New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I forgot that 7 was the number of the those who are Unaccountably Peckish and their master. Though the claws could have been any master. I'm more curious about their wings. Fallen angels or batmen? As often as the masters are associated with bats and echoes it wouldn't surprise me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I forgot that 7 was the number of the those who are Unaccountably Peckish and their master. Though the claws could have been any master. I'm more curious about their wings. Fallen angels or batmen? As often as the masters are associated with bats and echoes it wouldn't surprise me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's another interesting thing you find down there. Some fossils that might be bats, birds or angels.

Though, personally, my money is on bats.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

3. - Top - End - #393

Spoiler
    Show
    Specifically winged creatures descending from towers. I only mention fallen angels because we already have devils, and the bazaar was once between the stars. That's another bonus of Heart's Desire; the creatures who run the Marvelous only play on certain planetary alignments so I have no doubt later on it will revel some major secrets.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I recall mention of something related to that cropping up when you play a certain opera for the Empress. You know the one I mean, I hope.

There's certainly something going on with the Bazaar and celestial bodies.

5. - Top - End - #395

I looked up the specific part you were talking about:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've read the libretto, of course, but you couldn't have imagined the full impact of the work in performance. The Bell and the Candle is erotic beyond the human experience. You find yourself enamoured of the unseen sky. Desperate with desire for the endless spaces between stars. Consumed with furious lust for the striking of bells. What is this doing to you?

This largely refers to the Correspondence, and we have also learned :
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Senior Reader of the Department of ????? was trying to talk to celestial bodies.

Also, the Masters of the Bazaar have shown a unique weakness something to sound. Intoxication? Mr. Wines likes singing, Mr. Pages has a music box, Mr. Chimes is never around when the Bell rings.

The mystery is the best part of the game.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, totally agreed. I just hope they don't lock those answers entirely away behind one of the Ambitions.

I am a bit of a sucker for a good secret myself. Must be why I've been heading NORTH lately.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the Masters of the Bazaar have shown a unique weakness something to sound. Intoxication? Mr. Wines likes singing, Mr. Pages has a music box, Mr. Chimes is never around when the Bell rings.
    Ooh, I never thought about Mr. Pages and Mr. Chimes in connection with Wines like that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wines acts outright intoxicated when you sing for him, oddly. And Mr. Iron never speaks.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

woot! I am very happy. A storyline that I thought had been finished(but suspected wasn't) has in fact returned! Huzzah for the return of
    Spoiler
    Show
    THE EATER OF CHAINS! Just got and succeeded on the first challenge, which was to inspect the scar on my arm ^^ Lost 5 Honey but gained 7 appalling secrets, which is a 95 pence net-gain and I liked how it said the Eater of chains ran by so close the wind from it brushed my arm :)

9. - Top - End - #399

^-That story goes up to 11 currently. The ending is quite satisfying in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean of Neocartography

......and the next one that comes in here asking about going North. Well, let's just say I will put something in their tea, and it won't be sugar. The problem is that half of them will thank me. Terrible people.'
    Tea?

About the Masters, has anyone ever seen two of them in the same place? I believe they are all one person thing and just act radically different to throw off suspicion. This post is completely unserious.

@ Euru, that reaction is why I chose that word. I wonder if we will ever be able to become Special Constables.

Also, has anyone seen the Escapist article about the new pets? Apparently the hound is hungover and the mole is subtle.

*weeps for the loss of his Maverick Bloodhound*

Though it did say there would be 12 pets so there is hope.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-02-02 at 07:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Tea?

About the Masters, has anyone ever seen two of them in the same place? I believe they are all one person thing and just act radically different to throw off suspicion. This post is completely unserious.

@ Euru, that reaction is why I chose that word. I wonder if we will ever be able to become Special Constables.

Also, has anyone seen the Escapist article about the new pets. Apparently the hound is hungover and the mole is subtle.

I'm officially hoping for a Maverick Tortoise.

11. - Top - End - #401

A loose cannon Turtle who plays by his own rules.

+2 to Awesome.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

You can't hide, but you can definitely run.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

^-That story goes up to 11 currently. The ending is quite satisfying in my opinion.

Tea?

Also, has anyone seen the Escapist article about the new pets? Apparently the hound is hungover and the mole is subtle.

Uhh, I'm not sure why you would take the word of the Escapist article over that of our resident Echo Bazaar Developer, Chris Gardiner, who just on the last page of this thread told us a bit about the dog and specifically called it the Maverick Bloodhound. ^^

14. - Top - End - #404

Because on the Failbetter forums Chris himself linked the article.Scroll down for the link.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

I have seen that one thrown about seriously, but I think it's pretty much debunked by the Masters conversing on Twitter.

You can join the Bicycle Squad at a high enough Dangerous.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Because on the Failbetter forums Chris himself linked the article.Scroll down for the link.
    I know the topic you're linking(though I can't get it to load right now). Question is, is that topic NEWER then what Chris posted on here, which was literally just yesterday at 5 in the morning? Since the last time I was on the Failbetter forums was 2 days ago, and that topic was already there, I'm willing to bet that things have(apparently) changed ^^

To be more specific here is the exact quote from Chris yesterday at 5:08 in the morning:

One of us regulars here on GITP Mentioning it:
    On other news, what does everyone think of the creatures teased at the Echo Bazaar twitter feed? Devious Moles, Haunted Bloodhounds, Magnificent Turtles (sadly real names have not been released yet).
    Chris Replying to it
    A sneaky bit of inside info for you all: the bloodhound is a Maverick Bloodhound. He will do Whatever it Takes to Get the Job Done.
    So, from what I can tell, it's gone from being the "haunted bloodhound" which would imply it being drunken and what not, to "Maverick Bloodhound".
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-02 at 07:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407

Unfortunately I've been kicked off the squad.

I've also made a fool of myself by failing to realize that the dog in the pictures is not a terrier. It is a Bloodhound. God willing a Maverick Bloodhound.

I'm just going to go over here and try to *puts on sunglasses* fail better.

EDIT-The link is for an article written posted February 1st (yesterday) at 3:15 PM. Just this post's point still stands that I'm a fool and Bloodhounds are not Terriers.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-02-02 at 08:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408

Extra update from Echo Bazaar Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Echo Bazaar
    Fallen London is about to have some charming new faces. A grubby kitten. A Maverick Bloodhound. A Subtle Mole. A Bandaged Raven. A Partisan Messenger Tortoise.

Which of them will you take under your wing, dearest friends, and what will you name the little darling?
    Many humble apologies for my misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-02-02 at 08:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Extra update from Echo Bazaar Facebook

Many humble apologies for my misunderstanding.
    :) np, mistakes happen, and considering the time stamp on the post linking to the escapist article and Chris post yesterday morning, I can see where confusion could easily happen ^^

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, I can't decide, Maverick Bloodhound or Grubby Kitten?

Or do I simply continue with what I have.

I have a Tiger. Do you have a Tiger?

21. - Top - End - #411

No, I have an owl. Is your tiger bifucated?

As for the pets, I want them all. Someone on the Echo Bazaar forum suggested they might be Connected related.

Grubby Kitten-> Urchins
    Maverick Bloodhound-> Constables
    Subtle Mole-> Criminals
    Partial Messenger Turtle-> Revolutionaries
    Bandaged raven-> Tomb Colonies
    Hungover Terrier-> The Docks

I can see how they came up with that theory. Even if these new companions aren't faction related I'm really excited about them.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-02-02 at 09:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Thankfully not. That owl is probably the most disturbing thing I've encountered in Fallen London, and I've met two Spider Councils.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mr. Gardiner, do you know if there's a way to unlink my Facebook account from my Echo Bazaar account? I have both FB and Twitter but I'd rather go through my Twitter alone if possible. I started through my FB, so my real name shows up and I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with that. Also I imagine it's confusing for those who follow @FelicityChase and then can't find her in the list of friends. If not, that's fine, just wondering :)

24. - Top - End - #414
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    Mr. Gardiner, do you know if there's a way to unlink my Facebook account from my Echo Bazaar account?
    sure - just email [email protected] with the request and include your character name. We'll sort it out for you.

And "Chris" is fine, by the way. :)

25. - Top - End - #415

Subtle Mole-> Criminals
    Hungover Terrier-> The Docks
    These two are wrong. ;)

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gardiner View Post
    These two are wrong. ;)
    Hmm, I could see the Hungover Terrier as being associated with The Bohemians, and the Subtle Mole with The Orient(not sure why, just strikes me as a good fit).

27. - Top - End - #417

So they are based on connections. Clearly the Subtle Mole represents the Masters of the Bazaar. The Masters are Mole Men!! Its why they drag cities into the neath.

Kitten Urchins
    Bloodhound Constables
    Terrier
    Raven Tomb Colonies
    Mole
    Turtle Revolutionaries
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Excluding the Masters, Summerset, Benthic, the Duchess, Glass, and Shroud, that leaves

Bohemian, Docks, Orient, Rubbery, Hell, Society, Criminals, Church, The Great Game,

So of those 9 we have eight pets. The Duchess might be a connected group but I tried to exclude groups that have no connection based items. That left a large number of contacts so I removed those I could. With only so many new pets coming out I didn't think one for both of the University groups would be added.

Perhaps the Mole is a member of the Great Game.

Also Chris, could you please tell us how to get in contact with the Implacable Detective? And thanks for the heads up!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gardiner View Post
    sure - just email [email protected] with the request and include your character name. We'll sort it out for you.

And "Chris" is fine, by the way. :)
    Thank you! Sending an email shortly

Also, I got a coffee just now, so it hasn't stopped at least.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    Thank you! Sending an email shortly

Also, I got a coffee just now, so it hasn't stopped at least.
    Sigh, must be nice :) Congrats though, I am glad to know they are still around :) I must just be on an incredibly bad run of luck regarding them right now.

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Hmm, I could see the Hungover Terrier as being associated with The Bohemians
    Perhaps the Mole is a member of the Great Game.
    Nicely done!

Also Chris, could you please tell us how to get in contact with the Implacable Detective? And thanks for the heads up!
    You can now get her business card through a couple of old opportunity cards where you meet her - the card is usable and opens the new investigation missions, I think.