New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Claws of Tiamat

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Claws of Tiamat

This idea popped up in my head and it won't leave me alone, so I might as well share it with all of you.

What if there are dragons on Earth, who are manipulating the human race for whatever reasons they have? What if, by taking human forms, they take over governments, religions and crime syndicates?

And that's pretty much what I have right now. The dragons are ambitious, to say the least. There might be some humans with dragon blood, even if they look like ordinary humans. Some big dragon will be the BBEG, probably Tiamat. A knightly order of some kind will probably oppose them. (Knights of Bahamut?)

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Claws of Tiamat

Quote Originally Posted by the_david View Post
    This idea popped up in my head and it won't leave me alone, so I might as well share it with all of you.

What if there are dragons on Earth, who are manipulating the human race for whatever reasons they have? What if, by taking human forms, they take over governments, religions and crime syndicates?

And that's pretty much what I have right now. The dragons are ambitious, to say the least. There might be some humans with dragon blood, even if they look like ordinary humans. Some big dragon will be the BBEG, probably Tiamat. A knightly order of some kind will probably oppose them. (Knights of Bahamut?)
    Ahem...
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Xorvintaal

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Wasn't there a d20 modern setting like that?

Which gave us the illithid minister.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

4. - Top - End - #4

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I forgot about Xorvintaal.

The closest thing to this is the Urban Arcana setting, but that isn't quite what I have in mind. It's just dragons and humans. No other big surprises such as mindflayers and beholders.

Oooh, beholders!