New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Q324

Do multiple free intimidates stack?

For example, does a character with Cornugon Smash and Enforcer using power attack when dealing non-lethal damage get two intimidate chances (I know they don't stack)?
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-03-18 at 02:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

A322: A Monk of the Empty Hand can use any weapon as an improvised weapon and may then flurry with those improvised weapons.
    A Zen Archer can flurry with the bow, which is not a monk weapon normally.
    Probably closest to what you're looking for is the Sohei, which, starting at 6th level, chooses a weapon group from bows, crossbows, spears, monk weapons, polearms, and thrown weapons and gains the weapon training class feature and the ability to flurry with those weapons.
    Since the weapon training feature of the sohei states that the sohei may flurry with any weapon with which he has weapon training, a Fighter 5/Sohei 6 could also use Flurry of Blows with whatever weapon group he had selected for his fighter weapon training.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Additional A322: Ki Focus weapon property (+1, core) MIGHT ("as if they were unarmed attack" and "including" not "only"). The problem is "special ki attacks" has aboslutely no definition beyond including (but explicitly not limited to) Ki Strike, quivering palm, and the Stunning Fist.
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-03-19 at 12:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #724

Q325

Is there a way for a Bard to take a Familiar without cross-classing into something?

Q326
    By RAW, can you use Mage Hand to manipulate a weapon at a range for distanced melee attacks (Like using a longsword against an opponent 10ft away)?
    Last edited by Silus; 2012-03-19 at 02:46 PM.
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

A325: Take the Eldritch Heritage feat and grab the Arcane Bloodline.

A326: No.

---

Q327: Can a Summoner's Eidolon take the Reach evolution on a manufactured weapon attack? It doesn't specify Natural like most evolutions do, but doesn't expressly allow manufactured weapons either.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A327 I would say that it doesn't qualify as "one of its attacks" but it would stand to reason that if you can attack at reach with your claw, you can also attack at reach with a weapon held in that claw.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Q328: Are there any rules for using oversized weapons?

8. - Top - End - #728
    Barbarian in the Playground

A328:

Quote Originally Posted by Core Rulebook
    Inappropriately Sized Weapons: A creature can't make optimum use of a weapon that isn't properly sized for it. A cumulative –2 penalty applies on attack rolls for each size category of difference between the size of its intended wielder and the size of its actual wielder. If the creature isn't proficient with the weapon, a –4 nonproficiency penalty also applies.
    Weapon damage also increases/decreases by one step for each size difference(So 1d6 becomes 1d8 if Large, or 1d4 if Small).

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A328+ You forgot this part:
    The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed.
    This means that a small-sized character, can wield a medium-sized longsword with two hands and a -2 penalty.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
    A328+ You forgot this part:

This means that a small-sized character, can wield a medium-sized longsword with two hands and a -2 penalty.
    Then I guess this question brings up
    Q328B: How are two-handed oversized weapons handled? I ask because I allowed a player to pick up a Large falchion after beating a Dherri but forgot to account for the size difference. Would it be a -2 penalty (one size category too large) or a -4 penalty (one size category + one higher than two-handed puts it in the next size category)?

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A328B This is also answered in the same section:
    If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.
    So a medium-sized character can't wield a large falchion at all unless they somehow increase their own size (such as via enlarge person) or with an ability like powerful build, though I don't think there are any such abilities outside third party material.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Q329
    Is there a feat that allows one to reload a weapon without taking attacks of opportunity?
    If so, what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

On the topic of overrun.
    Assuming a Barbarian of a high enough level took Overbearing Onslaught and tries to overrun 2 Enemies. Assuming a Red Mage of Thay and his Thayan Knight. In order to smack the Red Mage up she says she wants to charge him with an Overrun maneuver.

Q330
    If she charges the Mage does she get an Maneuver check against him to make him prone? Which would resolve in her getting: 1 AoO against him for getting knocked down, 1 Attack from the Charge and the Bonus Damage from Overrunning? Or can she only overrun the Knight and smack the mage?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A329 For firearms, no. For crossbows, there's Crossbow Mastery. I don't know of any others.

A330 I don't know if there's any class abilities involved here and it's not relevant since Thay it's not PF RAW. I'm assuming that the knight is lined up in front of the mage and you have Greater Overrun. Firstly, you can't charge a creature if something is in the way, so you can charge the knight, not the mage. Secondly, Overrun is a standard action, so if you chose to overrun a creature, you don't get to attack it as part of a charge as well (i.e. the combat maneuver is the attack you are making on a charge). Assuming you overrun the knight and your roll is high enough, you can also overrun the mage as part of the charge and, with Greater Overrun, they both provoke an AoO. So you can overrun both by charging at the knight, deal damage to both from Overbearing Advance, and then make an attack of opportunity on one of them (probably the mage), or both if you also have Combat Reflexes.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q331
    How does wild shape work, when you change shape do you take on all the stats of the creature?
    Q332
    If 331 is yes can you only shape change into creatures of your hit die or lower that are within the size restrictions?
    WENE(Worst Evil Necromancer Ever)
    Yeah this skull is perfect, but i think it came out of my head

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A331 & 332 Have you even read the description? It works like beast shape, elemental shape, or plant shape depending on your druid level. You can find the description of the Wild Shape ability here.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Dwarf in the Playground

A331 & 332 Have you even read the description? It works like beast shape, elemental shape, or plant shape depending on your druid level. You can find the description of the Wild Shape ability here.
    I did read it but it doesn't state that you assume it's stats per say just talks about special abilities like climb and scent and what nothttp://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/s..._beast-shape-i
    Last edited by Steelblood; 2012-03-23 at 09:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

A 331+

The first paragraph of the spell talks about special abilities, yes. The next says that if the animal is Small you get +2 Dex and +1 natural armor; the next says that if the animal is Medium, you get +2 Str and +2 natural armor.

that's all you get.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A331+ That's because you don't gain any of its stats. You gain the listed abilities depending on the form and the bonuses according to the size of the form as denoted on the bottom of the spell description.

Edit: Kensai'd
    Last edited by Keneth; 2012-03-23 at 09:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Dwarf in the Playground

A331+ That's because you don't gain any of its stats. You gain the listed abilities depending on the form and the bonuses according to the size of the form as denoted on the bottom of the spell description.

Edit: Kensai'd
    It seems kinda weak
    so no natural attacks?
    i guess i was looking for this kind of info, does it apply to pathfinder?
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbi...#alternateForm
    i know i'm asking things that may sound stupid, but i really want to understand it better.
    Last edited by Steelblood; 2012-03-23 at 10:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

A 331+

The polymorph subtype on the spell school grants natural attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PF SRD
    you gain any of the natural attacks of the base creature, including proficiency in those attacks. These attacks are based on your base attack bonus, modified by your Strength or Dexterity as appropriate, and use your Strength modifier for determining damage bonuses.
    Last edited by Zherog; 2012-03-23 at 10:30 AM. Reason: add '+' to answer number
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    A 331+

The polymorph subtype on the spell school grants natural attacks.
    That's what i was looking for, thank you.
    Last edited by Steelblood; 2012-03-23 at 10:43 AM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 333
    Also Wildshape related...I also feel kinda...dumbfounded.

Wildshaping into an Elemental works like Elemental Form. I get that but what does it grant me besides: Glide, Bonus Strength, Natural Armor and Darkvision. A few of the immunities or do I need to breath and so on?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A333 You gain nothing than what is pointed out in the spell or the polymorph subschool description. Yes, that technically means you have to breathe and drink even in elemental form.

25. - Top - End - #745

Daemon

A333+: However, the polymorph subschool description notes that "If the form grants a swim or burrow speed, you maintain the ability to breathe if you are swimming or burrowing." As a result, you will not suffocate during an earth glide nor drown as a water elemental despite retaining your vulnerability to suffocation in general - you are still able to suffocate, but you treat the appropriate movement medium as a suitable material for breathing.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Q334: Do the feats Taunt and Dazzling Display interact and allow you to use bluff to demoralize everyone around you in 30'?

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Q335: How do class skill bonuses for Familiars work?
    1: Master's ranks, plus class skill bonus, even if the Familiar isn't "trained" in the skill
    2: Master's ranks, but no class skill bonus. If the familiar is trained and it is a class skill it gets the bonus.
    3: Master's ranks, but no class skill bonus. If the skill is a class skill for the familiar, it gets the bonus.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

Q336

Can I make a swift action between attacks during a full attack action?

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A334 Yes, dazzling display requires you to make in intimidate check to demoralize and taunt allows you to use bluff instead.

A335 Master's ranks + familiar's class skill bonus (they have their own set of class skills) + familiar's ability score modifier.

A336 Generally yes. That is to say, unless the GM decides you can't because it would be ridiculous.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

How do i make my preacher inquisitor really powerful. Also im black powder.