New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Archer View Post
    I've never done this in groups I've played in, so a lot of the accusations revolve around accusations of people moving during the wolf phase, while the wolves try to move as little as possible while pointing. On top of that, some villagers will make noise during the wolf phase just so that in later games where they are wolves, they can point back to their earlier noisy behavior as villagers.
    There's still opportunity for this with the clapping method. For example, the first game I played in instead of narrating, I lost my rhythm when I was pointing at someone to kill and got lynched for it. Other people will clap both knees with both hands if they're villagers and will only use one hand when they have a role. Personally, I don't like the game being decided by someone's ability/inability to sit still during the night phase so I like the noise. I'd like to try it with some sort of none-person noise maker sometime so that the rhythm/one-handed clapping issues go away too. I like hearing the explanations for accusations and the resulting defenses people come up with.

More advice - as the narrator, you need to find a way to not give away the people who have night actions when you're doing it. Walk around during the night phase, don't always face the same way when you're responding to someone, monologue while you're waiting for the night actions people to make a decision (I'm terrible at this, but I keep meaning to do it), et cetera. Also (this just occurred to me) in a large game with lots of roles, it can be handy to have a conarrator to help you make sure you don't, oh, kill the person who was baned or something (*whistles innocently*). I mean, with 10 people it's pretty easy to manage, but with 20 and 8 different roles, some of which do interesting things depending on who scries/kills them, and so on, it can be a lot to keep track of.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Mutant WW - Days of Ruin

It needs more players. Since I'm closing recruitment in 48 hours time and starting the game, I imagine that looking to get the preferred number of 30 players is going to be difficult, but every player counts!
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #33

NecromancerGirl

Hey all! Long time no see, well not that long I guess....

Anyways I have decided I missed the playground and decided to jump back into games and thought what a better way to do that then by narrating the next Reverse WW....

So with that in mind could I get a spot on the schedule for next week or so for Reverse WW V?
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back. Where's Deathslayer7?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I need to drop WoD back a bit, due to my random disappearance for the last couple of weeks. After Advent Children I'm going to need a little break from narrating anyway. before I burn myself out again.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #36

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and its great to be back.

Most likely in school right now that guys schedule is insane... I will see if I can resurrect her for at least a few more games.

if no one has any objections I will post the rules for the next Reverse WW on Friday and begin the game Tuesday/Wednesday next week.
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2011-09-13 at 01:44 PM.
    I am alive!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

I think Banjo just passed broken comp syndrome along. My comp broke earlier today. Unlike Banjo I'll probably still be around once or twice a day at least (I hope) but, I figured I should still warn people I might be a little slow with stuff. And you know... I wanted to blame Banjo for all my woes.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and its great to be back.

Most likely in school right now that guys schedule is insane... I will see if I can resurrect her for at least a few more games.

if no one has any objections I will post the rules for the next Reverse WW on Friday and begin the game Tuesday/Wednesday next week.
    Frikken' sweet Reverse Werewolf consider me in right now, my good man.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I think Banjo just passed broken comp syndrome along. My comp broke earlier today. Unlike Banjo I'll probably still be around once or twice a day at least (I hope) but, I figured I should still warn people I might be a little slow with stuff. And you know... I wanted to blame Banjo for all my woes.
    My laptop broke a few days ago.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #40

The Dragonspire Killers now has a definite date of when it will start!
    11 spots are left so you better grab them quick before 9/20/11!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyone fancy narrating classic 14? I'm itching to play a straight game. Looking forward to reverse too.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I've got a great story idea, but I'd much rather play than narrate, and with the way life's going updates would be sporadic at best.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    {table=head]Game|Narrator(s)|Status|Game_Start (week of)
    Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin|banjo1985|Running|June 20
    **Mafia: The Trapping|DomaDoma|Cancelled|July 5
    Ye Olde West V - True Wit|Supagoof|Running|July 18
    Werewolf: Aftermath|EagleWiz|Running|Aug 1
    Bootleggers|Lady Tialait|Running|Aug 8
    My Little Pony: Return of Nightmare Moon|Lex-kat|Running|Aug 15
    Center WW|Ramsus, Penguinator|Running|Aug 22
    Vampire V: Paris by Night|Helgraf, RabbitHoleLost|Running|Aug 29
    **The Dragonspire Killers|Mindfreak586|Recruiting|Aug 29
    City of Shadows|Eternal Drifter|Running|Sept 5
    Mutants WW - Days of Ruin|bladescape|Recruiting|Sept 12
    |||Sept 19
    World of Darkness II - Asylum|banjo1985|Coming|Sept 26[/table]
    I believe that the Mutants WW - Days of Ruin by Bladescape is actually running, not recruiting.

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGirl

I know I said Friday.... But I had some free time.

With that being said

Reverse WW V - The Villagers Wrath!

Has been submitted for MOD approval.
    I am alive!

15. - Top - End - #45

I would like to reserve a slot for October 10, 2011 for a game I'm planning on narrating called: L.A. Noir.
    This game will have a 40 player limit.
    And yes, it will take place in 1945, a couple days after World War 2 ended so expect War Heroes, Crazed Soldiers, Mobsters, Undercover Detectives, Private Eyes, Shop Owners, Citizens, and even Escapees from an Insane Asylum.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Anyone fancy narrating classic 14? I'm itching to play a straight game. Looking forward to reverse too.
    Well I narrated Classic IX, and I'd be happy to narrate again. A simple game like Classic would be a great way to unwind after ACIV. Of course, if a new narrate wants to run it then I'd stand aside to give them a chance, otherwise I could put up a recruitment thread closer to ACIV ending, which may be another couple of weeks.

I could bring back Huxley Moon and his silver waxing strips...

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    I need to drop WoD back a bit, due to my random disappearance for the last couple of weeks. After Advent Children I'm going to need a little break from narrating anyway. before I burn myself out again.
    Thanks but don't go burning too hard
    I'm sure reverse will satisfy me for now!
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-09-16 at 05:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Lex kat, after this My little pony game is finished, will you start anouter one?
    if so, i would like to co-Narrate it.
    Despite everything, its still me.

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Lex kat, after this My little pony game is finished, will you start anouter one?
    Usually there's a break between two games of the same series, and depending on the game that can be anything from a month or so to a year. Just mentioning that most likely the My Little Pony II won't start for a little while.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-09-16 at 08:24 PM.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

20. - Top - End - #50

Once again, I am in need for an auto-lynch replacement for City of Shadows WW. Any volunteers?
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    Once again, I am in need for an auto-lynch replacement for City of Shadows WW. Any volunteers?
    Well... Could I play as two players?

22. - Top - End - #52

This reminds me:
    I'm looking for a co-narrator for my future L.A. Noir game to help with everything. Especially since it will be my first time running a 40 player game. Anyone available?
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    *sets up sign way across the universe*
    There I am!
    *goes to collect sign*
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    I'd like too if it's possible and I'm not too late... I've been following it for a while.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    I'd like too if it's possible and I'm not too late... I've been following it for a while.
    Looks like the auto-lynch victim showed up, so auto-lynch was avoided. However, if I need someone in the future (and I likely will), you will be my first choice. Thank you for volunteering.
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    This reminds me:
    I'm looking for a co-narrator for my future L.A. Noir game to help with everything. Especially since it will be my first time running a 40 player game. Anyone available?
    Heh, why not? I'll give this a shot if you'll take me.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it's going to be a while.

My next game is going to be Convoy...... I forgot what number we are on.

After that, Assassins V, then ItP: Battle for ______ (or Custom WW 3), and then MLP II.

I learned after my original runs of Assassins and Convoy that if I don't take a break from them, I get burned out and drop them completely.

But, I'll keep you in mind for co-narrator, if you want.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Heh, why not? I'll give this a shot if you'll take me.
    Frankly my friend, I would be delighted.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Well, i dont have the time to start and host a werewolf game.
    but i got an idea:

Watership down werewolf: roles will be main charecters, lynches and night kills will occur as the story goes on, in stead of directly writing the lynch or kill.

i thought it might worth the try.
    Despite everything, its still me.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Center WW could use a few more autolynch replacements, just in case.