New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Supah Creepah CoC Module?

Hey guys - I just picked up the 30th anniversary edition of the CoC rules, and am looking at running a one-shot on Halloween. Or thereabouts. Do you guys know of any really really good one-shots? I'd go for published or homebrew, honestly. I'm fairly new to they system as a whole, which is why I haven't hardly bothered searching - I don't even know what to look for.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Supah Creepah CoC Module?

I semi-successfully ran Live Evil last Halloween, and will be doing so again this year - it's even set on Halloween night.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Still Waters". It's got everything that every player is terrified of: Deep water with things larger than you. Those things find the idea of death hilarious. You can't kill these things with conventional means. Also, they're a pair of incestuous twin sisters who got turned into star spawn.
    Iron Chef Award!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I'm totally looking into these. I may even run them both on different nights for the lulz if I like the system enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

"The Haunting" is the most played scenario for CoC, and for a reason. It's a good one for introducing players (and I found it easy to run as a first time game master). It's probably somewhere in the back of the book.
    Demiliches. Why'd it have to be demiliches?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    "The Haunting" is the most played scenario for CoC, and for a reason. It's a good one for introducing players (and I found it easy to run as a first time game master). It's probably somewhere in the back of the book.
    Oh? Very good then. True to the series, I've been afraid to crack open the rulebook as of yet, so I haven't seen it.
    Last edited by Deth Muncher; 2011-09-27 at 08:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    You can also expand upon the ruined temple part and make it a bit of a dungeon crawl.

I, unfortunately, took a bit of the creepiness out of the adventure when I ran it because I introduced a gangster subplot.