New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Vizard technically exist, but they're not widespread, and that's as much because we want to keep a reign on the power level as anything else (the last iteration of the game had a lot of them, and things got pretty crazy).

To delve further, one Vizard (Hannibal) is, I believe, currently lost in Hueco Mundo, has no sword, and seems to have little control over his powers. Another (Karite) is in Soul Society, but has had his power severely sealed and is basically under pain of death. We have a couple of Mortal Vizards of one stripe or another (Valeria and Cackling Oni), but they're not really high on the power scale.

(All these characters I've named are in our Character Registry, which I encourage you to skim.)

As for active players....somewhere around a dozen-ish? A lot of us play several characters.

EDIT: Pretty much, tgva. I think it ends up "unlocking potential" or something for some power boost, but it's just as much that you get more stuff to "play with".
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-09-28 at 04:24 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Vizard status also isn't a strict "power-up" in this game, it's more of just a change from being pure-whatever to part Hollow.

Edit: I deleted my post because you said it all better.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-28 at 04:25 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hmmmm...well I don't plan on them being a powerhouse either way. Nor would they have good control. Eh, I'll present two then. One with an inner hollow, one without. Worse case I just play the non-Vizard. I can understand the power concern.

As for the view of them I wasn't planning on being aligned had I been Vizard. I was considering a rogue shinigami who kept it hidden and never used it so as to not draw attention. Thus trying to keep it in control most the time. A good person basically who somehow got screwed and has the hollow in him, thus putting him in negative views if people found out.

Other than that possibly some regular Shinigami, but we'll see. I'll start working on two characters and see which people like best.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vizards exist...but as far as making one goes, it's pretty restricted. Mostly because we're trying to avoid crazy powerful people, and Vizards by nature are pretty powerful.

Active players. Well, off the top of my head, I'd have to say there's about 20 active players. Maybe a few more.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    As for the view of them I wasn't planning on being aligned had I been Vizard. I was considering a rogue shinigami who kept it hidden and never used it so as to not draw attention. Thus trying to keep it in control most the time. A good person basically who somehow got screwed and has the hollow in him, thus putting him in negative views if people found out.
    Well this character would have a fairly interesting relationship with Taiki.

By that I mean their relationship would consist of Taiki hunting them down if they ever stepped foot in Soul Society.

(Also I thought that pretty much all our Shinigami Vizard were this way.)

Edit: By the way, if it weren't a huge-ass power level concern, having Taiki get an Inner Hollow would be fan-friking-tastic.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-28 at 05:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Concept 1. This is the Vizard. She's really not that hard to change if you guys would prefer she not be. She rarely uses the power and it mostly affects her personality as opposed to any form of power. Either way, I can change things in case you guys still want no Vizard.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Orimoto Ranoue
    Race: Shinigami (Vizard)
    Allegiance: N/A (Good person, but technically a "Loose Cannon" I would guess since she's not part of any side)

Appearance: Orimoto has long straight pink hair that goes down to a few inches below her waist. She keeps her hair straight and loose and rarely puts it in any designs like pony tails or pig tails. She wears a black sleeveless top with a gold colored trim that exposes her midriff and is rather loose. Her pants are also rather loose and decorative and, like the top, is black with a gold trim. She has blue eyes and constantly an annoyed look on her face.

Personality: Orimoto tends to get rather annoyed at stupidity and tends to be a bit too serious. It isn't that she lacks a sense of humor, its that she is rather bitter about her inner hollow. Due to the fact that this creature inside of her has caused her to now fear Soul Society and herself she is very pessimistic and a bit bitter. However, she still tries to do the right thing both for her own moral sake and with hopes that enough good actions will keep the evil inside her at bay.

Combat Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Skill Hand-to-Hand Combat: Physically, Orimoto is in great physical condition. While she's not at the skill level of being able to catch swords or block heavy hits, she is flexible and skilled at dodging and striking for vital points quickly. One of her most used tactics is aiming for a male opponent's Adam's apple. By dodging and getting in close she often strikes there in order to leave her target unable to breath or focus. While she is able to throw kicks, she tends to prefer her feet on the ground to give her stable footwook usually using her feet for either surprise attacks, quick strikes, or parries.

Typical Shinigami Stat: As a Shinigami she is faster, stronger, and more durable than the average human. However, her strength and durability are nothing special compared to other Shinigami. Her flexibility and speed are slightly above average, but again nothing extraordinary.

Keen Intellect: Due to her lowered physical strength, Orimoto tends to rely on analyzing and making precise targeted strikes as opposed to multiple hard hitting strikes. She tends to spend combat using her speed and flexibility to dodge until she can get an opening that matters. She's ignored openings before just so the target doesn't realize it is open until she can make a decisive strike.

Skilled Swordsmanship: Orimoto's complete lack of knowledge of Kido has caused her to relay on her sword most often in combat. While nowhere near the level of high level sword masters, she can hold her own against most foes. She is right handed, usually preferring to save her left hand for unarmed strikes.

Shunpo Proficient: Orimoto is capable of Shunpo, but is in no way skilled at it. Her shunpo is unreliable and highly tiring on her, as such it is used only in cases of emergencies if then.

Inner Hollow: Orimoto is terrified of the creature inside her and refuses to use it willingly. She avoids it and tries to pretend it doesn't exist. This fear causes her to have a hard time sleeping and gives her constant nightmares.

Zanpakuto:
    Sealed: Typical Katana

Shikai:
    Melee-type
    Ketsumei
    Release Command: End All, Ketsumei

Her Shikai Ketsumei appears as an English longsword. The cross-piece bends out and points forward. Both the handle and the cross-piece are black. The blade itself glows with a red aura and the pommel is sharp. The sword feeds on life and by sending some of her energy into the sword she can strengthen it, at the cost of her stamina and energy. The blade starts out weak, but each strike it makes on the enemy causes it to 'lust for more blood' and grow a bit stronger. While mostly a melee type, it is capable of a small burst of energy that can shoot a few feet forward.

Having just obtained Ketsumei, Orimoto can't use it to its max and as such her energy projectile attack fizzles out quickly and leaves her drained. She can't keep her Shikai up for long and is still working on mastering it.

Bankai:
    She just obtained Shikai, you really think she has a bankai?
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 05:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm. I feel like her inner Hollow could easily be replaced by a different reason, but maybe that's just me. I don't see a background on her, but I guess you're not writing one yet until you feel she can get into the game.

Overall she seems like low seat material. Her skills are fairly subpar as Shinigami go, from what you've written. With that said, how has she managed to elude Soul Society since gaining an Inner Hollow? Vizards are the kind of creature Seireitei doesn't usually leave alone.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, I can add more to the Inner Hollow (I'll admit, concern that you guys would want it out meant I didn't want to tie it in too much). I can tie it in more if need be. Like I said, hesitant due to the thinking it might get cut.

Background I can work on if you'd like to see that first.

I figured being new, low seat should be the power level. (I didn't want to try and have a powerful character right at character creation). At the very least she HAS shikai so that's something. Given, it's a weaker shikai and she hasn't mastered it, but she's got it.

As for how she avoided, I can add stealth as part of her abilities. I figured they might have had something better to do then hunt her down.

I could make her an ex 2nd-ops in her backstory if that's ok. Thus she kinda just disappeared and hide and laid low? If she's super wanted and they'd really want to hunt her down I can work on adding stuff.

I wasn't sure how Soul Society would react. On one hand, Vizard no like. On the other hand, they tended to kinda ignore people in the mortal world in the manga (Urahara, all the other Vizard, etc). If that's not the case in this RP I can change it up some.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 05:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is that Taiki Takahashi, Captain of 10th Division (who are basically the Police) hates Vizards with a passion. If your character was a Shinigami and acquired an Inner Hollow while Taiki was Captain, chances are high your character would have been arrested almost immediately.

I mean, the only thing that stopped Taiki from doing other bad things to Karite is Natsuko.

Edit: If she's good at Hakuda, 10th is a possible fit, as besides 2nd I think 10th is the division that trains Hakuda the most. It also makes me laugh because, you know, Vizard.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-28 at 05:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Orc in the Playground

The power level is SLIGHTLY less worrisome as a Vizard in this game because it's not a straight-up power boost the likes of which we see in canon. That said, making her a low seated is a good idea. (Hint: unseated typically don't have shikai. That's what sets most seated officers from unseated.)

I meant that she doesn't really seem like she HAS to be a Vizard for her concept to work (because Seireitei has a number of reasons to hate people; see Kujo and Suzume in-game, for example). It's not a bad thing, mind you - chances are she will eventually grow in power as the game progresses, even if she'll probably never hit the cap (read: Bankai) until the end.

Hmmm. Bad skill with Kidou (so no Kyokko) and only average Shunpou means she'd be kind of a bad fit for 2nd (frankly, it kinda worries me how there's a lot of ex-2nd divisioners in the game, but it's pretty minor).

Which division do you see her in before going rogue?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #881

Possibility if you still want her to be Vizard, and have a better chance of not being hunted.

Maybe she left the Seireitei before she developed any Vizard traits.

Course, then you'd have to up with a reason for her to leave in the first place.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hmmm so I need a way that Taiki hasn't specifically chased after me, found me, beat my ass, and dragged me back? That's the rough part. I don't suppose her being such a low seat matters? As in a "not worth paying attention to?"

Honestly, what I was thinking was she just vanished. She's trying to keep the Vizard thing on the down low. I'm thinking in the backstory having her disappear once she starts realizing what is inside her. Thus perhaps it isn't KNOWN she is a Vizard yet. Just that she went AWOL

Good point on the bad for 2nd. I was merely trying to think of a stealth fit, but I suppose I can fit stealth without her being ex-2nd.

I get what you mean about the Vizard thing, like I said I didn't tie the concept in too much in case it had to be removed. Mainly it was less a power boost and more a future use (like I said, growing stronger). I've been trying to play a Vizard in a few other games that always tend to die.

Glad she turned out low seat though, that was the original goal. Both as a "I'm just starting" and a "plenty of room to grow". I do plan on her Shunpo getting better. I just didn't think she should start as good at anything and Shunpo seemed a higher level skill.

As for original squad, I was waiting to slip that in background once I knew a bit more. I just read the section on each on the wiki.

9th seems like it could work. They like Kido, but it isn't necessary. Perhaps her stealth offset the little and limited Kido.

10th could be interesting for a few reasons. One, knowing that Taiki would beat her ass due to the hollow thing would have caused her to flee. Plus it would fit the "I might have a monster in me, but I'll still fight for what is right". It would also fit the analyzing side.

11th only vaguely fits. Sure she uses a blade not Kido, and is good with it, but still isn't top dog, so perhaps not.

I'm leaning towards either 9th or 10th, liking 10th most.

Edit: Just saw the suggestion about leaving before hand. I'm thinking something along those lines. Perhaps she started to realize and left before it full on happened.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 06:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #883

Yeah. Something along the lines of getting paranoid about going to somebody about it, so she took off.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm REALLY leaning towards 10th Division. She starts to realize and is about to say something to someone when she sees how her Captain reacted to Karite and realized "crap...can't say anything...gotta leave as soon as I get the chance."

I mean, it seems your Captain would normally be the first to say something too. Then...oh crap I can't.

On a side note can I get more details on the Karite / Taiki thing
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 06:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Basically, Taiki and Karite were (are?) friends-by-relation to Natsuko, who is Taiki's wife and Karite's Captain. Karite got hollowfied, Taiki went up to him and was like: "Stay the **** away from my family" which would be kinda hard for him, considering he's a VC for her.

Go read Taiki's background (in the registry) if you have any questions.

Edit: She could have been hollowfied and escaped before Taiki became Captain, but that would make her over 100 years old. I feel like the "Vizard hatred" may not have been as high in Sereitei before a captain was killed by one, so it would have been more likely for her to escape without being found out.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-28 at 06:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Basically, Taiki and Karite were (are?) friends-by-relation to Natsuko, who is Taiki's wife and Karite's Captain. Karite got hollowfied, Taiki went up to him and was like: "Stay the **** away from my family" which would be kinda hard for him, considering he's a VC for her.

Go read Taiki's background (in the registry) if you have any questions.
    Gotcha, I didn't realize that was in the backstory.

Actually it was in Karite's backstory (kinda). Taiki didn't mention Karite as far as I can see. However, I see why Taiki hates hollow.

Seems pretty laid back though if it was just "stay away". Is Karite still the VC. According to the registry he is. So you have a Vizard VC?
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Natsuko has a Vizard VC. Yes.

It was a scene that occurred in-game, which is why it's not in back story.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ahh gotcha.

In all honessy 100 years old isn't that much for a Shinigami :P But anyways. What if nobody knew about the hollowfication? As mentioned earlier. Perhaps she was off on a mission, it infected her. She started to notice the changes, realized she couldn't tell anyone ESPECIALLY not her Captain, and next mission went AWOL.

On a side note, if they didn't know she had a hollow in her how would the Gotei 13 feel about her? I mean she still went AWOL. Just curious how opinions of her are going to be.

Edit: You control Taiki right?
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 07:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Pixie in the Playground

Welcome Major!

Don't take this the wrong way! I'd love to have a new character to RP with in the 10th, but we do seem to have a lot of active members (me, Nick, Tgva, Sucrose), at least compared to some of the other divisions.

Maybe some of the other divisions might benefit more from having an active RPer in them. Some divisions are sparse. The others around here may be able to give some examples perhaps some with some even with some plot lines ready to go which would benefit from a new character helping move them forward.

I hope that does not come across as discouraging, because i will be ecstatic no matter where you land your characters! New RPers = awesome!

(PS...everyone else)
    -Can i go about changing the wiki stuff for the 9th Division? Hirokatsu wants to run and organize it differently, and i have been RPing him doing it little by little so far. (Major's post reminded me of some of the things which are not as accurate anymore under Hirokatsu's leadership)

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Welcome Major!

Don't take this the wrong way! I'd love to have a new character to RP with in the 10th, but we do seem to have a lot of active members (me, Nick, Tgva, Sucrose), at least compared to some of the other divisions.

Maybe some of the other divisions might benefit more from having an active RPer in them. Some divisions are sparse. The others around here may be able to give some examples perhaps some with some even with some plot lines ready to go which would benefit from a new character helping move them forward.

I hope that does not come across as discouraging, because i will be ecstatic no matter where you land your characters! New RPers = awesome!

(PS...everyone else)
    -Can i go about changing the wiki stuff for the 9th Division? Hirokatsu wants to run and organize it differently, and i have been RPing him doing it little by little so far. (Major's post reminded me of some of the things which are not as accurate anymore under Hirokatsu's leadership)
    Actually...she isn't in any division. The conversation was about what division she used to be in. She's currently AWOL and in the real world.

Now then, that conversation was if the first concept doesn't work. If the first concept doesn't work I'll fall back on a regular shinigami in which case I'll need to find an organization and group to join.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 07:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Well, they knew about Vizards an undetermined but long time ago, as Taiki fought and killed one (it's an unspecified time before he became a Captain).

If it was before 100 years ago, Mio was a much nicer and less Vizard-hating Captain than Taiki is, so if something bad had happened to anyone in 10th Mio would be more likely to personally help them recover than to reprimand them for being hollowfied.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, they knew about Vizards an undetermined but long time ago, as Taiki fought and killed one (it's an unspecified time before he became a Captain).

If it was before 100 years ago, Mio was a much nicer and less Vizard-hating Captain than Taiki is, so if something bad had happened to anyone in 10th Mio would be more likely to personally help them recover than to reprimand them for being hollowfied.
    In which case it seems like within 100 years would work better, otherwise she'd have no reason to keep it a secret and flee.

I'm just curious if there is any problems I'm not seeing with the "keep it a secret and flee". The outcome is she is still AWOL, nobody knows, and she's pretty low on the list for the shinigami to hunt down.

Also, how does the Gotei 13 in this setting feel about AWOL shinigami assuming AWOL is the only known crime?
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 07:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

That depends on who's list we're talking about.

Being AWOL is a crime, since she was enrolled in duty before disappearing. I believe the military refers to it as "desertion." Deserters do get punished, though not as badly as many other military criminals.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-28 at 07:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Orc in the Playground

There are a number of other crimes she COULD go in for instead, but as far as AWOL Shinigami go... it's basically desertion. Army-like settings such as Seireitei don't look upon it too kindly. At the VERY least, she'd get the Seireitei equivalent of a court-martial (I think imprisonment would probably be a very valid sentence for this, but unless she actually harmed anyone on the way out, execution would not be. Of course... she might not really KNOW that).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Yeah, I realize desertion is a crime, I was just curious how high up the list she'd be. (Like if she was a known Vizard Taiki would hunt her and hunt her, but if she was AWOL how much manpower would they send?)

Gotcha, well getting imprisoned might lead to people finding out about the hollow which would lead to more sentencing...

I think its safe to say the last thing she wants is to get caught in that case.

Now the question is does this concept* work and shall it stay or would the preference be I create a Shinigami for one of the smaller squads that needs more members?

*concept being shinigami who somehow (will be established when I work on backstory) gets hollowfied and goes AWOL before anyone can find out thus hiding from the Shinigami,but not actively hunted down TOO badly (like she would be if it was discovered she was hollowfied). Hides in real world still fighting hollows and trying to help people, but scared of the Gotei 13.

--------------

Another concept basically just removes the hollow part, slips her in another squad, and I think of something else to make her a unique character.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 07:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, they probably wouldn't send an army after her, but I imagine there's at least 1 Shinigami whose personal job it is to go and find deserters like her and bring them in. I mean, it's unlikely that Sereitei will say "Hey, someone left, I guess we just leave them completely alone!"

Especially in a time like the current situation, any deserter could become an informant for Hueco Mundo. That's a high risk to take.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I mean, they probably wouldn't send an army after her, but I imagine there's at least 1 Shinigami whose personal job it is to go and find deserters like her and bring them in. I mean, it's unlikely that Sereitei will say "Hey, someone left, I guess we just leave them completely alone!"

Especially in a time like the current situation, any deserter could become an informant for Hueco Mundo. That's a high risk to take.
    Constantly running from one shinigami is a lot easier than a Captain having it his goal to come kick your ass as a personal hatred for you. I'd take that if it works :P
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 07:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki wouldn't go that far. He does have more important things to do. If she came back to Soul Society for some reason, however, he would highly consider hunting her as long as she was there.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh, I thought that was one of the big issues with her hollow thing. Was that she'd never be left alone and would have large groups after her even though she was a low rank.

Eh, well either way which one of these do you think works best.

1) Somehow hollowfied, people knew, and she fled to the human world.
    2) Somehow hollowfied, kept it secret, went AWOL to the human world (AWOL, MIA, etc. Point is on a mission she disappeared. I'll let Soul Society pick how they class it)
    3) Drop the hollowfy thing (at the very least for now, maybe add it in story if really want) and be a regular shinigami for now.
    4) Mix of 3 and the others. As in, she's been hollowfied, but doesn't know it yet though is starting to suspect (aka the nightmares are just starting, she feels something in her, etc) and see where the story goes.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Pixie in the Playground

that is true...and also the 9th Division is constantly sending recon missions to Earth (as some other Divisions may be doing similar actions for other reasons). I dont know how the 12th sensors work either on Earth. I am guessing all it would take is one positive sensor reading or observation by a recon squad would potentially spark a response team...and while not an army i am guessing it would be pretty strong.

There is a Shini law about not being on Earth too long...and there must be a reason, so i am guessing they enforce it when they see it

While, i thin kthe idea is nice, by fighting the good fight would put the character in the center of where being discovered would happen more often. I always thought that was why the Vizards never revealed themselves, despite their own personal reasons...as they showed later they still did have some of their pride in protecting in them...staying hidden kept them alive...if they had been fighting or getting involved in anything i think they would not have survived until the 100 years to the present day... and we are discussing a similar amount of time

PS...and sorry i was little confused earlier...i guess i was referring more to a character not the Vizard one