New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Using Bazaar Permits is the best way to get one of the four card residences. You'll need 50 of them, so I'd keep saving those Touching Love Stories.

Beyond that, you do need a few for certain PoSI items.
    Ah-Hah! That's cool, I already have a 4-card residence, but I wouldn't mind snagging a second one(assuming the permits isn't required for the one I already have, which is the lease at the bazaar). That's what I was wondering, if there was any use for them beyond the PoSI stuff.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Ah-Hah! That's cool, I already have a 4-card residence, but I wouldn't mind snagging a second one(assuming the permits isn't required for the one I already have, which is the lease at the bazaar). That's what I was wondering, if there was any use for them beyond the PoSI stuff.
    Unfortunately, they are used for the Lease at the Bazaar.

Apart from that, you only need two permits. One to get a ship, one to get a Clay Sedan Chair.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately, they are used for the Lease at the Bazaar.

Apart from that, you only need two permits. One to get a ship, one to get a Clay Sedan Chair.
    Oh. Well, that works then ^^ I guess I"ll have some extra echoes to muck around with. Going to need them now.

So, apparently the wikia is considerably out of date, and not just in regards to what options give what rewards, but also to the cost of certain things. I have been laboring under the assumption that any ship besides a Tramp Steamer is going to cost fate to acquire, however such does not appear to be the case. Of course, It almost seems as though paying the fate would be EASIER, as to get my Zubmarine that I want, it's going to require 20 Strong Back Labored, 30 Whirring Contraptions, and 7 Bejeweled lens! That's going to probably take me the next month to grind out, and that's WITH using about 80-120 actions a day. Talk about a fortune! I'm pretty sure the cost of that is going to be about 2-3x more then a 4-Card Residence did.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Orc in the Playground

I actually shelled out cash for Fate to get my Ship (Majestic Pleasure Yacht, of course ). Not because I didn't want to grind, but to actually give Failbetter Games some money after all this playing for free. And the grind would be so loooong anyways, so I took the shortcut.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm looking for a way to increase my Connected:Bohemian quality. I haven't seen the Kaleidoscope church card in a looooonnnggg time, and I need to up my Bohemian connections to 25 so I can advance in my ambition(for now the other option to progress is out of my reach). The items you can buy in the Bazaar only work up to 20 or whatever, so that's out of the question(not to mention expensive!) as my connected is at 22 with them.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you haven't been kicked out of the Empress Court you can continue to write masterpieces. That increases connected every time.

The church/bohemian conflict card is the only reliable way I know of for persons of some importance. If efficiency doesn't matter, talking to the Sardomic Music Hall Singer gives 1 change point per action. Assuming you have exactly connected 22, that would require 72 actions to increase it to connected 25.

Sadly thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Also, anyone play The Blind Pianist and the Sallow Sprifter besides me? Its been eye opening to say the least.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

So, any luck on ye olde Starveling Cat yet Bodez? None for me yet, I haven't even unwrapped many cats, mostly just spiders trying to attack me, lol.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

So, any luck on ye olde Starveling Cat yet Bodez? None for me yet, I haven't even unwrapped many cats, mostly just spiders trying to attack me, lol.
    Rare successes on that are actually pretty rare, funnily enough. I know that even with all the boxed cats I've passed around, I've only ever received one Starveling so far.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Orc in the Playground

I died, once. Got a few successes. But Cat yet, sadly. I'm actually content with that, it's not like something good will happen if I open it, only bad things are coming that way. But can't stop trying now I suppose.
    ---

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I guess sooner or later we'll get lucky and get a nice little Starveling Cat :) In the meantime, I am officially starting my grind for the materials necessary to actually get my zubmarine. Going to be a loooonggg loooooonnngg road. 20 Strong Backed Labour, 30 Whirring Contraptions and 7 lens. Starting on the Whirring contraptions first, figure I'll grind out 10k Lampslighter Beeswax to start, then go from there to see how much more I'll need. I'm actually figuring probably around 50k of those to convert to the necessary Beetles and Memories of Light. Going to take a ton of turns because once I get to the beetles I'll just be converting small amounts in the hopes of actually making a bit of profit off of rare successes.

So what is everyone else up to lately in Echo Bazaar? Anyone going to enter in the contest to try to win an Overgoat?

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Sitting in Polythreme being annoyed at my clothing. Also slightly bored. I've done almost all of the content that doesn't require Fate and don't have much to do any more. (The last piece of content requires a Starvling Cat and mine keep running off with my soul)

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground

Running through the Foreign Office, at long last. Sided with the Teeth, then switched over to the Face. Might switch over to the Teeth again.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Orc in the Playground

Doing that Shadowy thing where you become the boss of the thieves of something (haven't got very far yet). Farming 8 Use of villany for now, should be done tommorow. And looking for that darn Cat
    ---

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also in the long, long grind for a zubmarine, with the occasional break to finish up some storyline or another. Halfway there within the week. It's much faster if you grind whirring contraptions and labour directly in wilmot's end than if you grind the basic stuff to convert.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I'm also in the long, long grind for a zubmarine, with the occasional break to finish up some storyline or another. Halfway there within the week. It's much faster if you grind whirring contraptions and labour directly in wilmot's end than if you grind the basic stuff to convert.
    Really? I was considering doing that myself, but I wasn't sure which would be faster.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. It's about 35 actions per contraption/labour in wilmot's end. IIRC, it's about 3000 beeswax per contraption otherwise, which takes 150 actions just to grind in unfinished business. It's a significant difference, even if we don't count the actions needed for the conversions themselves..
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

17. - Top - End - #647

Trying to win an overgoat but my tweets don't show up when I search #fallenlondon. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Also grinding Connected the Masters to 10.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Yeah. It's about 35 actions per contraption/labour in wilmot's end. IIRC, it's about 3000 beeswax per contraption otherwise, which takes 150 actions just to grind in unfinished business. It's a significant difference, even if we don't count the actions needed for the conversions themselves..
    Sweet! Thanks for the good tip there, I'll be headed to wilmots end now, and I"ll just stay there until I've managed to grind out all the contraptions and strong-backed labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Trying to win an overgoat but my tweets don't show up when I search #fallenlondon. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Also grinding Connected the Masters to 10.
    Hehe. Good luck with that! I challenge you to burn 10k Proscribed materials for the tiny bit of connected that it will give!

19. - Top - End - #649

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe. Good luck with that! I challenge you to burn 10k Proscribed materials for the tiny bit of connected that it will give!
    Did that a while back.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally checking out that whole "Plaster Rogues and Back-Ally Saints" thing. If I talk to the Spirifer or Pianist, will that make me unable to speak with the Constable or Cheery Man?

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Finally checking out that whole "Plaster Rogues and Back-Ally Saints" thing. If I talk to the Spirifer or Pianist, will that make me unable to speak with the Constable or Cheery Man?
    Nope, you can do both of those stories. You will have to go back to the Gossip to refill a quality at certain points though.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-03-30 at 05:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I understand there's some manner of story for Persons of Some Importance to meet the Soft Hearted Widow again? Is this started through an opportunity card, or is there a specific area you have to check?

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    So, I understand there's some manner of story for Persons of Some Importance to meet the Soft Hearted Widow again? Is this started through an opportunity card, or is there a specific area you have to check?
    It's an opportunity card, though as far as I can tell it's not an actual story, just a single card.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, I finally reached the content boundary of my Ambition: Bag a Legend(Hunting the vake). Which is probably a good thing, since I need a ship to continue it once they do add more to it.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Whoo! I finally got all my main stats up to the cap.

27. - Top - End - #657

Congratulations!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoo! I finally got all my main stats up to the cap.
    Damn, that's awesome man, congratulations! I'm about 5 away on watchful, 8 away on Dangerous, 12 away on Persuasive, and 15 away on Shadowy.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Halfling in the Playground

Hi all. Sorry - been super-busy and absent too long. How's everyone doing? All good? Busy times at FBG towers, lately...

And congrats, Tome! I'm not sure when the next stat-cap increase is happening, but you've probably got a while to enjoy being at those lofty heights. How's the view from up there?

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gardiner View Post
    Hi all. Sorry - been super-busy and absent too long. How's everyone doing? All good? Busy times at FBG towers, lately...

And congrats, Tome! I'm not sure when the next stat-cap increase is happening, but you've probably got a while to enjoy being at those lofty heights. How's the view from up there?
    Oh, it's excellent. If only that darn Numismatrix would turn up... There's also this person who's been lurking behind my shoulder for a while now and won't show their face.

I'd take another trip to Polythreme to explore the new content, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to keep my Someone is Coming and Having Rodentine Minions Investigate. So I must wait.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-04-03 at 07:08 AM.