Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Created as a successor to the original Bleach ITP, Reborn started as a reboot, returning to the lower-powered roots of canon Bleach. We've been going for a while, but we still welcome new players.

    Important stuff so far:

    OOC THREADS

    IC THREADS
    Spoiler
    Show

    Mortal World:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Soul Society:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Hueco Mundo:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3

    EPISODES

    OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
    Character Registry
    Wiki - Password "foamy".

    A while ago we chose Central 5, a group of five people who work as a governing body for the Soul Society. They are currently Kuroimaken, Sucrose, Frozen_Feet, KnightDisciple and Nicklance. They are tasked with such tasks as deciding Captain promotions and upholding laws of Seireitei. Details can be found below.
    In the second last thread people voted and decided that there would not be a Quincy vs Shinigami war before the actual start of the story/roleplay unlike in canon. It was also decided through a vote that Quincy arrows would destroy souls as they do in canon through a vote. People are open to the possibility of future conflicts between the two factions and the Quincy learning how to purify souls with their arrows. Learning how to do so would likely be a significant plot point.

    Quincy players have decided that anyone that makes a Quincy should write up a description of their family/clan's history.

    Souls that are fully absorbed and become part of a hollow permanently fuse with it. When a hollow is purified the souls it absorbed are not split up. They are reborn as a single entity.

    Frozen_Feet's proposed take on this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Life Cycle of Hollows.
    Canny Hollows: these are beings like Grand Fisher and Shrieker - normal Hollows that stay behind in Mortal World much longer than usual. Why? Either they still have unfinished business... or they were already crooked in life.

    My reasoning is as follows: when a good Plus turns into a Hollow, it seeks to destroy its loved ones like any other Hollow. However, the mind of the good souls can't hold together once they're done with that. They lack killer's instinct, and might even feel guilt for breaking what was once dear to them in life. This is why they seek oblivion.

    Evil souls, on the other hand, gain much more pleasure from tormenting living beings. Even after they've killed those they had a personal beef with, they stay in Mortal World, because their bestial desires won't let them leave. In a way, they still have something to do that defines them and stops them from losing their inviduality, even if it's only "kill all things":

    Menos Grande Gillians: When a soul becomes Hollow, the first thing it does is destroy all things it held dear in mortal life. In most cases, having lost their purpose and consumed by their own loneliness, Hollows wander into Hueco Muendo, where they instinctively seek out other souls who died in the same way. Seeking embrace of sweet oblivion, they engage in cannibalistic orgy and fuse into Menos Grande Gillian. Fusion of souls is permanent; once eaten by a Gillian, a soul cannot be separated again.

    Menos Grande Gillian's have no identity, only scattered fragments of negative memories and emotions. When such a Gillian is purified, its soul passes into Soul Society as essentially blank slate. However, due to originally being gestalt of multiple entities, such soul has much vaster Reiryoku than normal and is more likely to fragment into Zanpakuto spirit and Inner Hollow. Thus, a purified Menos Grande Gillian is very likely to become a shinigami.

    Adjuchas and Vasto Lordes: As noted, Menos Grande Gillians are gestalt formed from people who died in the same way. Adjuchas happens when the amount of souls reaches a critical mass, causing a new personality to bloom from the fragmented memories. This being is effectively personification of its "cause of death". However, Adjuchas aren't stable, and must keep absorbing other Hollows who died the same way to increase in power. Should they fail to absorb other Hollows, starvation will make them regress, reducing them back to mindless beasts. Once Adjuchas has eaten enough souls, it evolves into a Vasto Lorde. However, this requires that they beat all of their challengers, letting none who manage to eat a bit of them to get away.

    So, why can't Adjuchas who gets a bit of itself eaten become a Vasto Lorde? It's because losing to another Hollow means there's another being with same Aspect of Death who is more powerful. A Vasto Lorde is a Menos who has absorbed or proven itself to be stronger than all other Hollows with the same aspect of death. They are, effectively, anthropomorphic personifications of their Aspect of Death, and rule supreme over lost souls who died that way. As long as they remain undefeated, they are stable; if a Vasto Lorde does lose, it begins to regress like Adjuchas until it can destroy the Hollow that defeated it.

    Arrancars: A Hollow can become an Arrancar in any point of its life, as long as it has a personality at the time. An Arrancar is a Hollow who learns to define itself by way other than its Aspect of Death, thus rising above its bestial instincts.

    All Arrancars are stable. While an Arrancar can keep eating souls to increase in power, it no longer fuses new souls with the core of its person - the nommed soul only loses its reiryoku. A soul eaten by Arrancar is usually reborn as a new Hollow. In any case, eating Pluses or other Hollows is pretty much voluntary for an Arrancar - they mostly do so because there is no other food in Hueco Muendo. Because of this, Arrancars can't be held as inherently worse than humans or Shinigami.

    Menos and Purification: Shinigami who don't remember their lives were Menos who got purified. As the identity of a Menos is effectively a new entity and is only born after death, Konso unfortunately wipes that all away. For purposes of Redemption, a soul which has gone through Oblivion of the Gillian phase is exempt from Hell's punishment. They become Shinigami because of huge amount of Reiryoku they accumulated as a Hollow.

    Resurreccion and Segunda Etapa: Resurreccion is an Arrancars ability to retake its form as a Hollow, and consequently as the manifestation of its aspect. The power of an Arrancars resurreccion is in part directly proportional to how much the Arrancar's behaviour reflects its Aspect.

    While achieving Segunda Etapa is only typical for Vasto Lordes who already rule over their Aspect, theoretically any Arrancar can achieve it through meticulous training and self realization.


    Soul Society and the inhabitants of Las Noches (The King of Hollows, the Epsada and their underlings) have a truce between each other at the start of the game/story but both sides want to break as soon as they gain a substantial upper hand on the other.

    People that want to make captain entries should write up a history for their preferred division including duties, a past captain or two and whatever else you might think important to add. It can be significantly different from canon.

    General

    Purpose of the Central 5/46 and Division Information
    Spoiler
    Show

    5 trusted players are chosen to act as the Central 46. Any of these people can post as the entire body, and essentially act as an administrative organization both in and out of character. You might think that doesn't make sense, but in actuality, the duties would cross-over a lot more than you might imagine. For example, say a player wants his character to be promoted to a captain at some point in the RPG. The Central 46 would be the ones who analyze the situation and make a decision, but they'd have to look closely at both the character and the player to see if they're ready for the responsibilities. As another example, imagine that a group of rogue Shinigami appear in the mortal world and start causing trouble. The 46 would decide whether or not Soul Society goes to war with them, and thus whether or not any of the more powerful characters get involved in the plot. Think of them like a set of unofficial moderators for the RPG, who keep things in check both ICly and OOCly.

    I think it could also add a whole new layer of role-playing opportunities. Let's say a group of low-powered academy students are training in the mortal world when one classmate decides to do something reckless and ends up getting them into dire straits. They make it back to Soul Society alive and in one piece, but now they have to answer to the Central 46 and explain their actions. Having actual players behind the council instead of just mindless NPCs (or corpses) makes it a bit of a nagging threat in the back of people's minds, and could even indirectly prevent players from going overboard. Since I know that if I were sitting on the council, I would not be a gracious host.

    Gotei divisions and their tasks:
    1) Administrative.
    2) Ninjas.
    3) Execution?
    4) Healing+Hospitality.
    5) Messengers.
    6) Reinforcements.
    7) Logistics.
    8) Tactical planning
    9) Recon.
    10) Internal Police.
    11) Fight.
    12) Science.
    13) Patrol.


    Hollow, Arrancar and Las Noches
    Spoiler
    Show

    Laws of Las Noches
    1. Only a victory in singular combat entitles one to take the position of espada from another.
    2. The espada are not allowed to conspire against one another.
    3. Killing a fellow citizen is a crime, unless it is self-defense, or you don't get caught on the act (drow influence: The real crime is being caught). The espada can add other exclusions of culpability for their sectors (including and up to any reason, LAW*). *Laws as Written.
    4. Vandalism is a crime. See above for excludents.
    5. Thievery is a crime. See above for details.
    The espada and privaron have equal authority over all numeros. The espada have sole authority over their own fraccion. The espada have sole authority over the citizens of their own districts. The fraccion have authority beneath the espada and privaron over all other citizens of Las Noches who live in own their districts. The fraccion have authority beneath that of the espada and privaron over the numeros. The privaron have sole authority over those designated to them by the King and Queen. The King and Queen have authority over all.




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    1. I will be assigning the Espada, most likely.

    2. I will also, probably, not keep the numbers strongly tied to the power of each character.

    3. The Ghost King will not be the primera.

    4. My main arrancar character (King's gonna stay in the background) will be the Queen of Hollows, and she will not be an espada either. I will keep those positions for other players.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    About Aspects of Death: it's established that once a Hollow has destroyed things that were dear to it, they wander into Hueco Muendo and seek out other Hollows to ease their pain / to forget about their lives. I propose they instinctively seek out others who died in the same way, and thus their suffering condenses into their Aspect. Arrancars gain power when the ascended personality realizes this and works around / with it.

    Fae
    Spoiler
    Show

    The State of the Afterlife of the British Isles
    Britain’s afterlife is stable – just. Long periods of internal strife between the psychopomps of Britain, known to themselves as the mac Lir or fab Lly^r, and to others as the Fae, left ample time for Hollows to develop and grow. Now, Britain faces a deep-rooted infestation of well-hidden Menos, but the Houses of the British Isles are united in their desire to rid the islands of these threats.

    Annwn – the Afterlife
    The British afterlife is called Annwn, a place that reflects the most untouched corners of the British Isles in its geography. The four courts of monarchs are located in a roughly central location within a few hours journey of each other by normal walking speed. Passage between Annwn and the mortal world is achieved by passing through thick banks of mist that function as the Fae equivalent of Senkaimon. The mac Lir make use of ravens, rather than butterflies, to guide them through the misty realm between Annwn and the mortal world.

    The Organisation of the Fae
    The British Isles are ruled by four monarchs – one each for Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. Each of these monarchs governs passage of souls into Annwn in the country they are tied to. They each possess three Houses under their command, each ruled by a Tiarna or Pennaeth, individuals equal to the captains of Soul Society. A Tiarna or Pennaeth is directly supported by their Dara or Ail, equivalents to the Japanese Vice-Captains. The rest of the House is made up of thirteen mionn cheangal or lw rhwymo, equivalents to seated officers, plus any other Fae who are members of the House but deemed unworthy of the distinction of the upper ranks. The specialisations of each House vary depending on the current Tiarna or Pennaeth, but it is very rare for their not to be at least one House dedicated to combat in each country at any given time. The ranks of the Houses are held for life, unless the bearer of a rank forfeits it. A House member is usually given a title and land in Annwn upon forfeiting a rank. These titles are hereditary, and their bearers and their family often become the British equivalent of the Noble Houses of Soul Society.

    Every year, a randomly selected twenty members of each House are chosen to leave Annwn and go out into the mortal world and deal with Hollows as they see fit. Fae on such leave from their House are known as Fianna, and are exempt from all laws of their lords until the end of their sojourn and return to Annwn.

    Each monarch also rules a small Royal House. Tiarna or Pennaeth who truly distinguish themselves are promoted to this rank to serve as the monarch’s guardians and personal champions.

    Alongside the House structure exists the Aois-dŕna, a loose affiliation of bards and druids that serve as advisors to the lords of the Houses, historians, genealogists, legal specialists, and experts in Ealaín, the British form of kido.

    Capabilities of the Fae
    All abilities the Fae possess are mirrors of the abilities of shinigami. They can walk on air like their Japanese counterparts, and focus their training on Scileanna Laochra (Zanjutsu), Ystwythder (Hoho), Gan a Arm (Hakudo) and Ealaín (Kido).

    --------------------------
    A Note on Language
    Whilst most of the terminology for the Fae is based on Celtic languages, some, particularly the specifics and names of Ealaín, were brought to Britain from elsewhere. These use Ancient Sumerian.

    --------------------------

    In addition, every Fae possesses a Treoir Anam, their equivalent of a zanpakutou. These possess the potential for a Rhyddhau (shikai) and a Nerthol Rhyddhau (bankai) as a zanpakutou does. The only notable difference between a Treoir Anam and a zanpakutou is that the former are quite likely to take a shape other than a sword even when sealed, spears and axes in particular being quite common, and no small number of Aois-dŕna druids possessing sickles.

    Ealaín
    The mystic arts of Britain function identically to kido, the spells of a given path and number function the same as their foreign counterpart.

    Silakus: “Way of Destruction”
    1, Taka (Push)
    4, Sagir (Pale Lightning Flash): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and let forth the spite of clouds!
    11, Nuhuš Gír (Tamed Lightning)
    31, Urinti (Blood Arrow): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and let forth the tide of chaos!
    33, Nissati (Blue Arrow): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and let the west crash forth!
    54, Su-luh Izi (Cleansing Flames): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and empower me to remove impurity from your sight!
    58, Imiuru (Windstorm)
    63, Anurimiriu (Threefold Storm Roar)
    73, Erim Nissati (Host of Blue Arrows): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, drown out the sun, and call forth the sundering west winds!
    88, Aralimiriutil (Apocalyptic Threefold Netherworld Storm)
    90, Gitil (Black Ending)
    96, Ašgir Mŕnu (Single Sword Immolation)

    Girserusu: “Path of Shielding Arts”
    1, Šaga (Captive)
    4, Sigulul (Golden Chain)
    8, Tamšen (Reflecting Mirror)
    9, Eda (Paralysis): Balor! Lid your third eye, call up the hounds of Annwn, and grace us with the living death!
    21, Urinimi (Blood Cloud)
    26, Zah Bu (Hiding Light): Balor! Lid your third eye, turn your gaze away, and put the sun in their eyes!
    30, Ešhu Ulul (Three-Bird Restraint)
    37, Ulgu (Star Net)
    39, Senbu (Shielding Light): Balor! Lid your third eye, turn your gaze to me, and guard me with thine wrath!
    58, Igisar Lasar (Seeing the World, Knowing All): Balor! Lid your third eye, extend your sight forth, whisper in my ear, and let me see thine sight! The sun and moon are my eyes, the trembling ground my ear!
    61, Asni E-kurbu (Six-Body Prison of Light): Balor! Lid your third eye, gift the sun unto to me, and let its halo trap them!
    62, Űšukur (Hundred Spear Fence)
    63, Gisigulul (Locking Golden Chain)
    73, Išibalsig (Rotated Mountain Wall)
    75, Aš Barzilba-an (Five Adamant Pillars)
    77, Kadigir (Mouth of the Gods): Balor! Lid your third eye, and gift me with your voice! The clouds are as my mouth, and the skies are as my lungs!
    81, Barů-la (Splitting Nothingness)

    Geasa
    Unlike shinigami, the Fae bear an additional restraint upon their power: geasa (sing. geis). These are taboos for the Fae in question that they must not commit, or lose access to spiritual power or suffer some other misfortune. Anyone can bring a geasa on a Fae, though the Fae in question must willingly accept it. Treoir Anam spirits often require their wielder to agree to a geis before granting Rhyddhau or Nerthol Rhyddhau. They also pay a part in Fae society, geasa often being included in oaths to one’s lord or in marriage vows.

    Samsara
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    As for the Samsara, I intended for that to take place in a separate Episode thread, so whatever else is happening in the other threads is no real concern. However, Nick brought up a good point; I (and by "I" I mean Big Boss) can use the Takeshi assault to cover their attacks.

    ON THAT NOTE: I NEED TO KNOW WHO'S STILL INTERESTED IN PLAYING SAMSARA CHARACTERS. The plot will start very soon, and I need to know who I have to work with. So far, the list looks like this:

    Myself: Big Boss, Cassandra
    Dorizzit: Tsukime (I think that's her name, at least)
    Strawberryman: Magnus
    Wahrheit: Cha-Cha
    Riccaru: Aell Rennoc
    Sucrose: Yu Shen (Maybe? I don't know if this is still true or not)
    Nicklance: Keeper of Chronicles (Though he'll be caught up with the Kido Corps. plot.)

    If there's anyone else, please let me know. If any of you don't intend to play characters any more, please let me know, or I will assume that you still intend to play.


    Mortals


    Translators: Word Reference is a pretty good one for English to Spanish. Just don't translate phrases with it.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-07 at 06:13 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Latest: Epic Destinies of the Bo9S [WIP]

    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Troll Matesprits by Shades of Gray

    My Eberron Campaign has mechas, bandits on exploding steampunk motorcycles, electric guitars, and a wolfgirl cohort/animal companion. What about you?

    BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    RWBY RP characters!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Nicklance's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    *Kicks through the door in an explosive blast*

    FIRST!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    maximus25's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Woo, that new thread smell.
    Thanks to Ceika for the avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    *repairs the door*

    You and your crazy shenanigans.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    To answer the question from last thread:

    The Shigokuou are the four most influential (and potentially strongest) people in Zaraki. Considering the hellish nature of that place, what Kazuma did was probably something the tenth may have been trying to do for several years, and he did it in the span of a few days. Which is why it's a big deal.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    maximus25's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    I know it doesn't have anything to do with bleach, but in the FFRP central sticky thread it says there is a Full metal alchemist group. Did that fail and die? I don't see any thread on here with it's name, and I was kind of wanting to join that too.
    Thanks to Ceika for the avatar.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Yay more undermining of 10th!

    Anyways, thanks Kuroi for the explanation.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Actually, it's not really undermining. If you stop to think about it, Kazuma only really "captured" one of them. (He was lucky it was the one with the highest profile, but still.)

    Taiki might well have a thing against Kazuma for cooperating with criminals instead of capturing them as he should if he learns of this, of course.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Actually, it's not really undermining. If you stop to think about it, Kazuma only really "captured" one of them. (He was lucky it was the one with the highest profile, but still.)
    Indeed. And in so doing, he's opened up a vacuum of power, which a new Shigokuou, or perhaps a canny entrepreneur, can fill. More violence in Qing Di's district is possible until the new order takes hold.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-09-07 at 07:44 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Right, but it heavily implies that no one in 10th has been capable of doing such things, which makes the division's abilities seem entirely weaker. When 10th has been said to be working on something for a long period of time, and some dude from 11th goes and does what they've been trying to do for years in a matter of days or weeks it undermines their efforts.

    I don't personally care, since what's done is done and honestly I don't mind character development for other people. I am just stating and keeping track of it.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Right, but it heavily implies that no one in 10th has been capable of doing such things, which makes the division's abilities seem entirely weaker. When 10th has been said to be working on something for a long period of time, and some dude from 11th goes and does what they've been trying to do for years in a matter of days or weeks it undermines their efforts.

    I don't personally care, since what's done is done and honestly I don't mind character development for other people. I am just stating and keeping track of it.
    I'm personally assuming that it's less a lack of capacity, and more a matter of lack of will. They might have wanted to take out the Shigokuou, but not wanted to destabilize the area, so they've focused on curtailing their worst excesses, and then left things be for the time being, figuring that they were better than the alternative, and unlikely to be reasoned with, given how their subordinates work.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    It's also a matter that unlike the 10th division, Kazuma actually lived in Zaraki for enough time to know where they are and how to get them out of hiding. His approach was different, and that's the reason it really worked - he effectively used himself as bait since he was seen as a mover in the district first and a Shinigami second.

    When the cats come, the mice hide. But mice have no reason to hide from other mice, unless they're hoarding cheese.

    It's a terrible analogy, but it works.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It's also a matter that unlike the 10th division, Kazuma actually lived in Zaraki for enough time to know where they are and how to get them out of hiding. His approach was different, and that's the reason it really worked - he effectively used himself as bait since he was seen as a mover in the district first and a Shinigami second.

    When the cats come, the mice hide. But mice have no reason to hide from other mice, unless they're hoarding cheese.

    It's a terrible analogy, but it works.
    This is a fair point.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    "Lack of will" is sort of a dumb excuse to use for Taiki, in my mind. I mean, considering the kinds of things he's done, if he'd wanted to do something about it he would have just done something about it. So I guess if Taiki wasn't in charge of operations there, then yeah, maybe that's a possibility.

    And even in that case, it's still likely that 10th will be seen with a lack of caring. Since apparently it would have been possible for Taiki to go in and save them whenever he wanted (since Kazuma just did it), the people will naturally hate Sereitei for leaving them in such a situation for however long they did when they could have just walked in and changed it when they wanted.

    The way that it's stated, in any case, makes 10th look like failures. I am just stating this.

    Edit: And there's my solution.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-07 at 08:12 PM.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Well, Kazuma will be out for the count if Qing Di escapes 4th custody, so it would be up to the 10th to keep him where he belongs in the event that he does.

    And, again, it's not so much that they didn't want to or were completely unable to, but more that their opponents could hide so well within the search area. The specialty of 10th is capture and imprisonment, not tracking. Kazuma quite simply knew where to look and how to draw them out.

    From any number of standpoints it was a crazy stunt to pull anyway. Looking at a worst-case scenario he would have fought them four-on-one, and considering the state he came back in after fighting TWO of them (admittedly, the Qing Di switcharoo made an otherwise simple fight into a much more dangerous one, but hey), Kazuma could well have bitten the bullet on this one.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    TGVA: I understand wanting to make 10th seem competent.

    But in this case, consider: there are 320 districts (80 districts * 4 directions). 10th is big, and it's good. But it's not infinite. And Zaraki is a.)big, and b.)very very dangerous.

    You didn't complain when Sucrose's character from 10th was made out to be one of the few guys who regularly ventures out that way, at least without 6 guys to back him up. This is just a step up from that.

    What Kuroi did was, essentially, establish that each cardinal direction has a guy who's in charge of all gangs and such. Probably extending further than the 80th district.

    As he said, Kazuma has a much better understanding of how to draw them out. It helps he's apparently friends with one of these "kings". What he did was fight on their own terms. As well, he explicitly is trying to work with them. It's working with 2 of them at the least.

    And as stated, just taking out the 4 kings means a power vacuum.

    Unless Taiki's just going to slag all 4 80th Districts?

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    I didn't complain about Sucrose's character because he's a member of 10th. In fact, if Sucrose hadn't made his character, it would be a non-issue because I could just say that Taiki wasn't paying that much attention to the districts of Zaraki. Because he has a man out there, however, he kind of has to care, especially considering the specific man. Kazuma is a member of 11th. He's free to do what he wills, but he is stepping into 10th territory (as established by Goro Hayashi's involvement) and he is doing their job for them. While he has good intentions at heart, he makes 10th look like they're not doing their job. This is just how it is.

    I honestly am not complaining, merely pointing out that it does, effectively, make 10th look like they could have done this all along and were doing nothing by choice, which makes them look relatively incompetent. Whatever the reason, the fact is they look like they weren't doing anything when they could have done something. Because we don't know what the result of a power vacuum will be, but we know that we want to eliminate evil where it lies, this is something that is expected will be a net outcome. I am observing and everyone else is explaining to me why I'm wrong, so now I am arguing my viewpoint.

    And actually, 10th does have a division of troops entirely dedicated to tracking. There's an entire division of 10th devoted to undercover operations in various groups in the various districts. If these groups are as big a deal as you say they are, chances are high that there were operatives undercover in at least one of those groups already.

    I understand what you're all trying to say, but frankly, no one has yet convinced me that what Kazuma did doesn't step on 10th's toes and make them look like they could have done the same thing but just didn't do it for some reason, which makes them look incompetent. Whether or not they actually are (I hope they are not because otherwise they just shouldn't exist at all) is something else all together.

    Edit: Note that I don't wish anything were necessarily different. I just would like maybe some warning on things that are clearly in 10th's "sphere of influence".
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-07 at 09:01 PM.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    All this proves is 10th is not perfect.

    Imperfect != Incompetent.
    My Homebrew
    Latest: Epic Destinies of the Bo9S [WIP]

    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Troll Matesprits by Shades of Gray

    My Eberron Campaign has mechas, bandits on exploding steampunk motorcycles, electric guitars, and a wolfgirl cohort/animal companion. What about you?

    BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    RWBY RP characters!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    No, it proves that 10th is not perfect and that 11th is apparently better than them at doing their own job. If the 4 kings had just continued to exist, that would prove that 10th is not perfect because the Districts are not in a perpetual peace. When someone comes and solves the problem for 10th, clearly indicating that 10th could have done it if they had wanted, that makes them look incompetent.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-07 at 09:07 PM.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    When you put it that way, Kazuma DID step on the 10th's toes, I agree. I disagree with the idea that it makes them look incompetent because, quite simply, Kazuma's approach was about as subtle as a raging bull in a china shop. There were a LOT of things that could have gone horribly wrong seven ways from Sunday which, if the 10th had undertaken the same operation, would not have become an issue because they would be preemptively addressed.

    Undercover work takes time. One can say that you can't argue with results, but all in all, Taiki would have every right to give Kazuma a thorough tongue-lashing right now, because he could have very well endangered months, perhaps years' worth of work.

    So all in all, I wouldn't mind it one bit if Kazuma's unplanned actions were addressed ICly, similar to Soushi's actions but without necessarily the same outcome.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    It was one person. Not an entire division.
    My Homebrew
    Latest: Epic Destinies of the Bo9S [WIP]

    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Troll Matesprits by Shades of Gray

    My Eberron Campaign has mechas, bandits on exploding steampunk motorcycles, electric guitars, and a wolfgirl cohort/animal companion. What about you?

    BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    RWBY RP characters!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    What's the difference? Every member of their division represents that division. I believe that's how it works in organizations such as these.

    And actually, Taiki doesn't have that right, because he's not currently acting as Captain of 10th. Minor technicality there.

    Edit: In any event, the entire argument is a non-issue, events will be addressed IC most likely, and if people want to continue to try to convince me feel free to PM.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-07 at 09:12 PM.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Again, it looks good because he got good results, but that doesn't mean that a single man taking up action outside of his assigned duties is a good thing just because things went well. Militarily speaking, it's a bad idea to let people from one division overstep their boundaries into another division's business, since it sets a bad precedent.

    Kazuma succeeded more on the basis of fighting ability and inside information than anything resembling a well thought-out plan. The information he had, if volunteered to the 10th, could well have led to a breakthrough - maybe not the exact same outcome, but an improvement nonetheless.

    So, again, it's not that he did a better job than 10th does, it's just that he had access to things that they did not.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    What's the difference? Every member of their division represents that division. I believe that's how it works in organizations such as these.

    And actually, Taiki doesn't have that right, because he's not currently acting as Captain of 10th. Minor technicality there.

    Edit: In any event, the entire argument is a non-issue, events will be addressed IC most likely, and if people want to continue to try to convince me feel free to PM.
    That right would pass on to Goro, then, as the next seated officer in the 10th (unless I'm forgetting someone, which I believe I am.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    That right would pass on to Goro, then, as the next seated officer in the 10th (unless I'm forgetting someone, which I believe I am.
    You're forgetting four other people, two of whom are being played at the moment, to my knowledge. Taro Banzuke is Acting Captain.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    But not every member of the Division has the exact same skills, knowledge, history, and so forth. That is what let Kazuma even have a chance of succeeding.

    No offense, but why weren't you objecting when this episode was going on?

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Well, technically he did do a better job than 10th did (past-tense). I'm not saying he did a better job than 10th could have theoretically done.

    And yes, Taro, as acting Captain, or maybe Aya as acting VC would have the right to make that judgment.

    And I didn't object when the episode was going on because I didn't know what the episode was even about. In any event, it still doesn't matter anymore.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

    Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Well, technically he did do a better job than 10th did (past-tense). I'm not saying he did a better job than 10th could have theoretically done.

    And yes, Taro, as acting Captain, or maybe Aya as acting VC would have the right to make that judgment.

    And I didn't object when the episode was going on because I didn't know what the episode was even about. In any event, it still doesn't matter anymore.
    Fairly important point, bolding mine for emphasis.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    nothingclever's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    I gotta say even though I don't even look into Soul Society threads I have to agree with tgva8889. The 4 kings are supposed to be a big deal. He said his character's division has a subsection that specifically works within the area the 4 kings are in. He said that section has the skills to do what Kazuma does: track people/covertly gather intelligence/infiltrate groups. He said that section would make the 4 kings a high priority. Why couldn't the subsection of the division that would go after this problem plus Taiki and however many of his men from other sections he chooses to assign to dealing with the problem assuming he believes that one section isn't enough not solve the problem before Kazuma could?

    I don't think the explanations are good enough either.
    "Not everyone has Kazuma's skills. Not everyone has his knowledge. Not everyone is willing to take the risks he did."

    He's saying there are people with Kazuma's skills assigned to the area who would go after the problem. They would spend years gathering the knowledge Kazuma has because it's their job. Taiki would draw on as many additional resources as needed within reason to get rid of the 4 kings eliminating the risk issue.

    tgva8889 is asking how Kazuma beats a heck of a lot of people of various levels of power to the punch when it comes to solving a problem they would actively go after as soon as they knew about it.

    I think the appropriate argument is that you can't expect the 10th division to always solve problems within their sphere of influence before anyone else can, but I think he's right in asking that people consult him before doing stuff like this so he has some input into how events are played out/explained or just so he doesn't have any surprises. Maybe Kazuma could've worked with Taiki's men or something.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-07 at 10:24 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I gotta say even though I don't even look into Soul Society threads I have to agree with tgva8889. The 4 kings are supposed to be a big deal. He said his character's division has a subsection that specifically works within the area the 4 kings are in. He said that section has the skills to do what Kazuma does: track people/covertly gather intelligence/infiltrate groups. He said that section would make the 4 kings a high priority. Why couldn't the subsection of the division that would go after this problem plus Taiki and however many of his men from other sections he chooses to assign to dealing with the problem assuming he believes that one section isn't enough not solve the problem before Kazuma could?

    I don't think the explanations are good enough either.
    "Not everyone has Kazuma's skills. Not everyone has his knowledge. Not everyone is willing to take the risks he did."

    He's saying there are people with Kazuma's skills assigned to the area who would go after the problem. They would spend years gathering the knowledge Kazuma has because it's their job. Taiki would draw on as many additional resources as needed within reason to get rid of the 4 kings eliminating the risk issue.

    tgva8889 is asking how Kazuma beats a heck of a lot of people of various levels of power to the punch when it comes to solving a problem they would actively go after as soon as they knew about it.

    I guess you can just use the argument that you can't expect the 10th division to always solve problems within their sphere of influence before anyone else can, but I think he's right in asking that people consult him before doing stuff like this so he has some input into how events are played out/explained or just so he doesn't have any surprises. Maybe Kazuma could've worked with Taiki's men or something.
    I think the best answer is that while 10th was trying to take them down quietly and completely stamp out the entire orginization in one fell swoop, Kazuma waltzed in and tried to beat the entire criminal underwold to death with a stick. 10th was well on their way to getting the job done when Kazuma interfered, possibly setting back the rest by sending the other 3 into hiding or something. As it is now, they might not have enough to actually convict the guy at this point. Would make for an interesting plot.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •