New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

It's hard enough getting someone to keep this thread updated...

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I'd like to let you all know that I will be unable to post from Oct. 12 to Oct 18.
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

3. - Top - End - #1263

Beholder

Classic Werewolf: The Village of Vilcas has ended in a win for the Village!
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

4. - Top - End - #1264

Beholder

Zombie Wars has ended with victory for the Undead!

BRAAIINNSS!
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Orc in the Playground

I'm completely cut off civilization from 13th to 20th.
    And an idea for a game:
    Auction House WW
    Players have money, use it to bid on the death of others. Stealing would be possible.
    Pickpocket WW
    Completely focussed on the stealing. Two teams: Pickpockets and Town Guards. Pickpockets empty a pocket every night. Town guards arrest somebody every night, confiscate his money. Money would need to be used for something.
    Maybe tie it in with Auction House?

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

You could tie those two ideas together. Power roles would probably end up being amusing.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Barbarian in the Playground

How many games are scheduled for December? The schedule is a bit out out of date it seems.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't think anything is planned that far out/nearby, or if it is, it has not been stated in this thread.

Anyone want to co-narrate a random game with us?

By 'co-' we mean you be the front man for writing stuff, by 'with' you will have to constrain our ideas or be capable of crazier ones, and by 'random' we mean anything and everything can and may well happen in the duration of the game and perhaps beyond/before.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Don't think anything is planned that far out/nearby, or if it is, it has not been stated in this thread.

By 'co-' we mean you be the front man for writing stuff, by 'with' you will have to constrain our ideas or be capable of crazier ones, and by 'random' we mean anything and everything can and may well happen in the duration of the game and perhaps beyond/before.
    I will.
    Despite everything, its still me.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I can, if you want more options.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well those that have come forward (and those that have yet to do so) send in an insanity filled coherent story of wolves and men. characters being:
    a man
    a woman
    a child
    a doctor
    a ghost
    a house
    and something/one of your choosing

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Orc in the Playground

Sending in is done by posting in this thread, so we can all enjoy it.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Er, yes we guess that would be alright.

Anyone may write a story if they wish, just say 'not for narratorship' if you do not want to be the narrator. The best story chosen by the people of this thread (vote in olive to be different) will become canon for the story of the game. the person for narratorship will be chosen by us.

and in that light we will write a story:

Spoiler
    Show
    It is a cold night in The House of Fleck, rain beats down like the footfalls of predatory beasts. Inside a young (in form only) boy watches as the light of distant lanterns approach.

"Do you think It will let them make it here, Fleck?" The question hangs in the air with no ears around to hear it, a moment later the floorboards creek and a ceiling joist bends from a bit of presser. "Yeah, me neither. I would be fun if they do though."

In the light of the lanterns a horse drawn carriage slowly moves up the road, the woman laying in the back screams over the rain. "Father! Do you really think this was the best thing to do?"

The man up front calmly replies "It will do you and the baby good to have space to move around." Though the woman did not hear him she knew in was the same answer as the count less other times she asked.

As the two approach the door the boy giddy at the thought of playmates runs to see who they are. The woman has a large belly, the man brings in numerous black bags one has a cross on it. "They are just boring people what would It want with them?"

"Did you say something father?" the man is no where to be seen "Father?"

Several years later the child of the woman now able to walk and speak wonders the mansion. "Brother!" She checks the spots he had hid before, "Brother, I give up, where are you?" The mother walks into the room, this is one of the rare times in there past years of torment that the woman is lucid, and she does pick up on what is going on. "Lucy, what are you doing?"

"I'm playing hide and seek with Brother."

"You don't have a brother. And I forbade you from playing with the kids from town, tell those urchins to go back to their filthy homes."

"Brother lives here mommy, you know that. Oh there he is! Um, mommy why does Brother have a knife?"

Meh, not quite what we wanted it to be, but hey we aren't a writer and don't have much time so, whatever.
    Characters:
    the boy ghost
    the baby/child lucy
    the house Fleck (which didn't have much screen time admittedly)
    the Father/grandfather/doctor
    the woman/mother/daughter
    the mysterious 'It' (controlling the rain)

Edit: For anyone willing: your story can be totally different or you can make this one better in whatever way you wish, different timing, location, change of Character disposition. But if you do so the story must be longer then it is here. Or you could continue this story from any point in its future.
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-10-21 at 06:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1274

Given that there don't appear to be any games scheduled for it, I'd like to declare my intention to run a game in the Assassin's Creed 3 setting, around November/December. It would be a large game, and implement a large number of optional rules. Is there interest for this sort of thing or are people sticking to more traditional WW games these days?

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    Given that there don't appear to be any games scheduled for it, I'd like to declare my intention to run a game in the Assassin's Creed 3 setting, around November/December. It would be a large game, and implement a large number of optional rules. Is there interest for this sort of thing or are people sticking to more traditional WW games these days?
    Everything is played. Even if it's only remotely related to classic WW. Especially if it's only remotely related to classic WW.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

16. - Top - End - #1276

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    Everything is played. Even if it's only remotely related to classic WW. Especially if it's only remotely related to classic WW.
    Good to know some things haven't changed

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Er, yes we guess that would be alright.

Anyone may write a story if they wish, just say 'not for narratorship' if you do not want to be the narrator. The best story chosen by the people of this thread (vote in olive to be different) will become canon for the story of the game. the person for narratorship will be chosen by us.

and in that light we will write a story:

Spoiler
    Show
    It is a cold night in The House of Fleck, rain beats down like the footfalls of predatory beasts. Inside a young (in form only) boy watches as the light of distant lanterns approach.

"Do you think It will let them make it here, Fleck?" The question hangs in the air with no ears around to hear it, a moment later the floorboards creek and a ceiling joist bends from a bit of presser. "Yeah, me neither. I would be fun if they do though."

In the light of the lanterns a horse drawn carriage slowly moves up the road, the woman laying in the back screams over the rain. "Father! Do you really think this was the best thing to do?"

The man up front calmly replies "It will do you and the baby good to have space to move around." Though the woman did not hear him she knew in was the same answer as the count less other times she asked.

As the two approach the door the boy giddy at the thought of playmates runs to see who they are. The woman has a large belly, the man brings in numerous black bags one has a cross on it. "They are just boring people what would It want with them?"

"Did you say something father?" the man is no where to be seen "Father?"

Several years later the child of the woman now able to walk and speak wonders the mansion. "Brother!" She checks the spots he had hid before, "Brother, I give up, where are you?" The mother walks into the room, this is one of the rare times in there past years of torment that the woman is lucid, and she does pick up on what is going on. "Lucy, what are you doing?"

"I'm playing hide and seek with Brother."

"You don't have a brother. And I forbade you from playing with the kids from town, tell those urchins to go back to their filthy homes."

"Brother lives here mommy, you know that. Oh there he is! Um, mommy why does Brother have a knife?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mother sighed heavily, looking around as if she could see her daughter's friend. "I don't know, Lucy. You tell me. Maybe he was cutting carrots or something." She shook her head as she turned to leave the room, muttering, "At least, that better be all he's doing."

Brother looked at Lucy, a finger to his lips. "Darn, Lucy, why'd'ya always tell Mother everything? It would have been fun!"

Lucy drooped her head sadly. "I'm sorry, Brother. You know Mother doesn't like knives."

He grinned mischievously, "Yes, I know." With a flourish of his hand, the knife was gone. "See? It's gone."

Lucy looked incredulous. "Where did it go??"

He smiled, and shook his head. "I can't tell."

Lucy pouted, sitting down roughly. "You have to!"

He smirked, taunting. "Shan't."

Lucy glared, then patted the windowsill. "Fleck, make him tell!" The old house groaned in response, shaking a little. She crossed her arms angrily. "You're no help."

Brother grinned, and patted her shoulder. "Ah, Sister, don't be like that. Remember, we're supposed to meet It today."

Lucy's face brightened at the thought of meeting the mysterious one who had brought her here. "Really? It's today? Already?"

Brother smiled, grabbing her hand and pulling her along. "Yep! It's finally time! Let's go!"

The mother shook her head angrily. "I know she's been talking with him again, father. I just don't know what to do about it." She sliced through the carrots with ease, preparing for dinner. "I knew it was a bad idea to stay here in this old house." The house creaked, shaking slightly. "See? It's falling apart."

The father shook his head. "There is nothing we can do. We have seen that we are not able to leave. It was never as simple as that. You are aware of this."

The mother slammed the knife down, her eyes tearing up. "I know. I know. It's just... I never wanted this. Any of this."

He stood, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Now, now, dear girl. We will find a way. Just you wait. We will find our way out. We will not be here forever."

The house creaked dangerously, and a loud scream was heard from somewhere on the upper floors...

I may change it/add to it later, that's kind of a rough.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-10-24 at 03:59 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

I have a writing block that may last for the whole year, so i wont co-narrate.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Ever heard of the game Resistance?
    Well, I'mma host a solid resistance session, and I'll act as narrator, although once the game's set up, there isn't much need for narration.....
    Hmm...
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi all!

Battle Royale should be here in about 24 - 48 hours (depending on mods) and sign up is open for the nex week.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay then, given that there are almost no games going on right now...

Static….
    …Becomes hopelessly blurred, in Night Springs. The man you see before you is a champion of light. He is part of a conflict between darkness and light that is both ancient and eternal. He is chasing a dangerous quarry, the herald of darkness.
    Heh heh hehe

Presenting, Alan Wake American Nightmare Werewolf

Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emma Sloan: The mechanic of Night Springs, able to see people’s auras. Seer.

Dr. Rachel Meadows: Astronomer who works at Mount Redtooth National Observatory, a place with a great deal of light. Baner.

Townfolk: Villagers. The people who live, in Night Springs.

Wolves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Scr#/ch (Mr. Scratch): The dark doppelganger of Alan Wake, bringing misery and death in his wake. Alpha

Serena Valdivia: Touched by darkness curator of the drive-in theater and museum. Devil

Taken: The people consumed by the darkness. Wolves

So, what do you think?

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay then, given that there are almost no games going on right now...

Static….
    …Becomes hopelessly blurred, in Night Springs. The man you see before you is a champion of light. He is part of a conflict between darkness and light that is both ancient and eternal. He is chasing a dangerous quarry, the herald of darkness.
    Heh heh hehe

Presenting, Alan Wake American Nightmare Werewolf

Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emma Sloan: The mechanic of Night Springs, able to see people’s auras. Seer.

Dr. Rachel Meadows: Astronomer who works at Mount Redtooth National Observatory, a place with a great deal of light. Baner.

Townfolk: Villagers. The people who live, in Night Springs.

Wolves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Scr#/ch (Mr. Scratch): The dark doppelganger of Alan Wake, bringing misery and death in his wake. Alpha

Serena Valdivia: Touched by darkness curator of the drive-in theater and museum. Devil

Taken: The people consumed by the darkness. Wolves

So, what do you think?
    Sounds good, ThePhantom.

Now, a quick question, if I were to make Witchunt 6: Return of the WW (I'd return to using mainly the ruleset present in this game, with perhaps a minimum amount of time for the day), would there be a fair number of people interessed in playing? It'd be done completely here.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2012-11-04 at 02:50 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

23. - Top - End - #1283

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Now, a quick question, if I were to make Witchunt 6: Return of the WW (I'd return to using mainly the ruleset present in this game, with perhaps a minimum amount of time for the day), would there be a fair number of people interessed in playing? It'd be done completely here.
    ...YES!

A Classic WitchHunt would be one of the few things that would bring me back to the Playground. May not be as balanced as the original creator would like, but this is the version I know and love.

To boot, it might bring back some other players as well...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    That'll be nice...

Drifter! It's been so loooong!

Anyway, it'll be nice to finally play one. Without the whole my-computer-wouldn't-let me-play-the-one-Mannikath-set-up thing.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Now, a quick question, if I were to make Witchunt 6: Return of the WW (I'd return to using mainly the ruleset present in this game, with perhaps a minimum amount of time for the day), would there be a fair number of people interessed in playing?
    Oooh, yes. Very much yes.
    The BareFoot Programmer

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    ...YES!

A Classic WitchHunt would be one of the few things that would bring me back to the Playground. May not be as balanced as the original creator would like, but this is the version I know and love.

Welcome back drifter.
    I hope that your return will bring the Structred games section back to its former glory.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I hope that your return will bring the Structred games section back to its former glory.
    My man!

Those days are long gone and am not sure if they'll ever return.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    My man!

Those days are long gone and am not sure if they'll ever return.
    I don't know, Mordokai. There's been a lot of new interest lately. As long as we don't scare them all off, we should be fine.

But... yeah.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

There seems to be a nice response.

Very well, I'll give another read through the rules, see if there's anything I want to tweak, but I'll be posting the game thread next week.

Call your friends.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Would be interested but Careless may take up my time. Looking forward to it though!