New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Oh, I unwrapped it cos I thought it was mean to the poor kitty. I didn't realise.
    Last edited by ShinyRocks; 2011-11-07 at 10:00 AM.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRocks View Post
    Oh, I unwrapped it cos I thought it was mean to the poor kitty. I didn't realise.
    Yeah, I usually do that too.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    OHMIGAWSH!!!!! I HAS THE STARVELING CAT!!!!!

Many thanks for sending it, Eurus! Now I need to figure out what the heck to do with it...but still...THE STARVELING CAT!!!!
    Isn't it wonderful? It only gets used in a few rare opportunities, I think.

The Starveling Cat!
    The Starveling Cat!
    They put it in a box!
    And it hated that!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! I officially have +10 to my dangerous quality now. Another day and I should be at 60+10(at 57 and literally 1 challenge away from 58).

+1 Hat, +3 Pet, +2 Gloves and boots, +1 Weapon, +1 Suit. Kinda ticked about the suits, there are literally no +2 dangerous suits. Hell, I don't even think there are any +3 or +4's >< I guess Hat is my next place to turn to for an upgrade, I'll probably save up for a +3 Dangerous one.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Isn't it wonderful? It only gets used in a few rare opportunities, I think.

The Starveling Cat!
    The Starveling Cat!
    They put it in a box!
    And it hated that!
    You need one if you intend to seek the name.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    You need one if you intend to seek the name.
    Speaking of which, if I could convince folks to send any boxed cats my way...

Is there anyone who doesn't intend to seek the name at some point? It's like a big red button, waiting to be pushed.
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-11-08 at 10:11 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Is there anyone who doesn't intend to seek the name at some point? It's like a big red button, waiting to be pushed.
    My friend got the three numbers the other day. He experienced of loss of 500 points in each stat as well as a few other nasty things.

I'm looking forward to it.

8. - Top - End - #188

MindFlayer

I've got a boxed cat at the moment, but it's got layers left, so I don't know if that means it needs to do a few more rounds.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Trust me, it's not worth it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I could tell you why in about 10 words, which would definitely persuade you to avoid it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But that would feel lame, so I will stick to cryptic hints.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2011-11-08 at 01:11 PM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

I've got a boxed cat at the moment, but it's got layers left, so I don't know if that means it needs to do a few more rounds.
    You can't open it all the way yourself. You can only pass it along.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

So, it turns out that not all of the higher end Watchful challenges increase Nightmares when you fail. Some increase Wounds, or simply have no penalty at all. This should make raising Watchful a tad faster, particularly when combined with the stat-dropping gear.

On an unrelated note, my Wounds have hit 7. Time to spend some time resting (which might shed some Nightmares at the same time).
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-11-08 at 03:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

MindFlayer

You can't open it all the way yourself. You can only pass it along.
    Oh, no, I know. I just mean that I'm not sure if I send it on to someone they'll get to the Cat or have to pass it on again.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, no, I know. I just mean that I'm not sure if I send it on to someone they'll get to the Cat or have to pass it on again.
    Far as I can tell, the "Nearly Unwrapped Cat" is always received. So, you always get it with one layer left. The thing is, the Starveling Cat is a rare drop, I think, for the "fortunate" result.

EDIT: I'm pursuing the Barbed Wit romance in the Shuttered Palace.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got to the storylet choice where the misogynist doctor was talking about how women's rights to vote and be educated were scientific flukes, and decided that I was going to throw the idiot out the window. My exile is TOTALLY WORTH IT.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2011-11-09 at 01:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any way to friend somebody on the game besides facebook? I've got an interesting card, and nobody to interact with.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Is there any way to friend somebody on the game besides facebook? I've got an interesting card, and nobody to interact with.
    Twitter-following.

I'm playersideblog on Twitter, so if you set up an EB Twitter, you can follow me and the other folks. Maybe the OP can edit a list of Twitter handles into the first post?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Twitter-following.

I'm playersideblog on Twitter, so if you set up an EB Twitter, you can follow me and the other folks. Maybe the OP can edit a list of Twitter handles into the first post?
    He hasn't posted in this thread in a while.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that being the case, I would accept any twitter handles. mine is Luzahn122

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

So, what exactly is the Carnival for? I've been wondering for some time, I've gone there a couple of times, and had an opportunity card or two having me catch a wolf or what not, but I've never actually done anything when I traveled there.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

From what I've seen, it's just a hub of useful activities, and can raise your connectedness to various groups.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

From what I've seen, it's just a hub of useful activities, and can raise your connectedness to various groups.
    Oh, sweet. That's pretty cool then. Can't say I'll really have to much of a use for that, can get connections AND raise my qualities just doing normal stuff. But, I guess if I was ever in a pinch, I know where to go now ^^

21. - Top - End - #201

Question, how is that with Ambitions? You can get only one, so do I just choose the one of my favourite stat? Do I get more choices later or are there only those four?
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Question, how is that with Ambitions? You can get only one, so do I just choose the one of my favourite stat? Do I get more choices later or are there only those four?
    Only those four, and I'd say go with whichever one sounds the most interesting to you. However, unless you make that particular quality your main one, you might advance rather slowly. Though, to be honest, you'll be raising TWO qualities to raise up any one of those ambitions. I picked the Dangerous one, and it requires a high watchful as well. Currently raising my Dangerous so I can complete my level 27 ambition.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Only those four, and I'd say go with whichever one sounds the most interesting to you. However, unless you make that particular quality your main one, you might advance rather slowly. Though, to be honest, you'll be raising TWO qualities to raise up any one of those ambitions. I picked the Dangerous one, and it requires a high watchful as well. Currently raising my Dangerous so I can complete my level 27 ambition.
    Also of note: I'm currently in the process of raising all of my stats to 100, and if you're eager to explore and find more content, it's trivial to play through all of your stats.

See, for me, part of the joy of EB is unlocking new content as you get higher in level in each various quality. So, for me, it's perfectly satisfying to raise all of my qualities, although I do focus on one or the other at any given time. Because no matter which quality I raise, I'm going to be going through interesting content.

I think that's because increasing Qualities is actually a major part of gameplay. It's not like in most RPGs where you increase your stats as part of a budget. Instead, you increase your stats as you play various things.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Now, I appear to be playing the nemesis ambition. Is this the Dangerous one?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Now, I appear to be playing the nemesis ambition. Is this the Dangerous one?
    Dangerous and Watchful, yes.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent. My two favorite. I'm going for a sort of survivor-character. Very paranoid.

Edit: Hm, I appear to be becoming quite insane. I require assistance.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2011-11-10 at 08:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, when does the Little House Plant storylet go to something different? I'm at level 6 for it, and I still only have the option to buy food and pots for it(50 jade), or have someone come and examine it.

Edit: Also, after I passed the 25th step in my Ambition, it said I had unlocked the ability to buy Black Wings Absinthe from the Bazaar, but, when I go there, it's not there, ANYWHERE. Why is that? Getting kind of annoyed here, I reaaaally need to be able to buy it, I have an opportunity card that requires it.

Double Edit: WOOT! Just completed a mini-storylet amongst the Dangerous set of challenges, and man was it awesome :). The ending was the best. Mr. Fires himself came to me and said he'd be keeping an eye on me. Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar is mine! MUAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH. Veteran of the Battle of Wolfstack Docks as well! That was a rush :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2011-11-10 at 09:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground

Edit: Also, after I passed the 25th step in my Ambition, it said I had unlocked the ability to buy Black Wings Absinthe from the Bazaar, but, when I go there, it's not there, ANYWHERE. Why is that? Getting kind of annoyed here, I reaaaally need to be able to buy it, I have an opportunity card that requires it.
    It just so happens that I work on Echo Bazaar, so I had a quick look at this for you. Are you doing the Bag a Legend ambition? If so, I think you might have misread the last step - it says you can buy a bottle in Veilgarden, so just head over that way.

(If you ever get stuck on your ambition you can go into the 'Me' tab, open the 'Ambition' heading under your qualities and reminisce about your progress - this lets you reread all your ambition story so far, so it's a good way to check what you should be doing next.)

When I played the battle of Wolfstack Docks it all went a bit wrong - I sided with the strikers all the way through then at the end clicked the wrong button and betrayed the to the Masters. Er. Oops.

Glad you're enjoying the game! It's a blast to work on.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, when does the Little House Plant storylet go to something different? I'm at level 6 for it, and I still only have the option to buy food and pots for it(50 jade), or have someone come and examine it.
    I'm approaching 10, and it's still going...maybe 10 is it.
    Double Edit: WOOT! Just completed a mini-storylet amongst the Dangerous set of challenges, and man was it awesome :). The ending was the best. Mr. Fires himself came to me and said he'd be keeping an eye on me. Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar is mine! MUAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH. Veteran of the Battle of Wolfstack Docks as well! That was a rush :)
    Oh, very nice! And the Wolfstack Docks battle was an awesome moment.
    Excellent. My two favorite. I'm going for a sort of survivor-character. Very paranoid.

Edit: Hm, I appear to be becoming quite insane. I require assistance.
    Confess some Nightmares to me. I think I have just enough room to keep you saner. Though I'll ask the same in return...(though you get a small Nightmare bump for listening, if two people trade off, the Nightmare decrease means they both lose Nightmares fast.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gardiner View Post
    Glad you're enjoying the game! It's a blast to work on.
    Hey, thanks for swinging by! EB is a pretty nifty game. And a clever engine.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

You get to enter it in competitions at a later point against your friends' plants.