New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Starwulf sent me a selfish and extremely violent demon wearing the skin of an even more selfish and violent beast!
    I mean, I got the Starveling Cat. Thank you!
    Stop sending me boxes now, please. Before it, I received a total of 2 normal cats, and tons of spiders. TONS OF SPIDERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

2. - Top - End - #812
    Orc in the Playground

Congratulations! Off to spam Ryenke with boxes
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Starwulf sent me a selfish and extremely violent demon wearing the skin of an even more selfish and violent beast!
    I mean, I got the Starveling Cat. Thank you!
    Stop sending me boxes now, please. Before it, I received a total of 2 normal cats, and tons of spiders. TONS OF SPIDERS.
    LOL. WOOT! So awesome :) That was the box that I was holding onto for like 3 weeks waiting for you to finally show up on my friends list so I could send it to you! So glad it was worth the wait after-all :)

4. - Top - End - #814
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That's delicious! - and quick, it seems.

So, let's see how long it takes me to unwrap a Starveling. (I hear it is a BAD idea to introduce a Starveling to a Grubby kitten, but I'm awfully tempted.) Also, I'm fascinated by stats, so I'm going to keep some and see how what we get from pass the cat to Aryenke from this point on. I'll keep people posted.

I'm the last one to speak up, in this thread wanting a Starveling - so if anyone else wants one, or if you have a more immediate use than I might, please let us know. We can add you to the list, or I will step aside for anyone with more urgency :)

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

I have found a knife. It is a terrifying knife. Now I merely have to wonder, should I pick it up? Or leave it be?

This seems to be another one of those CHOICES that are starting to become more frequent in the game as it approaches the end of the stories. I'm intrigued, yet that is a very, very nasty knife.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I have found a knife. It is a terrifying knife. Now I merely have to wonder, should I pick it up? Or leave it be?

This seems to be another one of those CHOICES that are starting to become more frequent in the game as it approaches the end of the stories. I'm intrigued, yet that is a very, very nasty knife.
    Personally, even had I been able to pick up the knife, I wouldn't have. But I am very curious about what happens if you do. Very curious indeed.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

What happens if you pick up the knife? Well, not to be too specific, but as I understand it...

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously man, heavy spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You get to be the new Jack.

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    What happens if you pick up the knife? Well, not to be too specific, but as I understand it...

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously man, heavy spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You get to be the new Jack.
    Ah, I know that part. I mean the gruesome details. Luckily it appears that a few of the forum members are echoing their experiences to their journals, so I am following along that. This may be against the Fate-locked story rules, in which case I will apologize and stop. But it's so interesting...

9. - Top - End - #819
    Pixie in the Playground

I started playing this game a few days back, my stats are dangerous 5, watchful 15+1, persuasive 8, shadowy 16, and bizarre 0+1. I just drew a card that lets me buy a key to the smoky flophouse for 20 appalling secrets, is this worth it? it will let me hold an extra card in my hand if i buy it.
    Have YOU seen my horseshoe crab?

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Let me apologize to those who are following me on twitter. I'm a bit irritated right now with my best friend over a stupid careless comment he made on twitter WHILE I was at his house. Sorry for the foul language, but I am NOT in a good mood now, but please, don't hold that against me :-(. I say this, because at least half of my followers on twitter are from this thread.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-05-28 at 05:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IreliVent View Post
    I started playing this game a few days back, my stats are dangerous 5, watchful 15+1, persuasive 8, shadowy 16, and bizarre 0+1. I just drew a card that lets me buy a key to the smoky flophouse for 20 appalling secrets, is this worth it? it will let me hold an extra card in my hand if i buy it.
    Yes, do it. It'll also let you start getting Scrap, which can come in very useful later.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Yes, do it. It'll also let you start getting Scrap, which can come in very useful later.
    ok, i traded in most of my cryptic clues for 7 appalling secrets, anyone know a good way to get cryptic clues at my level?

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided to start playing as a spur of the moment thing. I'm Penguinizer both ingame and on twitter if anyone cares.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

ok, i traded in most of my cryptic clues for 7 appalling secrets, anyone know a good way to get cryptic clues at my level?
    Not off the top of my head. If you don't have any possible actions that net you them, you might have some that get you whispered Secrets which can be traded for Cryptic Clues.

15. - Top - End - #825

If you're acquainted with the Repentant Forger, you can chat with him and gain some connections and Cryptic Clues. I can't think of any actual storylets off the top of my head.

If you have some connections with Hell you can attend a ceremony and get a couple of Appalling Secrets directly.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Echo Bazaar

I bought the smoky flophouse,had to catch ALOT of cats and my shadowy is now 21

17. - Top - End - #827
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been picking up a lot of stuff now, and wondering if anyone can tell me at 23 min to all, 36 watchfulness, what stuff is useless to me now so I can upgrade it?

Also, what is a starvling? And why does the clayman love affair arc make me so sad :<
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Plath View Post
    Also, what is a starvling? And why does the clayman love affair arc make me so sad :<
    It makes everyone sad.

The Starvling Cat, I am convinced, is a demon in feline form. A monster sent to plague me and then abandon me, running off with my soul never to be seen again.

For some strange reason people always seem to want the Bloody thing.
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2012-05-29 at 06:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Plath View Post
    I've been picking up a lot of stuff now, and wondering if anyone can tell me at 23 min to all, 36 watchfulness, what stuff is useless to me now so I can upgrade it?

I would recommend not upgrading seemingly-useless items (or selling them) until you actually need the next item. You never know when something is going to come in handy and it's better to have a lot of everything on hand. You can convert items at any time anyway.

But I have to add that the whole system of item conversions and levels of items is fairly new and I assume most experienced players won't be able to give you advice on the lower-leveled storylets. (My main character has been around for a year, but I started an alt a few weeks ago and I was suprised to find that storylets previously costing, for example, 400 Whispered Secrets now cost 20 Appalling Secrets.)

Ooh, the clay affair story. The first time I played that I got the the last choice and just... chickened out. I didn't know what to do, so I ran away and worked on other storylets until I could finally make a decision that my conscience could be halfway comfortable with. The game is a fantastic storyteller.

The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat! Jumped down the well for a good long chat!
    Last edited by Ceric; 2012-05-29 at 07:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My disgraced bandit chief is dead! Fell in the line of duty! Why did I let him go? Whyyyyy?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My disgraced bandit chief is dead! Fell in the line of duty! Why did I let him go? Whyyyyy?
    Yeah, I lost mine as well. I assume yours came during the war with the Big rat?

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh NO!, I'm so sorry. I am in the midst of this story too, so will be very careful with my fine disgraced bandit chief (named San Gabriel). He's a fabulous companion I will not risk!
    Last edited by Ryenke; 2012-05-29 at 11:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

It's happens to all of us. We can't resist that straightforward challenge, and then part of the text changes.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it was the Big Rat that got him. I've already avenged my little companion, but it did not make his loss any less painful. Damn...
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, it was the Big Rat that got him. I've already avenged my little companion, but it did not make his loss any less painful. Damn...
    Word. I"m so tempted to blow 10 fate getting him back, even though I have better +Dangerous pets, I miss him :-(

26. - Top - End - #836
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thanks to all who are sending me boxes. No luck yet, but I'll report success when I get the starveling!

Question. I was the last on the box list, so to whom should I send boxes? Anyone interested in trying for a starveling?

(In other news, in case anyone is interested, I am awaiting the barrister cards to be on my way to a POSI! Exciting, now if she'd ask me about anything other than my wardrobe, I'd be in.

Those wardrobe requirements are a) waaaay too expensive for me at the moment an b) not high on my list of things I currently want to acquire.)

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, I must ask... I've got diamonds, I've got sapphires, I know where to buy that tasseled sword-cane... but where do I get those venom-rubies (so that the jeweler in the opportunity card can make me the shiniest thing ever)?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I read somewhere they could be obtained through shroom-hopping, but since it costs Fate to play, I want to be sure there's no other way.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Venom rubies become easily available to acquire once you hit Person of Some Importance.

29. - Top - End - #839

They're also fairly easy to acquire in Mahogany Hall.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, of course, in the last place I'm looking. Should have expected that.