New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Ah, thanks. I had also been wondering what that graffiti was about, but I couldn't put 2 and 2 together. Kinda embarassing for a scholar of my caliber.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    There's a storylet in Ladybones Road, the one about the graffiti. If you do that, it sends the message about a week later.
    Really? Hmm, I should be getting a card about it soon, or something, because I did that one just about a week ago, like, a day after it was posted up here.

edit: And, I just got it. Didn't get the same kind of reward as the previous poster. I got "A twist in your tale: You are now Fingerwork", I got 1 memory of light, some watchful increase, and "Your recalling a dream of other places" quality is now gone.

I picked the Mirror option.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-23 at 07:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Really? Hmm, I should be getting a card about it soon, or something, because I did that one just about a week ago, like, a day after it was posted up here.

edit: And, I just got it. Didn't get the same kind of reward as the previous poster. I got "A twist in your tale: You are now Fingerwork", I got 1 memory of light, some watchful increase, and "Your recalling a dream of other places" quality is now gone.

I picked the Mirror option.
    Each of the three options on it gives a different one of The Gates of the Garden/The Eyes of Icarus/Fingerwork, qualities which can also be gained from the connections pets and viewing the Exceptional Rose.

Beyond that, the Watchful increase you get depends on the option you pick. The higher the Watchful requirement, the greater the increase. The one with the Watchful requirement of 40 gives well over a hundred change points.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Each of the three options on it gives a different one of The Gates of the Garden/The Eyes of Icarus/Fingerwork, qualities which can also be gained from the connections pets and viewing the Exceptional Rose.

Beyond that, the Watchful increase you get depends on the option you pick. The higher the Watchful requirement, the greater the increase. The one with the Watchful requirement of 40 gives well over a hundred change points.
    Yeah, I uhh...kinda realized that a few minutes ago. I'm pretty sure I went from 99 almost to 100, to 101, almost to 102(literally my next challenge put me on 102). I was flabbergasted!

Just so you know, I'm thinking this is repeatable, as I went back to ladybones road and studied the grafitti again, and got the dream quality again ^^ So I guess I'll be aiming for all 3 of those finishers.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-23 at 10:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Just so you know, I'm thinking this is repeatable, as I went back to ladybones road and studied the grafitti again, and got the dream quality again ^^ So I guess I'll be aiming for all 3 of those finishers.
    It totally is.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

It totally is.
    lmao. Sad that it takes an entire week to get the next dream :-(. ahh well, I'm having fun going through the University at the moment, trying to raise all of my qualities to a base 100 without equipment(though, I actually already did that with the University, I just want to find out who killed the Senior reader now! Such excellent storytelling in this game).

Edit: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Yes, it can haz cheeseburger. It can haz anything it wants!

That popped up as the Echo title when echoing one of the Starveling Cat rhymes. That was so awesomely hilarious :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-24 at 06:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

I've made my choice in this Diocesan Intrigue. I will follow the Bishop, if only to find out more. (And because I really like the character. He's one of my favourites along with the Amused Lordship)

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I've made my choice in this Diocesan Intrigue. I will follow the Bishop, if only to find out more. (And because I really like the character. He's one of my favourites along with the Amused Lordship)
    I also made my choice, for different reasons. I think it's a worthy challenge...

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I have a question for those of you who have completed up to University tales 30.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you still have gotten booted if you had blamed the consumption cryptozoologist(or whatever she was) instead of the Provost? I just had to go with what I felt was right and I had to blame him. Just annoyed I've been thrown out of the University >< Btw, where am I supposed to raise my watchful at now?
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-26 at 02:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

So, I have a question for those of you who have completed up to University tales 30.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you still have gotten booted if you had blamed the consumption cryptozoologist(or whatever she was) instead of the Provost? I just had to go with what I felt was right and I had to blame him. Just annoyed I've been thrown out of the University >< Btw, where am I supposed to raise my watchful at now?
    I believe all it does is let you skip having to re-establish your academic credentials. Unfortunately, that puts you right at the content cap for now.

It might also block you off from the other stuff you can do in the mean time. Which is Solving Cases Around London (via Opportunity Cards, unlocks Flute Street with Fate, very much worth it) and Embarking on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery (needs a ship).
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-26 at 07:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're a person of some importance you can do a(albeit rather long) grind grind of unfinished business at Watchmaker's Hill

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Wilmot's End might work for watchful-grinding, once you unlock it. And there's plenty of places to sail to that have Watchful options.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

The best option though, is to use the graffiti in Ladybones road and work on other qualities whilst you wait for that to go through.

Incidentally, my Watchful hit the 130 cap today.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    I also made my choice, for different reasons. I think it's a worthy challenge...
    I chose a different option.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This plan will lead to disaster, and the Bazaar pays well.

The best option though, is to use the graffiti in Ladybones road and work on other qualities whilst you wait for that to go through.

Incidentally, my Watchful hit the 130 cap today.
    Congratulations.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    I chose a different option.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This plan will lead to disaster, and the Bazaar pays well.

Congratulations.
    Ooh. May I ask what rewards you got?

16. - Top - End - #526

Spoiler
    Show

Connections with people things in high places and two tomes of an uncanny nature. Also, the title "Fist of the Bazaar 34". I am apparently on the Bazaar's premier agents.

What rewards did you earn?

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, so the Ambitious Barrister was NOT kidding when she said things on the sidestreets were going to be expensive. I think I'm going to end up bankrupting myself just to get that damn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Velocipede
    . Please, someone tell me that that is the only thing I'm going to have to make before I get to become
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Person of Some Importance
    . Damn whirling contraption is going to absolutely bankrupt me trying to afford it. Already got my Legal document and Strong-Backed muscle, neither of which were too terribly bad.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

You're almost at the end. It is indeed the only thing you have to make.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

If your Shadowy is high enough, you could head off to Wilmot's End and get a Whirring Contraption there. You don't actually need to be a PoSI to do that, and it's the most effective way to get one.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Connections with people things in high places and two tomes of an uncanny nature. Also, the title "Fist of the Bazaar 34". I am apparently on the Bazaar's premier agents.

What rewards did you earn?
    If I remember right...

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hellfarer" at 34 as a quality, "A Bringer of Death" massive increase (from 2 to about 34), and of course connections with the Church. I don't remember if there was much in the way of material rewards, but I don't believe so.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

So. I need a Starveling Cat (that Mr. Eaten stuff is killing me). If anyone is generous enough to loan me one, my twitter name is PanjDagger. I will return the cat to the owner as soon as I'm done with the thing. Thanks a bunch in advance
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    So. I need a Starveling Cat (that Mr. Eaten stuff is killing me). If anyone is generous enough to loan me one, my twitter name is PanjDagger. I will return the cat to the owner as soon as I'm done with the thing. Thanks a bunch in advance
    I don't believe you can loan them for that, actually, as I think it uses up the cat.

You'll also need more than one.

Might I recommend the thread on the FB forums dedicated to cat-passing?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm currently using mine (I'm on my second cat). Three down, four to go.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    I'll be sure to pass along any boxed cats I might come across, and I'd appreciate if some soul was kind enough (even if stained) to send some my way. May we all find what we seek.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! As of 5 something this morning, I am a Person of Some Importance ^^ huzzah!

Edit: I have a quick question for anyone who might know: Where do you come across the "Regretful Soldier"? I've seen options requiring a connection to him pop up both in the Person of Some Importance storyline, and in the House of Chimes, and I think maybe even somewhere else, but I've never come across him before.

Also, the Implacable Detective? When does he/she come in?
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-27 at 03:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

IIRC the Regretful Soldier requires your Death of Water dreams to be high enough.

I've yet to meet the Implacable Detective.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Woot! As of 5 something this morning, I am a Person of Some Importance ^^ huzzah!

Edit: I have a quick question for anyone who might know: Where do you come across the "Regretful Soldier"? I've seen options requiring a connection to him pop up both in the Person of Some Importance storyline, and in the House of Chimes, and I think maybe even somewhere else, but I've never come across him before.

Also, the Implacable Detective? When does he/she come in?
    Congrats. Welcome to the grind.

The Regretful Soldier can be unlocked via the Opportunity Card 'Deal with a drunk old soldier' in Watchmakers Hill. Take the Persuasive option. Needs Dangerous 45 to unlock.

A variety of opportunity cards and storylets feature the Implacable Detective. Unfortunately the only repeatable ones for a PoSI are 'The Constables are closing in' opportunity card unlocked at Suspicion 3 (choose to taunt the detective), and the one that lets you trade Connected: The Constables for Watchful.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-27 at 03:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538

Just got my casing up to 50.

*raises glass to new person of some importance*
    You still have some stories to unlock before you become content capped. Enjoy them.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Just got my casing up to 50.

*raises glass to new person of some importance*
    You still have some stories to unlock before you become content capped. Enjoy them.
    That's not excessive at all.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

I don't believe you can loan them for that, actually, as I think it uses up the cat.

You'll also need more than one.

Might I recommend the thread on the FB forums dedicated to cat-passing?
    Thanks for the link. And I can't seem to get that cat in box. Or anything really, how much layers do I need to unwrap?
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3