New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

A208 This is the only relevant part:

[...] and she can use it as a secondary natural attack [...]
    Any unarmed/natural attack can be used to deliver a touch attack, so yes, you can do that.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Q209

Leading out of Q208, would said touch attack use the full BAB (as a normal touch attack would) or BAB -5 (as a secondary natural attack would).

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A209 I guess it depends on how it's used. If you make the touch attack as part of casting a spell (the freebie), then it's at full BAB.

I have no idea how touch attacks mesh with the full attack action however. If we assume that the touch effect is manifested on one specific natural weapon (i.e. the hair), then you can make a secondary attack as a touch attack normally at -5 penalty as part of the full attack action.

The rules are somewhat vague about that however. Say you cast a spell like Frostbite which has multiple charges, can you discharge it on each of your natural attacks? Nothing says you can't. But then nothing says you can either.

There's also this:
    If you touch anything or anyone while holding a charge, even unintentionally, the spell discharges.
    Does this mean touch with that particular hand/extremity or is it any touch? Does it discharge if a cleric tries to cast a cure spell on you?

And then a few sentences lower:
    Alternatively, you may make a normal unarmed attack (or an attack with a natural weapon) while holding a charge.
    So how exactly does this work if it always discharges even accidentally?

In any case, I think it's best to assume that you can elect when to discharge the touch attack, so if you're gonna make a touch attack with the hair as part of a full attack, make a secondary attack as normal.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Q210

Can a monk's flurry of blows be used on shurikens for multiple ranged attacks? And if so, can a Ki Focus group of shurikens Wushu Dart allow the monk to stunning fist a dude from a range?
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-01-19 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Q211 How much weight can a flying creature carry around? Say a hawk grabs something off the ground, how heavy can it be while still allowing the hawk to fly (albeit more slowly due to encumbrance)?

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Q212: A level 8 or higher monk with the Tetori archetype is engaged in a grapple. Being a tetori, she is able to make attacks of opportunity while grappling and has the grab ability. Another enemy passes through her threatened area, and the tetori makes her AoO and grabs that enemy. Is she now grappling both enemies? She has grappled both of them without using the "single limb" option of Grab; does she now have to begin doing so, or can she continue to grapple both of them as normal? If she has Combat Reflexes, can she drag in more enemies?
    Last edited by Benly; 2012-01-19 at 07:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

A211: Apparently, a flying creature can fly as long as the load does not exceed the maximum carrying capacity.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

8. - Top - End - #548
    Orc in the Playground

A210

You're able to make multiple ranged attacks with shurikens using flurry of blows.

"a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes or attacks with a special monk weapons"

Since shurikens are special monk weapons its a go. Plus flurry of blows is at its core the Two Weapon Fighting feat chain I don't see why not.

As an example, when people build a Ninja focused on sneak attacking with shurikens they tend use two weapon fighting in order to get those extra attacks. Thus if thats legal I don't see why it would be a problem for a monk to do the same with flurry of blows.

Regarding the Ki Focus + Wushu Dart. No idea.
    Last edited by Murillio; 2012-01-20 at 01:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    A211: Apparently, a flying creature can fly as long as the load does not exceed the maximum carrying capacity.
    A211 Addendum: This is only true if it is not a mount.
    As soon as a creature is considered a mount it can't fly with a medium or heavy load.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by mikau013 View Post
    A211 Addendum: This is only true if it is not a mount.
    As soon as a creature is considered a mount it can't fly with a medium or heavy load.
    Well that's just silly, how does that make any sense? And how exactly does one differentiate between mounts and normal creatures anyway?

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Q213

Looking at building a spellslinger, and I ran into a number of ambiguities. Does a Spellslinger use ammunition when casting through their gun? If not, does the spell use the gun's range or the spell's normal range (for non-cone spells, obviously)? Additionally, does a spell fired through the gun use the weapon's critical range (not multiplier, which is explicitly set separately)?

12. - Top - End - #552
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Keneth: I would guess the logic is you can't carry a rider and also a load at the same time?

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A213 A spellslinger can fire either a bullet or a spell but not both at the same time. The range of the gun also has no effect on the range of the spell fired through it, only the crit multiplier is affected if a single firearm is chosen.

This really should have been a magus archetype if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHumor View Post
    Keneth: I would guess the logic is you can't carry a rider and also a load at the same time?
    I'm not seeing any logic here unless a creature only counts as a mount when there's an actual rider on its back. If that's the case then it kinda makes sense, although just barely.

14. - Top - End - #554

Daemon

Q214:

Other than increasing your Dexterity, is there any way to increase the number of attacks of opportunity you can make per round beyond what Combat Reflexes grants?

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benly View Post
    Q214:

Other than increasing your Dexterity, is there any way to increase the number of attacks of opportunity you can make per round beyond what Combat Reflexes grants?
    A214

I think there are a few specific ways. The only one I remember is the classfeature of a Kensai, though.
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-01-21 at 03:20 PM.

Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

A214 I think there are a few specific ways. The only one I remember is the classfeature of a Kensai, though.
    Also puma style, although that's more "cross-counters of opportunity."

Q215: If you have a piece of ammunition that was, say, 1+ shocking and flaming burst, and a bow that was 3+ seeking, thundering, acid burst, would all the bonuses stack?

I know the straight enhancement bonuses wouldn’t (It would only be 3+,) but what about the properties?
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2012-01-22 at 02:06 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

17. - Top - End - #557
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Q216

Does the Pathfinder Beginner Box address two-weapon fighting? I can't seem to find the rules anywhere, and I'd like to know for sure before I port in the rules from the full game.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

A215

Yes. RAW says a launcher can impart certain specifically delineated special abilities on its ammunition, but makes no mention of displacing the ammunition's own special abilities (aside from the specific example of enhancement bonus, which doesn't stack).

However, it's not clear by RAW what happens if that stacking results in a total enhancement bonus over +10 (which is expressly prohibited).

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A215+ The total bonus of the projectile isn't really increased when a weapon imparts its abilities onto it; this is merely a temporary bonus and is not restricted to the +10 limit.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 217 Are there still no psionics in PF? I could have sworn I saw a post recently cite to an Ultiimate Psionics book, but I don't find any psi in the PFSRD or any such book in the Paizo online catalog.

21. - Top - End - #561

A 217

Here. It's third party, but it's pretty good. I've only used the Soulknife, but it was certainly a vast improvement over it's 3.5 counterpart.
    Last edited by Drelua; 2012-01-22 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronikoce View Post
    If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to hold it for me you wouldn't say they were wielding the candlestick. If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to club an intruder to death you would say they were wielding the candlestick. The act of using the held item for a purpose such as intruder clubbing changes the word that ought to be used.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

A217

Rules for psionics in Pathfinder are available through 3rd party publisher Dreamscarred Press. They can be found in the PFSRD near the bottom right of the homepage. They enjoy a high reputation, so don't be frightened off by their 3rd party status.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

A217+

In addition, James Jacobs of Paizo said they would likely never do an official system for psionics. If it ever comes up, it will probably be in the form of an archetype.

Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

24. - Top - End - #564
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Q218:

Another flight-related question:

What do the rules say about carrying another creature while flying? And i'm not talking about on the back, but by claws or a beak or something similar.
    Are the rules the same as for inanimate objects, or are grapple checks involved? And is there a difference for voluntary and involuntary creatures?
    Last edited by Haron; 2012-01-23 at 03:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A218 This was actually my question as well but I couldn't find any explicit rules on the matter. The Fly spell and Flight psionic power both limit the weight to the maximum load plus any armor worn but it's not exactly the same as "natural" flight, I suppose. Falling back on the rules for carrying capacity, I would say a creature can move at its base speed reduced by the load with up to its maximum capacity (as was said above).

Carrying an unwilling creature would involve a grapple check every round and, if successful, allow you to move up to half your speed as per grapple rules. Carrying willing creatures or inanimate objects doesn't require any checks as far as I know (except for fly checks penalized by the load).

I actually haven't been able to find the rule that limits a (flying) mount to a light load. Perhaps it only applies to mounted combat.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Dwarf in the Playground

smile Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Thank you for all of the helpful answers on Q217. This place rocks.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Q219:

I remember reading a spell somewhere that causes a gaping pit to open up to the elemental planes but I can't remember what it's called. I feel like it was called 'hellmouth' or something similar. Does this sound familiar to anyone? It might have been 3.5 but I'm not sure.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A 219:
    Not sure if this is the one you're looking for but something like:
    Reality Maelstrom from Manual of the planes (3.0)?

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Except Manual of the Planes isn't a Pathfinder source...
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well poster said it could be 3.5 as well and this spell sprang to mind.

But what about this item then?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/...an-melancholic

If not, could you perhaps give slightly more information? Source, lvl, spell type etc?