Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1455
  1. Top - End - #511
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RuneboundShade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, obviously.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    This is beautifully contrived. *sniff* I'd co-narrate if it starts after Center/Medieval end. (At least one, if not both)
    Yeah well... it's likely to happen quite a while after centre ends....
    Don't know about medieval though... it's probably going to start before that one ends.
    I've matured and I don't lie now, really. C'mon trust me.


  2. Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    super dark33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Superdark's and lex-kats secret game will be up on march.

  3. Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Oh...darn. Guess that means Lex won't be available for my next game. *looks and Bladescape and Qwaz*
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  4. Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Oh...darn. Guess that means Lex won't be available for my next game. *looks and Bladescape and Qwaz*
    Which game was this? I'm almost ready to start doubling up games, but I'm not sure..

    Either way, I'm going to be running one soon. Once Chaos starts running down I'll schedule it.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

    If I'm needed in a FFRP scene, or someone has an idea for one of my characters, PM me. It's more likely to be received than anything else.

  5. Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Well I wanted to keep it a secret project until it we were ready to start recruiting. I was planning on not starting the process until Center ends. Which probably should be all that long now.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  6. Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Well I wanted to keep it a secret project until it we were ready to start recruiting. I was planning on not starting the process until Center ends. Which probably should be all that long now.
    Okay. Got it. Feel free to throw me a PM on the subject when you're ready.

    BTW, the game I was going to schedule wasn't Ramsus, I was talking about another one of my games. Undecided which of my plans I'll do, though.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

    If I'm needed in a FFRP scene, or someone has an idea for one of my characters, PM me. It's more likely to be received than anything else.

  7. Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinyMushroom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under your bed
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    I was thinking of writing a new werewolf game, and I'd like to ask:
    What would you guys think of a ww based on Zelda: Majora's Mask?

    edit: hey, that rhymes...
    Last edited by TinyMushroom; 2012-01-19 at 11:04 AM.
    Science: always an acceptable motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

  8. Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    usourselves&we's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by TinyMushroom View Post
    I was thinking of writing a new werewolf game, and I'd like to ask:
    What would you guys think of a ww based on Zelda: Majora's Mask?

    edit: hey, that rhymes...
    Well that is one of our most favorite games, what with the Groundhog Day loop and such.

    We’re guessing the prominent feature in the game will be the masks, right? That would be so much fun.

    Or will there be like a three day loop here as well and town needs to get rid of all the wolves before the loop restarts and wolves have to get rid of specific people to win, that could be fun as well.
    Though with that it would have to be a blind game to give the wolves a chance after a few loops into the game.
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-01-19 at 11:35 AM.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

  9. Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    flabort's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Tried writing a haiku to say "yes", but I just can't get the second line to be any more than six syllables.

    The masks would be a good feature, and pretty attractive to me; but the time loop would be even more! Oh, I want to see how that feature would work. So bad.

    Although I could never beat the first actual dungeon (I don't mean the introductory dungeon where you are locked into the deku mask). Damn those impossible-to-catch-fairy-fragments!
    Last edited by flabort; 2012-01-19 at 11:45 AM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

    Extended Signature
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show


    Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

    Nude version by SmuchMuch.

  10. Top - End - #520
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinyMushroom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under your bed
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Tried writing a haiku to say "yes", but I just can't get the second line to be any more than six syllables.

    The masks would be a good feature, and pretty attractive to me; but the time loop would be even more! Oh, I want to see how that feature would work. So bad.

    Although I could never beat the first actual dungeon (I don't mean the introductory dungeon where you are locked into the deku mask). Damn those impossible-to-catch-fairy-fragments!
    Well, I promise that the loop will at least play a major role, and the masks will be there. No majora's mask without the masks, amirite? But you'll have to wait a while until I can actually post the game.
    Science: always an acceptable motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

  11. Top - End - #521
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by TinyMushroom View Post
    But you'll have to wait a while until I can actually post the game.
    Couldn't we just play the song of double time a few times?

  12. Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    super dark33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Im open for hireing. if anyone wants a Co narrator, contact me.

  13. Top - End - #523
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Seeking another replacement for The Possessed. Again, fair warning, this is an extremely low information game and you would be entering without as much info as most of the players who have been actively participating.

    Edit: Opportunity window has closed due to return of missing player.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-01-24 at 09:23 AM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

    GitP April Fools Promotional event: Free mounts for everyone! (disclaimer: you are the mount)

  14. Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Zjoot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yes.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    I still need a bunch more players for Seer's academy as well.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks


    I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

  15. Top - End - #525
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saposhiente's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    An SQL database

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Going to have limited access to the internet for a while. Will try to keep up with the games I'm in.

    Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.
    Avatar by Akrim.elf

  16. Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    flabort's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Hey, it looks like there's no games scheduled for a while now. Is it OK for me to start recruitment for Writer's Block this Saturday, and start on... Is it better to run recruitment for 2 weeks, or a month? If 2 weeks, February 11, or February 25 if a month is better? I'm hoping for at least 36 players... That's the threshold for the special "cannot belong to faction X" roles. 24 players at least to play at all.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

    Extended Signature
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show


    Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

    Nude version by SmuchMuch.

  17. Top - End - #527
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Qwaz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Oh...darn. Guess that means Lex won't be available for my next game. *looks and Bladescape and Qwaz*
    Sorry bro, organising moving house at the minute and it's taking it's toll.

  18. Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vesth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    After this Golden Apple fiasco, I'm planning for another 3 games

    Games

    1. Tournament of Skaz

    A sword fighting duel where the goal is to be the last one standing. Each round, players get to attack/ use an ability against another.
    Goal: knock others to 0hp. Negative Hp and the attacker is disqualified as well.

    2. The Mage's Tower

    A game of survival where the goal is to get out of the tower alive. There are multiple paths - some lead to the next level, some to items and some to certain doom. There are people who know the layout- but some are out to kill you...

    3. The Cult of the Night
    A variant of Werewolf, but instead of blood-seeking wolves, there are cultists who try to recruit the whole town...

    So, what do you guys think?
    Avatar made by Matthias2207


  19. Top - End - #529
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    The Mage's Tower sounds promising.

    @Qwaz: No problem. Bladescape agreed to co-narrate it with me. I do expect you to play though!
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  20. Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    flabort's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Hey, it looks like there's no games scheduled for a while now. Is it OK for me to start recruitment for Writer's Block this Saturday, and start on... Is it better to run recruitment for 2 weeks, or a month? If 2 weeks, February 11, or February 25 if a month is better? I'm hoping for at least 36 players... That's the threshold for the special "cannot belong to faction X" roles. 24 players at least to play at all.
    Hey, I'm for sure booking the game to start on Feburary 11 now, with a delay to the 25th if I don't get enough players by that time. Two weeks, with a two week fallback. I'll submit the thread in the morning.

    I wouldn't be able to do this without there being no games scheduled except one mystery game.... Unless the schedule needs updating right now, and is months behind?
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

    Extended Signature
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show


    Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

    Nude version by SmuchMuch.

  21. Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Well, based on the suggestions I got last time, and some new ideas, I've altered the rules of the Fae-themed game I came up with.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Rules Outline:
    Spoiler
    Show
    48-72 hour day phases, 24-48 hour nights
    Three teams, two opposed, and one neutral.

    Everyone starts blind, with the exceptions of The Watcher and The Glass-maker.

    Helgraf's Scry Interference is active, so if two people scry the same target, they get a simple reading of "Interference". However, due to the large number of seers in the game making such a more likely possibility than normal, the rule is modified so that if more than two people scry the same person, they each are informed that they are a randomly chosen role other than their real one (this role is randomly determined for each seer; they do not all receive the same information.).

    Items can be transferred day or night.

    Certain roles can choose to transfer their powers to a known non-powered member of their faction, but only during the night phase.


    The Fae (Town):

    Spoiler
    Show


    Win Condition:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kill all Hunters, and release or kill all enslaved Fae. Certain roles have their own win conditions in addition to this.


    Roles:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Enchanter: Once a day or night you can choose one person and redirect their vote or action to the target of your choice. This includes night kills. However, you cannot use this again until the next phase has passed. So, for example, if you choose to redirect a vote, you couldn't use your ability again until the next night passed.

    The Gruagach: Once a night/day you can choose to protect one person from lynching, or night actions. However, if Arafel dies, you can choose, instead, to kill one person during the day or night phases.

    Arafel, Keeper of the Tree of Swords and Jewels: During the day you can choose one person to protect from lynching, or in the night phase you can choose one known member of the neutral team to give a jewel from the Tree to, thus making them count, for purposes of powers and item restrictions, as a non-powered Fae in addition to their actual role.

    The Glass-maker: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Watcher dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or void any night action(s) taken by one person. You start knowing the Watcher.

    The Watcher: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Glass-maker dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or call one of the members of another team, changing their role to that of a non-powered Fae. You start knowing the Glass-maker.

    The Keeper of the March: Once a night you may choose to kill one player, or protect them from lynching the next day by keeping them in your home. However, any player so protected is forbidden from voting the next day, or the protection is rendered void.

    Courtier: The standard role with no powers.


    The Hunters (Wolves):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

    Win Condition:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kill or enslave all Fae.


    Roles:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron amulet, which protects the bearer against any night actions taken by the Fae, a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills, or an iron collar, which allows the owner to attempt to enslave someone once per night until successful.

    Slayers (At least two; exact number dependent on number of players): You start with an iron sword, which allows you to kill one player each night.

    Tracker: Once each night, you may choose to scry one player.

    Guardian: You may choose to protect one player each day/night from night kill or lynch.

    Hunter: The standard non-powered role.




    The Mercenaries:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Win Condition:

    Spoiler
    Show
    All roles have their own win conditions.


    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mage: Once a day or night, you may choose to kill one player, or once per night you can remove the collar from an enslaved Fae.

    The Mirror: Once every other day you may choose to redirect a lynching onto the first person to vote for someone, or once every other night you can choose to redirect any night actions other than scries and banes against one player back onto the person that performed them.

    Assassin: You start with a crossbow, which allows you to kill one player each night.

    Spy: Once each night you can choose to scry one player.

    Soldier: The standard unpowered role.




    Items:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Amulet: Protects against all night actions taken by Fae. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

    Iron Sword: Allows you to kill one player each night. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

    Iron Collar: Allows you to bring a single Fae per collar onto your team. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

    Suit of Armor: Protects the owner from night kills.

    Elfstone: An elfstone from the Tree of Swords and Jewels. Cannot be used by Hunters. Makes the owner count as an unpowered Fae for purposes of power transference and item restrictions.

    Crossbow: Allows the owner to kill one player each night.


    What do you all think?

    Also, if anyone is up for doing the actual narrations, I'd be willing to co-narrate this.
    Last edited by C'nor; 2012-01-27 at 07:46 AM.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  22. Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground
     
    101jir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The north
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Guardian absolutely has to be a careless baner. Otherwise, it is an instant win. Even as a careless baner, still pretty high powered, as the Guardian will only bane wolves.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

    Augustus "Gus" Black

    THX to PallElandro for the unintentional suggestion of my new Avi. All hail PallElandro. OR ELSE!!!

    ...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

  23. Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Pokeball
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    I wouldn't be able to do this without there being no games scheduled except one mystery game.... Unless the schedule needs updating right now, and is months behind?
    I think the only thing wrong with the list is that Grimmace's game has a name, as well as the other two being in the "running" phase, rather than recruiting, but I could be wrong. (I didn't take a good, long look)

    @C'nor: The Iron Amulet, how long does it last? Otherwise, it seems a tad overpowered.


    Fire Emblem Spritesman Inna Playground - Let me know if you set up a game!

    Finally forced me into getting one of these.

    Banner by Elder Tsofu.

  24. Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    super dark33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Well, based on the suggestions I got last time, and some new ideas, I've altered the rules of the Fae-themed game I came up with.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Rules Outline:
    Spoiler
    Show
    48-72 hour day phases, 24-48 hour nights
    Three teams, two opposed, and one neutral.

    Everyone starts blind, with the exceptions of The Watcher and The Glass-maker.

    Helgraf's Scry Interference is active, so if two people scry the same target, they get a simple reading of "Interference". However, due to the large number of seers in the game making such a more likely possibility than normal, the rule is modified so that if more than two people scry the same person, they each are informed that they are a randomly chosen role other than their real one (this role is randomly determined for each seer; they do not all receive the same information.).

    Items can be transferred day or night.

    Certain roles can choose to transfer their powers to a known non-powered member of their faction, but only during the night phase.


    The Fae (Town):

    Spoiler
    Show


    Win Condition:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kill all Hunters, and release or kill all enslaved Fae. Certain roles have their own win conditions in addition to this.


    Roles:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Enchanter: Once a day or night you can choose one person and redirect their vote or action to the target of your choice. This includes night kills. However, you cannot use this again until the next phase has passed. So, for example, if you choose to redirect a vote, you couldn't use your ability again until the next night passed.

    The Gruagach: Once a night/day you can choose to protect one person from lynching, or night actions. However, if Arafel dies, you can choose, instead, to kill one person during the day or night phases.

    Arafel, Keeper of the Tree of Swords and Jewels: During the day you can choose one person to protect from lynching, or in the night phase you can choose one known member of the neutral team to give a jewel from the Tree to, thus making them count, for purposes of powers and item restrictions, as a non-powered Fae in addition to their actual role.

    The Glass-maker: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Watcher dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or void any night action(s) taken by one person. You start knowing the Watcher.

    The Watcher: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Glass-maker dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or call one of the members of another team, changing their role to that of a non-powered Fae. You start knowing the Glass-maker.

    The Keeper of the March: Once a night you may choose to kill one player, or protect them from lynching the next day by keeping them in your home. However, any player so protected is forbidden from voting the next day, or the protection is rendered void.

    Courtier: The standard role with no powers.


    The Hunters (Wolves):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

    Win Condition:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kill or enslave all Fae.


    Roles:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron amulet, which protects the bearer against any night actions taken by the Fae, a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills, or an iron collar, which allows the owner to attempt to enslave someone once per night until successful.

    Slayers (At least two; exact number dependent on number of players): You start with an iron sword, which allows you to kill one player each night.

    Tracker: Once each night, you may choose to scry one player.

    Guardian: You may choose to protect one player each day/night from night kill or lynch.

    Hunter: The standard non-powered role.




    The Mercenaries:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Win Condition:

    Spoiler
    Show
    All roles have their own win conditions.


    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mage: Once a day or night, you may choose to kill one player, or once per night you can remove the collar from an enslaved Fae.

    The Mirror: Once every other day you may choose to redirect a lynching onto the first person to vote for someone, or once every other night you can choose to redirect any night actions other than scries and banes against one player back onto the person that performed them.

    Assassin: You start with a crossbow, which allows you to kill one player each night.

    Spy: Once each night you can choose to scry one player.

    Soldier: The standard unpowered role.




    Items:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Amulet: Protects against all night actions taken by Fae. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

    Iron Sword: Allows you to kill one player each night. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

    Iron Collar: Allows you to bring a single Fae per collar onto your team. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

    Suit of Armor: Protects the owner from night kills.

    Elfstone: An elfstone from the Tree of Swords and Jewels. Cannot be used by Hunters. Makes the owner count as an unpowered Fae for purposes of power transference and item restrictions.

    Crossbow: Allows the owner to kill one player each night.


    What do you all think?

    Also, if anyone is up for doing the actual narrations, I'd be willing to co-narrate this.
    I may help with narrations.

  25. Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    Guardian absolutely has to be a careless baner. Otherwise, it is an instant win. Even as a careless baner, still pretty high powered, as the Guardian will only bane wolves.
    Remember, though, the Guardian has no way of knowing who the other wolves are unless the Tracker or Spy finds them and tells them.

    The careless baner would be one that protects a member of their side, but doesn't get to pick the specific one, right? If so, that actually makes it a bit more powerful for most of the game, barring some very good luck on the part of the Tracker (and the Spy if they choose to help the Hunters), since if they have to pick who to bane, they're just as likely to be protecting Neutrals and Fae as Hunters until someone finds them, and being careless would ensure that they're at least keeping a member of their own team safe.

    Also, are you reading it as not having a cooldown? If the Guardian chooses to protect someone from being lynched, they can't keep someone from being NKed until the next day phase has passed, assuming that they don't choose to stop a lynch before then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I think the only thing wrong with the list is that Grimmace's game has a name, as well as the other two being in the "running" phase, rather than recruiting, but I could be wrong. (I didn't take a good, long look)

    @C'nor: The Iron Amulet, how long does it last? Otherwise, it seems a tad overpowered.
    I'm wavering between it having a random chance to be broken each time a Fae tries to use one of their powers on the owner, increasing with each time they're targeted, always going away when a Fae uses a night action on them, or needing an NK to actually break it, after which, unless they get another amulet, they can be targeted as normal the next night.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  26. Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by DirtyTabs.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    We need One More Player for Grimmace's Seer Academy WW. Please, will someone join us.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

    Fae WW III: Faerie-ly Confusing is recrutiing AL Replacements.

  27. Top - End - #537
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    C'nor, a Careless Baner is one that just doesn't get to bane themselves.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  28. Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    flabort's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Thread submitted. I have a sinking feeling I forgot to use Ctrl-V to put content in it, but hopefully I didn't.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

    Extended Signature
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show


    Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

    Nude version by SmuchMuch.

  29. Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    C'nor, a Careless Baner is one that just doesn't get to bane themselves.
    Ah. That makes more sense, then. I'm still not entirely certain what about the Guardian in its current form is so OP it's an 'instant win', but making it a Careless Baner, especially with the Forger producing suits of armor and iron amulets, is certainly possible in that case.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  30. Top - End - #540
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

    I think the problem with the Guardian in it's current form is people believing that the Guardian will just keep protecting themselves making them unkillable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •