New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Character Build Help (Pathfinder/DnD 3.5)

Hello again Playgrounders.

I was inspired by the Thread: 2 dip or not 2 dip (for pathfinder).

I've got multiple questions:

1) In the campaign I'm preparing, one player stated to be a Gunslinger. I like the Idea, but while reading through the rules I came to a thing where I don't understand it. It says your, for example, Pistol is loaded with Cartriges, 1 Zylinder means 6 Cartriges, 1 Cartridge means 15 gp. So a Full-Round-Attack at level 20 means you shoot (with normal, mundane bullets) 90 GP at one enemy. Please say I'm utterly wrong and explain how this is considered, because I think it's way too expensive. Even the Gun prices are hilarious.

2) Pathfinder Prestiege Classes. I seem to lack the ability at which point a prestiege class seems to be good to take/effective. If I want to make a Fighter/Caster instead of taking Eldritch Knight I would prefer the Magus. Some other things like Stalwart Defender, seriously? Where does PrC in Pathfinder come in handy?

3) DnD 3.5 PrC transmitted to Pathfinder.
    Another Player of my Group stated he liked his old Character (a Drunken Master) and thought about making one in Pathfinder. But I can't see one and now wonder if someone homebrewed one.

4) Building Melee/Range Paladin. After Considering the Paladin Archetypes of Ultimate Combat I thought about asking here cause I'm utterly confused. I want to make a worthy Paladin (of the Silver Flame) in a group of a Fighter, Wizard and Rogue/Druid (player is not sure). I just don't know if I should make a Halfling Archer (+dex and +cha would be nice) or a Human Arabic Falchion Wielding Melee. And I'm confused with the new range of feats I could use as a Paladin. I wanted to go the Crit line with a 15-20 Crit range if he comes this high.

I hope you can again help me like the last times.

Have a nice day, Krazzman
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Character Build Help (Pathfinder/DnD 3.5)

1) Bullets are expensive but the Gunslinger (or anyone with Gunsmithing feat) can create bullets for 10% of the price. Also you can create some firearms for half the price.

2) Prestige Class are not that awesome now because we have the archetypes. Some Prestige Classes are still nice but I think they fit more a concept rather than powergaming.

3) You can convert it. Merge skills, update hit dice and maybe add some goodies.

4) I can't help you here, not a big fan of criticals.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    3) DnD 3.5 PrC transmitted to Pathfinder.
    Another Player of my Group stated he liked his old Character (a Drunken Master) and thought about making one in Pathfinder. But I can't see one and now wonder if someone homebrewed one.
    There's a Drunken Master Monk Archetype and a few Feats that might help with it.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, that sounds nice.

I will look into it.

Have a nice Day, Krazzman
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman