New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Q277 Do you add deadly aim to any damage dealt with a ranged attack? More precisely, if a spell requires a ranged touch attack, can you use deadly aim?

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

A277
    No:
    The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

A276
    While grapple seems to lack the rule for size restrictions most combat maneuvers have, the grap special ability, whom most feats and features about size apply to, can only be used against targets of a size equal to or smaller than the creature with this ability.
    Also there is the size bonus to CMB and CMD.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Finkmilkana View Post
    A277
    No:
    The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.
    Although Deadly Aim does apply to firearms due to a specific exemption, even if they are making touch attacks. Yes, that's a bit odd.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Q278a)
    Can you use Spell like abilities while wildshaped?

Q278b)
    If not can you do it once you gain Natural Spell?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

@277 Sorry about that, I completely skipped the whole second part of the feat. I just stopped after reading the first sentence. Thanks for pointing it out, I kinda feel like an idiot.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A278: Yes you can.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Q279 In the description of the Synthesist it says:
    Quote Originally Posted by d20pfsrd.com
    The synthesist uses the eidolon’s base attack bonus [...]
    Which is fine if your BAB is lower but does it get decreased if it's higher?

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Q280

Do psicrystals gain feats as they (their master?) advance in hit die? Or do they only gain the abilities listed on the chart?

I am credible! Proof below!

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    I came up with a line of reasoning and resulting numbers and they turned out to be the same as JoeYounger's.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q281

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Dervish Bard Archetype guide or handbook?
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

A 280

Psicrystals don't exist in RAW Pathfinder. They may appear in a 3rd party product, such as the well-received psionics material from (I believe) Dreamscarred Press. As such, this question isn't an appropriate topic for this thread.

(And if, by chance, you accidentally posted in the Pathfinder Q&A instead of the 3.5 Q&A, you can find the 3.5 thread >>here<<
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q282

Can a Witch's familiar learn spells from scrolls of non-Witch spells?

13. - Top - End - #673
    Orc in the Playground

A279

The FAQ Rules:
    When fused, use the eidolon's BAB instead of the summoner's class BAB, and add in BAB from other sources as normal.

So if the higher BAB comes from a different class (i wouldn't know where else it should come from) it just stacks.

A282

No:
    A witch’s familiar only stores witch spells.
    Last edited by Finkmilkana; 2012-02-29 at 01:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Q283 Can a Paladin/Ranger/Antipaladin take the Magical Knack trait for (effective) CL-1 caster level instead of CL-3?
    Q284 Does Feather Step allow charging is difficult terrain?
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-03-02 at 05:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A282: The spell has to be a spell on the witch class list, and it has to be arcane.

A283:Yes

A284:Yes

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Q285 The 8th level ability of the Wolf domain (Pack Tactics) says:
    Quote Originally Posted by d20pfsrd.com
    If you are flanking a creature without using this ability, you may add your Wisdom bonus to your attack roll rather than the normal +2 flanking bonus.
    Does this count as an alternative use of the ability (using one of the charges) or does it always apply just as long as you're not using the ability to flank from an adjacent space?

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Q286: Does Eldritch Smith work for magic items?
    Q287: If yes, how does it stack with Hedge Magician? (Overlap, -5% off the reduced cost, -10%?)

18. - Top - End - #678
    Barbarian in the Playground

A286 & A287: They do not stack, because you can not have both traits.

There are a few rules governing trait selection. To begin with, your GM controls how many bonus traits a PC begins with; the default assumption is two traits. When selecting traits, you may not select more than one from the same list of traits (the four basic traits each count as a separate list for this purpose). Certain types of traits may have additional requirements, as detailed in the section above.
    Both Hedge Magician and Eldritch Smith are Magic Traits; one simply also requires you to be a dwarf.

Even if you could have both, trait bonuses generally do not stack; you can not get +2 Initiative from Reactionary(A Combat trait) and another +2 from Old Warrior(A Racial trait), for example.

19. - Top - End - #679

Q288: What are two appropriate dump stats for a melee Bard? Wisdom and Int?
    Last edited by Silus; 2012-03-04 at 01:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    Q288: What are two appropriate dump stats for a melee Bard? Wisdom and Int?
    A288 I don't know if this is a RAW Question but I would say that this depends on what bard you are playing. It Can be Dexterity, Strength, Wisdom, Intelligence, Constitution.

Example: Lich Bards wouldn't need Constitution.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

21. - Top - End - #681

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    A288 I don't know if this is a RAW Question but I would say that this depends on what bard you are playing. It Can be Dexterity, Strength, Wisdom, Intelligence, Constitution.

Example: Lich Bards wouldn't need Constitution.
    The 'ol Dervish Dancer =P

Q289

Playing a Pathfinder Society game and it says Tier 1-2 & 4-5 (Mists of Mwangi). I can't seem to find info on what the Tiers are and was wondering if they correspond to the class tiers or something else.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Barbarian in the Playground

A289:

Pathfinder Society tiers are a strict reference to level. To increase the number of potential players, many adventures have multiple level tiers, each with a different set of challenges for the players.

Using your example, Mists of Mwangi would have two sets of challenges: One for a party with an average level of 1-2, and one set for a party with an average level of 4-5. If a group averages out at level 3, they can either play up(taking the 4-5 challenges) or play down(taking the 1-2 challenges), earning the appropriate rewards depending on which they played.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q290

If I'm a Magus and I have a Black Blade and the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat, can I modify my Blade as if it were a normal magical weapon?

Q290a

If the above is yes, are there any differences in price to do so?

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A290 There's nothing that says that you can't. Of course generally there's no good reason for you to do so since the blade's inherent bonus + the magi's ability to enhance the weapon with their arcane pool should put you far ahead of everyone else. The price for upgrading the weapon is also standard, so if you're gonna add abilities, it might be prudent if you were to do so before its enhancement bonus gets too high.

Q291 If you use alter self to change your form to a different race, do you have to make a Disguise check to actually appear as a member of that race or is it automatic?

Q292 If you polymorph into a different creature, does a ranger with your creature type as their favored enemy still get a bonus against you?

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ettin in the Playground

A291 Polymorph magic in general provides you a +20 Disguise check to appear as whatever you're attempting to be, which you make when you take its form. So, in a way, it's automatic but the Disguise check only matters if others are suspicious that you aren't what you seem to be. Or if you fail the Disguise check that bad that you look malformed.

A292 Polymorph magic doesn't change your type, so a Ranger would still get to apply Favored Enemy bonuses to you if he has the appropriate one. They're trained to know how your type moves and acts, so they're better equipped to pick up on tricks if you act suspiciously.

Q293 What's the range increment of a lasso (APG)?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Q291+ It's just that for most polymorph spells you don't have to roll a Disguise check to appear authentic (or rather you can't as part of a spell) since you always look like an average specimen of that race. And Disguise is only superficial appearance so you don't have to make the check for behaviour (that would be Bluff or something). So where exactly does the Disguise check come into effect? Is there always a discernible flaw in the form when polymorphing so that a creature with a high Perception check can pick up on it? As far as I can tell, the only reason one would ever roll a Disguise check when polymorphed, is when trying to impersonate a specific member of that species (or changing some other aspect that the polymorph spells can't).

Q294 I've been wondering about this for a while. Polymorph rules say that you get a +10 bonus on Disguise skill checks, but the sidebar on d20pfsrd.com next to the description of Polymorph (spell) says that you get a +20 bonus to the skill check. What am I missing?

A293 Since there's no range listed, I'm guessing it has no range and no range increment, though it does seem kinda odd.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ettin in the Playground

A291+ As I said, the Disguise part only matters if you act of character for what you are that people get suspicious and look at you more carefully. You look average for what you're attempting but Disguise isn't just looks, it's being able to act as what you're emulating.

Q293+ The line about it acting like a net makes me think it's supposed to have the net's 10' increment as well, I'm just not sure. I was just wondering if someone had come across some unofficial fix on that front, but it appears not.

A294 Disguise's text is just giving the general case for magically assisting your disguise. It also says to check individual spell descriptions and descriptors, which the polymorph subschool is and takes precedence of, meaning you get +20 instead. That's my supposition, though poor editing between effects and skills has reared its head before (Fixing objects in the Craft skill and fixing in the text of the Broken condition) and I'm not really surprised its raised once again.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Q295: Are the CL for crafting and identifying lesser, normal, and greater metamagic rods the same? Their prices and abilities are different, but I can't find a CL difference noted anywhere.

29. - Top - End - #689

Q296: Can the spell Permanency be used on Reloading Hands to make an auto-reloading firearm? And if so, how would one calculate the cost?
    Last edited by Silus; 2012-03-07 at 12:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Q296: A whip is a one-handed weapon, with reach. Does that mean I can make magus spellstrike attacks with reach I If channel them through it?

Q297: The phalanx fighter archetype lets you wield spears in one hand, while the skrininr archetype lets you use spell-combat while holding a shield. Can I make a spellstrike though that spear, with reach?

Q299: Can I make reach attack through an ally's square to get the guy standing on the other side of him?

Q299: Finally: If I have the aberrant bloodline's "long limbs' feature, through sorcerer levels or eldritch bloodline, does that mean I can spellstrike with the additional reach given for touch attacks?
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"