New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

This should make the fool the most wanted role of all!

Thanks C'nor for the text.
    Fun Facts That Aren't As Funny As The Maker Intended:
    The yellow book is called 'Divination for Dummies'. The other books are fortune telling related titles and one has the name of the song I was listening to while making this.
    Somewhere deep inside is a lost square. I put it a few layers down and couldn't retrieve it without destroying the entire picture.
    Edit: Made the contents of the bowl dark.
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-02-14 at 09:04 AM.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Ooh, if you're doing requests:
    "I am the Devil.
    "Evil to the core, the Devil gathers powerful allies, and seeks to destroy all innocence. He has powerful magic, and can tell a person's story by looking into his heart... which he may rip out in an instant."

Picture of your classic demon. Curling massive horns, ugly scowl, red flesh, glowing eyes, fire and brimstone in his teeth and hair.

"I am the Baner.
    "Superstitious and suspecting, the Baner carries about all the tricks to protect themselves, or others. Garlic against vampires, wolvesbane for werewolves, holy symbols and water against anything they missed."

Picture of some herbs scattered about, a clove of garlic, a cross. Whatever.

Mmm, care to do some not-so-classic roles? Just a couple common variants:

"I am the Alpha.
    "The Alpha is the strongest wolf of the pack. He is leader by right of strength, and kills those he doesn't trust. As such, the entire pack serving under the Alpha is hand picked; An Alpha who knows what he's doing is dangerous."

Picture of Courage Wolf, without that gold background. Or whatever. Anything wolfy, but more powerful looking. 'dunno.

"I am the Beast.
    "Every group has that crazy guy nobody interacts with for fear he might attack. In a group of Werewolves, the Beast is just that. He is a mad-wolf, going into a killer frenzy at the slightest provocation. Even if he can be killed, it won't be before he sheds blood."

Picture of... Ooh, I don't rightly know. Not pills, though they'd be good. How about a wolf with rabies? Or if you actually use Courage wolf for the Alpha, then that counterpart. The... Crazy Wolf. Whatever.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I am Neutral.
    "Apathetic to a fault, the Neutral has their own ideas about how the world should be run. While some seek only to survive in a world of insanity, others seek to promote it, killing and ruining the lives of others for their own sadistic purposes."

Dunno about the picture.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Ooh, if you're doing requests:

Mmm, care to do some not-so-classic roles? Just a couple common variants:

"I am the Alpha.
    "The Alpha is the strongest wolf of the pack. He is leader by right of strength, and kills those he doesn't trust. As such, the entire pack serving under the Alpha is hand picked; An Alpha who knows what he's doing is dangerous."

Picture of Courage Wolf, without that gold background. Or whatever. Anything wolfy, but more powerful looking. 'dunno.

"I am the Beast.
    "Every group has that crazy guy nobody interacts with for fear he might attack. In a group of Werewolves, the Beast is just that. He is a mad-wolf, going into a killer frenzy at the slightest provocation. Even if he can be killed, it won't be before he sheds blood."

Picture of... Ooh, I don't rightly know. Not pills, though they'd be good. How about a wolf with rabies? Or if you actually use Courage wolf for the Alpha, then that counterpart. The... Crazy Wolf. Whatever.
    NOOOOOO!!!
    You lured me to the shady parts of the internet!
    I've been reading Insanity Wolf posters for 10 minutes and now I even laugh about them!

But I already have a very good Beast picture. Maybe I'll use Courage wolf for the Alpha, but he isn't exactly the style I'm looking for.
    Edit:
    Beast is done!

Edit:
    I am the ALPHA!
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-02-14 at 05:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

5. - Top - End - #695
    Bugbear in the Playground

Soooo, since I got a bit time I posted RAF XXXI.
    It's waiting to get approved.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Werewolf, as twelve people found out before I did, is now recruiting.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!
    You lured me to the shady parts of the internet!
    I've been reading Insanity Wolf posters for 10 minutes and now I even laugh about them!

But I already have a very good Beast picture. Maybe I'll use Courage wolf for the Alpha, but he isn't exactly the style I'm looking for.
    Edit:
    Beast is done!

Edit:
    I am the ALPHA!
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou sooooo very much! Courage wolf was only a suggestion, but I think it looks pretty good. And sorry for dragging you off into the deep end of the meme pool - be glad I didn't like TVtropes

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #698
    Firbolg in the Playground

OK, so I meant to bring this up while the controversy over superdark was still going on, but I forgot. Maybe it's better anyway that it was left a bit so people had a chance to cool off about it a bit? Anyway, the problem was of course that he messed some things up by taking it on himself to punish himself for cheating.

Now, there is actually this thing in the 3rd OP of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Rules on cheating:

The SMBG stance on cheating applies to all of these games, and cheaters will be punished as dictated by the SMBG rules.

However, after the culprit has been punished and s/he has served his time off from the werewolf games, it will become forgotten history. No one is to speak of it further, and any concern will be PMed to the narrators of that game, not posted in the thread.
    Only, I can't find these SMBG rules anywhere. I don't know if we really want to do anything in this particular instance, but on the chance it might happen again in future, it would be good to know what we're actually supposed to do if someone cheats. So, anyone know anything about this? Oldies? Mods?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

OK, so I meant to bring this up while the controversy over superdark was still going on, but I forgot. Maybe it's better anyway that it was left a bit so people had a chance to cool off about it a bit? Anyway, the problem was of course that he messed some things up by taking it on himself to punish himself for cheating.

Now, there is actually this thing in the 3rd OP of this thread:

Only, I can't find these SMBG rules anywhere. I don't know if we really want to do anything in this particular instance, but on the chance it might happen again in future, it would be good to know what we're actually supposed to do if someone cheats. So, anyone know anything about this? Oldies? Mods?
    There used to be a thread for section rules in SMBG, which included such things as the three post rule, but it was unstickied and allowed to expire when the mods decided those rules were no longer required.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The old rules have been gone for who knows how long and I don't know of anyone who remembers what was in them. Alarra and I will take some time and consider what kinds of things might be appropriate in an SMBG ruleset and run it up the flagpole. I won't say expect something soon, but we'll do our best.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Barbarian in the Playground

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

12. - Top - End - #702

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    The old rules have been gone for who knows how long and I don't know of anyone who remembers what was in them. Alarra and I will take some time and consider what kinds of things might be appropriate in an SMBG ruleset and run it up the flagpole. I won't say expect something soon, but we'll do our best.
    I just think it'd be useful to have an official procedure for dealing with cheating. Of course, usually it doesn't happen, and I do generally trust my players, but it's potentially worrying that if someone did cheat I don't know what I could reasonably do about it.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

I belive i served my sentence, as i killed myself in a game i realy wanted to play in.
    Despite everything, its still me.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I belive i served my sentence, as i killed myself in a game i realy wanted to play in.
    1) Let's drop the matter.
    2) That's not really how it works.

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I believe I served my sentence, as I killed myself in a game I really wanted to play in.
    No. We want a way of dealing with cheating which doesn't disrupt the games the cheater is playing in and potentially spoil the experience for others.
    Like I said, we probably don't want to do anything in this instance, since there's already been enough of a kerfuffle over it, but we need to know what to do in future, so this doesn't happen again.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

I agree with Thufir. We need rules for this type of situation. And the matter with Super Dark33 is done and over. So let's do as Ramsus suggests, and drop it.

Super Dark33, I don't believe we are trying to further punish you. But in the future, it'd be nice to have guidlines, so the guilty don't punish themselves.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-02-16 at 07:51 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #707
    Pixie in the Playground

Err... Err.... Dang it.

I don't think I counted UKitp WW in my count of WW's that were going on...>.>
    And now I've set up Demons WW on the same date as a small group and a big group.... so question, what do you do in cases where an extra small game is set up...?
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Dwarf in the Playground

If it's a small game just role with it mate. If your sign up are a touch slow just extend the sign up period a touch.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

That's it for Trickery? I had nearly enough people to play Trickery in one day of Medieval recruiting, and it was low-info!

Where is everybody?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    If it's a small game just role with it mate. If your sign up are a touch slow just extend the sign up period a touch.
    No, I wasn't complaining about recruitment being slow, I mean, I'd have liked it to be faster, but it's not like your game slowed it down any, I mean, most of the players in your one are not regular WWers anyway...

What I was worried about is that people aren't supposed to set this many games up on one week, so I may have crossed a line there...>.>
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

MCWW will come in 26 days! guess what the theme is!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

What's the MC stand for? My blind guess..... Ponies.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Dwarf in the Playground

My guess is hammers or eschers.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perhaps Minecraft?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

25. - Top - End - #715
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I don't think there have been quite that many games here yet...

((MCRoman = 1,100))
    The BareFoot Programmer

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

"My Cecret"? An obvious mispelling could hide the real words like that, but I doubt it.
    "Mecha Combat"? "Murdered Chef"? "Missing Car"?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Master Chief?

Ooh, Most Creative! That certainly fits with Lex-Kat.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-02-17 at 04:41 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Perhaps Minecraft?
    No, obviously Minecraft!
    Well, that's my guess. And I'm 100-10^-99 % sure.
    More guesses:
    Transformers?
    Mega Culprit?
    Monster Clay?
    Morph Cops?
    Meta Classic?
    Missing Copies?
    Mission Carbondioxide?
    Movie Critics?
    Mullet Critters?
    Molesting Creepers?

And if its Minecraft:
    Devil - Enderdragon
    Werewolves - Zombies/Skeletons/Endermen
    Beast - Creeper
    Villagers - Blindfolded Players without screens or eyes.
    Seer - Player with screen, eyes and no blindfold.
    Masons - Moderators?
    Baner - Cheating players?

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

After months of grueling battle, Center WW has finally ended with a Celestial (wolf) victory. Congrats to... over half the players, who joined the team. Some more than once.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

One of you is right about it.