New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Whee! Finally saved up enough Bazaar Permits to get my first 4 Card lodging.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Whee! Finally saved up enough Bazaar Permits to get my first 4 Card lodging.
    Lease at Bazaar? My 4 cards lodging is at Brass Embassy, it's nice and cozy
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Lease at Bazaar? My 4 cards lodging is at Brass Embassy, it's nice and cozy
    Yep. I originally wanted a reservation at the Royal Bethlehem, but ended up having a few Bazaar Permits already from other things. Figured I'd go for the shortest grind.

Went surprisingly quickly, thanks to a little larceny. Or, you know, a whole lot of larceny and a bit of organised crime.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bazaar Premises is nice and, I believe, gives more scrap than any of the other four card lodgings. I frequently wander between it and my room at the Brass Embassy.

Now to go find my soul again.

The Starvling Cat,
    The Starvling Cat
    Stole my soul,
    But i'll deal with that.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Orc in the Playground

Well, at the time I was going after 4 cards lodgings I wasn't A Person of Some Importance. So I just took a couple of months to grind for Embassy to be done with it. I like it there, actually.
    ---

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

New content!

Calender council? The true identity of Jack? Or a pile of clothes animated by Polythreme?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

7. - Top - End - #607
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    New content!

Calender council? The true identity of Jack? Or a pile of clothes animated by Polythreme?
    Jack is a big pile of clothes animated by Polythreme?! That explains how he travels "between" bodies - he just takes them over!

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any real use for Infernal Contracts or Relics of the Second/Fourth City? None of them are conversion items, and I've yet to come across anything they can be used for, but I'd hate to sell them(trying to buy some new Watchful items) and then come to find out that there is actually a use for them after-all.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Is there any real use for Infernal Contracts or Relics of the Second/Fourth City? None of them are conversion items, and I've yet to come across anything they can be used for, but I'd hate to sell them(trying to buy some new Watchful items) and then come to find out that there is actually a use for them after-all.
    Third City Relics are used to make Collections of Curiosities, but I don't know of anything that Collections are actually required for, and you can always get them from the War of Assassins if needed. I don't know of any current uses for contracts, unless you're in the Soul Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    New content!

New content? Where?!

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Infernal Contracts are useful if you're a Shepard of Souls. You can hand over large quantities of Contracts and Souls for one of the most efficient menace reducers I know of, plus massive amounts of certain connections.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-03-13 at 08:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you check the Echo Bazaar twitter feed, they posted a picture that hints at upcoming content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    Jack is a big pile of clothes animated by Polythreme?! That explains how he travels "between" bodies - he just takes them over!
    [.][.]
    -----
    Shh, thats a secret.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2012-03-13 at 01:55 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, exactly one week shy of 3 months, I finally got another Darkdrop coffee from Echoing ^^ I was starting to despair that I'd ever see one again.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Aha! I espy new content!

Polythreme Ho!
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2012-03-15 at 09:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I finished one of the map-hunts so far, so we'll see how long it takes for the result to get here.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

So, what's the place to grind primordial shrieks? Trying to progress in the "Acquire a ship" storylet, and need the shrieks to convert into Maniacs and Correspondence Plaques.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Ladybones Road unfinished business. You can net them fifty at a time there.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Ladybones Road unfinished business. You can net them fifty at a time there.
    That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any other spots that might give a few more then that.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that I can think of. There's some in the Labyrinth, but that doesn't have the same repeatability.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

well, now I'm onto the next step, and I'm having trouble finding a good spot for the various wines. What wine should I farm, and where at? I need to acquire a Cellar of Wine. I already(surprisingly) have the other stuff. Just need the Cellar of wine now. I THOUGHT that I would be able to transmute the 1879's, so I used that 5 turn action in Veilgarden(unfinished business) to get 520 of them a shot, but then found out they can't be converted(kinda odd decision there).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-03-18 at 02:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Ladybones Road: Unfinished Business: A Tradition Developed After the Fall

Rewards 50 of the 1882

Alternatively, if you've finished the Empress's Court, there's an action in Wolfstack: Waiting for Your Ship, that rewards 2 Strangling Willow Absinthe, which is a better option to take.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Ladybones Road: Unfinished Business: A Tradition Developed After the Fall

Rewards 50 of the 1882

Alternatively, if you've finished the Empress's Court, there's an action in Wolfstack: Waiting for Your Ship, that rewards 2 Strangling Willow Absinthe, which is a better option to take.
    Damn that sucks. I got tired of grinding through making my "Epic poems" and stuff, so I haven't finished that section yet. Le'Sigh. Oh well, back to grinding on the 1882's.

So I wonder why they chose to not let you convert the 1879's into 1882s?

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, So I just got done completing enough Free offers to acquire 30ish fate(once it's all rewarded). I'm wondering, what should I spend it on? What Fate-Locked storyline would you go with? Right now, I am considering the following:

Flute Street
    Secrets Hidden in Gold(Something to do with a painting)
    The Bishop storyline(might be able to get my hound of heaven!)
    A GOOD Ship.(Looking at probably the Submarine)

Any other suggestions? I'd like as much input as possible on this, because the other "Free" fate options require trying to sign up for Auto-Insurance quotes, and I'm not interested in switching from my current provider, and I don't want to download and install random games either. I'm pretty sure I"m forgetting one other specific storyline that I was interested in, but I imagine someone will mention it.

Also: I guess I can't complain about the DarkDrop Coffee. I got it back to back nights, lol. About time though, it had been nearly 3 months without.

edit: Oh yeah, now I remember! The fifth one I was highly considering was The Merchant of Souls storylet.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-03-19 at 06:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I would advise the Bishop's storyline. It raises some very intriguing questions. (Also, the Bishop is a great character).

That said, the Merchant of Souls can have some very useful benefits.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, the good options are the Soul Trade, Diocesan Intrigue and Flute Street.

I'd recommend the Diocesan Intrigue, personally, then pick up Flute Street at some point in the future.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so that's two votes for the Bishop storyline, and 2 secondary votes for The Merchant of Souls storyline. If anyone would like to weigh in(and also feel free to contribute other storylines that can be unlocked by fate, I'd like to know all my options), please to do so, the more information, the easier it will be for me to make my decision.

On another note: Lampslighter Beeswax! Where can I find it in high quantities? I'm sorry for having to constantly ask stuff like this, but my memory sucks with this kind of stuff, and for whatever reason, the wikia site is not up to date on what storylets give what items, especially at higher-levels.

Sadly I forgot that Candles don't transmute into Scarabs, which is kind of annoying, as I grinded out 2k of them, as I need scarabs and Memories of Light to get a Whirring Contraption to proceed with acquiring my new ship. As it turns out, it's the Beeswax that I need, and I know that I saw it somewhere in quantities of 100 or even higher, I just can't remember where ><

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

Unfinished Business, in Ladybones Road. One that has something to do with presents, and has a wraped box as an icon.
    ---

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

Also bear in mind, the fate-locked portions of the Velocipede Squad and Foreign Office will eventually be available to you.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! I finally finished the "Seeking the meaning of the Plaster Face" storyline ^^ Now just need to wait for the opportunity card to show up so I can finally get me my Albino rat :)

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

So, is there any major use for Touching Love stories, or Bazaar permits? I"m wondering, because as of this moment, I have like 41 of the Touching love stories, and I seem to be accumulating them awfully fast. The rare success on the courier chasing over in Spite(Unfinished Business) seems to be more often then the non-rare success(and getting on my nerves as well, I NEED those 40 stolen correspondence, and getting 20 instead is pissing me off). I'm just wondering if either or is particularly useful(stories or permits), if not, I'm just going to convert the love stories and hope for a rare success, then sell the permits, would like to finish up buying some watchful items.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

So, is there any major use for Touching Love stories, or Bazaar permits? I"m wondering, because as of this moment, I have like 41 of the Touching love stories, and I seem to be accumulating them awfully fast. The rare success on the courier chasing over in Spite(Unfinished Business) seems to be more often then the non-rare success(and getting on my nerves as well, I NEED those 40 stolen correspondence, and getting 20 instead is pissing me off). I'm just wondering if either or is particularly useful(stories or permits), if not, I'm just going to convert the love stories and hope for a rare success, then sell the permits, would like to finish up buying some watchful items.
    Using Bazaar Permits is the best way to get one of the four card residences. You'll need 50 of them, so I'd keep saving those Touching Love Stories.

Beyond that, you do need a few for certain PoSI items.