New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I'm kinda irritated with Echo Bazaar at the moment. Spent hours yesterday/last night completing a ton of their Free offers. Enough to earn me 52 Fate coins, and instead I only ended up with 7 >< I just got done sending them an email, hopefully it doesn't take too terribly long for them to fix it. I have confirmation emails and log-ins for survey sites and surveys completed to prove that I finished them all, lol.

I want my Exceptional Friend Subscription! Need...More....ACTIONS!

Kinda sad, this game is just so addicting, lol.

Edit: Also, I'm on an interesting Storylet, I thought I had completed it, but it was still showing up, so I re-investigated, and opened it up a bit further, and then kept doing it over and over. I've earned 33 cryptic Clues, 100 Neverwinter Brass Gold, and 100 Rostygold as rewards thus far. Still more to go too! I could end it right now I think, but there is another branch that I completely ignored near the start and I'm going to go down it before I finish it off. It is the early watchful Gold colored quest(which I guess just signifies it's a longer one) about finding a Devil that has disappeared(Starving Artist is the Start).
    The problem with the free offers is that some of them... just don't report in properly. Not to mention the fact that most of them are blatantly designed to trick or coerce you into either signing up for something that they can bill you for, or giving out a bunch of personal info so that they can email you more spam. You have to be well and truly determined to get anything of substance out of it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: Also, I'm on an interesting Storylet, I thought I had completed it, but it was still showing up, so I re-investigated, and opened it up a bit further, and then kept doing it over and over. I've earned 33 cryptic Clues, 100 Neverwinter Brass Gold, and 100 Rostygold as rewards thus far. Still more to go too! I could end it right now I think, but there is another branch that I completely ignored near the start and I'm going to go down it before I finish it off. It is the early watchful Gold colored quest(which I guess just signifies it's a longer one) about finding a Devil that has disappeared(Starving Artist is the Start).
    I remember that Storylet. It's a rather good one, and rather poignant. But then, the same can be said of most of the storylets. And it's the first hint about that which can be said (By the Masters) to be the most powerful force in Fallen London
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2011-09-16 at 05:06 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I remember that Storylet. It's a rather good one, and rather poignant. But then, the same can be said of most of the storylets. And it's the first hint about that which can be said (By the Masters) to be the most powerful force in Fallen London
    Yeah, the entire storylet is quite interesting. I loved the reward from the Demon(I chose to warn him that the
    Spoiler
    Show
    singer as going to betray him and that his superiors were about to come down on him
    . 10 Diamonds worth 14 pence a piece.

I actually have enough wealth now to upgrade to a new place to stay, and it will unlock a nifty little storylet. Just unsure if I should sell everything I have to do it. I'll have to sell off my 10 diamonds, and my 45 rats on a string(which I need 100 of to advance in my ambition), and, well, pretty much everything I have except a few essentials; My weapon(horsehead amulet I got as a reward), my workmans suit, and my brass knuckles.

Is it worth it? To upgrade to a new place to stay at the cost of everything I have(I may grind out a bit more stuff so I don't have to sell my Rats on a string).

Also, what's the purpose of the carnival? I haven't done more then peek at the stuff there, none of it seemed useful, but I'm sure it has a purpose, I just haven't felt like wasting turns on it yet.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it worth it? To upgrade to a new place to stay at the cost of everything I have(I may grind out a bit more stuff so I don't have to sell my Rats on a string).
    Probably not. Ideally, you should avoid selling anything that you can't currently purchase, otherwise you'll invariably end up regretting it.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Probably not. Ideally, you should avoid selling anything that you can't currently purchase, otherwise you'll invariably end up regretting it.
    Hmm, in other words, I should wait until I can buy diamonds, or just farm up enough stuff so I don't have to sell them, since my Diamonds are the only Item I have that I can't buy(with the exception of my Morelways 1872, which I had no intention of selling). Ahh well ^^ I know there is a repeatable storylet, I think a watchful one, that gives me 16-18 Whispered secrets as a reward, I'll just figure out which one and then spam it until I've earned 70(the amount I could buy by selling all 10 of my diamonds). A shame there is no decent, repeatable Rat on a String storylet. The only one with a high amount is the "large" rat storylet, and that requires building a running battle to five first. Not too terribly worth it for 25 rats on a string.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Starwulf, I think it'll be more worthwhile to use Fate to open up storylines, unless you really mind waiting to take actions that much.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Starwulf, I think it'll be more worthwhile to use Fate to open up storylines, unless you really mind waiting to take actions that much.
    I'll admit, I'm actually a bit addicted to the game, it's quite fun, very glad that the OP posted this thread, since it's what got me interested in it enough to make a twitter account and try it out.

So, I actually got ALL of my fate credits today, they all came in at once, giving me 61 total, so I did buy the exceptional friend subscription. I was contemplating unlocking a storylet with it, but I got a good buddy of mine into the game as well, and we are having a competition to see who can get an attribute to 100 first, and who can go through ALL the non-fate buyable content(while still enjoying all that's been written). This gives me a distinct advantage that I'll be putting to good use.

On another note, who here picked the "Dangerous" ambition to hunt "Vake"? Kind of annoyed atm, I'm at a point with it where I need 9x Hard-Earned Lessons, and if I had known that, I wouldn't have wasted the ones I've gotten. Gonna have to bug the crap outta my buddy now with sparring invites so I can build up enough to complete this section of the storylet.

Are Jade Fragments ever particularly used as part of a storylet? I have a TON of them(and that's AFTER having sold about 200 in the last two days to upgrade my place of residence, to buy some rats on string, and to buy something else. I think I still have like 200 left), and am contemplating just selling them all so I can eventually upgrade my weapon.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Jade is used for things on occasion, but you can farm lots and lots of it through Shadowy storylets or by cashing in Connected: The Orient, so sell it if you want.

Oh yeah, if you hadn't realized, you can burn a few points off almost any Connected quality for about 2.5 echoes worth of stuff by visiting Wolfstack Docks, the Shuttered Palace, the Flit, or the Forgotten Quarter. Orient gives Jade, Hell gives Brass, Constables gives Surface Currency, Revolutionaries gives Proscribed Materials, etc.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Just bought some Intricate Kifers and that henchman pet that gives +2 shadowy. So my Shadowy is now 63 base, +12 from equipment. Muahaha.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Just bought some Intricate Kifers and that henchman pet that gives +2 shadowy. So my Shadowy is now 63 base, +12 from equipment. Muahaha.
    Ah, yes. I'm thinking of saving up to the Alluring Accomplice, but 115 E is a bit much right now. It'll take quite a while to farm that much :/

And I just read the fluff text for the Tiger pet: I have a Tiger. Do you have a tiger?

I think you can win any argument with that.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I managed to sell my soul a while ago, and now I have an opportunity card that is letting me pay Fate to unlock a way to get it back. I've managed to scrounge up 15 fate, but I'm curious as to if anyone else has experience with this storyline. Is it actually interesting?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm told it is fairly enjoyable, and certainly, while there are some things you can only do with a soul, I've yet to see anything that can be done without your soul other than gettting it back. The Feast of Worlds in Summerset college, for example, can only be attended by those who have a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
    And I just read the fluff text for the Tiger pet: I have a Tiger. Do you have a tiger?

I think you can win any argument with that.
    That's why I bought one, certainly.

On another note, started getting together the building materials for my zubmarine today. This is going to take a while (60 Whirling Contraptions, 60 Strong-backed labour, and 15 Bejewelled Lenses)

I'm tempted to just go back and get the tramp steamer and grind for a while on the Unterzee.

Edit: Interesting. The wiki says this is a good idea. I shall do it, and buy the zubmarine later once I've saved up the necessary
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2011-09-27 at 04:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick update: I'm currently at 36+5 Dangerous, and 32+1 Watchful(those are my primaries). Persuasive and Shadowy are 14/15+1 respectively. Had an interesting storylet a while ago that involved a rat infestation, and ended up snagging the rat chief(he's "disgruntled" or whatever though, not the full-fledged one that gives +4 Dangerous) as my pet, which is pretty neat.

My Dangerous Ambition is getting harder and harder to advance. Thus far I've had to shell out 8 Echoes and 16 Echoes for items(200 Bottles of 1882 Wine(4 Pence a piece), and then 400 Prisoners Honey(also at 4 Pence a piece). Of course, it netted me my primary pet, a +3 Dangerous Half-Wild Mandrake. Right now, to advance, I need to raise my Watchful. It had a minimum of 30, but that still makes it "Almost impossible". At 32+1 it's still "almost impossible" So I'm figuring I"ll probably need at least 34+1 before it becomes possible to get it done.

I'm contemplating saving up 40 Echoes, and trading 1,000 bottles of the 1882 Wine for ten cases(how many bottles is that) of the Morelways 1872, but if ten cases(no idea how many is in a case) isn't more then 100 bottles, it's not worth it..

Has anyone seen the new pet they added? The "Overgoat", which gives +10 Watchful, and costs 11k Echoes.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

The Overgoat has been around since nearly the beginning, if I remember right. It and the Hesperidan Cider are the two that are more or less unattainably expensive.

Also, I'm a few hours away from successfully robbing the Brass Embassy. I could put in a little more effort to rob the Bazaar instead, which is somewhat more lucrative, but I rather like the idea of the Embassy more.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

So, I'm at almost 32,000 Prisoner's Honey out of 40,000 required, and farming roughly 1,000 worth per day in Primordial Shrieks, as well as being able to do that whilst progressing up a chain that culminates in getting 150. So at about 1,150 Honey per day, that's about a week and a half left before I can finally cash in that reservation at the RBH. Success.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm at almost 32,000 Prisoner's Honey out of 40,000 required, and farming roughly 1,000 worth per day in Primordial Shrieks, as well as being able to do that whilst progressing up a chain that culminates in getting 150. So at about 1,150 Honey per day, that's about a week and a half left before I can finally cash in that reservation at the RBH. Success.
    Awesome.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed. Then it's off to procure the rest of the gems I need for the Lapidary's craftsmanship, and that'll help bump my Persuasive. Then I might start grinding Persuasive, so that I can follow up on the "Person of Some Little Consequence" storylet...though I'm trying to figure if I want to grind Shadowy or just use Fate to skip it.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. Then it's off to procure the rest of the gems I need for the Lapidary's craftsmanship, and that'll help bump my Persuasive. Then I might start grinding Persuasive, so that I can follow up on the "Person of Some Little Consequence" storylet...though I'm trying to figure if I want to grind Shadowy or just use Fate to skip it.
    Well, you'll probably eventually want Shadowy higher anyway, and I'm personally adverse to spending Fate on anything that doesn't unlock new content that I couldn't reach otherwise. The Flit isn't terrible anyway.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

It's mainly my impatience, lol. I suppose if I get too bored I can do stuff in the Labyrinth, then go back to finish up the portion of my Ambition in the Sanitorium.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

So what is everyones favorite little snippets? I tend to Echo on twitter(even though I only have one follower...lol) every single different Starveling Cat rhyme I come across. I think I've seen about 6 or 7 different ones thus far, I hope to see even more :)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Y'know, it occurs to me that Fallen London would be a pretty sweet setting for a game, either of D&D or some other system. I must contemplate this...

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, it occurs to me that Fallen London would be a pretty sweet setting for a game, either of D&D or some other system. I must contemplate this...
    I believe that they're actually making an EB roleplaying game, though I've heard precious little about it.

Starwulf, I also love to echo the Straveling Cat rhymes.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2011-09-29 at 11:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

A friend of mine is periodically considering writing a LARP based there, possibly involving a Brass Embassy Day Trip to the surface.

In other news, having acquired a ship, I have travelled to Mutton Island. It's seriously creepy there. And they make the best Rubbery Lumps, far better than any you can get in Fallen London.
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2011-09-30 at 03:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

So, how far do the ambitions actually go? I'm on the Dangerous one, stage 14 now(going for 15). For a while it took me away from using my Dangerous quality, and made me use my watchful quality, and it is now considerably higher then my dangerous(44+2 vs 37+6). Just wondering how much further It goes? My guess right now is probably to the mid 60's for my Dangerous quality most likely. Has anyone here actually completed one?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yea, I've thought about this too, but I'm not sure that D&D is the best system since it's very combat focused. A more skill-based system might work better, but the setting is great.

In other news, I now have two cards that can unlock new areas in my hand, but I can't get enough fate to use them. I even did one of those annoying surveys, but I didn't get my promised 10 fate
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

So, how far do the ambitions actually go? I'm on the Dangerous one, stage 14 now(going for 15). For a while it took me away from using my Dangerous quality, and made me use my watchful quality, and it is now considerably higher then my dangerous(44+2 vs 37+6). Just wondering how much further It goes? My guess right now is probably to the mid 60's for my Dangerous quality most likely. Has anyone here actually completed one?
    I have Dangerous and Watchful at over 100, and I'm still not finished with my Nemesis Ambition.
    Yea, I've thought about this too, but I'm not sure that D&D is the best system since it's very combat focused. A more skill-based system might work better, but the setting is great.
    FATE seems like a good go-to for this, especially with its stress tracks and the way they resemble the Menace qualities.

Though, EB also has practically a built-in RPG system itself, centered around the Qualities.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

In other news, I now have two cards that can unlock new areas in my hand, but I can't get enough fate to use them. I even did one of those annoying surveys, but I didn't get my promised 10 fate
    Don't believe the processing time. You'll get you fate, eventually. I got all of mine all at once about a week after I did everything. That 15-30 minutes time estimate is complete crap though.

So, another question: When do new lodgings open up that let you have 4 cards? Are all other lodgings that offer 3 cards merely sidegrades with different storylets attached? I'm currently in the observatory with the shrooms, but can't even advance in it because I don't have a "Scholar of Correspondence" trait ><

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

There isn't a lot of extra stuff you can do with the lodgings...but since you collect keys and such for all your lodgings, you're actually able to buy up lots of real estate, if you want, for collector's value. I think I own a good 8 or 9 lodgings.

The 4-card ones come much later...I'm saving for one of them (40,000 Prisoner's Honey, unlocked with 70 Watchful), and Eurus, I believe, is saving for another (40,000 Souls, unlocked with 70 Watchful).

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

There isn't a lot of extra stuff you can do with the lodgings...but since you collect keys and such for all your lodgings, you're actually able to buy up lots of real estate, if you want, for collector's value. I think I own a good 8 or 9 lodgings.

The 4-card ones come much later...I'm saving for one of them (40,000 Prisoner's Honey, unlocked with 70 Watchful), and Eurus, I believe, is saving for another (40,000 Souls, unlocked with 70 Watchful).
    Oh wow. That's insanity! Talk about pricey. Hmm, I didn't realize you could actually own more then one property! I'll have to start buying up those others that keep coming up :)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm saving up 60,000 Whispered Secrets for one that unlocks with 70 Persuasive.