villager game sounds neat. We'll see when it's ready if I have time to play, although I don't think I'll Co-narrate.
    Last edited by flabort; 2012-01-16 at 09:11 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RuneboundShade View Post
    I'm going to be running a 16 or so player no pm game which will work something like this....

There are no wolves, there are only villagers.
    The last three people standing win.
    Each player has their own private QT that they aren't allowed to share, or copy and paste from.
    Each night phase each player may vote someone in their QT, if one person has four or more votes and more votes on them than anybody else then the effect of that night happens on them.
    First night the effect is being killed.
    Second night the effect is being day baned.
    Third night the effect is being resurrected.
    At any time during the game a player may post in his QT to 'give paper message' to anyone, or even every player.
    When this happens, I will post in that players QT the message, this will usually happen about three times a day phase because I get on about once a day.
    During a narration, apart from who dies I will display who gave 'bits of paper' to whom, they won't know know what message who gave to who, but they will know who gave a message to who.

Example: (Players A,b,c,d.)
    Player A posts in his QT GPM(Give paper message) to c "how about an alliance?"
    I post in Player c's QT Paper message from A 'how about an alliance?'
    Player c posts in his QT GPM to A "sure."
    I post in Player A's QT Paper message from c 'sure.'
    Player d posts in his QT GPM to A 'I'm thinking we could have an alliance.'
    Player b posts in his QT GPM to d 'An alliance against A and c?'
    I post the first message in A's QT and the second message in d's and specify who they're from.
    During the narration I specify that;
    A handed a message to c.
    c handed a message to A.
    D handed a message to A.
    b handed a message to D.
    But with a little more fluff than that, posted it here because I'm actually looking for a co-narrator, because this is the first werewolf I'll be running, and though it isn't very complicated it will require a little work to keep it running....
    This is beautifully contrived. *sniff* I'd co-narrate if it starts after Center/Medieval end. (At least one, if not both)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Writer's Block is almost ready. Need to write some more fluff, and then I can post it. Fluff is not my strong point, though.

Meanwhile, I wonder if there's interest for another form of Structured Game? I know, I'm supposed to look for interest for WWs in this thread, not for other games, but, you know. Ahem. Anyways, I'm wondering if there's just enough fans of Chao, that, after I finish with Writer's Block, I'd get any players? I've actually got the OP ready already, should there be enough interest, and am working on generating/collecting enough Hard Numbers and Hidden Data and stuffs, so I may go ahead anyways (Although I plan on having hand-made sprites and haven't started on those yet).

Also, @^, I think an all villager game sounds neat. We'll see when it's ready if I have time to play, although I don't think I'll Co-narrate.
    I've actually been thinking about that. Would there be enough call for a Miscellaneous game central?

And @RBS:Reminds of one of my first games here. Wolf power was transferred with a box of power. I always wanted a chance to play that one better. Would we be aloud to send PM's before the start of the game?

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    I've actually been thinking about that. Would there be enough call for a Miscellaneous game central?
    I was thinking of something similar; maybe link to all the other Structured Game centrals, so that people don't accidentally put a mafia into the Misc Games, and then... Well, there aren't many misc games popular out there right now.

But it's a good idea.
    Last edited by flabort; 2012-01-16 at 10:59 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Looking for a replacement for The Possessed. Warning, this is a low information game.
    Because I need yet another thing clogging my PM box... Sure, I'll do it.

Edit: If anyone is willing to co-narrate (as in, do the actual writing because I really doubt I could narrate well in that sense, though I'd be helping with rules questions, tallying votes and night actions, etc.), I'd be up for running that Fae-themed game I came up with a while ago (incorporating the rules changes agreed upon after the balance issues were pointed out, obviously).
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-17 at 02:11 AM.