Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "...I'm tempted to say red jacket over a kimono..."

Inoue chuckles. "But no, that'd probably draw too much attention. Jeans and a t-shirt, please."
    Bonus points if you get the reference.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Question is, can Von Geister create a metropolis of cheese?
    DON'T TEMPT HIM! He might do just that!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Bonus points if you get the reference.
    That's easy. Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-14 at 08:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Question is, can Von Geister create a metropolis of cheese?
    Well, it is protein. He would need to adapt a spell to make blight produce milk first, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Greetings, BleachITP. As you may not have noticed, what little activity I had has been greatly diminished these last few days.

The reason for that is that I was kidnapped by turtles wearing sunglasses, all rumours of homework and colds are pure libel!
    >_>
    <_<

But despite me now having managed my daring escape, I have missed some stuff. Including the part where I wanted to introduce my mortal character.

Can I just have her show up and be introduced when the next schoolday begins? Granted that I can figure out what time of day it is in the Mortal world, of course.

If not, then I must support the Los Nachos plan. There will no doubt be a way to introduce a character when things get that cheesy.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    One of the prisons currently under construction could be dubbed "The Maggot's Nest". It really is just a name, and Taro could assign that name to any of the prisons currently under construction. There are no current plans to find a mountain and hollow it out to recreate Maggot's Nest, and at this point there really shouldn't be. (In fact, it's highly arguable that Taiki should be judged by the Central 46 for holding Hannibal in very inhumane conditions down there.).
    Very technically, Maggot's Nest was operating under the sanction of Central 46. However, now that the facility is gone, they might reconsider whether it was really worth it.

I don't think Hannibal's treatment would be the deciding factor - it'd be treatment of everyone else as well. Locking people up for little fault of their own and erasing them from history? Why not juat execute them?

Whether Taiki will or should take the fallout of the situation, I'll leave for you to decide. I do think it'd make an interesting subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    1. I don't think Episode 11 is the right place to go for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Frozen Feet did request it.
    Indeed I did; I felt it'd fit with my earlier suggestion of them going somewhere else than Phoenix town, and Ep. 11 does have room for two more characters.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    But despite me now having managed my daring escape, I have missed some stuff. Including the part where I wanted to introduce my mortal character.

Can I just have her show up and be introduced when the next schoolday begins? Granted that I can figure out what time of day it is in the Mortal world, of course.
    You haven't actually missed the part where you'd have a good opportunity to introduce your mortal world character. We haven't gotten around to the cafe meeting yet. People have just decided to do more and more stuff during the day before it and the beginning of the actual day it's supposed to happen.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-14 at 03:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    You haven't actually missed the part where you'd have a good opportunity to introduce your mortal world character. We haven't gotten around to the cafe meeting yet. People have just decided to do more and more stuff during the day before it and the beginning of the actual day it's supposed to happen.
    Well Angelo is already at Venti Buon trying to have a nice cup of coffee.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is it common knowledge that there is an execution going on in soul society?

I messed up the honorific again, oops.
    Thanks to Ceika for the avatar.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, Wolverine and Sabertooth smelling each other from a distance?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

I must be too tired from work to notice to what your comment refers.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    That's easy. Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai.
    Indeedy. I'm in a KnK binge mode right now, so I'll probably drop quite a few references in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Very technically, Maggot's Nest was operating under the sanction of Central 46. However, now that the facility is gone, they might reconsider whether it was really worth it.

I don't think Hannibal's treatment would be the deciding factor - it'd be treatment of everyone else as well. Locking people up for little fault of their own and erasing them from history? Why not juat execute them?

Whether Taiki will or should take the fallout of the situation, I'll leave for you to decide. I do think it'd make an interesting subplot.
    This is actually something that I have an argument for. The response is terrible and inhumane, but it is something that Taiki would have believed, especially in Hannibal's case.

People who are evil in this life, when killed, will return to the cycle, be reborn, and be evil again. Better to trap these souls here, under the eyes of wardens who live for nothing but their permanent entrapment, then to force them upon the world of the living once more.

If anyone wants to run that subplot, feel free to let me know. Me, I'd rather not do it right now.

Edit: Hey, Ricarru, let me know when you want Nao and Karashi to talk.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-14 at 08:50 PM.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Is it common knowledge that there is an execution going on in soul society?

I messed up the honorific again, oops.
    Assuming you mean Suzume's execution, no, it wouldn't be common knowledge that it was going on, since Daisuke just now started the preparations. However, there were probably a lot of rumors flying around as to the execution, and why Daisuke waited this long to do it.

As for the honorific, I'm fine just flying with that, it doesn't bother me at all. Daisuke hasn't been a high-ranking officer for very long, so it wouldn't be surprising for a few people to refer to him by -chan, and some people who are around his rank still refer to him that way. After all, he still looks like he's 13.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Assuming you mean Suzume's execution, no, it wouldn't be common knowledge that it was going on, since Daisuke just now started the preparations. However, there were probably a lot of rumors flying around as to the execution, and why Daisuke waited this long to do it.

As for the honorific, I'm fine just flying with that, it doesn't bother me at all. Daisuke hasn't been a high-ranking officer for very long, so it wouldn't be surprising for a few people to refer to him by -chan, and some people who are around his rank still refer to him that way. After all, he still looks like he's 13.
    So I have heard rumors that there might be an execution soon?

I can work with that.
    Thanks to Ceika for the avatar.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so I worked out some Necromancia stuff for Ivaz. Obviously, at her level, she wouldn't have too many things. And she'd have to actually spend time working on these to develop them.

I mostly did it just cause I can. I might have her start on this after the Ruwa/Mei stuff. Not sure yet.

So, this is all I have for now. Her fundamental and one lesser spell.

Necromancia, Ivaz Erizo: Amante de tomar placer del dolor (Mistress of taking pleasure from pain)

Ivaz Erizo pretty much seeks only one thing: pleasure. Almost all of her decisions are based on what will make her happy. And Ivaz is a woman who is pleased by the simple things in life: torture, pain, sex, death. She doesn't try to hide these facts. In fact, she will often boast about them. Rub them in other's faces. It is her firm belief that if one does not gain pleasure from an action, than there is no valid reason to perform that action.

As it stands, many people know what Ivaz is like. What she can do. A person who knows her may not be able to predict exactly what she'll do, but they can tell you that whatever it is, she will do it with the goal of bringing herself pleasure.

Fundamental - Filosofía del Sádico (Sadist's Philosophy)

When given the choice, Ivaz will take whatever action pleases her the most. And in her experience, nothing brings her more pleasure than causing pain to others. Her reiatsu reacts to pain being caused near her. It amplifies, making her stronger. It grows even more if she's the one causing the pain. This does have a downside. One similar to her Resurrección. As her reiatsu grows from the pain of others, she gets more wrapped up in the pleasure. Her mind starts to be numbed. She doesn't think as logically as normal. This doesn't make her any more or less dangerous. Just a different kind of dangerous.

Lesser Spells
    Spoiler
    Show
    Posición Perfecto (Perfect Position): This infuses an attack with some of her reiatsu. When her target is cut, the reiatsu moves into the wound and spreads. It seeks to overtake the target's muscles, causing them to freeze in a spread-eagle position. This allows Ivaz to "play" with her target to her heart's content, without the hassle of having to force them into submission. How long this lasts depends both on the strength of the target's reiatsu, and the strength of her own. Once her reiatsu enters her target, she can't change how much is in them. If she misjudges how strong they are, the target may not even become paralyzed.

Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2011-09-14 at 11:07 PM.
    University of Michigan Helmet design done by myself.
    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was like The Lord of the Rings and All My Children had a baby with Macho Man Randy Savage and a Whac-A-Mole machine. - Bob the Skull

This is less like tingling, and more like horrible pain! - Ironman

Punch first, ask questions while punching. - Vi

My DeviantArt
    CHARACTERS
    My Fire Red Nuzlocke comic.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Minor nitpick: Filosofía Sádica is actually "Sadistic" Philosophy. Filosofía del Sádico would be the words you're looking for.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

C-can someone post in episode 11 and play a soul or three. Granted I'm going to need two of them to die horribly
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2011-09-14 at 11:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Minor nitpick: Filosofía Sádica is actually "Sadistic" Philosophy. Filosofía del Sádico would be the words you're looking for.
    Ah, okay then. Thanks. I was working off the Google translator.
    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was like The Lord of the Rings and All My Children had a baby with Macho Man Randy Savage and a Whac-A-Mole machine. - Bob the Skull

My DeviantArt
    CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

This is actually something that I have an argument for. The response is terrible and inhumane, but it is something that Taiki would have believed, especially in Hannibal's case.
    That argument is so questionable, it would be grounds for revising their policy of Maggot's Nest on itself. But, we'll let the issue lie for now. Put the idea behind your ear and notify when or if you'd like to solve that plot thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    C-can someone post in episode 11 and play a soul or three. Granted I'm going to need two of them to die horribly
    Hey, riccaru? I think we found a function for our teenage delinquents. Maybe they could run from Silva and bump into Mimus and Absalon? That sounds like it'd get the party started.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

People who are evil in this life, when killed, will return to the cycle, be reborn, and be evil again. Better to trap these souls here, under the eyes of wardens who live for nothing but their permanent entrapment, then to force them upon the world of the living once more.
    be evil again?

No they are not I think.

I was very surprised of this statement. Is this decision of BleachITP game for world?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

No, it's the opinion of a single character (Taiki Takahashi), who is not in his right mind. So it's not a truth of our setting.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    be evil again?

No they are not I think.

I was very surprised of this statement. Is this decision of BleachITP game for world?
    Not a decision, merely a personal belief for a moderately deranged (mad, crazy, bonkers, woolie-doolie) character.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

Isn't the Maggot's Nest canon though, we dont know if it is used like Taiki used it obviously, but it does seem that the Soul Society and the C46 have utilized a specialized prison throughout the history of the Gotei.

While i could potentially see us going away from Canon for RP sake, but have the C46 totally changed their ideas concerning the need for such a specialized prison? They seemed to throw Aizen in for 20k years or so right?

I mean, that seems pretty abusive, but even given what he did they didnt execute him. As if execution is getting off easy for major crimes.

I am not saying anything shoudlnt or couldnt happen, but a total removal of the need for a highly secretive and specialized prison seems to go with the Canon universe, not just Taiki's character.

now please do not take any of this as me being harsh or hate filled or demeaning or antagonistic or anything negative... i am just asking a question and saying my thoughts.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh I challenge Taiki's thoughts that killing a soul will result in releasing a criminal back to the mortal world.

What if souls that got sent back to the grind machine are thoroughly cleansed before popping out of a womb? It is entirely plausible too.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe, maybe not. The truth of the matter is, we don't know. Obviously horrible souls exist, or there wouldn't be people like Mayuri. We don't know whether it's inherent that the soul is good or evil. In a setting like Bleach there's some basis in that theory, as spiritual power is somewhat soul-dependent, not necessarily life/person-dependent. It is entirely plausible that a soul that dies loses all traces of anything good or evil when they are sent back to the land of the living. However, there is no proof either way. It's better to be safe than sorry in Taiki's point of view.

By the way, no one who was put in Maggot's Nest performed crimes that were worth anything less than Execution. I feel that some of them probably had a choice between Execution or Maggot's Nest. It wasn't like, "steal a piece of bread from someone and get caught, bam you're in the Nest your whole life." It would have to be more extreme than that.

I don't necessarily agree with it, I just see that this is a reason that could be had by someone for the existence of Maggot's Nest. I'm sure Taiki believed in it. However, Maggot's Nest existed before Taiki became Captain. He wasn't the one who had it built. So maybe things were better in Mio's time (hint hint they were).
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Isn't the Maggot's Nest canon though, we dont know if it is used like Taiki used it obviously, but it does seem that the Soul Society and the C46 have utilized a specialized prison throughout the history of the Gotei.

While i could potentially see us going away from Canon for RP sake, but have the C46 totally changed their ideas concerning the need for such a specialized prison? They seemed to throw Aizen in for 20k years or so right?

I mean, that seems pretty abusive, but even given what he did they didnt execute him. As if execution is getting off easy for major crimes.

I am not saying anything shoudlnt or couldnt happen, but a total removal of the need for a highly secretive and specialized prison seems to go with the Canon universe, not just Taiki's character.

now please do not take any of this as me being harsh or hate filled or demeaning or antagonistic or anything negative... i am just asking a question and saying my thoughts.
    Function of Maggot's Nest was somewhat different in canon. First of all, it did not house criminals, per se. Instead, in canon, there is no such thing as "retirement" or "dismissal" from the ranks of Gotei. If someone "transfers out" due to not fitting in, in reality, they are sent to the Nest, regardless of whether they ever did anything wrong.

In addition, in the canon Nest, the inmates were allowed to wander freely, with only one person (Mayuri Kurotsuchi) being condemned to solitary confinement. Overall, the place was less like a prison, and more like twisted nursing home or asylum.

So, Nest wasn't a real punishment in canon at all. Everything points to actual crimes being met with capital punishment. The reason Aizen was incarcerated, instead of executed, was because he was deemed immortal. They only let him live because they couldn't kill him.

Now, Taiki's Nest was a bit different. First of all, solitary confinement and all sorts of punitive actions were much more common. Second, secrecy and security were also much tighter. Third, it contained actual criminals.

Bear in mind, when I placed Hannibal in the Nest, I was working on the canonical picture of it. It's part of his backstory that he was going to be executed, but a plea from 12th (and possibly, Mio, the prior Captain of 10th and founder of the Nest in our game) saved his hide. It wasn't until after Mio's death and Taiki's rise to power that he was put to solitary confinement and his effective sentence went from "be let out someday, maybe" to "rot under a mountain forever".

Ultimately, it would be in Central's interest to have some high-security, highly secret prison facility. However, wether they'd want to assign building or guarding it to Gotei, authority of it to Taiki, so on and so forth, are open questions. It's also doubtful whether such facility is needed for actual inmates of Maggot's Nest. They might have been dangerous once. Many of them have been there for ages. It is possible Hannibal was the only one of them who was a real threat anymore.

28. - Top - End - #298

The delinquents are going to lead Silva to the park to move the plot along by taking her dagger. She'll catch up to them before they reach the park of course, but by then the Arrancar should notice a lone bount.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    The delinquents are going to lead Silva to the park to move the plot along by taking her dagger. She'll catch up to them before they reach the park of course, but by then the Arrancar should notice a lone bount.
    Yay plot movement!

I don't think Silva has run into Arrancar before. So, this should be an experience for her.
    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My DeviantArt
    CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

*sad face*

"No-one remembers me..."

Though, Elder's current spiritual form is not that different from normal Hollows. It's not as distinctly human. So Silva is forgiven.