New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Dang, fair enough point. By trying to be a good person she'd just end up getting caught.

Hmmmm...thus the choices are just hide, risk getting caught, or think of something else.

Heh, there is always the option of somehow being lead to believe she was hollowfied by someone who didn't like her (like mentioned before not everyone likes everyone). She gets scared and run off. Later I can get caught and then get in trouble for desertion and find out there is no hollow.

Not sure how that works as it seems a bit odd to do.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Is it really that important that she run away?

Alternatively, is it really that important that she be from Sereitei? What if she's a Substitute?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Not really. It started with the desire to be Vizard and realized I'd be wanted. Then it just kinda shifted to pondering how being caught would make a story.

Wasn't sure how being a substitute would work with being a vizard, gaining powers, etc.

I'm leaning towards just going normal Shinigami and let things roll from there. If hollow even happens cool, if not, whatever.

It's more fun having a group anyways.

Edit: Redoing backstory. Any squad suggestions that need more active people (I'm online all day)
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 08:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Heck, most 13th patrols would have a list of criminals known to be hiding out in SS. So, if they spotted one of them... well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Heck, most 13th patrols would have a list of criminals known to be hiding out in SS. So, if they spotted one of them... well.
    She would have been hiding in the real would not SS. However, I'm dropping that concept and working on a Shinigami for the SS. I just gotta pick a Squad that needs more active members.

Edit: What about 1 or 8? Once I have the squad I'll finish up the backstory.
    Edit2: I just went ahead and picked one and did the backstory.

Updated sheet. feel free to comment, suggest changes, point out problems, etc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Orimoto Ranoue
    Race: Shinigami
    Allegience: Soul Society: Squad ___

Appearance: Orimoto is a beautiful young woman who has long straight pink hair that goes down to a few inches below her waist. She keeps her hair straight and loose and rarely puts it in any designs like pony tails or pig tails. She wears a black sleeveless top with a gold colored trim that exposes her midriff and is rather loose. Her pants are also rather loose and decrative and, like the top, is black with a gold trim. She has blue eyes and constantly an annoyed look on her face.

Personality: Orimoto tends to get rather annoyed at stupidity and tends to be a bit too serious. It isn't that she lacks a sense of humor, its that she rarely gets sleep due to constant nightmares. It's a well known fact throughout Soul Society that she suffers nightmares, but she won't speak about what causes her to wake up crying most nights. Due to this and the mockery she suffers because of it she has become pessimistic and bitter. However, she still tries to do the right thing both for her own moral sake and with hopes that enough good actions will cause her to feel better about herself.

Combat Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Skill Hand-to-Hand Combat: Physically, Orimoto is in great physical condition. While she's not at the skill level of being able to catch swords or block heavy hits, she is flexible and skilled at dodging and striking for vital points quickly. One of her most used tactics is aiming for a male opponent's adam's apple. By dodging and getting in close she often strikes there in order to leave her target unable to breath or focus. While she is able to throw kicks, she tends to prefer her feet on the ground to give her stable footwook usually using her feet for either surprise attacks, quick strikes, or parries.

Typical Shinigami Stat: As a Shinigami she is faster, stronger, and more durable than the average human. However, her strength and durability are nothing special compared to other Shinigami. Her flexibility and speed are slightly above average, but again nothing extraordinary.

Keen Intellect: Due to her lowered physical strength, Orimoto tends to relly on anaylzing and making precise targeted strikes as opposed to multiple hard hitting strikes. She tends to spend combat using her speed and flexibility to dodge until she can get an opening that matters. She's ignored openings before just so the target doesn't realize it is open until she can make a decisive strike.

Skilled Swordsmanship: Orimoto's complete lack of knowledge of Kido has caused her to relay on her sword most ofer in combat. While nowhere near the level of high level swordmasters, she can hold her own against most foes. She is right handed, ususally prefering to save her left hand for unarmed strikes.

Stealth: Orimoto's strong suit other than speed and flexibility is her stealf. While she sucks at Kido, she is able to pull off one Kido, the art of Kyokko. Even without the use of Kido, her light weight and silent steps allow her to move quietly and hide well. Her pink hair does pose a problem, so she tends to carry a wrap on her at all times so that she can hide her hair when needed.

Shunpo Proficient: Orimoto is capable of Shunpo, but is in no way skilled at it. Her shunpo is unreliable and highly tiring on her, as such it is used only in cases of emergencies if then.

Zanpakuto:
    Sealed: Typical Katana

Shikai:
    Melee-type
    Ketsumei
    Release Command: End All, Ketsumei

Her Shikai Ketsumei appears as an english longsword. The cross-piece bends out and points forward. Both the handle and the cross-piece are black. The blade itself glows with a red aura and the pommel is sharp. The sword feeds on life and by sending some of her energy into the sword she can strengthen it, at the cost of her stamina and energy. The blade starts out weak, but each strike it makes on the enemy causes it to 'lust for more blood' and grow a bit stronger. While mostly a melee type, it is capable of a small burst of energy that can shoot a few feet forward.

Having just obtained Ketsumei, Orimoto can't use it to its max and as such her energy projectile attack fizzles out quickly and leaves her drained. She can't keep her Shikai up for long and is still working on mastering it.

Bankai:
    She just obtained Shikai, you really think she has a bankai?

---------------------

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show

Like most Shinigami, Orimoto doesn't remember much of her life before she became a Shinigami. She went through training and upon graduation proceeded to be tested to find the right squad for her. Placing her was difficult due to a few factors. She was skilled with a blade and melee combat, yet wasn't anything extraordinary so the 11th was ruled out. She was able to use stealth, but her shunpo and kido abilities were very low which ruled out the 2nd. Her medical abilities were almost non-existant thus getting rid of a chance at the 4th. In the end she was placed in squad one.

While she disliked the adminstrative duties, she worked hard in order to be useful and highly viewed. She was friendly, upbeat, and went out of her way to help people. Things went well for quite some time and her hard work and friendliness made her many friends and only a few enemies. However, things would eventually change when a test was given to her to test her leadership abilities.

While not the strongest in her squad her tactical thinking was what made her dangerous and soon she was being considered for a promotion. As a test, she was sent with a group of unseated officers on a mission. This test was meant to see how she worked in a leadership role. Not much is known about the mission as she told only her captain things brieft upon her return. However, ever since the mission Orimoto hasn't been the same. All that is known about the mission was that the small task force ran into something unexpected. Orimoto and her squad were attacked by something similar to a hollow, but more powerful and deadlier. Countless members of her task force were injured and only a strategic retreat due to the sacrifice of even more of her friends caused her and one other to return.

However, the hollow-like creature had used some form of mental powers and had done something to her and ever since she had a hard time sleeping. Nightmares plauged her and she would wake up at night crying and sobbing. Ever since, while she pretends nothing is wrong, she has been quiet, bitter, pessimistic, and snappy at most people. The lack of sleep has helped matters.

Now, she hates her job, tends to slack, and is very quiet and anti-social usually only doing things when ordered.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 09:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't 13th be more patrolling the Mortal World?

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's still a good plan for patrolling units to have lists of dangerous criminals. Don't policemen know the names of FBI Watchlist criminals? It's kinda the same thing, I think.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Yes, and I can switch to 13th, but I figured each division would do something in the real world wouldn't it? I have a hard time believing only one division ever goes on a task. It wasn't a typical "go patrol" she was sent on a mission.

Plus 13th looked like it had a lot of players...

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

I was more just curious than anything. 10th does do Soul Society patrols. If 13th does them too, that just means more connection with Taiki and Natsuko.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, I picked one because it seemed small enough and wasn't specialized and what not. Thus why I think Squad One worked. It wasn't like ten that had a lot of actives. It didn't requires of kido or specialized skills like four, kido corp, and some others. So I was thinking one, eight, or thirteen. I settled for one because it looked like thirteen had a lot of members and one was lacking.

(If I'm wrong about the number of people in 13 let me know)

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but I only realised I said SS and not Mortal World when I got back just now.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki wouldn't mind having more excuses to see his beloved.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well tying into others characters is always a nice goal and makes an entrance easier. So what squad would you prefer then? (Like I said, I'm pretty open squad-wise. As long as it makes sense why not?)
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-28 at 11:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

Taiki wouldn't mind having more excuses to see his beloved.
    <.<
    >.>

Then post for him, maybe?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

On the upside I'm alone almost all the time :P So I'll be pretty damn active once I get the character finished up.

16. - Top - End - #916

So is everyone done in MW?

Because I have speeches for our cafe visit. They will be the greatest speeches of all time ever
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post

Because I have speeches for our cafe visit. They will be the greatest speeches of all time ever
    You are Kamina!?!?! :O

18. - Top - End - #918

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    You are Kamina!?!?! :O
    "Yours is the Zanpakutō that will pierce the Hierro!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    "Yours is the Zanpakutō that will pierce the Hierro!"
    "Just who the hell do you think I am?"

20. - Top - End - #920

"Don't believe in us, who believe in you. Believe in you, who believes in Mugetsu!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"When they talk about the manly badass leader of Soul Society they're talking about the Commander-General!"

On a side, unrelated note, when should I post my character in the registry exactly?

22. - Top - End - #922
    Orc in the Playground

Haha, you might end up liking Hasunaga, Major.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    On a side, unrelated note, when should I post my character in the registry exactly?
    For all I care, you could put her there right away. You can always edit in any changes or corrections you want to or are asked to do.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post

I'm kind of waiting for Kina, but I think that conversation's mostly done. tgva and I can always just use flashbacks.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground

So is Major's new character in the 1st Division? I'm a little confused

If so...awesome...i havent got to really RP with my 4th Seat in the 1st, Eiji, much....might be fun to have them do something together

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I have them in the fourth because it was suggested a little ways back to be in one of the squads without as many members (that was more than one squad did something). Ten and thirteen seemed really packed, the limited shunpo and kido made the second unlikely. I didn't think she was skilled enough with a blade for the eleventh. Etc, etc.

I figured either the first or eighth division would work best. So...the division is able to be changed if someone has a better idea that fits in better with people, but isn't a "everybody is in ___ squad"

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, I think all the kids are good to go to the coffee shop now, yes?

Anyone got an idea of how to "kick off" the meeting, or have a character who has something specific they're going to talk about?

I figure we can try to get things rolling a bit before potential "outside" characters happen into the meeting.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for my slowness of posting, KD.

29. - Top - End - #929

I have an idea for how to start using Nakahiro, if no one else has a better plan.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I have an idea for how to start using Nakahiro, if no one else has a better plan.
    I say go for it, so we can keep this dog-and-pony show moving.