New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Who should be in Smash Bros 4?

Exactly as said: Who do you want in the inevitable WiiU Smash sequel? Let's forget about the characters meant for Brawl but kept out (Dixie, Toon Zelda/Shiek, Plustle/Minun, ect), beceause they're probably going to get in.

I'd personally like King K. Rool, preferrably using his blunderbuss from DKC2 and his heli-pak from DKC3 for his B moves (Because, he's a great villain, and if Bowser and Ganondorf can get in, so should he) and Duster Because, since Ness/Lucas stole so many of Paula/Kumatora's moves, and Jeff is already only an assist trophy, I think he's the only Earthbound/Mother character with a unique moveset they could use.

I'd also love to see Captain Syrup from Wario Land (Because she was Wario's best villain, hands down), Little Mac (I Do not get why he was only made into an assist Trophy) Mike Jones (Because, since Star Tropics is pretty obscure, he'd be a great wild card), Sukapon (Same reason, just repalce Star Tropics with Joy Mecha Fight) and The Eggplant Wizard (Because, come on, he's way more iconic Kid Icarus villain than Medusa, you know it)

I'd also love to see actual Nintendo villains as antagonists of the story mode instead of some original creations, as the whole reason we wanted the story mode was to fight through hordes of the unique enemies of each franchise instead of some Heartless knockoffs.

Specifically, the bosses I'd liek to see are:
    King Bulblax (Pikmin)
    Titain Dweevil (Pikmin 2)
    Kraid (Metroid)
    Queen Metroid (Also Metroid)
    Mother Brain (Guess.)
    Genesect (Pokemon)
    Mr. Sandman (Punch-Out)
    King Hippo (Punch Out)
    Tiki Tong (Donkey Kong Country)
    Rudy the Clown (Wario Land)
    King Boo (Super Mario Bros)
    TOm Nook (Animal Crossing, with a mecha made out of his store)

And with either Giygas, Majora's Mask or O2 as the Big Bad, because they're likely the only ones creepy/powerful enough to work well (Though I think it would be O2 because Sakurai DID create Kirby).

But, what do you folks think?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Who should be in Smash Bros 4?

I feel characters should be added as playable in the order of the following steps.

First step: Add in all characters that when you ask the questions from group A and group B, you get a yes for at least 1 in each group.

group A: Is this character owned by Nintendo?
    Did this character at least cameo in at least 1 game for an Nintendo console/handheld?
    Was this character mentioned in at least 1 game for an Nintendo console/handheld?

group B: Was this character the first of something rather than the just taking the role in his/her/hir/its game/series or just being the first to take the role in his/her/hir/its game/series?
    Did this character do something for Nintendo other than make them money?
    Did this character do something for video games other than just appearing in them?
    Did this character do something for the general populace?
    Would taking this character out of his/her/hir/its game/series have a major effect on said game/series?

Second step: If more characters are needed, add in a character for each series that doesn't have a character representative and isn't a series created by combining other series in itself that would best represent that series.

Third step: If more characters are still needed; than let third party companies whom got at least 1 character in the game by the first step be allowed to have up to 1 free character they own added to the game for every 50 characters that made it in by the first step, Nintendo second party companies be allowed to have up to 1 free character they own added to the game for every 25 characters that made it in by the first step, and Nintendo be allowed to have up to 1 free first-party/non-second party character they own added to the game for every 10 characters that made it in by the first step.

Fourth step: If that still isn't enough characters, than will add in those that would provide move sets not covered by those characters already in.

Fifth step: If lacking for characters, than will put in characters the fans would like to see in the series and luigifing them whenever possible.

Sixth step: If still lacking for characters, than will add in characters as filler while luigifing them whenever possible.

Final step: If that still is not enough characters, I would panic as I would worry whom could possibly be that demanding.

Next I feel the pokemon in the poke-balls should be decided in such a way to cover as wide a range in the attacks as possible.

And I feel the assist trophy characters should be decided last picked from those characters that weren't added to the in-work Super Smash Bros. game and fit the best for all possible uses of the assist trophy in the game.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

This actually came up in a brawl thread that came up a while back.

My picks are...

Megaman (Megaman Series) - He gets a new weapon every time he kills an enemy. The weapon has a limited number of charges (varies by weapon) before he loses it. Megaman can switch between weapons as his left/right taunt.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Series) - She has limited vertical recovery, but her ponytail twirl move (Up+B) gives her great horizontal recovery.

Little Mac (Punch Out Series) - His final smash is the mighty Star Punch. Guaranteed to KO whoever it hits.

Waluigi (Mario Series) - A weird choice, I know, but one I would REALLY like to see. Waluigi would be a troll character. His attacks would do the opposite of what you would expect them to do... His up smashes would send you flying down and his down smashes would send you flying up. Attacks with a slow wind-up animation would be incredibly fast when finally released and attacks with a faster wind-up animation would be far slower when released. Essentially a character built to mess with people's expectations.

I'd also like to see King K. Rool, though I haven't put much thought into how he would play.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I would enjoy some more characters from Fire Emblem,

Hector/Lyn from Rekka no Ken (I believe Lyn is an assist Trophy already)

Maybe Micaiah or some other character from the Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance Series.

Really not that picky
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally think that Shadow Would be workable, He is more "Slower, But Stronger" Version of Sonic, And As such, Would be perfect.
    Based on how much Awesome Sonic got, Shadow seems perfect.
    I would suggest a Chaos Spear For something like his B-> Attack, Or A Gun for his B attack..This is all the rambleing of myself, Just really wanting Shadow.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    I would suggest a Chaos Spear For something like his B-> Attack, Or A Gun for his B attack.
    Nah, don't change B; Shadow needs to keep his Homing Attack. Up+B could be replaced by a teleport move though, and maybe turn Down+B into a counter. As for guns, Snake didn't use them; you can just have more Ray Guns and Super Scopes drop on Shadow's stage or something.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I would play the living daylights out of Simon Belmont if he was in a smash bros game.

[edit]
    Simon also paves the way for new crutches items, like his crucifix and axe. the crucifix would return to the thrower (or get intercepted), while the axe would have the classic arch to it.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2012-11-22 at 09:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I would have that as a Final Smash, Chaos Control, Which freezes time, And then you could wail away at them, You could Fire off a lotta shots from his guns (Think Fox/Falco) And Fire his Chaos Spear Repeatedly. (I was thinking along the lines of a Attack like..Pit's B move, And Samus Rockets)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Travis Touchdown, of course.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I've only played Punch Out Wii, and not to its entirety (I was playing at a friend's), but... does Little Mac have enough moves to make it in? The only thing he has besides the standard jabs and hooks (which seem better as basic attacks than specials) is the star punch. Maybe if it was one of his opponents, like the middle-eastern guy with the illusions...
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-11-22 at 09:25 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

John Raimi, from Geist.

You get a ghost form, and a human form that has the anti-ghost gun from later in the game because it isn't a "real" gun, and make one of his special attacks possessing an item for a short period of time.

I would play that game non-stop if that was the case.
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy ****, How did I not think of that.
    YEA! Hell YEAH!
    Now...Where is the Spam box for Nintindo?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I would love more characters from Fire Emblem, particular any of the Laguz (I'm particularly fond of Lethe) with the down B obviously being the transformation.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I've only played Punch Out Wii, and not to its entirety (I was playing at a friend's), but... does Little Mac have enough moves to make it in? The only thing he has besides the standard jabs and hooks (which seem better as basic attacks than specials) is the star punch. Maybe if it was one of his opponents, like the middle-eastern guy with the illusions...
    Well, Ness stole a lot of Paula's moves for his appearance in SSB, so I figure Mac would do the same thing .Super Macho Man's spin atack would be his Down B, Great Tiger's attack would be his side B, and so on.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I would love more characters from Fire Emblem, particular any of the Laguz (I'm particularly fond of Lethe) with the down B obviously being the transformation.
    Wait why would they NOT be permantly transformed? They can't really fight outside their transformed state... If they put in Royals it would work, preferably Tibarn or Naesala just because I love characters with multiple jumps .
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, no laguz. They were very much one-hit wonder kinda characters and this is coming from a guy who really liked FE9 and (to a slightly lesser degree) FE10. Another Fire Emblem character, but preferable not another swordsman since we've already had plenty of those (let's limit it to Marth and one other swordsman lord per game). A magic user would be interesting with Micaiah being most likely since she was a Lord character.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate to be that guy, but didn't Nintendo say there weren't going to be any more characters in the next game?

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Travis Touchdown, of course.
    I know that there is zero chance of this happening, but I want this, too. In the same vein of impossibility, Viewtiful Joe from the series of the same name and Mike from StarTropics.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

First off, this should be in the "Gaming (Other)" section. That's where video game discussion goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tbok1992 View Post
    Exactly as said: Who do you want in the inevitable WiiU Smash sequel? Let's forget about the characters meant for Brawl but kept out (Dixie, Toon Zelda/Shiek, Plustle/Minun, ect), beceause they're probably going to get in.
    I wouldn't bet on that myself. Especially given many of those were likely cut for much the same reason most of the characters who were in Melee but not Brawl were - being too similar to existing ones.

As for myself, well, ever since playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, my most-wanted addition has become Palutena. Because she's just so damn much fun in that game, and being a goddess they'd have quite a lot of freedom with her moves. Plus I'd like to see more magic-users in general, and she fits that bill nicely.

From the same, Dark Pit, aka Pitoo. Now, I normally would not suggest a "Dark [character name]" type of character, but Pitoo makes it work, being genuinely distinct from his original, and it would be very easy to make him such in gameplay terms as well: give him some of the various non-Bow weapons from Uprising. Make him a stance change character with three or four different weapons (I'd suggest the sword, claws, canon, and staff myself) that completely change his moves depending on which he has equipped, or for something less complicated just have him pull out a different weapon for each special move and default to one or two for his normals. There's so much that could be done with the weapons from that game alone, and Pitoo would be a good way to get them in without changing Pit himself.

For villains, Medusa or Hades from Uprising could be quite fun, either as playable ones or as bosses for a story mode.

Anyway, setting Uprising aside, my next most wanted after Palutena would be Mega Man. Because getting him into the same game as Mario and Sonic would please my inner child to no end . (Also, because Capcom has been treating him like crap lately.)

Aside from that, there's a few I had been hoping to see in Brawl but who didn't make it: namely Krystal (from Star Fox; her staff from Adventures is practically a ready-made moveset to begin with), Isaac (from Golden Sun; his son Matthew from Dark Dawn would work too, as they're basically interchangeable in terms of abilities), Lyn (from Fire Emblem), and Midna (from Zelda, of course; preferably in Imp form). Yeah, I know Isaac and Lyn are Assist Trophies, but they don't need to remain such.

If we get into the realm of wishful thinking, for a second Sonic character, I'd want Knuckles. Because he's always been a favorite of mine, and he'd be fairly unique by Smash Brothers standards, if his digging, gliding, and wall-climbing talents from the original games were properly represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but didn't Nintendo say there weren't going to be any more characters in the next game?
    May want to read that carefully - it mentions not increasing the quantity, not not adding new characters. If that turns out to be accurate, it would most likely mean the cast would be replacing old characters for the new, not that the cast would remain identical to Brawl's.

I doubt it'll turn out to be accurate anyway though.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Pssshhh... New characters is what makes it worth getting. I hope Nintendo will finally take a look at DLC as a way of introducing new ones down the line. But honestly, if there's no one new to add to the roster, I probably won't pick up a Wii U at all.

If they did listen to me, here would be my picks/Alterations:

Fire Emblem: Hector/Ephraim/Marth. That way we've got a lord from three different games, and each with a different weapon type. Preferably Ephraim would be a good Ike/Marth counter, Marth would beat on Hector, and Hector would beat up Ephraim. Hector would probably play a lot like Ike and fill the role of the heavy, while Ephraim balances out in the middle.

Mario: Down b would be altered to something Galaxy flavored. Final smash would actually deal damage so as to be useful on larger maps.

King Boo: No idea how he would be played, but it would be awesome.

Metaknight: Nerfed.

Animal Crossing: If Phoenix Jones can show up in MvC3, I don't see why Animal Crossing can't make an appearance in Smash. Side b butterfly fly net, down b shovel, up b fishing pole as one of those upward grapples... Final Smash is mister Resetti. No one can move but you until he finishes.

Pokemon: Pokemon Trainer Redux: Can start with any of the original starters. Over the course of the game wild pokemon appear. They randomly attack people and can be wounded. b is throwing a pokeball. If the pokemon is caught, and the pokemon trainer's pokemon picks up the pokeball, they can switch out with that pokemon. If someone else reaches it it's treated like a pokeball item. The pokemon evolve when they KO opponents. Final Smash all the pokemon come out and kick ass. Needlessly complicated? Yes. Awesome? Also yes.

Not Nintendo Titles: With the inclusion of Snake and Sonic, the gate has been opened. Here's a few I think would be perfect.

Megaman: need I say more? Ideally .exe so he can be a cross of Samus and Kirby.

Ryu: Street Fighter is the iconic fighting game, and Ryu's move set already lends itself well to Smash. Up b shoryuken, Down b tetsumaki senpuyaku, side b hadoken (faster if you charge it, but charges quickly (within a second,)) b focus attack (SFIV,) Smash Ball Metsu Hadoken.

Wreck it Ralph: Okay, so he's technically from a movie. I'd love them forever if this happened though.

Edit: How could I forget this? Ganondorf needs a total revamp. If you want to keep him slow fine, but give him Zelda's teleport but fast, and have him use the giant ass sword strapped to his back. The teleport alone would make him scary. I can just picture him zipping towards you in dark magic leaps.

Edit2: Up b, fast teleport, damage on arrival. Possibly popping through terrain even downwards to make it trickier, but lethal in a master's hands. Side b rush attack with sword swing for added range (directs opponents to the side as opposed to up.) B slower version of Din's fire with a larger explosion (similar to pk flash.) Down b plunges sword into earth (quick recovery) and causes opponents to trip in the immediate area when touching the ground. Useful with side b for combos.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-11-23 at 04:18 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    Third step: If more characters are still needed; than let third party companies whom got at least 1 character in the game by the first step be allowed to have up to 1 free character they own added to the game for every 50 characters that made it in by the first step, Nintendo second party companies be allowed to have up to 1 free character they own added to the game for every 25 characters that made it in by the first step, and Nintendo be allowed to have up to 1 free first-party/non-second party character they own added to the game for every 10 characters that made it in by the first step.
    Either that would make for way too many characters, or way too few cameos. At least two seems like a good (and profitable) idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    Well, since they say they'll likely not increase the number, they'll prolly change up the characters instead.

I figure this means there won't be anymore "clone" characters, or that those characters will instead become "skins" for other characters (like those recolour things and how Peach had one look like Daisy). If they do that, I'd love to see Roy back as a skin. The Pokemon Trainer could also cover several options.

Mega Man is an obvious choice for me as a cameo character.

A Toon Zelda/Tetra character would be pretty awesome. The Legend of Zelda has some pretty great characters that Brawl has yet to touch upon, like Midna or Zant. Majora's Mask Link with mask transformations would be wicked, though I have no idea how that could be implemented.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I know that there is zero chance of this happening, but I want this, too. In the same vein of impossibility, Viewtiful Joe from the series of the same name and Mike from StarTropics.
    In fact, can we just do Travis Touchdown vs. Viewtiful Joe and forget the rest?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Well, accepting the fact that all Zelda stuff for the next iteration is going to be based off of Skyward Sword I'd like to see Ghirahim make an appearance as a playable character. He's got a lot which can be adapted to brawl format and you could make his Final Smash (assuming they're keeping those) relate to the end game somehow.

Spoiler
    Show
    While it might be cool to have him transform into his end-game form I think that really should be integrated into his overall character and instead, he should turn into Demise's blade.

Final Smash then allows you to decimate the battle field for a while as Demise.

Also, I thought the next smash game was slated for the 3DS.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2012-11-23 at 09:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Majoras's Mas Link transformain could work similar to how pokemon trainer shifts pokemon, down b transforms and gows through a cycle (Deku->Goron->Zora->link) and the final smash wold be the Fierce Deity mask.

The re-skins for Pokemon trainer could be the other gen trainers.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    No. Just no. Even ignoring that this is FAR too many characters, this is a horrible idea. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting pretty damn sick of having portions of a game I purchase and pay full retail price for sliced off and sold separately. Nintendo is one of the few companies that actually still gives you the full product that you pay for anymore and I have a great deal of respect for them because of that. (That's not to say that there aren't good or atleast non-objectionable ways to do DLC, just that this example is not one of them)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Megaman is kind of a must have. I wish Ike would disappear and be replaced by Roy. I loved Roy.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Megaman is kind of a must have. I wish Ike would disappear and be replaced by Roy. I loved Roy.
    The most likely thing to happen is that Ike will be replaced by Krom/Chrom from the soon-to-be-released-internationally Fire Emblem: Awakening, due to the formula seeming to be Marth + Lord from most recent FE game. Though a Roy costume for Marth would be pretty nice.
    Though this also raises a question: will he be reappearing in Smash Bros in his Awakening costume? And more importantly, will he a Lucina costume too?
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

I've considered this carefully and I feel I should be in the next Smash Bros game. It could use more female characters, would increase the sexy factor by a significant magnitude and what with fly, talons and charming people, I reckon there's a lot of potential for combos.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Before we get characters I'd lvoe to have hitstun and decent movement back for the cast.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I think Sakurai is an infallable god and we should encourage his older ideas, like tripping. But that's not good enough, we need more tripping. I'm talking tripping left, right, up and down. All tripping, all the time. Even if you're standing still, just random tripping. Want to get that box? Trip! Want to jump that hole? Trip! Jumping in the air, standing still, changing the camera angle? Trip, Trip, TRIP! Just tripped? Trip!

We can call it Super Smash Bros Trip and remix all the songs to dubstep, that way every match just looks like a rave party.