New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Q257

Can a small creature (a gnome) ride a medium creature (a wolf).
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour is that moment when they have worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of the battle... victorius."- Vince Lombardi

"Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

A257
    Yes, though you have to train it to do so if it doesn't have an intelligence of 3 or more.

Q258
    Heirloom Weapon+Masterwork Transformation (or the upgrade to a Gunslinger/archetype with the same feature's starting gun from gunsmithing in the case of a firearm)=???

Does the weapon no longer qualify as a non-masterwork weapon, thus lose its bonus from the trait because it isn't a valid selection, or does it keep it?

Q259
    Does Heirloom Weapon on a weapon with both martial and exotic proficiency (bastard sword) result in martial proficiency or exotic proficiency (or both if it effects anything)
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-02-12 at 08:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    A257
    Yes, though you have to train it to do so if it doesn't have an intelligence of 3 or more.
    I guess my next question is...

Q260:

How do you go about training an animal?
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour is that moment when they have worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of the battle... victorius."- Vince Lombardi

"Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

A260
    Handle Animal skill

5. - Top - End - #635
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 261:

The Monk's unarmed strike:
    is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.
    Does this mean it is rules legal to cast Masterwork Transformation on a Monk's Unarmed Strike (as it is a manufactured weapon), and then enchant their unarmed strike (as it is now masterwork)?
    Last edited by gourdcaptain; 2012-02-12 at 09:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q262 What are all the books published under Pathfinder? (non-3rd party)

Q263 Which of these books *are not* on the PF SRD website currently?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 262 clarification requested

Do you want everything -- adventure paths, stand-alone adventures, campaign setting material, etc? Getting that list is just a simple matter of going to Paizo's site and looking at their product catalog. If you want the list filtered to include or exclude certain things, please clarify.

A 263

The Official Pathfinder SRD includes the Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, Game Mastery Guide, and all three Bestiaries. Everything else Paizo has ever published is not part of their official SRD; however, all the mechanics are released under the OGL, and therefore can be found on 3rd party SRD sites such as d20pfsrd.com.
    Last edited by Zherog; 2012-02-13 at 11:34 AM.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

8. - Top - End - #638

Q262 Clarification
    I didn't realize there were that many books! I suppose the ones with classes or archetypes.

Q264 Is Psionics Unleashed 3rd party then? I noticed on the PFSRD it is included but in all my research I can't find it listed as an official book.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

A 264

Yes, Psionics Unleashed is 3rd party. It's published by Dreamscarred Press.
    John Ling

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Halfling in the Playground

Q265
    Can a 4th level Magus using spellstrike and spell combat make two melee attacks and a magic attack in one turn?

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A265 He makes his normal (full) attack and any potential free attack granted by the spell (e.g. shocking grasp). He takes a -2 penalty on both attacks (or more if he decides to boost his Concentration check) and the order of the attacks is irrelevant (you can cast a spell at the beginning or the end of your full attack).

12. - Top - End - #642
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
    A265 He makes his normal (full) attack and any potential free attack granted by the spell (e.g. shocking grasp). He takes a -2 penalty on both attacks (or more if he decides to boost his Concentration check) and the order of the attacks is irrelevant (you can cast a spell at the beginning or the end of your full attack).
    So...
    Attack 1: Shocking grasp + longsword = 4d6+ 1d8+str
    Attack 2: longsword = 1d8+str

All in one turn?

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Yes, just imagine you're dual-wielding a sword and a spell, except that instead of making an extra off-hand attack, you're casting a spell, which you may or not channel through the sword.

(And you really should be wielding a weapon with a greater crit range like a scimitar or rapier.)

14. - Top - End - #644

Q266:

Can you reroll the result of a reroll? Does it matter if you use another ability to do so, or can you doing it using the same reroll-granting ability (assuming the action economy allows it)?

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

A 266 It's going to depend on the source of the rerolls. For example, the 6th level ability of the Luck domain says:

Quote Originally Posted by PFSRD
    You must take the result of the reroll, even if it's worse than the original roll.
    So if you had another source of rerolling, its text would need to very explicitly override the rules of the Luck domain. By default, though, Luck domain rerolls cannot be re-rolled. Check the wording of each individual ability to see what it has to say.
    John Ling

16. - Top - End - #646

Thanks Zherog, the character has six forms of rerolling, will read all of them carefully.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q 267a

The Power of Suggestion trait suggests that a quarterstaff and a glaive are 'of a similar size, shape, and color' and suitable for the base DC of 20. Does this mean that a Copper and a Gold Piece are close enough to use the same DC?

Q 267b
    The trait allows you to "make observers believe that an object in your possession is actually a different object entirely". Would this require a separate check for every gold piece in a transaction, or can one check be used for 'Bag of gold -> Bag of coppers?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A267 Gold and copper are actually quite different in color. Coins were also often different in shape in ages past, rectangles and ovals with various holes were quite common so that might have to be taken into account. I'd say the DC would have to be at least 25, but other than that, yes, you'd be able to convince someone you're carrying around a pouch of gold rather than copper.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Q268 Does a barbarian who gets fatigued while raging end his rage or can he continue raging and becomes exhausted afterwards?

Q269 I seem to recall there being a clause that you don't provoke attacks of opportunity when moving through a space occupied by a friendly character but I can't seem to find it now. Is there such a thing or am I remembering it wrong?
    Last edited by Keneth; 2012-02-17 at 07:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Pixie in the Playground

Q270

I'm working on building sort of a bastardized 3.5/PF character using the Jaunter class from Expedition to the Demonweb and the Dimensional Dervish feat tree from Ultimate Combat. What I am wondering is the Jaunter class' Dimension Door ability...

Dimension Door (Sp): At 3rd level and higher, you can
    use dimension door as the spell to move up to 30 feet per
    day per jaunter level you possess. You need not move the
    entire distance at once; you can move in increments of 10
    feet any number of times until the total distance has been
    traversed.

and the Dimensional Dervish feat am I able to dimension door using the dervish feat and gain a full attack after my teleport? And can I do this 12 times per day at 4th lvl if I break the hops into 10'? Does this work essentially the same way as some of the shadow pounce builds I've seen? Also, what use is the Dimensional Savant feat? Can I not get the flanking/SA bonus by just leaping behind my opponent?

21. - Top - End - #651

A270

Sounds about right for Dimensional Dervish.

Dimensional Savant allows you to threaten from all squares you have been in that round, thus allowing you to threaten(and flank) from multiple places at once. Without Dimensional Savant, you only threaten from the location you currently occupy.

Q271
    Does anybody have a source stating what happens if you grow claws from an ability(such as the Draconic bloodline or Barbarian's Beast Totem rage power) while you already have claws? I need a source for this, not just an answer.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A271 I don't think there's any wording present in the RAW for such an eventuality but I think it's established that the greater of two similar effects/abilities is used to determine what happens. So if you have claws that deal 1d4 damage and you use the sorcerer's claws ability at 7th level, the damage is increased to 1d6, otherwise there's no effect.

23. - Top - End - #653

Q 272
    Are there any Paizo PRCS aside from Living Monolith that make the PC immune to aging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by n00b killa View Post
    Q 255

Hello!

I'm having trouble with firearms!

On the firearms rules it says:
    Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms are chamber-loaded. It is a move action to load a one-handed or two-handed advanced firearm to its full capacity.

But then, on the Rapid Reload Feat Descrition, it says:
    Benefit: The time required for you to reload your chosen type of weapon is reduced to a free action (for a hand or light crossbow), a move action (for heavy crossbow or onehanded firearm), or a standard action (two-handed firearm). Reloading a crossbow or firearm still provokes attacks of opportunity.

Emphasis mine.

So... What action is needed to reload a two-handed firearm WITH Rapid Reload?

I'm making an NPC gunslinger who is going to use a Rifle and I wanted to know how often is this guy ging to be able to fire.

If I am reading this correctly (and assume the text on Rapid Reload is for Early Firearms only), with Rapid Reload he will be able to make full attacks with it. So, with BAB 6 and rapid reload he can make +6/+6/+1 attacks. Am I right?

Thanks!
    Advanced firearms all use 'alchemical loads' (albeit simply metal cases), which improve the reload action type by one step.
    Current Character: Pathfinder Tiefling Sorcerer (Abyssal Sorcerer 5, Souleater 1)
    Previous Favorite Characters:
    D&D1e: Elven Mage 15/Thief ??
    D&D2e: Saurian Necromancer 12
    D&D3e: Warforged Juggernaut 5/ Artificer 5/ Acolyte of the Skin 4
    D&D4e: Drow Swarm(?) Druid 3
    OWoD: Daughter of Cacophony
    NWoD: Galatea Promethean
    DH: Hiveborn Assassin 3
    Rifts: Nanobot Swarm / Airborne Computer Virus

25. - Top - End - #655

Q 273

Is there any way for a sorcerer to get the Bloodline Arcana for another bloodline? I'd specifically like the Sage or Empyreal Bloodline Arcana to switch my casting stat, but I don't really like the rest of their powers. The Eldritch Heritage feats were as close as I could get, but those only give bloodline powers. I know about the Cross-Blooded Archetype, but I'm hoping for a way without all the penalties, preferably a feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronikoce View Post
    If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to hold it for me you wouldn't say they were wielding the candlestick. If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to club an intruder to death you would say they were wielding the candlestick. The act of using the held item for a purpose such as intruder clubbing changes the word that ought to be used.

26. - Top - End - #656

Q 274:

Is there a reason why a Luring Cavalier's Order ability would not activate when they issue a Far Challenge? I would think it would act normally, except Far Challenge explicitly calls out the Order ability activating after the Cavalier is hit by a melee attack(but never states it doesn't activate before).

27. - Top - End - #657
    Orc in the Playground

A 274:

Far Challenge and the normal Challenge are two different abilities and thus the Luring Cavalier doesn't get his Orders Challenge Bonus while using Far Challenge until it changes into a normal Challenge.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

Q 275

If a Eidolon uses it's Swallow whole ability to swallow a monster, does it need to use a std action to maintain the grapple on the monster in it's belly, or does it still have the normal amount of actions?
    Last edited by soulsabre345; 2012-02-25 at 10:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A275 No, being swallowed whole is a different state. The monster loses the grappled condition, while the swallowed creature is grappled automatically as long it remains swallowed. If the swallowed creature succeeds on a grapple check, it ends up back in the creature's mouth where both parties become grappled again.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Q276: in the core rule book it dosen't metion anything about size having an effect on grappling, yet several class features and feats mention "count as a creature one size larger for grappling' or 'you can now pin a creature two size categories bigger than you.'. Where are the rules for what sizes you can and cannot grapple at any given height?
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"