New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I sent you a PM that says that i would like to be your CO-narrator.
    I've been busy. I got it right around the time my deity was spawned in an LOC game, and the next seven or so hours were spent writing up her introductory post.

Anyway, as far as the request goes, sorry, but I don't think you'd fit for a co-narrator in the capacity I'd want one.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

The question is -> who will be what role?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

I did actually submit a WW game thread but I think it's going to be rejected by the mods on the grounds that I don't have the foggiest idea what I'm doing.

Shame really, I was going to narrate it through the medium of really bad poetry.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess you'll find out on the 11th, when they get back.

But as long as it doesn't break the forum rules, my understanding is that the general thing is 'if it's broken and people still want to play, that's their problem'.

You mind putting up the rules here, so that it can be looked over for balance and such?

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragonspire Killers 2 has ended with a killers win.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Not actually played a Werewolf variant before, but I'd like to learn sometime- so if anyone could point me to a relatively simple variant that's recruiting, I'd be grateful.

Beyond that, I'm also (from an archive trawl in the last day or two) considering the ruleset for a variation of my own with something more of a science fiction going on space opera feel to it...

Now, due to my inexperience, this might end up as just a refluffing of something else, but I'd make every effort to make the fluff awesome.

Edit: Who am I kidding, my proposed Nebula Pirates system is probably going to be as complicated as all of the rest, considering the ideas I'm thinking on at the moment...
    Last edited by Mercenary Pen; 2012-02-07 at 10:52 AM.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

I only know of two WWs recruiting right now. Meta WW, by.... Ramsus and Bladescape. The other is Writer's Block, by me.

Meta WW is.... far from simple, it is going to be a combination of variants. ALL TEH VARIANTS!!!!!

Writer's Block is still not simple at all, but at least there are no secret roles or events. it's not hard to say it will be simpler than Meta WW (sorry), but it's still not "relatively simple". There's six factions. SIX. And everyone has TWO powers. Yeah. Far from simple. But, again, sorry to the authors of Meta WW, it will be simpler than the other currently recruiting.

If there are others recruiting now, sorry, I missed them in my glance through, shoot me a link and I'll probably join that one too.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    I only know of two WWs recruiting right now. Meta WW, by.... Ramsus and Bladescape. The other is Writer's Block, by me.

Meta WW is.... far from simple, it is going to be a combination of variants. ALL TEH VARIANTS!!!!!

Writer's Block is still not simple at all, but at least there are no secret roles or events. it's not hard to say it will be simpler than Meta WW (sorry), but it's still not "relatively simple". There's six factions. SIX. And everyone has TWO powers. Yeah. Far from simple. But, again, sorry to the authors of Meta WW, it will be simpler than the other currently recruiting.

If there are others recruiting now, sorry, I missed them in my glance through, shoot me a link and I'll probably join that one too.
    Yeah, I'd already seen writer's block, and that seemed rather too complicated for my first ever game, so if the other recruiting game is more complex, I'd best give that a miss too for the moment.

In all fairness, the one I have an idea for is not going to be simple, if only because simple won't give it the feel I want it to have- I mean I'm considering a higher ratio of "Wolves" to "Villagers" offset by expendable defences that'll cut the number of kills in the early game- and choices of weapons for the wolves, some of which will be more readily traced than others...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Werewolf is... Not currently recruiting, exactly, at least that I'm aware of, because I'm pretty sure the thread wasn't approved before the mods ended up without internet until the 11th, but it should go up when they get back, or shortly thereafter. It's simpler than Writer's Block or Meta WW (no offense to Flabort, Ramsus, and Bladescape; complexity isn't necessarily bad), but after that... It depends on your definition of 'relatively simple'. If you want to take a look at the rules, I can dig up and repost them?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Fae Werewolf is... Not currently recruiting, exactly, at least that I'm aware of, because I'm pretty sure the thread wasn't approved before the mods ended up without internet until the 11th, but it should go up when they get back, or shortly thereafter. It's simpler than Writer's Block or Meta WW (no offense to Flabort, Ramsus, and Bladescape; complexity isn't necessarily bad), but after that... It depends on your definition of 'relatively simple'. If you want to take a look at the rules, I can dig up and repost them?
    I would like to take a look at them too. I'm playing 2 games now, and I signed up for both Meta and Writer's Block, so I think I can easily handle another one.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed, complexity in itself isn't bad- it just doesn't lend itself easily to learner players.

I'd appreciate a look over the rules for Fae Werewolf, and I have space in my PM box if you'd rather not repost them in this thread.

Expect me to have an outline up for the basics of Nebula Pirates within the next two or three days, if only so that people can point out the ways I have completely broken the system...
    Part of YugiohITP

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

I, unfortunately, do not have space in my PM box to send it to you. I'm at 99% full, and I need that for the various TW, Chaos Diplomacy, WW, and LOC games I'm in. Plus, more eyes can't hurt So here they are:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Rules Outline:
    Spoiler
    Show
    48-72 hour day phases, 24-48 hour nights
    Three teams, two opposed, and one neutral.

Everyone starts blind, with the exceptions of The Watcher and The Glass-maker.

Helgraf's Scry Interference is active, so if two people scry the same target, they get a simple reading of "Interference". However, due to the large number of seers in the game making such a more likely possibility than normal, the rule is modified so that if more than two people scry the same person, they each are informed that they are a randomly chosen role other than their real one (this role is randomly determined for each seer; they do not all receive the same information.).

Items can be transferred day or night.

Certain roles can choose to transfer their powers to a known non-powered member of their faction, but only during the night phase.

The Fae (Town):

Spoiler
    Show

Win Condition:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kill all Hunters, and release or kill all enslaved Fae. Certain roles have their own win conditions in addition to this.

Roles:

Spoiler
    Show
    Enchanter: Once a day or night you can choose one person and redirect their vote or action to the target of your choice. This includes night kills. However, you cannot use this again until the next phase has passed. So, for example, if you choose to redirect a vote, you couldn't use your ability again until the next night passed.

The Gruagach: Once a night/day you can choose to protect one person from lynching, or night actions. However, if Arafel dies, you can choose, instead, to kill one person during the day or night phases.

Arafel, Keeper of the Tree of Swords and Jewels: During the day you can choose one person to protect from lynching, or in the night phase you can choose one known member of the neutral team to give a jewel from the Tree to, thus making them count, for purposes of powers and item restrictions, as a non-powered Fae in addition to their actual role.

The Glass-maker: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Watcher dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or void any night action(s) taken by one person. You start knowing the Watcher.

The Watcher: You are one of the Dreamers. So long as both of you are alive, you may each choose one target to scry each night. However, if the Glass-maker dies, you can choose each night to either return them to life or call one of the members of another team, changing their role to that of a non-powered Fae. You start knowing the Glass-maker.

The Keeper of the March: Once a night you may choose to kill one player, or protect them from lynching the next day by keeping them in your home. However, any player so protected is forbidden from voting the next day, or the protection is rendered void.

Courtier: The standard role with no powers.

The Hunters (Wolves):
    Spoiler
    Show

Win Condition:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kill or enslave all Fae.

Roles:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron amulet, which protects the bearer against any night actions taken by the Fae, a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills, or an iron collar, which allows the owner to attempt to enslave someone once per night until successful.

Slayers (At least two; exact number dependent on number of players): You start with an iron sword, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Tracker: Once each night, you may choose to scry one player.

Guardian: You may choose to protect one player each day/night from night kill or lynch.

Hunter: The standard non-powered role.

The Mercenaries:
    Spoiler
    Show

Win Condition:

Spoiler
    Show
    All roles have their own win conditions.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Mage: Once a day or night, you may choose to kill one player, or once per night you can remove the collar from an enslaved Fae.

The Mirror: Once every other day you may choose to redirect a lynching onto the first person to vote for someone, or once every other night you can choose to redirect any night actions other than scries and banes against one player back onto the person that performed them.

Assassin: You start with a crossbow, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Spy: Once each night you can choose to scry one player.

Soldier: The standard unpowered role.

Items:

Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Amulet: Protects against all night actions taken by Fae. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Iron Sword: Allows you to kill one player each night. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Iron Collar: Allows you to bring a single Fae per collar onto your team. Cannot be used by or traded to Fae.

Suit of Armor: Protects the owner from night kills.

Elfstone: An elfstone from the Tree of Swords and Jewels. Cannot be used by Hunters. Makes the owner count as an unpowered Fae for purposes of power transference and item restrictions.

Crossbow: Allows the owner to kill one player each night.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

lol, why are you guys apologizing for free advertising? It's not like the aim for Meta WW was simplicity or anything. Really, aiming for anything in particular at all would probably have ended in disappointment. I would like it if we could get a few more players though. Though maybe some of those who are gone will join when they come back. Like Qwaz.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    I would like to take a look at them too. I'm playing 2 games now, and I signed up for both Meta and Writer's Block, so I think I can easily handle another one.
    Pfft. I had eleven games going at once at one point. And I'm not even an old hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    lol, why are you guys apologizing for free advertising?
    Oh, yes, speaking of which... Can we all just get over Super dark in Medieval? Thanks. I'm not loving the negative publicity.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Oh, yes, speaking of which... Can we all just get over Super dark in Medieval? Thanks. I'm not loving the negative publicity.
    Huh?

1) What does what I said that you quoted have anything to do with that?
    2) It's been days since I've seen anyone say anything about that incident.

You might be being a tad oversensitive about the issue seeing as Medieval wasn't even being discussed.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Huh?

You might be being a tad oversensitive about the issue seeing as Medieval wasn't even being discussed.
    You talked about publicity, which is what brought it up.

You're dead in Assassins, so I doubt you're watching it. It's all over that game, and it's embarrassing.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh?

I think he might be sensitive since SuperDarks 'quest for redemption' in the Assassins thread caused a bit of discussion and stirred feelings.

Edit, Ninja'd by a Pirate. Such a shame.
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2012-02-07 at 03:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions... I would have preferred him doing nothing and that funny business staying out of this game, since I couldn't care less about what happened in Medieval WW. While this will most likely not break the game or cost anyone the victory, it was an unnecessary - and, frankly, unwelcome - interruption of game flow.
    Example, from today.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Missed this, but as it turns out, I posted them in thread anyway. Yay for luck!

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Example, from today.
    Unless you were directly involved in causing the incident I couldn't see how any of this would reflect poorly upon you or your game. I don't know since I haven't followed Medieval or bothered to look it up.

Your insistence to bring it up seems like a sign of guilty conscience though.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Unless you were directly involved in causing the incident I couldn't see how any of this would reflect poorly upon you or your game. I don't know since I haven't followed Medieval or bothered to look it up.

Your insistence to bring it up seems like a sign of guilty conscience though.
    Eh. People will make all sorts of associations. If all everyone who's not in it sees about Medieval is the thing with Superdark, when it comes time for the next game, even if they've forgotten just why, they might be reluctant to join it because somewhere in the back of their minds is the association of the game with cheating and unpleasantness.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Eh. People will make all sorts of associations. If all everyone who's not in it sees about Medieval is the thing with Superdark, when it comes time for the next game, even if they've forgotten just why, they might be reluctant to join it because somewhere in the back of their minds is the association of the game with cheating and unpleasantness.
    Yes, thank you. That's my thinking.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

Heh. Missed this, but as it turns out, I posted them in thread anyway. Yay for luck!

I read the rules and it doesn't seem too complicated. I like the idea of enslaving people, but what do they exactly do when they are enslaved?
    Do they join the wolves/follow wolf orders, or are they considered dead for the time they are enslaved?
    Some good items (Crossbow! Favorite weapon)
    So I'll join as soon as the thread is up, can't wait.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, then I guess people are strange. And forgetful.
    Or at least that you believe them to be.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pfft. I had eleven games going at once at one point. And I'm not even an old hand.
    That's impressive. Especially seeing as how I've signed up for every single werewolf game since I joined this part of the forum, and I'm only ever alive in five to seven at max. In fact, now that I think about it, there have only been a few games that I've even done well in; the vast majority seee me killed by the wolves early on, which is funny because I'm never that threatening.

Anyways, @ Mercenary Pen: I think its been long enough to get a simple variant like Classic or Mafia started. It's always fun to learn in larger games, if we can get a narrator.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Anyways, @ Mercenary Pen: I think its been long enough to get a simple variant like Classic or Mafia started. It's always fun to learn in larger games, if we can get a narrator.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I could try to narrate it, would be my first time, but maybe I should start as a co-narrator on a simple game and then start one of my own.
    So if someone (experience appreciated) would like to start a classic WW game with me as co-narrator, I would love to try it.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Yeah, that would be good for an initiation... and for me to get lynched/night killed right at the start
    Part of YugiohITP

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

I read the rules and it doesn't seem too complicated. I like the idea of enslaving people, but what do they exactly do when they are enslaved?
    Do they join the wolves/follow wolf orders, or are they considered dead for the time they are enslaved?
    Some good items (Crossbow! Favorite weapon)
    So I'll join as soon as the thread is up, can't wait.
    Ah. Good question. It's a recruitment, only usable on Fae or Neutrals with an Elfstone, and breakable by the Mage.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

@Penguinator: You still didn't really answer my questions as far as I could tell. What did anything I said here have to do with that subject? Especially the line you quoted. Sounds like you're annoyed at other people for not dropping the subject and pinning it on me when I dropped it quite a while ago.

Edit: And no, I haven't been following Assassins. I tend not to follow games where I died too early to get attached to. Especially if I think my death was stupid (not the narration, I meant on the part of the people who killed me).
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-02-07 at 05:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Penguinator: You still didn't really answer my questions as far as I could tell. What did anything I said here have to do with that subject? Especially the line you quoted. Sounds like you're annoyed at other people for not dropping the subject and pinning it on me when I dropped it quite a while ago.

Edit: And no, I haven't been following Assassins. I tend not to follow games where I died too early to get attached to. Especially if I think my death was stupid (not the narration, I meant on the part of the people who killed me).
    Why the hell does his comment have to mean that you said anything?

As far as I can tell from casual observation, it just seems to me like he quoted your piece because that's what part of the conversation led him on to asking for that.

EDIT:
    And since I'd like not to clog up Assassins with any more debate about anything offtopic:

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Just wanted to say that you sound like some mom trying to comfort her son who after killing someone's cat with his bicycle, gets caught stealing someone else's cat to replace the one he (perhaps accidentally) killed.
    I, and perhaps others, am/are taking the role of the annoyed person living on the other side of town who's cat got stolen and is now standing outside the door.

Sometimes action is worse than inaction. Quite often really when you consider the amount of actions which can make a bad situation even worse.

But I'm not supposed to be seen in this game any more so I'll let this be my last post before the end of it.
    If you're gonna give an example to someone else, then at least freaking well do a good one. Thufir and Firemeier's reactions were much more accurate and on the spot.

And I'm guessing you'll want an explanation for my comment as well. So let's see. You're alikening a mother trying to comfort a child over something he's done wrong and tried to fix by doing something more wrong....

To Rune saying that action is better than inaction? He never said SuperDark's actions are right. He never tried to comfort SuperDark. ALL he said is that getting the courage to try doing something, even wrong, is better than sitting back. How are they similar? The whole motivation is different.

And I could even go on a rant here, but I'll leave it.

(Apologies to anything.. offensive I've said. I'm feeling like Trash this morning.)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-02-07 at 06:45 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!