New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Ah, of course, in the last place I'm looking. Should have expected that.
    Everything is always is in the last place you look.

After all, you'd have to be pretty silly to keep looking for something after you found it.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Everything is always is in the last place you look.

After all, you'd have to be pretty silly to keep looking for something after you found it.
    More precisely, it's in the last place I'm looking, after having searched everywhere else, literally. So I was starting to wonder if it was actually in a place I had no access to (yet).
    Yeah, I knew the joke, but I wanted to make my actual reasoning clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    More precisely, it's in the last place I'm looking, after having searched everywhere else, literally. So I was starting to wonder if it was actually in a place I had no access to (yet).
    Yeah, I knew the joke, but I wanted to make my actual reasoning clear.
    Ooh, ooh, I got it. "It was in the last place I chose to look".
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-06-01 at 04:19 AM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

How do I increase cobblestone rogues and back-alley saints? I know mushroom harvest does but are there any better ways?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Talk to the local gossip in your lodgings. It'll cost you 10 incendiary gossip to get a hefty boost.

Incidentaly, I just noticed that it mentions individuals in all four starting locations, but I've only been able to find those in veilgarden and ladybone. Any idea how I might find the rest?
    Last edited by Narkis; 2012-06-01 at 10:45 PM.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Talk to the local gossip in your lodgings. It'll cost you 10 incendiary gossip to get a hefty boost.

Incidentaly, I just noticed that it mentions individuals in all four starting locations, but I've only been able to find those in veilgarden and ladybone. Any idea how I might find the rest?
    I think you mean the (spoiler just in case)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regretful Soldier
    in Watchmaker's Hill - that is an opportunity card that only appears there - the card is Deal with a drunk old soldier and the correct option is to NOT fight him. The
    Spoiler
    Show
    Repentant Forger
    must be met in Prison. Then he moves to Veilgarden.

If these are not the individuals you seek, move along. Nothing to see here. :)

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeGninjas View Post
    How do I increase cobblestone rogues and back-alley saints? I know mushroom harvest does but are there any better ways?
    The local gossip is for those whose stats are too high to have access to the normal storylets that grant cobblestone rogues and back-alley saints. Unfortunately I don't remember what the storylets are... But there's quite a few storylets that do, so try everything?

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, I already have all the acquaintances. I meant the storylets that need cobblestones rogue, like the blind pianist and the sallow spirifer in veilgarden. The option at the gossip mentions that I can find them in all four starting locations.

edit: You learn something new every day. I thought the gossip was everyone's only option.
    Last edited by Narkis; 2012-06-01 at 11:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeGninjas View Post
    I remember a few - cat catching (Spite?) gave that quality, The Blind Pianist and the Spirifer (I hope they finish that story, I loved the little bit they had) and the Cheery Man and the Constable (Watchmaker Hill). I know there were a ton of other things that upped that quality tho.

10. - Top - End - #850

You find the rogue-and-saint stories in each of the four starting areas, but it's only two stories in two areas each. It's not actually 4 different stories :/ I can't remember exactly which one is where right now.
    Last edited by Ceric; 2012-06-02 at 01:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone have any idea where to get foxfire candle stubs? I haven't found the place to get some for some reason.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigh. I am reaaaallly getting frustrated right now. I am just one Dream of Thunder away from 18, and I have not seen an opportunity card for it in the last 3 weeks straight. Getting highly annoyed!

On another note, I wonder when we will come across more equipment that raises bizarre/dreaded/respectable. Right now the few challenges that are based on them are pretty hard to get below Chancy, I got incredibly lucky on one of the Screaming Maps challenges, got it down to High-Risk and succeeded on first try(and I know it's luck, because I don't have the second half of the map because I can't get Respectable/Bizarre high enough to lower the challenge rating, and I"ve failed several times on Impossible Challenge rating).

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    On another note, I wonder when we will come across more equipment that raises bizarre/dreaded/respectable. Right now the few challenges that are based on them are pretty hard to get below Chancy, I got incredibly lucky on one of the Screaming Maps challenges, got it down to High-Risk and succeeded on first try(and I know it's luck, because I don't have the second half of the map because I can't get Respectable/Bizarre high enough to lower the challenge rating, and I"ve failed several times on Impossible Challenge rating).
    Well, I have Dreaded 3, Respectable 13 and Bizarre 4. Most of the Bizarre comes from items, while Dreaded and Respectable are from Expanded Inventory section (most of the items there give Respectable). I had little trouble getting the map, I just had to take my chances a few times before succeding. So if you don't mind the loss of items, go for it.
    EDIT: Forgot the point of the post, silly me. I wanted to say that I succeded on Impossible and High Risk challenge to continue, so you should probably keep trying to get it, it's not really that hard to obtain the required stuff.
    Last edited by Sila Prirode; 2012-06-02 at 04:43 AM.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    The local gossip is for those whose stats are too high to have access to the normal storylets that grant cobblestone rogues and back-alley saints. Unfortunately I don't remember what the storylets are... But there's quite a few storylets that do, so try everything?
    The only options the gossip has are: Going to the carnival, Perhaps that doesn't sound so bad, House of chimes, The first move in a game, Sinister sprout, shipping, assassins, The screaming map,The Numismatrix, Obtain an Iron Republic Safe-Conduct, and A note about Jack.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I am officially a POSI. And I have 39,000+ Whispered Secrets out of 80,000 necessary for Bazaar lease. Let the grinding begin!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
    I am officially a POSI. And I have 39,000+ Whispered Secrets out of 80,000 necessary for Bazaar lease. Let the grinding begin!
    Hehe, it seems like a lot of us make the Bazaar our first major residence. Congrats on the POSI btw, I think I did that the opposite way around myself, I got the Bazaar Lease first, then became a POSI.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hehe, it seems like a lot of us make the Bazaar our first major residence. Congrats on the POSI btw, I think I did that the opposite way around myself, I got the Bazaar Lease first, then became a POSI.
    Thanks

I had about 15,000 whispered secrets accumulated, doing nothing. Compared to the 2726 souls (or nil of the alternate options) for Brass Embassy; or to the 1542 drops of honey/1 Antique mystery I have for Royal Bethlehem - it just made sense.

POSI vs. 4 tier lodgings first: Actually, I began working toward the Bazaar Lease first before I thought of seriously trying for POSI, but I followed the content and thus ended up completing POSI first.
    Last edited by Ryenke; 2012-06-03 at 06:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I need some mysteries of the elder continent for a new house and working on my ambition.

What do ambitions actually do when you actually complete them? And can anyone help me out on the first city coins? If you can, PM me, I'll pay you back somehow.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Plath View Post
    So I need some mysteries of the elder continent for a new house and working on my ambition.

What do ambitions actually do when you actually complete them? And can anyone help me out on the first city coins? If you can, PM me, I'll pay you back somehow.
    I have the coins. As far as "Completing" the ambitions, such cannot be done yet, they are still unfinished.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

I can also help with coins. I remember how frustrating they were to get by myself.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

Interestingly, I've got about 111 coins so far.

22. - Top - End - #862

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Plath View Post
    No one knows yet, but the fun's in doing them, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

So, how long does it take from getting level 18 of "Dreams of Thunder" till you get the opportunity card or whatever to become "Stormy-Eyed"?

24. - Top - End - #864

So, how long does it take from getting level 18 of "Dreams of Thunder" till you get the opportunity card or whatever to become "Stormy-Eyed"?
    Just like any other opportunity card, really.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

It took me enough time to get to 19

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

WOOT! Just got the opportunity card. I am now "Stormy-Eyed"! Huzzah Huzzah! Feels like more of an accomplishment then POSI

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question. On my seduce a jewel thief quest I tried to help him steal stuff and I failed. Now he has gone away, is there anyway to restart the quest?

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

WOOT! Just got the opportunity card. I am now "Stormy-Eyed"! Huzzah Huzzah! Feels like more of an accomplishment then POSI
    It kind of is! Heh. I'm still working on grinding up my Thunder dreams, they're so looooow. Only like 12 or 13 or something.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I have my lease at the Bazaar

This was my first big grind. It was both better and worse than I feared.

This week, while becoming POSI and getting my lease a ton of stuff opened up for me. I feel I have lots of new and exciting choices everywhere I look. Wilmot's end, Newspaper, POSI stuff to do (zub, sedan chair, fight the rat-legion, get a club, etc.) and other stuff that I've been waiting until my level was a bit more appropriate - deeper into Mahogany hall, the Labyrinth, etc. Not to mention I've barely touched the Court material, but my persuasive should now be able to handle that.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else felt the pacing of the overall game was a bit skewed. I doubt anyone who was waiting around at the stat limit for new material would feel this way, but for those who had 0 to 130 up and running when we started, I think the material is a tad light between 40-60 and 80-100. (Watchful seemed the best balanced, however).

From about levels 40 to 60 I was getting bored. Nothing new, if I did open up a new area, I wasn't yet up to snuff to do anything, and all the OP cards that came my way seemed to be almost impossible stuff. Then, 80 to 100 was a bit frustrating too. Trying to work your way to POSI but quickly finding that you've repeatedly done the things available to you or the ton of things you can just access and haven't done yet are a bit out of your league.

Maybe it was just me, but now that I'm POSI, I have a list of things I want to do so long I started a spreadsheet to help me keep track of what I need. Whereas, just about 8 to 10 days ago I started to grind for my lease because there really wasn't anything else level appropriate to do but wait for POSI to unfold.

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
    So, I'm wondering if anyone else felt the pacing of the overall game was a bit skewed. I doubt anyone who was waiting around at the stat limit for new material would feel this way, but for those who had 0 to 130 up and running when we started, I think the material is a tad light between 40-60 and 80-100. (Watchful seemed the best balanced, however).
    Congrats. New content awaits you!

It did feel like a lot of grinding especially at those levels, and I assume the game gives players a pile of stuff because they realize how tedious 80-100 is and want to award us.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.