Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 971

Thread: Echo Bazaar

  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Connected: The Masters, I believe, if it's the one I'm thinking of. ("A Libraryette for Mr. Pages")
    Yeah, that's the one I do believe. Can't possibly be worth it, is it? To lose 500 Echoes worth of stuff for a small quantity of connected?

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Yeah, that's the one I do believe. Can't possibly be worth it, is it? To lose 500 Echoes worth of stuff for a small quantity of connected?
    Yeah, it's not worth it. Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar is very rare and hard to get (often expensive, although the libraryette is probably the least efficient way to get it), but actually not as useful as you'd think. It does have a few nifty uses, but it seems mostly like a bragging right.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Oh, and I just remembered that there's an action in your lodgings to reduce Scandal when your Admired and Persuasive are high enough. Boy, is it effective! It totally wiped out a good portion of my Scandal, though it cost 5 Admired.

    And there's social actions you can take too.

    Also, I've finished the Lapidary storyline! And I have a shiny new cane to show for it. At the moment, I'm now following Persuasive, and mingling with folks in the Shuttered Palace. Afterwards will probably come Shadowy, or grinding my Watchful enough to find someone at the University who can tell me about the Iron Republic.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2011-10-13 at 01:58 AM.
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Oh, and I just remembered that there's an action in your lodgings to reduce Scandal when your Admired and Persuasive are high enough. Boy, is it effective! It totally wiped out a good portion of my Scandal, though it cost 5 Admired.

    And there's social actions you can take too.

    Also, I've finished the Lapidary storyline! And I have a shiny new cane to show for it. At the moment, I'm now following Persuasive, and mingling with folks in the Shuttered Palace. Afterwards will probably come Shadowy, or grinding my Watchful enough to find someone at the University who can tell me about the Iron Republic.
    Iron Republic, eh? Is that Ambition-related?
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Aidan305's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Iron Republic, eh? Is that Ambition-related?
    Nemesis. And sadly not open yet. It will be eventually though.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Nemesis. And sadly not open yet. It will be eventually though.
    Ah, wow. So I finally am getting to the current "end" of my Ambition, so far. Nice.

    *goes back to currying social graces*
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    I get to perform the Topsy King's play, heh.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Woot! Two Achievements all at once. I now officially have all of my qualities at a base 50 now, which is pretty sweet. I also finally went and sold a bunch of my stuff, and bought a 180 echo item. It was a pair of gloves that give +1 dangerous, +4 Watchful, and -2 Persuasive and Shadowy(or something like that). I'm now going to go ahead and work on my watchful and dangerous for a while, get them to around 75 each, should be lots of fun :).

    On another note, I got a new residence opportunity card, it was still only for 3 Cards, but the damn thing cost 6,000 Whispered secrets, which is nuts! I wouldn't shell out that kind of cash for a 3 card residence. On another note, I don't have much at all left now, about 50 echoes worth of sellables left. Don't have 1k left of anything except whispered secrets and Jade Fragments(I'm keeping them, tempted to buy my way into the University, as I have no idea when I'll become a Scholar of Importance or Correspondence or whatever it is).

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere lost in dream.

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I'm keeping them, tempted to buy my way into the University, as I have no idea when I'll become a Scholar of Importance or Correspondence or whatever it is.
    Apparently, you get Scholar of the Correspondence in the Forgotten Quarter. Since the University is only really useful to folks with Watchful 80+, you'll probably want to go through the Forgotten Quarter first anyway.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    You really don't need to buy your way into the University. It'll come.

    Also, I had a chance to meet up with Mr. Hearts...but alas, I failed the Dangerous challenge. Now for the card to come back again...
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    So, I finally got the shroom racing card again(huzzah). What is the highest "in the lead" quality you can get? I've gotten 4, which gives me a "Low-risk" for the end challenge, and after I win it says "It was barely even a race". The reward is damn nice as well, 4.5 echoes + all qualities raising up a bit, and the venom ruby. Just wondering if there is anything higher?

    Also, huzzah, one of the cards there netted me a Sapphire, which means I Just need 2 more of those so I can complete the Keen Eyed Lapidary(or at least, I think I can. it's venom rubies, Diamonds, and sapphires that she needs, right?)

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    You really don't need to buy your way into the University. It'll come.

    Also, I had a chance to meet up with Mr. Hearts...but alas, I failed the Dangerous challenge. Now for the card to come back again...
    Ah, shame. I dunno what that particular opportunity is, but anything to do with the Masters is awesome.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So, I finally got the shroom racing card again(huzzah). What is the highest "in the lead" quality you can get? I've gotten 4, which gives me a "Low-risk" for the end challenge, and after I win it says "It was barely even a race". The reward is damn nice as well, 4.5 echoes + all qualities raising up a bit, and the venom ruby. Just wondering if there is anything higher?

    Also, huzzah, one of the cards there netted me a Sapphire, which means I Just need 2 more of those so I can complete the Keen Eyed Lapidary(or at least, I think I can. it's venom rubies, Diamonds, and sapphires that she needs, right?)
    Congrats! That's the highest result that I've found. I'm trying to think of where you can get sapphires...if your Dangerous is high enough, they can be found in the Labyrinth of Tigers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Ah, shame. I dunno what that particular opportunity is, but anything to do with the Masters is awesome.
    Yep, I'm famous! Lol. Turns out that it was an opportunity that unlocked an ongoing storylet for 20 Fate. Admittedly, that kinda intrigues me, but I'm in no position to buy Fate now. The other option was a simple success that got me Tinctures of Vigor and Laudanum. But Mr. Hearts said my morsels were tasty. ;)
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Aidan305's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Congrats! That's the highest result that I've found. I'm trying to think of where you can get sapphires...if your Dangerous is high enough, they can be found in the Labyrinth of Tigers. ;)
    They can also be bought, along with Venom-rubies, in the Bazaar Side-Streets once you fulfil the necessary requirements to get there.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    So, I really hope that not too much of those storylines are Fate-exclusive content. Well, I guess I can always try going back to them when I'm willing to sink some money. Because I think the "inconvenienced by an Aunt" storyline would be great fun to play through. And the monster-breeding storyline struck me as rather underwhelming for all the work I went through, but I do find that there's a Fate-powered option (the Mr. Hearts visit) that lets you play through a more detailed go.

    In recent news, I bought a nice suit, bringing my Persuasive set to +10, so I'm at 77 Persuasive. Awesome. Yet one more Quality en route to accessing that "100 of each Quality" storyline.

    I've also started continuing the Eater of Chains storyline...he's baaaaaaaack...
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Aidan305's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    So, I really hope that not too much of those storylines are Fate-exclusive content.
    Unfortunately, once you hit the stat caps most of them seem to be. What's more, the majority of them don't even reward items comparative to the amount of time invested in them. (The new Foreign Office storyline, for example, without getting to the point where you spend fate, will reward about 14.50 worth of stuff, while taking about 20 actions to do). It's a bit disappointing really.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Unfortunately, once you hit the stat caps most of them seem to be. What's more, the majority of them don't even reward items comparative to the amount of time invested in them. (The new Foreign Office storyline, for example, without getting to the point where you spend fate, will reward about 14.50 worth of stuff, while taking about 20 actions to do). It's a bit disappointing really.
    Well, that's to be expected. They've got a lot of interesting content here, and it's definitely still fun to go through. I'll probably spend some money for Fate when I have money to spend, if only to support their endeavour.
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Well, uhh, I uh..have my sapphires now. Quite an abundance of them actually. I apparently just sold my soul :) Pretty interesting climax to the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimate with a devil/deviless
    storyline.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Well, uhh, I uh..have my sapphires now. Quite an abundance of them actually. I apparently just sold my soul :) Pretty interesting climax to the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimate with a devil/deviless
    storyline.
    I know what you mean, heh. Happened to me too. I got mine back, eventually (had to spend Fate), but losing it was more fun.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Aidan305's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Well, uhh, I uh..have my sapphires now. Quite an abundance of them actually. I apparently just sold my soul :) Pretty interesting climax to the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimate with a devil/deviless
    storyline.
    There's a storyline that lets you get it back. You'll need it if you want to take part in the Feast of the World at Summerset College.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    So, I signed up for a month's free trial with Netflix, planning to cancel when the period runs up, and I got 60 Fate out of it. Win-win on all accounts. So I started up the Inconvenienced by an Aunt storyline again, as well as the one with Mr. Hearts (breeding monsters for the Bishop). And I'll keep my eye open for another interesting storyline to sink Fate into.

    Also, I unlocked the Opportunity card for a premises at the Bazaar. And you know what? I think I can get 80k Whispered Secrets easy enough, which sounds bizarre to the me who was playing a while back. But I've got a Jade/Clues engine going in the Shuttered Palace. I should have those Secrets in less than a month!
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    So, I signed up for a month's free trial with Netflix, planning to cancel when the period runs up, and I got 60 Fate out of it. Win-win on all accounts. So I started up the Inconvenienced by an Aunt storyline again, as well as the one with Mr. Hearts (breeding monsters for the Bishop). And I'll keep my eye open for another interesting storyline to sink Fate into.

    Also, I unlocked the Opportunity card for a premises at the Bazaar. And you know what? I think I can get 80k Whispered Secrets easy enough, which sounds bizarre to the me who was playing a while back. But I've got a Jade/Clues engine going in the Shuttered Palace. I should have those Secrets in less than a month!
    One useful link is this one, which lists some of the most efficient ways to get specific items. Remember, if you're actually getting Whispered Secrets from your actions instead of selling other stuff for them, it's half as expensive!
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    I just realized I forgot to factor in the cost of the Secrets. So I'm earning around 75 Whispered Secrets' worth on each action...hmm.
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    So, how is everyones Echo Bazaar experience coming along? I've been on a property buying spree myself, I now own 6 properties: Lair in the Marshes, Rooftop Shack, Room above the Gambling dens, Smoky Flophouse, Cottage by the Observatory, and Room above the bookstore.

    Lost a ton of turns due to my electricity being out for three days, which sucked, and then had trouble getting it to load, but it's working fine now, and I've been steadily increasing my Watchful, it's at 64 right now with a +7 modifier. Think I'm going to take a break at 65 and level Dangerous for a while.

    Annoyed right now because I got put until jail so I could further my ambition, but I didn't realize that I was going to need Foxfire Candles, and I had none, so I had to lower my suspicion to 0, and now I don't feel like going back in ><

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ShinyRocks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    I've been playing for like a week now. Man but it drags you in. I'm mostly Watchful and Dangerous. Most excitingly, I'm finally at the stage where I can afford to sell things for Bazaar money.

    I keep playing with my Giggling Mandrake so that it bites me so that I get wounds so I can rest and hopefully bring my Nightmares down. It's a bit laborious.
    Kasumi Goto avatar by Thormag.

    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17 Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

    My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere lost in dream.

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    I'm up to around 50 Watchful and Dangerous myself. Between Opportunity cards, the occasional bottle of Laudanum and lots of rest, I think I have my Nightmares under control.

    The inability to repeatedly throw myself at Almost Impossible challenges has really slowed my progress though. Any tips for advancing faster?
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Eurus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I'm up to around 50 Watchful and Dangerous myself. Between Opportunity cards, the occasional bottle of Laudanum and lots of rest, I think I have my Nightmares under control.

    The inability to repeatedly throw myself at Almost Impossible challenges has really slowed my progress though. Any tips for advancing faster?
    Mm, not really. Watchful is one of the harder ones to advance for exactly that reason. My advice would be to do straightforward challenges, unless you have Sudden Insights; if you do, burn them on Chancy challenges, since those give you three points of progress in your stat (at least if you succeed, if they fail it might be two, don't recall).

    I'm focusing Persuasive lately, myself. Pursuing an interesting romance in the Empress's Court. Up to 83 Persuasive so far, with another +15 from items.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by A Nearly Unwrapped Cat
    The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat!
    They put it in a box! And it hated that! The Starveling Cat bursts out of the box in an avalanche of shredded brown paper. It leaps at your face, fangs bared. You fight it off frantically, sustaining a series of savage cuts. It drops to the floor and snarls like a tiger. Then it climbs your armoire, claws gouging the varnish, and glares at you. It doesn't move until midnight, when it steals into your pantry and wolfs down an entire joint of beef.
    OHMIGAWSH!!!!! I HAS THE STARVELING CAT!!!!!

    Many thanks for sending it, Eurus! Now I need to figure out what the heck to do with it...but still...THE STARVELING CAT!!!!
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    OHMIGAWSH!!!!! I HAS THE STARVELING CAT!!!!!

    Many thanks for sending it, Eurus! Now I need to figure out what the heck to do with it...but still...THE STARVELING CAT!!!!
    Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that that was a freaking possibility! I've always discarded that opportunity card when it's come around, to send someone a nearly unwrapped cat! Hell, I'll have to start sending those suckers out, and hope some peeps start sending em to me! Me want Starveling Cat as well!

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CarpeGuitarrem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Echo Bazaar

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that that was a freaking possibility! I've always discarded that opportunity card when it's come around, to send someone a nearly unwrapped cat! Hell, I'll have to start sending those suckers out, and hope some peeps start sending em to me! Me want Starveling Cat as well!
    I'll toss some your way, once I get the card.
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •