New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    When trading items in your Inventory, is there a trading partial maps for puzzling maps requires Connected: The Docks 20, while every other trade for goods worth 12.5 echoes requires Connected: X 6?

Just saw on the Failbetter forums that this will be fixed, so thats good.
    Yes this should be fixed now. There's more economy tweaks coming very soon, too. You might want to keep an eye on our forums for details.
    On other news, what does everyone think of the creatures teased at the Echo Bazaar twitter feed? Devious Moles, Haunted Bloodhounds, Magnificent Turtles (sadly real names have not been released yet).
    A sneaky bit of inside info for you all: the bloodhound is a Maverick Bloodhound. He will do Whatever it Takes to Get the Job Done.

Also, I'm sure others have noticed how rostygold and deep amber have new graphics. Any predictions on why or what else might change?
    We updated a load of old icons - books were another key one. Oo. And check your new-look cheerful goldfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    It's the "Festival of Infinite Actions". Setting it to 10K turns is just the quick n' easy way for them to give us infinite actions.
    This. Setting the cap to 10,000 is a straightforward way of effectively removing it. We're not saying "play 10,000 actions!" which...er...might kill people, but "play as much as your candles allow!".

I'll try and check this thread a bit more regularly over the next couple of days if anyone has questions.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

NO real question, but I would like to say thanks for all the extra turns, pretty awesome ^^ I'm trying to take advantage of them as much as possible, I figure I"ll make a good 2-300 echoes out of this, maybe more, which is pretty awesome, it'll put me VERY close to my goal of 160k pence(1600 echoes) so I can purchase one of the 4 opportunity card residences ^^

Also, I LOVE the Maze of Tigers. So absolutely superior to the Docks in term of story(well, the Docks started out great, I loved the Sorrow Spider storylet that culminated in
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Spider Council"
    , but it reaaally died off after that). It's very entertaining thus far, I love reading about all the various exhibits, and am very glad I didn't immediately take the chance to go down to the 3rd Coil when I could, instead I stuck with my "Time passing in the second coil" bit, and that unlocked even more cool exhibits and storylines. Fantastic writing!

I am curious, and I do understand if you can't say anything about this, but do you guys have plans on adding further locations past what is available(Like the Docks, or The FLit, or the University, etc)? I mean, it's pretty obvious from the Relicker cards that you have plans for your qualities to go up past 200+, I'm just wondering if you'll add more and more locations to get us there, or just add on to existing locations.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I am curious, and I do understand if you can't say anything about this, but do you guys have plans on adding further locations past what is available(Like the Docks, or The FLit, or the University, etc)? I mean, it's pretty obvious from the Relicker cards that you have plans for your qualities to go up past 200+, I'm just wondering if you'll add more and more locations to get us there, or just add on to existing locations.
    There are a number of places across the zee that we can be pretty sure that they'll be adding, for one.

Also, woot! I'm now a Person of Some Importance. Took me long enough.

Now to... go back to court and finish off all my business there before getting kicked out. And then grind for a ship.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-01 at 07:01 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

I had a moment of weakness and spent Fate to speed up my ship-buying process significantly. But hey, I have a sweet yacht.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    I had a moment of weakness and spent Fate to speed up my ship-buying process significantly. But hey, I have a sweet yacht.
    Same
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thirded. Definitely worth saving a month of grinding. A Maverick Bloodhound would have been so much fun during the Velocipede story. I want them all!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

7. - Top - End - #367
    Halfling in the Playground

I am curious, and I do understand if you can't say anything about this, but do you guys have plans on adding further locations past what is available(Like the Docks, or The FLit, or the University, etc)?
    Oh, hell yes. We've got more Zee locations planned for a start. There are are also locations already in the game that don't appear on the map, like the Empress' Court and the Foreign Office. By the time you're a Person of Some Importance the map is already pretty crowded, so a number of places are entered through different means.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Also, woot! I'm now a Person of Some Importance.
    Woo-hoo! Congratulations!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I am pretty much on the downside of the hill that is obtaining "Stormy-Eyed" Just reached What the Thunder Said 11, and I've been getting a lot of cards for it lately(which is pretty damn nice). I figure another month or two and I should be Stormy eyed, unless my luck with the cards not only stall, but reverse and head in the other direction. I think I may want that more then I want my "Person of Some IMportance" title, if only because I didn't even start thinking about the Person of Some importance Title until just recently, and I've been wondering about Stormy Eyed since the first time I saw it mentioned on a card

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just got Stormy-Eyed a week ago I've taken every single Thunder dream card that's showed up for the last... six months at least, whenever it was that I started playing. The later levels felt longer to me because you need more change points between levels, though.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    I just got Stormy-Eyed a week ago I've taken every single Thunder dream card that's showed up for the last... six months at least, whenever it was that I started playing. The later levels felt longer to me because you need more change points between levels, though.
    Hmm, it's probably been a bit shorter time then that for me, but obviously, I'm not done yet, once I am, it probably will be 6 months since I started getting those cards. I'd say around Mid-Late September is when I got my first Thunder card, so just about 4 months right now.

What is everyones other dream qualities at right now? I have: Is Someone there 7, Death by Water 7, Burial of the Dead 6, The Fire Sermon 4, Game of Chess 2, What the Thunder Said 11.

What interesting things do the other dream qualities give?

Edit: Also, I'm a complete jerk! Congrats on achieving the awesomely awesomeness that is Stormy Eyed. As far as I'm concerned/can tell, it is every bit as much of an accomplishment as a Person of Some Importance! I have a strong feeling I may end up gaining both titles somewhere around the same time quite likely.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-02 at 02:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371

Hmm, it's probably been a bit shorter time then that for me, but obviously, I'm not done yet, once I am, it probably will be 6 months since I started getting those cards. I'd say around Mid-Late September is when I got my first Thunder card, so just about 4 months right now.

What is everyones other dream qualities at right now? I have: Is Someone there 7, Death by Water 7, Burial of the Dead 6, The Fire Sermon 4, Game of Chess 2, What the Thunder Said 11.

What interesting things do the other dream qualities give?
    You got Burial of the Dead past 5? Mine seemed to stop leveling up (in the same manner as Playing With Broken Toys), so I assumed it ran out of content and started deleting the cards. Maybe it's only a specific card or two that doesn't increase the dream quality.

Is Someone There is at 6, Death by Water 5, What the Thunder Said 2, Burial of the Dead 5, Fire Sermon 4, and Game of Chess 6. I may be able to give them up for my ambition soon What the Thunder Said is the only one that I really pursued; I deleted the others whenever my Nightmares were too high and I didn't want to take more.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    You got Burial of the Dead past 5? Mine seemed to stop leveling up (in the same manner as Playing With Broken Toys), so I assumed it ran out of content and started deleting the cards. Maybe it's only a specific card or two that doesn't increase the dream quality.

Is Someone There is at 6, Death by Water 5, What the Thunder Said 2, Burial of the Dead 5, Fire Sermon 4, and Game of Chess 6. I may be able to give them up for my ambition soon What the Thunder Said is the only one that I really pursued; I deleted the others whenever my Nightmares were too high and I didn't want to take more.
    I know exactly what you mean, for quite a while I didn't touch any of the other ones, often deleting them because of my nightmares being to high.

As far as the "not going any further", I think I know EXACTLY what your issue is/was. The reason it's not increasing, is because the cards you are getting include the factoid "Opened up by Nightmares being level 6". Any Dream quality card that has that in the text when you hover your mouse over it, will only increase your nightmares, and you will only GET those cards, for as long as your Nightmares remain over 6. Take it down to to below that, and the cards will become normal again, and your dream qualities will continue their upward ascent. I figured this out myself after noticing the trend when my specific dream quality didn't go up but nightmares did several times. I lowered it to 5, and the cards became normal ^^

So, your "What the Thunder said" quality is at 2 again? Have you already seen any of the "Stormy-Eyed" options?

13. - Top - End - #373

As far as the "not going any further", I think I know EXACTLY what your issue is/was. The reason it's not increasing, is because the cards you are getting include the factoid "Opened up by Nightmares being level 6". Any Dream quality card that has that in the text when you hover your mouse over it, will only increase your nightmares, and you will only GET those cards, for as long as your Nightmares remain over 6. Take it down to to below that, and the cards will become normal again, and your dream qualities will continue their upward ascent. I figured this out myself after noticing the trend when my specific dream quality didn't go up but nightmares did several times. I lowered it to 5, and the cards became normal ^^
    Is that what's happened? D--ned nightmares. Time to break out the goldfish again

So, your "What the Thunder said" quality is at 2 again? Have you already seen any of the "Stormy-Eyed" options?
    Yep, I took the Stormy-Eyed option on both cards I've gotten so far. Both of them increased my Stormy-Eyed; you get to start at lvl 7 but I want a few more points before I start decreasing it with the other unlocked options.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Let's see, my dream qualities are currently:
    • Is Someone There? 7
    • Death by Water 9
    • What the Thunder Said 15
    • The Burial of the Dead 8
    • The Fire Sermon 1
    • A Game of Chess 6

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone else here had as abysmal luck as I have had lately in getting a bonus upon echoing snippets for turn refresh? The last time I got a darkdrop coffee or anything like that has been literally since the last time I posted. Not sure of the exact time, but I'm pretty sure it's been well over a month now(imma go back and check). Are they still doing that or has it been stopped?

edit: K, found that post, it was on Dec 21st, so it's been about a month and two weeks, give or take a few days since I last earned a bonus, and I've not missed more then 2 days for turn refresh(both of those were when I had some 24 hour virus that lasted 72 hours instead and had me puking my brains out). Seems like an awfully long dry spell.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-02 at 06:51 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376

Yes, my last cup from echoes was 37 days ago, so about late December. Though I'm sure its just luck. Has anyone seen the Implacable Detective yet? I have enough watchful but I can't seem to find her.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

No idea where she is. I've been looking for her for a while.

18. - Top - End - #378

If she was an opportunity card I has hoped the Vicar could inform me of her whereabouts, or maybe I could meet her at Chimes. Also, who else is super excited that the Festival of Actions has been extended to tommorow!?
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-02-02 at 03:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    If she was an opportunity card I has hoped the Vicar could inform me of her whereabouts, or maybe I could meet her at Chimes. Also, who else is super excited that the Festival of Actions has been extended to tommorow!?
    *Raises Hand* Me! Lol. I'm enjoying spamming straightforward challenges in the Maze and making a ton of glim and jade fragments and whispers. I'll be so close to my goal once It's all over I'll probably have to start looking for the lease to the Bazaar card and keep it so I have it ready.

20. - Top - End - #380

Congratulations!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

Now that I'm beyond 40 in every stat I still haven't been able to decide between the Nemesis and Heart's Desire ambitions. Since the ambition cannot be changed once chosen, would maybe someone gove some pointers as to how the storylines feel?
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Now that I'm beyond 40 in every stat I still haven't been able to decide between the Nemesis and Heart's Desire ambitions. Since the ambition cannot be changed once chosen, would maybe someone gove some pointers as to how the storylines feel?
    Both are really excellent. I'd say Nemesis is more sinister, with Heart's Desire possibly more mysterious.

23. - Top - End - #383

I'm on the Heart's Desire ambition and loving it, but I know several players quit it. Nemesis revels some of the game's larger secrets and takes you to some very interesting unique places. Heart's Desire on the other hand reveals secrets about some Fallen London characters you might have already met.

I chose Heart's Desire because I liked my character being Persuasive and Watchful, and the idea of the ultimate game seemed appropriate.

Nemesis is more combat focused and action packed. Heart's Desire is more subtle. If you prefer I can spoil a few things that could convince you.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-02-02 at 04:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Heart's Desire unlocks a memorable option for the later stages of your life at court. I've been tempted to switch to it just so I can take that option. Couldn't really tell you much else about it, apart from gathering certain coins being somewhat annoying. I have heard very good things about it though, outside of the coins thing.

Nemesis is the Ambition I'm on. So far it's been Honey, Devils and Tomb Colonies.

Imagine Kill Bill crossed with Sherlock Homes and a little Batman mixed in (no, not the Vake, the other Batman). That's what Nemesis is like. It features big fights and tracking down the trail of a murderer that's been cold for years. There's a major 'Implacable Avenger' motif running through the whole thing, unsuprisingly.

The highlights of the Nemesis Ambition so far are probably the Red Honey, and the big fight in Venderblight, and by fight, I mean something more of a pitched battle between you and a small army that takes multiple actions to complete. You also dig up a few interesting secrets here and there.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-02 at 04:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm on the Bag a Legend Ambition, and I'm loving it. It's got some nice twists and turns, and definitely has some of the best rewards I've seen in-game(A pet that gives +3 Dangerous, a weapon that does the same). Where I"m at now, I certainly wouldn't have envisioned I'd be at back when I started, it's turned out so much more different then I expected(which is a good thing, I hate predictability). Dangerous and Watchful is also what I had planned on making my character from the start, and while all of my qualities are quite close to each other now, I still consider myself to be a very violent but watchful person(ie: assassin!)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-02 at 04:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

The rewards for Nemesis are also quite good. Particularly the +4 Watchful weapon.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Heart's Desire gives a +2 watchful pet quite early on. But then there are those dang coins you need to scrounge up later...

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. Wow.

Just ran into a Stone Pig whilst travelling to Flute Street. And seven marks, with five crossed out? If my guess is right about the meaning of that, I would not want to be around when the seventh city falls.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-02 at 05:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389

Maybe you would.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Theosophisticals believe that this is the fifth age. When the seventh occurs society will attain perfection. Of course, who knows what "perfection" really means.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It was on the flank of a Stone Pig. The marks had been clawed out. The number seven is associated with a certain drowned gentleman. If it involves him and/or the Stone Pigs, I rather doubt that it will be a positive thing.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-02 at 05:51 PM.