New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #691
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Just wanted to give a quick public thank you to Ryenke - great feedback!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Very very happy. Finally completed the highest level of an opportunity card that I've been drawing since I started this game. I traded 5 Cellars of wine for a single bottle of "Fourth city Airag: Year of the Tortoise" Even got 30 First City Coins with it as well :)

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

This is the third time I waste ~10 actions by getting an extra point of dramatic tension. How annoying.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm still rather confused - what are the consequences of losing one's soul, beyond not being able to continue in Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name (w/o fate) and getting a different storylet card?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kella View Post
    I'm still rather confused - what are the consequences of losing one's soul, beyond not being able to continue in Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name (w/o fate) and getting a different storylet card?
    There aren't that many consequences to it, actually. I think the only other difference is that a small number of the options in the university are a little different.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-04-14 at 05:19 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

There is also the inability to appreciate beauty, music, or any form of joy. And who knows what happens to souls in Hell.

But according to the game it would help make you a better lawyer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

7. - Top - End - #697
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    There is also the inability to appreciate beauty, music, or any form of joy. And who knows what happens to souls in Hell.

But according to the game it would help make you a better lawyer.
    Not sure if losing soul is going to be compatible with aligning with the bohemians, then.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Bodez, where you been at on the game? It keeps telling me you're exiled, imprisoned, or worse. Been trying to send you a cat for like a week ^^

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

I am stuck. Like, in a worst way possible. I am in Polythreme, trying to work my way through content there. Only problem is that it's all luck based, you need to get Fascinating or Investigating to 12 in 10 tries, and most choices are made with "a matter of luck" cards.
    I actually found out that there is a ton of content across Unterzee that I didn't explore, because last time I was playing there was only those two islands (can't remember the names). I'm having fun cruising around on my Yacht.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Best way is to do bribe actions for the first seven, then trade investigating or fascinating. You can earn the required stuff in polythreme.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I figured that out after a couple of tries. Like, 10 of them. I got more then 1000 Maniac's Prayers, so it's all good.
    ---

12. - Top - End - #702

Careful use of opportunity cards is key in Polythreme, too.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Whoo! Just got my second four card residence!

Such interesting neighbours, here at the Royal Bethlehem.

I think I'll pass on the brass embassy though. I've seen enough of the nature of hell to know better, and I doubt there are any interesting secrets in there anyway - beyond the ones I've already stolen at least.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-04-16 at 09:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm curious, how many Scraps do people have saved up? Do you ever spend them on anything? Is it technically possible to get +20 in gear in order snag one of the 150(attribute) 150(scraps) item from the Relickers? I already have the 150 saved up, just waiting till I have the spare echoes to see if I can take an attribute up to 150 so I can trade them in

15. - Top - End - #705
    Barbarian in the Playground

I tend to have about 200 Scraps on average. If I don't really need any of the items I just ask them to examine an armful of scraps. And I always use lodgings cards when those show up, too.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Wow, I must ask, where do you get that much Scraps? I have less then 20, and I have been using every lodgings card I had for Scrap.
    Also, Tome, come to Brass Embassy! Fungus is always well done, company is charming, and warm baths are godsend!
    ---

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Wow, I must ask, where do you get that much Scraps? I have less then 20, and I have been using every lodgings card I had for Scrap.
    Also, Tome, come to Brass Embassy! Fungus is always well done, company is charming, and warm baths are godsend!
    When the relickers come around you can ask them to recertify some of your scraps. If you do a double arm load, you'll gain 20 scraps ^^ A single armload and you'll gain 10. Be warned though, you can fail and lose 18 and 8 scraps respectively. I'll be honest, I've never bothered with the lower numbers of them ^^ Also, I would have had 350+. but I've spent 200 scraps on Muscaria brandy on two separate occasions so I could get my correspondence stones back.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So, I'm curious, how many Scraps do people have saved up? Do you ever spend them on anything? Is it technically possible to get +20 in gear in order snag one of the 150(attribute) 150(scraps) item from the Relickers? I already have the 150 saved up, just waiting till I have the spare echoes to see if I can take an attribute up to 150 so I can trade them in
    I have 350 at the moment, mostly due to not spending any yet. I'm actually saving them for when we can access the other options the Relickers offer.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I didn't know you can gain Scrap from Relickers. And there was I, confesing my sins and troubles to them.
    ---

20. - Top - End - #710

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Whoo! Just got my second four card residence!

Such interesting neighbours, here at the Royal Bethlehem.

I think I'll pass on the brass embassy though. I've seen enough of the nature of hell to know better, and I doubt there are any interesting secrets in there anyway - beyond the ones I've already stolen at least.
    Congratulations!
    I must agree that the Embassy's price is a little too......ruthless for my taste. The Bazaar and Bethlehem are far nicer.

As for scraps, I have about 1050 right now. Each scrap is worth about 50 pence, so I only use the 4 card residences to gather them. Saving up for the big prizes.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

21. - Top - End - #711

The living gloves have new art. I kind of preferred the old art personally, much like I preferred the old rat art.

I don't mind change, but I don't see why they keep changing perfectly good art.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712

I don't mind change, but I don't see why they keep changing perfectly good art.
    I'm sorry, but the fingers on the old glove? They were not good art. :)

Those fingers had problems. There may have been the wrong number of them. I don't know. But something was going on there, and it wasn't something good. For every person who liked the old glove, another ten people had their minds blasted from sanity by it. You should see the bug reports: "The joints! The impossible joints!"

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gardiner View Post

Those fingers had problems. There may have been the wrong number of them. I don't know. But something was going on there, and it wasn't something good. For every person who liked the old glove, another ten people had their minds blasted from sanity by it. You should see the bug reports: "The joints! The impossible joints!"
    I wasn't a fan of the old art, I must say.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Every single time I've had a relicker recertify scrap I am unlucky. (Well, I did succeed one single time). I get an occasional scrap, they eventually add up enough to use the relickers and I lose it. Again and again, and again....

I'm not kidding. I don't know how I'll ever save any scrap at all.

Low level player here (mostly in 40's) - so my question is will I eventually get opportunities that don't depend on relickers to augment my meager scrap pile? B/c I'm wondering if with my luck I shouldn't recertify at all.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
    Low level player here (mostly in 40's) - so my question is will I eventually get opportunities that don't depend on relickers to augment my meager scrap pile? B/c I'm wondering if with my luck I shouldn't recertify at all.
    The best way to accumulate scraps is just to completely ignore the Relickers. Just save the scraps you get from every Lodgings card that pops up and you'll slowly accumulate a decent number, particularly as you get towards the more expensive lodgings.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally! My zubmarine is ready! The mysteries of the deep are mine to explore!
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

27. - Top - End - #717

A zubmarine! Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gardiner View Post

Ah, if I had known others had disliked it I wouldn't have commented. That being said, I do think the new art is nice.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The best way to accumulate scraps is just to completely ignore the Relickers. Just save the scraps you get from every Lodgings card that pops up and you'll slowly accumulate a decent number, particularly as you get towards the more expensive lodgings.
    Actually, I've gotten the majority of my scraps via the relickers. Maybe 50-75 of the total 350 I've accumulated(I've spent 200 as previously mentioned) came from Lodgings. I have pretty damn good luck with the recertifying double and single armfuls

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Finally! My zubmarine is ready! The mysteries of the deep are mine to explore!
    Sigh. Where is the "Jealous" smiley when you need one! Congratulations though, that's pretty amazing! I'm close to being done on my whirring contraptions, but then I have to get all of my Strong-Backed Labours, then the Lens thingies for my own Zubmarine

On another note, I am officially 1 full bar away from Level 18 Dreams of Thunder :) Just plopped down on level 17.

29. - Top - End - #719

Ah, if I had known others had disliked it I wouldn't have commented. That being said, I do think the new art is nice.
    Hey, art always triggers reactions - I understand the attachment, especially to one of the most familiar and earliest pieces in the game.

The main person who complained about the old art, though...was our artist. :) So he sneakily redid the glove when no-one was looking.

I've just seen some new banners he's done for upcoming islands and coasts - very pretty!

30. - Top - End - #720

*perks up head*
    New islands you say?
    (the forum needs :excited: smiley)

Is it possible to bribe you with cookies to give us a hint? Islands we've heard of or brand new? More Sea of Voices? You tease!

Spoiler
    Show