New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Just as a notice to the couple WW games I'm in. I have only infrequent access to the internet for the next week so don't expect any high levels of activity.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

As I get ready to start recruitment for the City of Spires II, I noticed that the first page schedule of this thread is... dated... When is the next available date for me to start a game? I'd like to start in a couple of weeks if possible.

Also, if anyone wants to help co-narrate let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Yes! In times a million! City of Spires was the most glorious of games for me. I can't wait. Although it won't be the same without Tilt.
    I agree, Tilt really was an exceptional player.
    He was extraordinarily on top of everything that happened. People can probably learn a lot from the example he set. He was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grue View Post
    Want. Want want want.

Where do I sign up?
    I've submitted the thread for approval so hopefully it will be approved soon and we can start recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Some of the mechanics are unfair. For one, every faction should have one "Master X" role or other sort of advantage; otherwise, the factions without these roles are at a disadvantage. Second, Double Agent and Elf are overpowered. They are strictly superior to Master Spy and Townsfolk respectively, with no disadvantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I don't think Double Agent is broken; the player is more powerful, but they don't make the faction any more powerful.

Elf would have to have some kind of difficult win condition though, considering nobody has any reason to want to lynch it. And yeah, every faction needs a special role I think. (Master Baner trumps both of them right now anyway.)
    Yes, I agree, each noble will have either a Master Baner or a Master Spy...

I am not sure what to do about the imbalance of some roles being more powerful than other roles... other than to just allow it as roles are never equal anyways...

My reason for thinking of adding the Double Agent is to mix things up even more than they are ;-) The ninja of the last game arguably had the odds stacked against them due to the unity of the nobles against them.

The reasoning I have behind the elf is that the Master Ninja is sort of exposed if an assassination attempt fails against him... I'm hoping having this role in the game will help keep things interesting should that happen early on. I'm not sure how I would make the win condition for the elf any harder... considering that he will likely be under suspicion by other townsfolk if his invulnerability to assassination comes to their attention.

Really the elf imbalance is not significant compared to other werewolf games where a there is a baner who banes himself the whole game and thus survives...

HaHa! Well, I'm looking forward to anything that comes to the City of Spires!
    See you all in that thread soon, I hope
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Lawyer #1 View Post
    I am not sure what to do about the imbalance of some roles being more powerful than other roles... other than to just allow it as roles are never equal anyways...

The reasoning I have behind the elf is that the Master Ninja is sort of exposed if an assassination attempt fails against him... I'm hoping having this role in the game will help keep things interesting should that happen early on. I'm not sure how I would make the win condition for the elf any harder... considering that he will likely be under suspicion by other townsfolk if his invulnerability to assassination comes to their attention.

Really the elf imbalance is not significant compared to other werewolf games where a there is a baner who banes himself the whole game and thus survives...
    The problem isn't role equality; it's faction equality. Yes the baner can force himself to survive, but his goal in the game isn't to survive. Town is all-neutral: Each townie has a different win condition: Survival of theirselves, indifferent to the others. Each one is an individual faction. But the faction of the Elf has the unfair advantage of being immune to assassination. If they were all part of the same faction it would be fair, but here they are all separate. Elf can exist; he just needs something to be harder for him. Perhaps you can make it so that the Double Agent must lynch the Elf to win. Something like that. Suddenly, both are at a disadvantage.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Pixie in the Playground

Agree with Sapo, and adding that a Baner that constantly banes himself sacrifices the opportunity to bane anyone else, whereas the Elf in this game sacrifices nothing for the same effect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

5. - Top - End - #1085

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    The problem isn't role equality; it's faction equality. Yes the baner can force himself to survive, but his goal in the game isn't to survive. Town is all-neutral: Each townie has a different win condition: Survival of theirselves, indifferent to the others. Each one is an individual faction. But the faction of the Elf has the unfair advantage of being immune to assassination. If they were all part of the same faction it would be fair, but here they are all separate. Elf can exist; he just needs something to be harder for him. Perhaps you can make it so that the Double Agent must lynch the Elf to win. Something like that. Suddenly, both are at a disadvantage.
    Hmmm, I like that; that's good: Elf vs. Double Agent. I think I'll include that! Thanks Saposhiente!
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

reposting this because it was last post on a page and I'm interested in feedback.

I just had an idea for a cult based WW. Not where the wolves are the cultists: everyone is a cultist. The "good" cultists are attempting to rid themselves of the "evil" cultists who have strayed from the true path.

Instead of a lynch, each day someone is sacrificed. The difference is that a sacrifice has their power used, and magnified. The best example I have right now is that if the baner is sacrificed, that person can choose 3 people to bane for the following night.

It needs some work (deciding what each role would do when sacrificed, and which roles to use), but I think it could be interesting.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Hah, I actually had a similar idea myself recently. I think it sounds like it'd be a fun game.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

I actually thought of a slightly more twisted variant.

This is a blind wolf version. It would never work otherwise.

The goal is to be the first side to be completely sacrificed. All roles work the same, but this means you have flipped targets. And wolves can be killed by the wolf NKer. Which would be a good thing in this win condition.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Orc in the Playground

So you need to kill off your own team? You win only if you're dead? So Baners would need to protect players on the other team? What if you're the last of your team, could you commit suicide or would you need to convince the other team to kill you?

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Exactly. I am considering including a Witchhunt style option for after death voting, though. I'm thinking give the dead players a QT and each night/day they vote on someone's power to use (50% vote required for a power to be used, 90% gives them the enhanced power of a sacrifice [ie, tri baner])

How would you know you were the last member of your team? It would be a Medieval style blind game.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #1091

OrcBarbarianGuy

Howdy, got a small question from the peanut gallery: Are we anticipating werewolves XV soon? Seems like it's been a while since the last one, wanted to know if it was coming up soon or if we're waiting for something/someone.

Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #1092

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    The goal is to be the first side to be completely sacrificed. All roles work the same, but this means you have flipped targets. And wolves can be killed by the wolf NKer. Which would be a good thing in this win condition.
    The ultimate problem with this is that everyone wants theirselves dead. The lynch would be a campaign of people trying to get theirselves lynched, and the voters would be the people who would rather lose than die. The best play for wolves would be to not NK for since the NK never targets the person selecting it, it would on average kill a disproportionate amount of villagers. By not NKing, suddenly the wolves are on even footing, but then if they have less members than the villagers they have a large advantage. So the factions would have to be equal in size. But then suddenly, the lynch is irrelevant. Half of the people don't actually want to lynch townies; wolves would have near-control over the lynch if they were connected. But since they aren't connected, they just vote for theirselves and completely at random. The wolves are indistinguishable from the villagers and no logic happens during the Day. etc...

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Pixie in the Playground

Maybe Town could have multiple kills and the (connected) wolves could have a resurrection power instead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Dwarf in the Playground

I told the people who made this site that I would plug it here. Basically it's a brand new werewolf forum.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

Why would you need a brand new werewolf forum if we have an active community here?

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    I actually thought of a slightly more twisted variant.

This is a blind wolf version. It would never work otherwise.

The fact that there could be no auto-lynches could make it a bit tricky, IMO. And possibly boring/turn into a stalemate end game.

Edit: Although you could turn the AL into an auto-bane or extra life or something. It would incentivate people to post, at least.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2012-06-25 at 08:36 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Final stretch of recruitment, spots open until 1.7. The game starts on 5.7.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post13372778
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

18. - Top - End - #1098

Beholder

Hello all!

I'm going to put the start date for City of Spires II at July 7 if that is okay with everyone...
    See you all in thread!
    :-)
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Gray Mage, I like your thinking. Although I'd like to believe people would post because they signed up for the game, not because I threaten them with extra lives.

Which, by the way, when taken out of context, has got to be the least scary threat I've ever made.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

My entire county has been without power since Friday night due to a lovely little storm. I'll be shutting the computer off in a moment so I don't blow a switch. Just thought you should know why I'm not posting.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Alan Wake Werewolf game has now started. Have fun people.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Sapo, what the heck man? You can't autolynch people because their entire country loses power and they still manage to give you warning about their inability to post. If you wanted to throw him up on the list of targets that'd be another thing but, what you did was totally uncool.

23. - Top - End - #1103

'tis not cool, but 'tis his game and the rules have been stated out-front, there is nothing unfair or incorrect about his decision. You and I might want to come out for people and bend rules for them, but you can't and shouldn't demand others to act like you do.

24. - Top - End - #1104

As I said, he should have PMed me his target in advance. He was capable of doing that. Heck, he could have even just ended Day at that point.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-07-03 at 01:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Ur-Quan, I think you misunderstand my point. How is what Sapo did any different that say if while Alarra, Lex, and other people were gone they'd been autolynched even though they gave warning. Or when anyone else says they can't post. As far as I know it's not an official rule here to not autolynch people when they're away but, it's really rude.

Sapo, considering that the only thing he said anywhere was that his country didn't have power, I don't think he had time to read the thread and make a decision, unless you're saying he should have made that decision blindly. It sounded very much like all he could manage to do was get online for a few minutes.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Ur-Quan, I think you misunderstand my point. How is what Sapo did any different that say if while Alarra, Lex, and other people were gone they'd been autolynched even though they gave warning.
    The rules clearly differ from those two cases, at least in his game. If Alarra, Lex or any other person were put in a suit, I'm pretty sure Sapo would've killed them too. That is not rude, that is just strict.

27. - Top - End - #1107

It was an unfortunate circumstance. Had he not been in a suit, he would have gotten protection from red, but here the game must go on.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see how the game would not "go on" if you hadn't killed him. Also, I mean c'mon, you already have an autolynch mechanic in the game, there was no reason to be that punishing for him happening to have life happen to him. How would you feel if someone did that to you?

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be offline until the fifth.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

I have to agree with Ramsus here. It's not "bending" the rules. It's considerate. This isn't a live game, Real Life happens.

But Ur-Quan, you are right about one thing. It is his game. He can do what he likes. And knowing that Pengiunator has lost power, most people would be considerate and not penalize one of their players for something they have no control over.

But whatever. I don't have to deal with it. Not my game.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody