New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    i didnt say it aint minecraft, it may be. it may be all of them at once! who knows? even i barely know!
    You did!
    Quote Originally Posted by super dark33
    One of you is right about it.
    I guessed Minecraft and someone else did too, so we were both right about it, if it's Minecraft. So it can't be Minecraft, because you said only one of us was right. QED

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

More accurately, he may have meant "One or more of you is right".
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think the reasons that Blue are seers is that they hope that they can work out who is on their side before they get killed.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, 23 days for my next WW, and I can tell you now, that when it will end, I will start the sixth installment of YE OLD WEST!
    Just for teh spoilehrs.
    Show me a note of permission from Supagoof and I'll believe you.
    Wait, scratch that, you could falsify it. Have Supagoof confirm this himself and I'll believe you.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

wait i need confirmation from him to that?
    ummm...
    you need glasses.
    Despite everything, its still me.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

wait i need confirmation from him to that?
    Yeah, it's generally bad form to steal someone else's game and run it without their consent.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2012-02-22 at 10:55 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

7. - Top - End - #757

Wait I need confirmation from him to do that?
    ...you know how the title of this thread says, quite emphatically, "READ OPENING POSTS"?

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    In general, a WW variant someone runs is considered specifically theirs. If you want to run another one of it, you must ask them nicely to let you co-narrate.
    Just sayin'.

ummm...
    you need glasses.
    Yes I do, however I fail to see what relevance this has to anything or what point you're trying to make with it.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

Yes I do, however I fail to see what relevance this has to anything or what point you're trying to make with it.
    Its a quote from my electronics teacher. if he writes a mistake on the whiteboard and somone points that out, he erases the mistake and says:'You need new glasses'.
    Despite everything, its still me.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Wait! I've got a terrible idea! How about a Godzilla themed WW??

The Monsterpocalypse has begun. Many of the giant beasts have put aside their differences and have teamed up and are rampaging across the planet destroying cities and making insurance company agents work overtime.

However, the Japn Self Defense Force (JSDF) has planned for this. Many years ago they captured some of the monsters and are keeping them locked in secure underground prisons. They made lifelike robotic versions of these behemoths in hopes of battling, defeating, and imprisoning the free monsters.

Now, the gathering of goliaths has been infiltrated by the JSDF. Every day in addition to devastating a city, they will beat down one of their own that they assume to be a robotic duplicate. Each night the robots will encapture one of the monsters and drag it to a prison facility.

Roles:
    Godzilla- (Baner)- The King of All Monsters doesn't appreciate others attacking his crew, so each night he'll protect one monster of his choosing from the JSDF.
    Mothra - (seer) each night Mothra can fly around a peek at one other monster to see what they are up to.
    Arhtom- (fool) Skin cells from Mothra were shed when Mothra flew into space to stop an asteroid and were sucked into a black hole then spit out through a while hole creating Arhtom. However, this clone isn't quite as intelligent as the original and is easily confused by what it sees.

Unique aspect: I don't know yet, to be honest. I was pondering maybe a search feature like Ye Olde West has, where players can find underground bunkers and maybe get items or free some of the captured monsters. Its still an idea in progress, but I thought it'd be fun to put to paper and see if anyone else had anything to add.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Werewolf has officially begun!

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Post contains fairly minor potential spoilers for Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

Okay, so I was sitting in Study Hall and got an idea for a werewolf game. Starcraft 2 themed, this would occur somewhere in the middle of Wings of Liberty (after you pick up Tosh and Dr. Hansen, but before people start getting killed off). There is an infestation on the Hyperion, and they aren't sure who's been infested. Cue werewolf scenario.

Here's the roles I have so far, along with my variant rule.

SC Werewolves: The Infestation

Terran roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jim Raynor: Night Baner, if killed by zerg, doubles as Beast
    EDIT: Raynor cannot protect himself

Tychus Findlay: gets a night kill, but is killed if he attacks a certain number of Terrans (exact number based on player count)

Egon Stetmann: Seer

Gabriel Tosh: can watch a target each night. If the watched person is involved in night activities (Seer/Fool/Devil abilities, night kills, night guard), any visible roles are revealed.
    full description: If Tosh watches someone who performs a night kill, Tosh is told who they are (Tychus or infected). If the kill target is protected by Raynor, Raynor is also revealed to Tosh. If Tosh watches the Seer/Fool, Tosh receives the same information as the Seer/Fool/Devil, but is not informed which role the target was.

Matt Horner: Day Baner (chooses at night, and protects during the following day, when it is announced)

Swann: Fool (If someone else can think of a better character for fool/role for Swann, I'll take it. It felt wrong to leave out Swann)

Hill’s mercs: Masons (Again, any better ideas will be accepted)

Zerg Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ariel Hansen: Devil

Abberation: Beast

Infestor : If the infestor takes part in a night kill, it becomes an infestation and the target is converted (may not be used, if used, will probably be secret from other zerg)

Variation rule
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Takes part in”: If a person is in the majority when an action is performed, they are considered to be “taking part”. This determines if they are in danger of a revenge kill and if they are detected by Tosh, as well as if the infestor's ability is used.

I don't know about a timeline, but I wanted to put the ideas out here and get some feedback
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2012-02-24 at 06:35 PM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #762
    Halfling in the Playground

No Queen of Blades? FOR SHAME.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

13. - Top - End - #763
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Post contains fairly minor potential spoilers for Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty
    *snip*
    I don't know about a timeline, but I wanted to put the ideas out here and get some feedback
    Sig credit for avatar I made for you?
    Edit: Thank you!
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-02-24 at 06:35 PM.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Raynor and Tosh are both overpowered, especially with the sparse amount of Zerg powers. Raynor is more or less able to claim his role and still bane other people (at least in the beginning) and Tosh could easily determine the full Zerg list on a lucky scry.

The Infestor has absolutely no reason to keep his ability and its use secret, nor a reason not to use it every single night. Even if the zerg start blind, this could easily get out of hand as soon as the infestor has succeeded twice (or sooner, if the other Zerg just don't vote for the night kill).

My suggestions would be:
    Limiting Tosh to only knowing that the person did something (maybe to who, but not what)
    Giving Raynor a choice between his two abilities each night (but not both)
    Either limit infestations on a cycle (every 3 nights or so) or run a cult*

*A cult has a leader (the infestor, in this case) and can recruit one person each night while the leader lives. If the leader dies, whoever he managed to recruit then become traditional wolves. The leader starts out alone and none of his recruits have powers.
    The BareFoot Programmer

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ur-Quan View Post
    No Queen of Blades? FOR SHAME.
    Didn't fit with the idea of it being set on the Hyperion. I considered having Kerrigan involved somehow, but couldn't think of a good way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    Sig credit for avatar I made for you?
    I'll update my sig, completely forgot to do that.

Programmer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Raynor and Tosh are both overpowered, especially with the sparse amount of Zerg powers. Raynor is more or less able to claim his role and still bane other people (at least in the beginning) and Tosh could easily determine the full Zerg list on a lucky scry.

The Infestor has absolutely no reason to keep his ability and its use secret, nor a reason not to use it every single night. Even if the zerg start blind, this could easily get out of hand as soon as the infestor has succeeded twice (or sooner, if the other Zerg just don't vote for the night kill).

My suggestions would be:
    Limiting Tosh to only knowing that the person did something (maybe to who, but not what)
    Giving Raynor a choice between his two abilities each night (but not both)
    Either limit infestations on a cycle (every 3 nights or so) or run a cult*

*A cult has a leader (the infestor, in this case) and can recruit one person each night while the leader lives. If the leader dies, whoever he managed to recruit then become traditional wolves. The leader starts out alone and none of his recruits have powers.
    For Raynor: If he claimed his role, he gets killed that night almost as a guarantee (Terrans lose Baner in exchange for 1 zerg). He isn't a night kill, he's a Beast that only triggers if he is night killed

Tosh: Fair point, I'd probably make the limit 1 person who was taking part, as well as any special abilities (extreme example: Stetmann is being watched, and is targeted by Tychus, targeted by Zerg, and banered by Raynor, he would get Tychus, Raynor, Stetmann as a scry-capable, and a random Zerg)

Infestor: That's the major reason why I'm skeptical about it. One major point of the infestor being blind in this case would be that, if the rest of the zerg decided to not vote (letting the infestor choose and get an auto-convert), it would kill a targetted zerg.
    For the cult, unless the cult leader is the only zerg at start, that sounds even more powerful. It would give a free nightly recruit in addition to the night kill, instead of the recruit replacing the kill.
    As is, the recruit may not occur, since the zerg would probably start blind and couldn't coordinate votes, and it can be blocked by Raynor. And it still goes away when the infestor is killed.

On the topic of zerg powers, I'm open to more, but I couldn't think of too many that weren't gamebreaking and were still useful.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #766
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Comments embedded in the spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For Raynor: If he claimed his role, he gets killed that night almost as a guarantee (Terrans lose Baner in exchange for 1 zerg). He isn't a night kill, he's a Beast that only triggers if he is night killed
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Why wouldn't Raynor just bane himself so as not to be the night kill? If he's not allowed to, you didn't mention that previously.
    Infestor: That's the major reason why I'm skeptical about it. One major point of the infestor being blind in this case would be that, if the rest of the zerg decided to not vote (letting the infestor choose and get an auto-convert), it would kill a targetted zerg.
    For the cult, unless the cult leader is the only zerg at start, that sounds even more powerful. It would give a free nightly recruit in addition to the night kill, instead of the recruit replacing the kill.
    As is, the recruit may not occur, since the zerg would probably start blind and couldn't coordinate votes, and it can be blocked by Raynor. And it still goes away when the infestor is killed.
    I think you're misunderstanding the "cult" idea. In games that have cultists, the cult has no power whatsoever outside of recruitment. Their goal is to recruit all remaining players, regardless of team. In this case the infestor would work separately from the other Zerg and have a different win condition. The comment that they would become just like other wolves with the death of the cult leader was kind of misleading on that point. They'd become more like neutral masons.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

It's been a long time since I've looked at WW games. I didn't realize it wasn't a base rule that the baner couldn't self-protect. I'll edit my original post to include that.

That makes a lot more sense for the cult. I may end up doing that. I think I'll only include the infestor if I get a LOT of players interested.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well, I think I've got enough experience playing this game that I'm ready to move on to narrating, but I've got a few questions I need to ask first.

1. Is it a good idea for new narrators to start with something like WW Classic, or should I leave popular games like that for more experienced narrators and just use a simple variant of my own?

2. Is it better to publicly ask for a volunteer to co-narrate in this thread, or approach somebody via PM despite not knowing them very well?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

I believe the answers you are looking for are..... "yes".

20. - Top - End - #770

I didn't realize it wasn't a base rule that the baner couldn't self-protect.
    It is on other boards, but GITP is weird.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by BourgeoisJerry View Post
    1. Is it a good idea for new narrators to start with something like WW Classic, or should I leave popular games like that for more experienced narrators and just use a simple variant of my own?
    Classic being the big deal it is, it's generally done by narrators with at least a bit of experience, who we're confident will be reliable with it. New narrators are often encouraged to co-narrate it though.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

If you've got ideas, I'd say use them. I'm already running one game and have two and a half QTs for discussing future games that I'm going to run, and rules for at least two more games lying around. And a third that I volunteered for that I'd still like to run but lost the gusto for.

In short, if you have a lot of ideas they can take a long time to implement, I know I'm not the only one who has a huge list going. That, and you've been here long enough that I trust you not to make a horribly imbalanced game on your first go.

2. Is it better to publicly ask for a volunteer to co-narrate in this thread, or approach somebody via PM despite not knowing them very well?
    I'd ask for one in-thread. Safer that way, and you never know what new friends you'll make. Not everybody likes every kind of game, mind you.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for not updating WB for a while, I left an excuse there. Sorry, Vesth, I haven't checked our planning QT for 2 days for the same reason.

I'll be back to check it in the morning, though.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having gone through some of my old files, I found the rules for the Rome game I ran about 3 years ago. I think there's a lot of room for improvement, and I would be glad to run a game like this again. Anyone interested in co-narrating, and helping me refine the rules?

25. - Top - End - #775

I can help you with the second part.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Rules are pretty much finalized for Meta WW and we'd like everyone to check into their QTs. Also, anyone know when we're allowed to start?

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it looks like we may need a replacement for Fae WW. Anyone interested?

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey everyone, I would like to apologise but my participation will be a tad sporadic in the next week or so. My university is running its orientation, and well, I guess you know the rest
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch. High School orientations are bad enough, I had to wear the closest thing to a uniform I've ever worn: A bright orange T-shirt with footprints on it, with the schools initials inside, so that the visitors could tell between us and them. As my friend put it: "Hi, I'm from PAA, and I get walked on daily."

Not to say the shirts weren't uncomfortable, or good looking. I still wear that one sometimes.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Ouch. High School orientations are bad enough, I had to wear the closest thing to a uniform I've ever worn: A bright orange T-shirt with footprints on it, with the schools initials inside, so that the visitors could tell between us and them. As my friend put it: "Hi, I'm from PAA, and I get walked on daily."

Not to say the shirts weren't uncomfortable, or good looking. I still wear that one sometimes.
    You just used a triple negative and made it work! Nice job there. Although you did just say that the shirts were uncomfortable...
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.