New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Q291+ Disguise actually makes no mention about behaviour. In fact, it consistently applies only to appearance. Of course suspicious behaviour is what prompts a Perception check on the part of observers but behaviour is the domain of social skills (bluff, diplomacy, intimidate) and maybe Perform. If you polymorph from a halfling into a half-orc, a successful Perception or Sense Motive skill check might reveal that you're acting strangely but I don't think anyone can make a Perception check to determine that you're not, in fact, a half-orc, since you look like one. But this is getting somewhat long-winded, let's just leave it at that.

A295 Yes, the CL of all metamagic rods is 17. This does not affect crafting since CL is not part of the crafting requirements but it does make it somewhat hard to identify the rods (though it shouldn't be much of an issue with Identify spell).

A296 No, permanency can only make the spells mentioned in its description permanent. There is no way to calculate the price for any other spells since that functionality is not covered. You can ask the GM to adjudicate a special case, but that's outside the RAW.

A297 Yes, the magus can spellstrike with a whip but honestly, it's not worth the investment.

A298 The magus can spellstrike through any melee weapon, reach and handedness is irrelevant.

A299 Yes, you can make a reach attack through an occupied space but the target has soft cover (+4 to AC).

A300 No, you can make touch attacks with that reach, it says nothing about normal attacks which are required to spellstrike,
    Last edited by Keneth; 2012-03-08 at 10:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Q300 Does a Summoner wearing a mithril breastplate incur an arcane spell failure penality?
    Or does medium mithril armour, which counts as light, mean that a summoner can wear it and not have any arcane spell failure?

Cheers,
    Haggis the Dwarf
    Last edited by Haggis Dwarf; 2012-03-08 at 04:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A301 (sorry, I screwed up the number in my previous post) No, you do not incur arcane spell failure chance when wearing a mithral breastplate but you do get the -3 penalty to attacks and skill checks if you're not proficient with medium armor.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Q305

Does a Druid that wears a Dragonhide Breastplate with Metal rivets or buckles loose his Spellcasting and Su/Sn abilities tied to his Class?

Q306

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    A druid who wears prohibited armor or uses a prohibited shield is unable to cast druid spells or use any of her supernatural or spell-like class abilities while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter.
    Taking from this, will a Druid not loose his abilities if he is taken into custodity and shackled? Or get's "Metaljacket'ed" or whatever....?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

5. - Top - End - #695
    Orc in the Playground

A 305. No. But I will point out some dragons might be upset you are wearing Uncle Fred.

A 306: again, no, since it wasn’t willingly.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

I encountered some gray areas in the rules(surprice), So I wonder:
    Q307.
    If you have some kind ability (a) that applies when you cast a spell.
    i.e. Arcane thesis. Dragoconic Prophesy etc.

Scrolls are described like " You cast a spell from a scroll". Do the (a)-type abilities apply when casting a spell from a scroll?Explain...

Q308.

Can you apply metamagic from a rod on a spell casted from a scroll?
    Last edited by Raendyn; 2012-03-08 at 05:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Dwarf in the Playground

From the FAQ:
    A307: No. Unless they specifically state otherwise, feats and abilities that modify spells you cast only affect actual spellcasting, not using magic items that emulate spellcasting or work like spellcasting.

[Edit]
    For the purposes of Q308, I wouldn't be surprised if the ruling also applied to metamagic rods, but I haven't found anything on that yet.
    Last edited by Baka Nikujaga; 2012-03-10 at 05:59 PM.
    I should add something more productive here...

8. - Top - End - #698
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q309

Is there any way that a Bard can use 2 performances simultaneously?

Q310

Aside from being a Zen Archer, are there any ways to have a threatened area, and subsequently making an Attack of Opportunity, while using a bow?
    Last edited by Sniper; 2012-03-11 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added Q310

9. - Top - End - #699
    Barbarian in the Playground

A310:
    There's the Snap Shot feat. I don't know of any other ways.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground

Q311
    Can an "alternate class" take Archetypes of its "normal" form it qualifies for, such as a Ninja Scout?

11. - Top - End - #701

A311:

Yes. Alternate Classes are essentially a 'super-archetype', but like other archetypes, they can be combined if they don't trade out the same ability. This holds true for PFS as well, in case somebody was wondering.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Q312: Does Sash of the War Champion work for someone with no levels in Fighter?
    Q313: What if someone has levels in a Fighter archetype that removes Armor Training?

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 314

Can you take multiple class archetypes which allow you to optionally replace class features? More specifically, both the Mindchemist and Vivisectionist class archetypes allow you to take certain bonus feats as extra options for Discoveries. They have no other overlaps, and these are extra options rather than changing or removing the Discovery class features. Could one have both of them on the same Alchemist?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Q315

If you have readied an action, can you take immediate actions or make attacks of opportunity without "unreadying" that action? For example, can you ready an attack, then (not on your turn) take an immediate action, and still have your attack readied?

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A312 Yes, if your normal fighter level is 0 then it counts as 4 when wearing the sash.

A313 I would guess that a fighter archetype without those features gains no benefit from the sash. I suppose a GM could probably be convinced that your fighter level should either be considered as 0 for this purpose or that it advances the abilities that replaced armor training and bravery, but this is outside the scope of RAW.

A314 Yes, if the features are optional, then you can combine the archetypes as long as you do not replace or alter the same feature twice at any given level.

A315 Yes, your readied action is only triggered at the specified condition. Do note however that if you prepared a swift action and used an immediate action before the trigger, you can no longer make that action when the actual trigger occurs because you've used it up.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Q316

When attacking with a Martial Weapon, do you add your Str modifier to your dmg dealt?

Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I'm playing a melee character for the first time in a decade.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour is that moment when they have worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of the battle... victorius."- Vince Lombardi

"Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)

17. - Top - End - #707

Quote Originally Posted by Roto View Post
    Q316

When attacking with a Martial Weapon, do you add your Str modifier to your dmg dealt?

Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I'm playing a melee character for the first time in a decade.
    A 316
    Only if it is a melee weapon. All melee weapons add STR to damage unless some feat or other ability says otherwise.
    (Sig by Elrond, Avatar by Recaiden)
    Check out my custom feat: Double Shield Wielder
    This actually happened in a game:
    Spoiler
    Show

DM:"The pope hits you with his rod of persuasion. Make a save."
    PLAYER: "Against what?"
    DM: "Catholicism!"

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A316+ That's not completely accurate. You add your Strength modifier to damage rolls when attacking with a one-handed melee weapon, one half of your Strength modifier when attacking with an off-hand melee weapon, and 1.5 of your Strength modifier when attacking with a two-handed melee weapon. You also add your Strength modifier on damage rolls for thrown weapons, slings, and composite longbows (up to its maximum bonus). And finally, natural melee weapons follow their own rules for applying Strength modifiers.

You can read more here and here.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Q317

Does Reach stack? For example, if you use the weapon Bardiche, it has reach, but if a creature naturally has reach, does it stack with Bardiche's reach?
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour is that moment when they have worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of the battle... victorius."- Vince Lombardi

"Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A317 Yes, but if the weapon can only attack at 10-feet, you can only shorten your reach as much as your natural reach allows.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A317 Addition

Keep in mind that reach works a bit different in pathfinder than in 3.5.
    Your reach would be:
    Normal would be 5 feet.
    Normal + reach weapon would be no attack at 5 feet but reach at 10 feet.
    Large would be 5 & 10 feet.
    Large + reach weapon would be no attack at 5 & 10 but reach at 15 & 20.

If calculating in squares (most games tend to) keep the rule in mind that the second diagonal counts double. Thus pf reach would be:
    5ft -> all around you.
    5+ 10 ft -> all around you + squares next to those which are in a straight (non diagonal line) from you, no reach on the diagonals 2 squares away.
    etc.
    Last edited by mikau013; 2012-03-16 at 08:20 PM.

22. - Top - End - #712

Q318: When a Synthesist Summoner fuses with her Eidolon and she uses it's CON score, does this raise/lower her own hitpoints?

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A317+ Since we're on the topic, if you have natural attacks (like claws), you would threaten up to your natural reach with natural attacks (inner ring) and up to double your natural reach with the manufactured weapon (outer ring).

A318 Yes, just be mindful of the sudden drops that can happen in battle (such as if the eidolon is banished).

24. - Top - End - #714
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q319: When someone attempts a Combat Maneuver against your mount, can you use the Mounted Combat feat and make a Ride check in order to negate the maneuver, like you can with a regular attack?

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A319 Theoretically, yes. A combat maneuver check is an attack, the only question is what constitutes "a hit". If a successful combat maneuver check can be considered a hit, then it can be negated.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

Q320:

If you have no weapon avaible and don't have the feat Improved Unarmed Strike but Improved [Maneuver], does the use of [Maneuver] lead to an AoO?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

27. - Top - End - #717
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Sticky Poison

Prerequisite: Alchemist 6

Benefit: Any poison the alchemist creates is sticky—when the alchemist applies it to a weapon, the weapon remains poisoned for a number of strikes equal to the alchemist’s Intelligence modifier.
    Q321: Does Sticky Poison still function if the Alchemist creates a poison then gives it to another character who conducts the actual application?

28. - Top - End - #718
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

A320: If you have a feat that says that the use of a given combat maneuver does not prompt an attack of opportunity, using that maneuver does not prompt an attack of opportunity regardless of whether or not you have Improved Unarmed Strike. Using a combat maneuver does not count as an unarmed attack, at least in the sense that Improved Unarmed Strike uses the term.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A321 RAW says no, but you can probably convince a GM that the actual application isn't that important.

30. - Top - End - #720

Q322: Is there any way to allow Monks to use Flurry of Blows with normal weapons(as opposed to Monk weapons)?

Q323: Alternatively, is there a way other than Ranger 2 to pick up TWF as a bonus feat without needing the 15 Dex prerequisite?