New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1548
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

In pathfinder creating Magic weapons isn't controlled by the craft skill anyways... It uses the SpellCraft skill.... And yes, its alot cheaper than buying the weapons out right, and of course its 'viable' its a RPG. If your just going to buy all the magic weapons you use, who is going to carry everything? Not your local "General Store" thats for sure. lol
    Tired of Joining games just to play for a month? Want a game that will last until level 20? Over years of playing??? Check out www.woldiangames.com

Your source for the best online Pathfinder (and more) gaming available!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Woldian -- It's not clear (to me, at least) who you're replying to. Could you edit a question number into your post. For example, add something like A 3.1415 to the top, but with the actual question number obviously.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 470

In the Words of Power subsystem, what does the level of a Target or Meta word actually mean? Does it do anything? My current understanding is that a Target or Meta word of X level must be used with effect words that create a spell of at least X level. Is this correct?

Q 471

Can ordinary metamagic feats be used with wordspells?
    Last edited by Lateral; 2012-06-13 at 05:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Q472
    If a character wants to preform with a parrot that he trained to talk, would the check be the character's Perform check, the character's Handle Animal check, the parrot's Perform check, or something else?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

A472
    Odd question I doubt is covered by RAW, but I'd use Perform check (most likely "Perform: Comedy") with aid another from the parrot.

Q473

Monk of the four winds can get this ability.

Once per hour, the monk can move at 10 times his normal land speed when he makes a charge and is treated as if he had the pounce ability.
    Is the pounce once an hour?
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-06-14 at 01:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Barbarian in the Playground

A473
    It can go both ways, but it seems more likely that the pounce is also once an hour.

7. - Top - End - #997

Q 474

Are there any Cleric spells that require negligible-cost material components (such as those found within a spell component pouch)?

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    Q 474

Are there any Cleric spells that require negligible-cost material components (such as those found within a spell component pouch)?
    A474 (partial) Spells added to your list by Pathfinder Savant or Improved Eldritch Heritage: Arcane (In the case of Oracle) will. Someone more familiar with the PF cleric list can note anything on the list by default.

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by Larpus View Post
    Q463
    When you use Beast Shape I and change yourself into a venomous snake (medium animal), by RAW you don't get the poison attack (you don't get this until Beast Shape III), but do you still get to produce poison? Such as in order to collect it to sell or make poisons on your own?
    Bumping my question because it's quite pertinent to my situation (or will be in the next level) and I'm afraid I might not get an answer.

Q475
    Can you use Rapid Shot with Xbows without Rapid Reload?

Despite it not making much sense, by RAW it seems that it's actually possible.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A463 No, the fact that you don't get the special attack implies your polymorph is not detailed enough to include the facilities for poison production (i.e. you have the fangs but not the venom sacs and glands).

A467 dispute The wording doesn't mention that you can't expend a challenge because it doesn't have to. Expending the use of challenge is part of the (10 minute) action required to activate this ability. It's not meant to be used reflexively, you're supposed to use it preemptively. Of course I understand that many games don't allow for such long preparation times, in which case it is indeed best to talk to your GM and ask for alternative activation methods.

A474 Divine spellcasters replace non-costly components that they can't produce on the spot (as opposed to say a drop of blood) with a divine focus (generally a holy symbol). The only exceptions would likely be spells added from other spell lists.

A475 Well you can use Rapid Shot but reloading is still a move action, so unless you can get a bolt loaded in some other way, you gain no actual benefit except an audible *click*.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Orc in the Playground

Q476

a. If a character fails a swim check how do they resurface?
    b. What if they fail 2 checks?

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q477

Ok, the Crane Wing feat says that you can use the dodge thing (Ignore first attack of a round) if you have one hand free. Does wearing a buckler count as having the hand free? It straps to your forearm and you can normally use weapons while using one (though you have to give up the AC for the round).
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A476 As far as I know, there's no specific rules for sinking in Pathfinder yet, so "underwater" likely means just under the surface. Alternatively, if I recall correctly from 3.5, a character sinks 15 feet in the first round and 30 feet on subsequent rounds. Either way, you have to successfully roll swim checks to swim back to the surface, otherwise you're either stuck in place or sink even further.

A477 Yes, you can use Crane Wing with a buckler equipped. The GM might rule that you lose its shield bonus if you do, however.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q478

I am a lvl 1 druid. My animal companion is a wolf but I don't see what HP it is supposed to have. Nor do I know which hit die I'm supposed to use when I level up for it to get more HP. So how do I determine my animal companion's, the wolf's, HP?
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A478 All animals, including animal companions (and also vermin), roll a d8 when gaining HD. To calculate its hit points, look at the "Animal Companion Base Statistics" table under the HD column to determine how many times to roll the dice, and add the Constitution modifier as you would for a character. Alternatively, you can use the average hit points instead of rolling dice (4.5 per HD). The latter method is also used in Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

To answer your question more specifically. At first level, your wolf has 2 HD, so its hit points are 2d8 + 4 (or an average of 13), unless you also gave it Toughness, then add another +3 hp.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Orc in the Playground

Q479

How does the sleep spell operate when saves are made? For example, you cast sleep on 5 4HD targets. is it;
    1. Sleep's HD limit only counts for affected targets, meaning you can attempt to sleep 5 4HD targets, and the spell keeps attempting to sleep the next in line until 1 of the targets is affected.
    2. Sleep's HD limit is the total number of creatures that can be affected, and if you had 5 4HD targets you must pick one for the spell to go off on, regardless of if the target saves or not.

Please cite the rule(s) that support your argument.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A479 This is just a case of phase order. When casting a spell, targets are chosen and saves are rolled before the spell's effects are resolved, and unless specifically pointed out in the spell, no new targets can be chosen after. In case of sleep, once you cast the spell, targets are chosen according to criteria described in the spell. If there's 5 creatures with 4 HD in the area of effect, then the closest creature to the source is affected. This uses up all the HD that the spell can affect and the creature then makes a saving throw. Depending on the result of the saving throw, the effects of the spell are then resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-The-Spell-s-Result
    Once you know which creatures (or objects or areas) are affected, and whether those creatures have made successful saving throws (if any were allowed), you can apply whatever results a spell entails.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground

A 475 “Crossbow, Repeating: The repeating crossbow (whether heavy or light) holds 5 crossbow bolts. As long as it holds bolts, you can reload it by pulling the reloading lever (a free action). Loading a new case of 5 bolts is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.”

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Q480

At 8th level, as a free action on your turn, you can designate an adjacent square; your attacks are treated as coming from that square for the purposes of determining whether or not you are flanking (this applies even if that square is occupied by an object or creature). This ends at the start of your next turn or if you move. If you are flanking a creature without using this ability, you may add your Wisdom bonus to your attack roll rather than the normal +2 flanking bonus. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
    Does the wis to attack roll count against the 3+wis/day?

20. - Top - End - #1010

Q 481

I can't seem to find it anywhere, but isn't there a rule that says that your clothing doesn't count towards encumberance? It seems a bit harsh that a simple Traveler's Outfit takes up 10% of a 13-Str character's light load.
    Rules that supersede Rule 0:

Rule -1: You're all there to have fun. The GM and the players should never do anything that would limit people's fun, for any in-game or real-life reason.

Rule -0.5 (corollary): That means that if someone's fun is getting in the way of other people's fun, that person needs to change how they're playing.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A480 No, which is what makes the Wolf domain awesome, especially when trip-locking a target with your pet wolf.

A481 Here is your answer. But regardless of RAW, most GMs will let you ignore one set of clothing.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

A 481 add'l (sort of)

Keneth - my emploer blocks d20pfsrd.com, unfortunately. Would you mind posting either a copy/paste of the pertinent text or a link to something directly on Paizo's site? Pretty please?
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    A 481 add'l (sort of)

Keneth - my emploer blocks d20pfsrd.com, unfortunately. Would you mind posting either a copy/paste of the pertinent text or a link to something directly on Paizo's site? Pretty please?
    Here you go.
    Clothing (10/8/09)

Q: Does clothing count towards Encumbrance as in D&D 3.5E, clothing did not count towards a character's encumbrance. Is this still true in Pathfinder as its not mentioned under the clothing section?.

A: (James Jacobs) In games I run, one suit of worn clothing won't count for encumbrance. I'm relatively sure that the omission of that line from the rules was an oversight, but it's not something that I think warrants a full-blown errata. [Source]

A: (Jason Bulmahn 10/8/09) Folks, as of right now, there is nothing in the RAW that states that one suit of clothing does not count toward encumbrance. So, as of this moment, clothing does count. I will revisit this issue when it comes time for the next batch of updates. [Source]
    (Sig by Elrond, Avatar by Recaiden)
    Check out my custom feat: Double Shield Wielder
    This actually happened in a game:
    Spoiler
    Show

DM:"The pope hits you with his rod of persuasion. Make a save."
    PLAYER: "Against what?"
    DM: "Catholicism!"

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
    A480 No, which is what makes the Wolf domain awesome, especially when trip-locking a target with your pet wolf.
    Q482
    Anyway to get an Animal Companion outside of animal domain, druid/paladin/ranger/cavalier/Syvlian Sorcerer/that one barbarian Archetype levels and the ever debatable Eldritch Heritage: Sylvian?

25. - Top - End - #1015

BlueKnightGuy

A482

Diabolist prestige class, Scalykind/Saurian Domains, and the Nature Warden prestige class are the only ones that I know of right now.

As a note: Nature Warden needs an animal companion to be taken. But all of you nature warden levels do stack for you animal companion level.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Orc in the Playground

Q482 Nature Oracle!
    Last edited by NamelessNPC; 2012-06-22 at 01:17 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks both

483: Can a character use the Tactics subdomain power on multiple people, expending multiple uses, on a single initiate roll?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A483 No, one ally per initiative roll.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Q484

An eidolon’s maw is full of razor-sharp teeth, giving it a bite attack. This attack is a primary attack. The bite deals 1d6 points of damage (1d8 if Large, 2d6 if Huge). If the eidolon already has a bite attack, this evolution allows it to deal 1-1/2 times its Strength modifier on damage rolls made with its bite.
    How does taking the Bite evolution twice interact with the (extra) head evolution?

1: Taking it a second time to apply to the second head also give the 1-1/12 times strength on both bites
    2: Taking it the second time gives either an extra bite or the bonus damage on bite, taking it 3 times gives the bonus damage on both bites
    3: Taking it the second time gives either an extra bite or the bonus damage on bite, taking it 3 times gives the bonus damage on one bite.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A484 Generally you can only take this evolution twice, but the Head evolution makes it so that you can take the first ability (a new bite attack) more than once. The second ability (increased damage) applies to an attack type, not a single attack, so once you take this ability it applies to all bite attacks, regardless of how many you have at the moment or will have in the future.

This should really have been split into two completely separate evolutions, for comprehension's sake if nothing else, but like in so many cases, it shows how little foresight Pathfinder developers have when designing new content.