New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

So uh... I ended up deciding to come back here, what do you know. I'll have to remember if blade's told me anything about any of the games that need replacements in them before thinking of subbing into them Actually I don't think I knew a new witch-hunt was running so colour me interested in that.

Oh, and on a side note, I'd definitely play a mass effect one if it came up. And yeah, legion for masons.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

*Waves*

Hey, Runebound! Good to see you again.

Fae II might need people, if you're up for joining it. I'm pretty sure I'm missing night actions for a few roles...

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Rune! You're alive!

I'll see what I can come up for with a Norse mythology game. Thanks, folks, for ideas.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-03 at 08:42 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

@Runeboundshade

Is Traits WW coming back from dead? Would like to finish first WW game here.

If you're interested in game, am running Careless Village (check sig). Ongoing-recruitment style game w/ 4 roles left in reserve. If want spot, can take one before they fill up and game begins winding down.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    *Waves*

Hey, Runebound! Good to see you again.

Fae II might need people, if you're up for joining it. I'm pretty sure I'm missing night actions for a few roles...
    I could join that. And hey C'nor, good to see you again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Rune! You're alive!

I'll see what I can come up for with a Norse mythology game. Thanks, folks, for ideas.
    Yeup and ready to roll. ^^

Norse mythology game could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    @Runeboundshade

Is Traits WW coming back from dead? Would like to finish first WW game here.

If you're interested in game, am running Careless Village (check sig). Ongoing-recruitment style game w/ 4 roles left in reserve. If want spot, can take one before they fill up and game begins winding down.
    Ehhhh I'm not sure about the chances for traits coming back. Where it's theoretically possible I can't really remember half the characters I was using. And to top it off I shouldn't have been running something that complex as my second game. It also had balance issues. So welp. Probably not. Really sorry to dissappoint.

And yeah problem with careless village is that I know blade's role and all his info so uh.. Yeah, where I'd really like to join that, I can't. Which makes me sad...<.<'
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RuneboundShade View Post
    And yeah problem with careless village is that I know blade's role and all his info so uh.. Yeah, where I'd really like to join that, I can't. Which makes me sad...<.<'
    Is that all? We can kill him, and then you can both get new roles!

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Pixie in the Playground

Is that all? We can kill him, and then you can both get new roles!
    XD I'm not sure that would go down entirely well for him though.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

XD I'm not sure that would go down entirely well for him though.
    Bah, he's got like, three wins. That's more than enough.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Pixie in the Playground

Bah, he's got like, three wins. That's more than enough.
    You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

I could join that. And hey C'nor, good to see you again too.
    I'll see what I can do, then.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Announcement

Sometime between January 4th to the 6th I will post a thread for Custom Werewolf III.

The basic rules are as follows:

1. In the thread, once posted, announce your intentions to play with an "I'm in.", "I'll join this.", "This sounds fun." or some other similar indicator of your intention to play.
    2. PM the narrator, that is me, a minimum of one and up to three roles that you think would be interesting.
    3. Wait for the narrator to figure out which roles would work the best, and hopefully balance the game. It's not easy, so please give me some time.
    4. And last, but not least, have fun.

I'm telling you this now, so you have a month to think about it.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-12-04 at 01:35 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that roles as in 'new ones with powers' or 'existing types of roles'?

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    And last, but not least, have fun.
    Aww, that rule is always so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Is that roles as in 'new ones with powers' or 'existing types of roles'?
    It's probably best if you look at the other Custom WW games to get an idea.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

It's probably best if you look at the other Custom WW games to get an idea.
    I hate going through the archives, though...

And would this be working anything like USB 6?

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

And to top it off I shouldn't have been running something that complex as my second game. It also had balance issues.
    Careless was my first (on site). It has balance issues too. Trying to fix for next time, though!

--------------

@C'nor Re: Custom roles

From what I can tell, anything goes. Really excited b/c like complex/interesting roles (see Careless).

There's link to last Custom game in Lex's post at end of MLP WW II? Custom role PMs are spoilered in 2nd-to-last page of that. If remember correctly.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a thought for a game, please speak up if it has be done before and/or if you would like to see it played.

Multiverse: Werewolf

The thought form that keeps universes separate is being 'simultaneously' attacked by 'an' immortal mage; who leads ravenous fae in one world, large werewolves in another, and vampire hunters in yet another.

As the 'mage' battle the thought form, the three worlds merge and their minions have free rein to cause havoc . . . though the vampire hunters only want order

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters: Players will control three characters one from each world, each character will have a separate role pertaining to the world they came from.
    Lynchings: there will be three lynchings (one for each world group) Colors for world groups will be determined at the start of the game.
    Vampire lynch votes will be cast (in thread) at night (that's just how vampires work bro).
    Seers: Seers can target any character of a player. A player can target another player character if they have another seer role.
    there will be no interference (unless someone wants to co-narrate and do that for us).
    Kills: Just as scrys can be cross world so to can kills.
    The vampire hunters kill will happen during the day starting day 2.
    Alpha: scrys as respective town

Roles will have variations for worlds but do to time constraints do not have time to write of them.

*Edit for Roles and maybe other stuff*

Roles:
    World A: Threat of Fae
    Spoiler
    Show
    The good:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Towns people: Orcs, Humans, Dwarves, the odd Troll or two. They are just normal citizens of this definitely ordinary town, that was not built on a magical grove at all, you'd have to be crazy to think that!
    The Paladin (baner): Over years of training the paladin has mastered the ability to fight many things, he is also really preachy so that keeps things away too.
    The Druids (seer/fool): Being connected to nature is a good thing and can give you many insights into wonderful knowledge, but one of them is more connected then the other, you dig?
    The Wiccans (masons): a group of 'sisters' that know each other. Free your love brother.

The Bad:
    Not really all that versed in Fae, going to need help with names of roles and the kind of funny discriptions.

World B: threat of Werewolves
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Good:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Towns people: Your run of the mill olden times people, heck one of them probably owns and runs the (wind)mill over there.
    Robber in a hood (baner): Though he does steal from people nightly everyone feels safe knowing he is around.
    The King's Jester/The Town Fool (seer/fool): Twin brothers one is a drunk that steals from the king and holds connection with almost everyone, the other is just a drunk that hates his brother.
    The king's court (masons): They all know each other much more better now that they have been planing to overthrow the king with the jester.

The Bad:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mother 'sheep' (Alpha): The craziest bi- er. . . hound you may ever set your eyes on. She is so nice when she is human, it will break your heart to have to kill her.
    Father eyes (devil): the best sniffer of the bunch, just a shame he is going blind though.
    Brother wolves: just a few mutts to round the 'herd'

World C: Threat of Hunters
    Spoiler
    Show
    The 'Good':
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt Stalkers (town): This is what has become of most humans in the first months of the open war, they are not more the ghouls looking for the next feast.
    The Old Thrall (baner): the protector of all and servant of none The Thrall is older then anyone currently 'alive' and has killed anyone that wished to do it harm. The stories of it have been like a myth but every knows they are true.
    The True Master (seer): Being the one to have sired most here they are able to tell with out a doubt who their children are and what forces other people tend toward.
    The Deranged (fool): though the deranged is just about as old as the True Master he was mad long before he was turned, now he looks for any reason to get blood.
    The Old Ones (masons): The Old Ones don't care much for the monarchy of the 'True' Master as he is only a year older then each of them, so they have shut him out of the circle a long time ago.

The 'Bad':
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drinker (Alpha): Not many humans can stomach drinking the foul blood of vampires before they stake one but those that can are able to freely walk into a den without the need of bulky equipment or having to bathe in vampire blood before missions.
    Mary medium (devil): The spirits can tell her many things, she is a bit batty at times but that can't really be helped in this day and age.
    They're brothers them: Brothers in arms at least. it is a grim job but it has to be done, right?
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-12-04 at 06:41 PM.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    @C'nor Re: Custom roles

From what I can tell, anything goes. Really excited b/c like complex/interesting roles (see Careless).

There's link to last Custom game in Lex's post at end of MLP WW II? Custom role PMs are spoilered in 2nd-to-last page of that. If remember correctly.
    You remember correctly.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey Rune. Nice to see you back.

Looking forward to Custom. I've had a role or two I was thinking about trying to implement sometime but wouldn't fit in most games so I might see if they get picked here.

Multiverse seems like an interesting concept. But unless there's more interaction between worlds, it looks like it might end up just as trying to run 3 classics in a single thread at the same time and awful trying to get decent reads having to split up people's post to see which hat they're wearing. Right now it seems like it'd be very convoluted for not much reason.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was toying with the world roles merging into one character for each player (so that once they are killed once they are out of the game), but that may make more problems in that there will only be one lynch (or two if still using night lynch) and three possible kills.

But maybe that wouldn't be too bad. Though we don't know how win conditions would work in that setup.
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-12-05 at 01:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Was toying with the world roles merging into one character for each player (so that once they are killed once they are out of the game), but that may make more problems in that there will only be one lynch (or two if still using night lynch) and three possible kills.

But maybe that wouldn't be too bad. Though we don't know how win conditions would work in that setup.
    Maybe everyone has to "purge" themselves, picking one of their three personalities and getting the others killed, and powers can only be used on other people once the ones using it have purged themselves.

And maybe they have to kill off their other-world counterparts as well as their set of wolves before they can win.

And maybe the wolf kills only affect people from their world, so the wolves have to coordinate with each other while simultaneously trying to get their counterparts lynched.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Maybe everyone has to "purge" themselves, picking one of their three personalities and getting the others killed, and powers can only be used on other people once the ones using it have purged themselves.

And maybe they have to kill off their other-world counterparts as well as their set of wolves before they can win.

And maybe the wolf kills only affect people from their world, so the wolves have to coordinate with each other while simultaneously trying to get their counterparts lynched.
    'Purging' before being able to win in one world, or cross-world power use could be interesting.

Maybe lynch votes could be cross world as well seeing as the worlds are supposed to be on the same plane of existence and all. But if one were to use a vampire vote during the day lynches there should be a downside to it, more then not being able to use it the next night that is. Not being able to use any vamp side power for a cycle or two maybe? Because instant death of that personality would be too exploitable if one wants to purge that side of them.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

&we, I can help you out with the roles and such for the 'evil' team in World A, if you like? I'm reasonably well-versed in Fae, so I can probably come up with some stuff.

(In fact, I have two or three ideas now, if you'd be interested.)

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Dwarf in the Playground

That would be lovely, C'nor. Thanks.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I'll send you the stuff, then. Any objection to my using your Fae II QT for this?

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Dwarf in the Playground

That would work. it was kind of odd thinking about were to say this, here or there.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, just a heads-up for the games I'm in, I'm going to be out of town until late Saturday, Westish-Trogland time. So please don't AL me, or lynch me without reason. Thanks!
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll need another replacement player for witchunt. Chaos_redefined disapeared after day 1 and hasn't answered back my PMs. If anyone is interessed, please contact me.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I think I'll need another replacement player for witchunt. Chaos_redefined disapeared after day 1 and hasn't answered back my PMs. If anyone is interessed, please contact me.
    I'm interested, if you're still looking. Looks like a fun game.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I'm interested, if you're still looking. Looks like a fun game.
    Thank you very much.

I'll PM you now.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going to be watching kids the next 48 hours, do not expect very many replies, or any at all really.