New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

You should probably do it. I don't want to screw it up.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough.

EDIT: It's up. I'll fix you the link later if you can't find it.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-10-18 at 11:50 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Of course there can be. The point is more so that Sora already had a lecture about that (From Yui, in Ep. 6), and the message finally hit home during the kidnapping plot.

Now, like any teenager with an epiphany, he thinks himself smart and looks down on those who've not had it. Judging from his tone, this might apply to Sora's writer as well. By which I mean: terry, even if something bugs you, you don't need to get so fired up about it. The story's still in progress, there's apt chance to address your complaints in character.
    Pretty sure Frozen already knows that I, too, am a teenager who looks down on everyone around him.

GRR ANGST NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME WAAAH

That's just how I am though! I get fired up about pointless silly little things that really shouldn't mean anything to me! This includes stupid little things with my friends.

Yes, I'll try and calm down faster now. My bad KD.

Linking my old post for critique on the Samsara Canceler.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Shades.
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: approx. 95 lbs.
    Reiatsu: The absence of any shape or form.
    Known Affiliation: Samsara.

Appearance: LARGE IMAGE AHOY
    Spoiler
    Show

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shades was the first, and last Samsara to appear. Her item, a pair of headphones, was the first thing to be summoned by the Rosary. However, these headphones were untouchable, and floated with the wind. Shades appeared at the very end of the resurrections of the Samsara, and was at first ignored by most of them, for she had a problem that no Samsara could possibly get around.

She had no abilities. She was useless in combat, useless in magic, useless in everything. Until they found out what she could do. She could remove any, and every spiritual ability within an area. Bounts, Arrancar, Shinigami, Humans, even the Samsara themselves couldn't stop her technique.

And so she was let in.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shades is quiet most of the time. She rarely interacts with the other Samsara, preferring to remain lost in her music. When she does interact with the others, she speaks to them in quick, short sentences.

Ability: Globe of Deprivation
    Spoiler
    Show

Shades has a single ability, her Globe of Deprivation. When activated, anyone within its radius cannot use any of their abilities whatsoever. They are stripped of their spiritual powers entirely. Her ability is the ultimate defense of the Valley of Screams, the reason that they remain relatively safe from attackers. After all, very few have had enough practice in dueling without any sort of ability at all. And with Cassandra's expertise in weapons, it wouldn't really matter.

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Absolutely Useless: Shades is worthless in any given form of combat, stamina, and anything useful in any way, shape or form that would help in a fight. Her only skill is her ability.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-10-18 at 02:55 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Pretty sure Frozen already knows that I, too, am a teenager who looks down on everyone around him.

GRR ANGST NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME WAAAH

That's just how I am though! I get fired up about pointless silly little things that really shouldn't mean anything to me! This includes stupid little things with my friends.

Yes, I'll try and calm down faster now. My bad KD.

Linking my old post for critique on the Samsara Canceler.
    She's... Extremely light. Also, what's this about an item?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Bugbear in the Playground

My knowledge of Samsara is based entirely from Cassandra's character sheet, which says something about Cassandra appearing after an item or whatever.

I didn't really understand, but rolled with it. I'll change her weight to like 115, and her height to, I dunno, 5'5".
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey y'all, I return to life after a sudden surge of schoolwork and midterms. Hated, hated midterms. I'll be posting tomorrow afternoon; in the meantime, look over this guy.

SWORD Agent 05, Bjartur Hrafnsson

Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 145 lbs
    Hair: Platinum blond, almost white
    Eyes: Pale grey

Reiatsu color: Grey with a black outline and white flecks

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bjartur looks... washed-out. Literally. He's extremely pale-skinned, and his eyes are a rather creepily light shade of grey. Combined with his near-white hair, he could almost be mistaken for monochrome. To accentuate this, Bjartur prefers pale colors in clothing, most commonly white suits for business and arctic-camo fatigues and white or grey t-shirts for casual wear. He keeps his hair pulled back into a ponytail reaching to mid-back, but leaves his bangs free.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bjartur is cold and to the point, with little patience for either formalities or pleasantries. If you catch him off the job, he's... still fairly cold, but at least willing to tolerate small talk. He has a deep and abiding love of coffee and dark beers, matched in intensity only by his hatred of all things Hollow. Shinigami are little better in his eyes; after all, they weren't around to save him from Hollows. He does, however, strongly believe in leading by example; SWORD agents under his command know he's not the most emotionally responsive Agent, but won't send men into any task he wouldn't do himself.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bjartur grew up in Akureyri, in northern Iceland. His father, Hrafn Ulfhednarsson, was a wealthy businessman in charge of a fishing company, and his early childhood was unremarkable except for his ability, active from birth, to see ghosts. When he was 10, his family moved to Reykjavik. Returning home from school one day shortly thereafter, Bjartur was attacked by a Hollow. It disabled him easily and prepared to devour his soul; Bjartur's realization that he was alone in this new city, that no friends would come to his aid, awakened something in him. He made his own friends and destroyed the Hollow with Martroeth Hersing. Once he recovered, Bjartur spent the next 6 years more or less terrified, waiting for the monsters to come. Finally he decided to strike first and began hunting Hollows independently. 3 years after that, at age 19, SWORD identified and approached him. He's been working for them ever since.

Special Ability:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martroeth Hersing (Nightmare Army)
    Bjartur can mutilate his own soul, tearing chunks of it off and forcing them to manifest outside his body as subservient entities. The larger the chunk, the more intelligently it is able to act and the more powerful it is; however, this ability has the obvious drawback of tearing his own soul to shreds. Prolonged use of it is extremely physically taxing, and often marked by Bjartur's veins slowly turning black across his skin and the color draining from his eyes and hair. As a last resort, Bjartur can force all of his soul but the bare minimum necessary for life into a single external entity called Skyggja. Skyggja is roughly as powerful as a high-ranking seated officer and capable of multiple narrow, cero-like blasts of energy as a primary attack.

Bjartur must take time to recover after using Martroeth Hersing, or risk death. Soul-affirming actions like enjoying an excellent cup of coffee or walking in the park help speed up his soul's recovery.

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Reiatsu: Bjartur possesses reiatsu roughly on par with an high-ranking seated officer, though cannot usually use all of it.

Tactical Sense: Probably a side-effect of Bjartur's primary ability, he's very talented in small-unit tactics and can often size up opponents and situations at a glance.

Knife-fighting: Blades are Bjartur's weapon of choice, and he's quite skilled with them.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-10-19 at 10:35 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

If I recall right, Agent 01 is supposed to be on par with a 3rd seat officer, so it might be better if 05 was dropped down a bit to "high-ranking seated officer" instead of "average Vice-Captain". In practice, I don't expect the difference to be much. However, I do believe "high-ranking officer" is clearer than "average" anything, since we don't actually have an average VC to compare to.

---

On other news, I believe I believe I've found perfect theme song for Orimoto Ranoue.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Orc in the Playground

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys I was thinking of introducing two more characters only this time they are fraternal twin brothers and both of them are in the human world as Fushichou High School transfer students. As with my other characters they are somewhat based of existing ones. Particularly Masaru from Digimon Savers, and Death the Kid from Soul eater. Their mom is of American origin while their dad is Japanese. Both parents have a line of spiritually aware/empowered people in their family.

Okay first

Koga Suzaku
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Koga Suzaku (first, last)
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 203 pounds
    Hair: Blond, like his mothers
    Eyes: Blue
    Speech/Reiatsu: Blue, feels like the ocean unpredictable and powerful
    Type: Spiritually Empowered Human

Apperance:
    Koga is very tall and muscular. He is fairly good looking with and easy going expression on his face most of the time. His hair lies flat and reaches down to his chin. He takes very good care of his hair as he sees it as a tribute his mother and her heritage. His bright blue eyes have a sort of lazy quality to them with a hidden power underneath. They have to tendancy to change color: stormy grey when he is angry, an almost sky blue when happy, and serene deep blue when he is calm. He is usually wearing a rust red jacket with a white shirt underneath. He also wear black cargo pant with a belt buckle that has a large S on it. He is always seen carrying a dogtag around his neck that belonged to his great-grandfather on his mothers side.

Personality

You would think that good looking lad like Koga would have a very sparkling personality. Well not really, you see Koga has the tendency to speak his mind even when he shouldn't. An example of this is the fact that when his father told his kids that he used to enjoy flower arrangement he called his dad a wuss. He usually is the one you expect to crack a joke at the most inappropriate time and usually the crack is at another person. His brother often reprimands him on this and will not hesitate to apologize for his actions.
    However he is capable of making friends once he actually tries to get to know people.

History

Koga was born to Amelia and Musashi Suzaku. Both had lines of spiritually aware people in them as Amelia has at least some Japanese Ancestors. So it was not too surprising to them that Koga and his brother Chase were born with high spiritual energy. Koga was always the more physically imposing of the twins. He usually had to help his father around the house with most things. It was at 12 years old that his powers really activated. You see Koga had always had thick skin both literally and figuratively so he didn't get injured often. However his power in fact did not affect his defense but his strength. While he doesn't have much spiritual energy his energy his dense. By infusing this dense energy into his body he was capable of amazing physical feats. This is why he was able to beating up high school kids that were harassing his favorite ramen joint. It was after that he bragged to his family who were concerned. His mother forced him to take karate classes to try and learn control and self-discipline. It worked somewhat as Koga can now control his ability to not has his now superhuman strength constantly applied.

However the taste of battle turned into into a craving. He is now a street fighter that mostly roughs up delinquents and other such people. For his sixteenth birthday he was gifted with his great-grandfathers dog-tags. The serve as a reminder to always fight with courage and to help others with your power if you can. They have strong spiritual energy inside that allow Koga to see spirits due to his abysmal spiritual awareness.

He has a strong bond with his brother despite them being polar opposites. As such he has a secondary power that he uses when the brothers work together. His body is capable of transforming into a wicked scythe that Chase can use to great effect. He can only be used by Chase as they have compatible reiatsu. While he can use this ability when not with Chase it is weaker and he can only sprout one scythe blade on the top of his wrist that is about 6 in long. Can possibly sprout more with practice.

Abilities

Dense Reiatsu Infusion: Using his dense spiritual pressure Koga can perform superhuman physical feats. These feats are limited to his physical strength. So while he doesn't have super speed when using this power he can jump several yards in superhuman bounds.

Karate: Koga has been taking karate for 4 years and doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon. His years of training have sculpted his body into a muscular specimen though not overly so. He is decently fast though he is no track runner.

Spiritually aware: By himself Koga can only see spirits and hollows if he concentrates immensely. It is only thanks to his great-grandfather's dog-tags that he can see the supernatural at all. Though he can sense them when they get close enough (i.e 9 feet)

Weapon Form: Koga is capable of transforming into a Scythe weapon for his brother to use in combat. While like this he can give his brother battle advice and watch out for sneak attacks and cheap shots. Like this they are essentially two people fighting at once.

Now for his brother

Chase Suzaku
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Chase Suzaku
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 160 pounds
    Hair: Black with three thick white half lines, the lines being on the left side of his hair.
    Eyes: Gold
    Speech/Reiatsu: Slate gray, feels unyielding and calm.
    Type: Spiritually Empowered Human

Appearance

Chase is most often called the better looking of the twin brothers. His gold eyes are often called entrancing and intense from the hawk-eyed look he has almost all the time. His hair comes down to just above his eyes with a few bangs hanging in front of them. He gets irritated easily when people mention the lines in his hair and if they ask if it is natural (it is by the way). He is usually seen in butler like attire having a black suit and suit pants as his daily wear. He has skull-like adornments decorating it like a tie that had a skull on it. This might be menacing and disturbing if the skulls weren't so cartoony. He has a wiry frame that beguiles his impressive muscular nature. His muscles are more compact and not as showy.

Personality

Chase is a rather polite young man and is rather amiable in comparison to his joking, sometimes antagonistic brother. He will go out of his way to help others and is generally considered by most to be an extremely caring person. He hates those who would hurt others for no reason and those who would pick on the weak. He has something of a hero complex if you will. He is somewhat of a flirt if a gentlemanly one. Has a sense of chivalry and respect towards all, except those who piss him off.

History

Chase was born with a larger amount of Reiatsu and spiritual awareness than his brother. It was for that reason that he started seeing spirits at the age of 9. It was then that his father explained to him about spirits and how there were normal spirits and vengeful, evil spirits. It was at that point that Chase decided that he would help spirits in any way that he could.

It was at this age that Chase also expressed an interest in martial arts. However instead of karate he decided to follow the martial arts path of Judo. He has now practiced it for seven years. He has become quite the skilled practitioner, almost a master. This was because instead of a class that managed to find him a master to apprentice under though it did cost a pretty penny. His master also managed over the years to sculpt the muscles in his body into pink muscule having both power and stamina. It is known to both brothers that Chase is the stronger of the two though Koga will not admit it.

Chase has helped a fair share of spirits out with daily problems like thugs around their death site and such. He also brings them daily offerings. The current one that he is helping and has taken a liking to is the spirit of a 7 year old girl named Tsubaki. She has pale skin and long brown hair in a pony tail that nearly reaches the ground.

Chase's powers mono powers first materialized when a girl was about to be run over by a out of control truck. You see Chase's father Musashi is descended from a long line of Kekkaishi or barrier masters. Chase inherited these abilities to make barriers that can interact with the physical and spiritual world. In this instance he created a barrier next to the girl and extended it so that it pushed outward and slammed into the girls shoulder pushing her out of the way. She had a bruise on her shoulder but she survived. To this day no one knows how she was moved as the barriers are only visible to those with spiritual awareness. These barriers are often used to contain those inside. It those inside are a threat he can cause the barriers to implode with a lot of force. These barriers get stronger as Chase does as well.

However Chase's personal power has to due with the lines in his hair which he has named the lines of Sanzu. By connecting the lines completly in his hair he can gain a boost to his Reiatsu and strength and speed. The boost is moderate but it does stack as more lines connect and is a proportional gain (i.e the second line will grant him more of a boost than the first and so on). He can connect two of the lines at the moment. The first line he can connect after 2 seconds of concentration. The second one however is much harder and he does not use it unless the situation is dire. To use the second line he has to concentrate for a full 2 minutes and if his concentration is disrupted in any way he has to start over. The first line grants him a boost to a great level of strength that is a little lower than his brothers and increases his speed to that of about 25 mph. The second line increases his strength even more, maybe to a low seat level shinigami (example he can bench press 1300 pounds) and gains speed that to normal humans seems like he is a blur.

Finally there are his inheritance artifacts. Which are a pair of toy guns. The toy guns are a cover, when they are charged with some spiritual energy they turn into two .42 caliber Israel Desert Eagles. However they do not fire real bullets but rather compressed bullets of Chase's spiritual energy. They typically don't damage corporal object externally rather doing internal damage but Chase can make it so that they do so, however it costs more spiritual energy.

Abilities

Judo: Chase can almost be considered a master at Judo though his own master still calls him a tadpole, a big tadpole but a tadpole just the same. He is capable of beating many people at once and is naturally physically stronger than his brother though not as sturdy. This is due to his master training him so that all of his bodies muscule turned to pink muscule. However he prefers to try and talk things out.

Spirit Guns: Chases guns are always on his person and usually in toy form. He is skilled with them thanks to his fathers teaching him, but his is 'still not as good as his old man.' He tends to wield them dual style and only rarely uses one gun (i.e only when he is not taking a fight seriously.)

Weapon Wield: As mentioned in his brothers entry Chase can wield Koga in his weapon form. While he is skilled with the scythe he prefers not to use it and they only use this form when they fell as though the enemy is going to require both their power and intelligence. It also helps that like this they don't get in each others way. While in weapon form Koga can speak directly into Chase's mind allowing him to help his brother via his vast fighting experience.

Kekkai: Chase can create barriers that can extend and slam into objects an opponents and imprison people, object, and spirits in them. He can also use them to protect himself from harm though there is a limit to how much punishment they can take. Once he imprisons someone in a barrier he can either dispel it or make it implode with quite a lot of force. The barriers get stronger as Chase does.

Sanzu Lines: The white half lines in chases hair can connect to make full lines all the way around his head. The provide boosts to he Reiatsu, physical strength and speed. However at the moment he can only access one of them in a reasonable time limit to be useful. The second one requires that his brother cover his ass for 2 minutes. He does not use the lines unless he feels he needs to, saving them for emergencies. He will only use the second line and risk the time limit and cut off awareness only if he is well and truly desperate.

Spiritually Aware: Unlike his brother Chase is spiritually aware without a supplement. He can see spirits and has been able to for a while now. He likes to help them out when he can so that he can make their after like a little bit easier. It is mostly luck that he and his brother have not seen any hollows yet. He knows that vengeful and evil spirits exist but he does not know that their are hollows, neither do his parents know exactly what they are.

I hope these guys are acceptable, if not you know the drill. Tell me what you have issues with and I will do my best to accommodate you.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 04:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    If I recall right, Agent 01 is supposed to be on par with a 3rd seat officer, so it might be better if 05 was dropped down a bit to "high-ranking seated officer" instead of "average Vice-Captain". In practice, I don't expect the difference to be much. However, I do believe "high-ranking officer" is clearer than "average" anything, since we don't actually have an average VC to compare to.

---

On other news, I believe I believe I've found perfect theme song for Orimoto Ranoue.
    True enough; edited. Probably got some wires mixed up while talking with Strawberry about something or other.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Frozen, Kuroi your both wrong THIS is Orimoto's theme song

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Orc in the Playground

I don't see mention of Jiro's Lethal Injection anywhere in his registry entry. Nothing about what his Shikai does, either.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lethal Injection is under the History heading. Also what are you talking about? His shikai has it's own heading.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 01:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, that explains it. I was initially thrown off because the Shikai appearance and powers were all written in the same section (most of us tend to separate what a shikai looks like and what it does).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

AnimeKid, I am concerned with the number of different powers your characters (specifically Chase) seem to have given their age of 16. It's not 1 central power with a lot of different powers, it's like 3 or 4 totally distinct powers. Where did he find the time to learn all of this stuff? I mean, I was only recently a high school student and there's no way I could have learned that many things and been proficient enough in them to refer to them as "combat-ready abilities." And then he does other things? How did he pass school?

Chase actually has incredible muscle tone and skill in hand-to-hand, he can transform toy guns into actual spiritual guns, and he learned how to form special energy barriers. None of these 3 things are very similar, and 2 of them probably required long hours of study and practice to get to a usable level. (Being spiritually aware is not really a power, by the way. If you have special abilities, you're spiritually aware.)

You should make sure that all discussion about powers is under their individual headings. Talking about every power altogether in a huge paragraph is very hard to read for detail. The fact that I couldn't read the Sanzu Lines section to determine what they did is probably not a good thing. Additionally, Koga becoming a Scythe should very clearly and obviously be listed in his Powers section, because otherwise there's no way anyone will find it.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The guns are actually and artifact from his Grandfather not really a skill. They are a piece of equipment, spirit energy is just used to transform the guns. He just needed to get used to the recoil on the guns. He doesn't use many trick shots.

As for the Barriers they do require training to due and Chase spends most of his training on weekends doing that. Kekkai require training to up their power and imagination to think of new ways to use them. Also the Barriers are kind of a family thing that is from his fathers family line. It is peppered throughout their family. They come in various strengths from none at all to exceptionally talented. Chase is of the Average variety.

As for the Sanzu lines he doesn't train much with those which is why he can only realistically use one line. He only practices using those every two to three weeks.

Plus remember he is a freshman so he is not to heavy into the intensive stuff. After all Ichigo manage to fight Hollows every night and often left class to take care of a Hollow problem. He still managed to get relatively high grades in class.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 04:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, whether or not Ichigo can and can't do things (he also wasn't really that high on his class list if I remember, he just did better than some of the others), I find it hard to believe that your character has all of these totally disparate powers. That's just too many powers for a 16-year-old kid to have.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Orc in the Playground

Ichigo is a bad example. He's a main character who gets by on dumb luck more often than not and seldom displays any actual intelligence. That he gets good grades is just the author going easy on him. (Not to mention, he tended to help ghosts all the time. They could very well help him on tests.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, where does he find time to help ghosts in the middle of all of this? Hmm?

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Orc in the Playground

Aliens.

Also, he doesn't seem to belong to any extracurricular club and tends to cut a lot of classes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

That is true Kuroi. Well I could have him take one of two paths one would be what I call the Gohan path. Basically homeschooling until high school and then takes the entrance exams. This could help matters as he could study and train at home. (For the helping spirits bit it's mostly getting flowers for their graves kindly stopping people from littering near their graves and if he has to forcefully stopping people from desecrating their graves.)

The other route is the Ground route. It is where Chase will purposefully take sick days train certain powers for that full day. It results in a lot of excused absences and lower than what he could get grades, mostly C's a couple of B's, and gains him the reputation of a slacker even though he is not.

If these don't cut it for you guys I guess I could take out one of his powers. Tell me which power you guys would recommend and I will take it into consideration when I make my decision.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Orc in the Playground

I'd rather like to comment that being able to make guns with spiritual power sort of steps on Quincies, and moreso on Rex Irons in particular.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Really? huh i didn't know that. I thought the only used bows and crossbows. Well if that is true I can give that up. Didn't know I was stepping on some else's territory there.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

I just feel that the idea of a character who has two skills at very high skill levels that both require large amounts of time spent learning them is impossible for someone at the age of 16. Either he's not actually as skilled as you say he is, or he can't be skilled at that many things. There just aren't enough years in his life.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

...Um, dude? Using even 1 pistol accurately is, in fact, a skill. Even if the manifestation itself is not difficult, being able to accurately aim and fire on the move in a hectic combat that operates at way-beyond-human-speeds is something that even modern special forces would probably be stretched to do. Add to that him dual-wielding...Okay, on this one. I won't say "it's unrealistic, don't do it", because this is a game for fun, and we have a fair number of people using multiple weapons, and at least 1 other, probably more, using 2 guns.

That said. This is not a skill one just has naturally. It's a difficult way to fight, and it's only effective if you're very, very good.

I would point out that just the guns and barriers make this guy 2 other mortal teenagers. Rex is a Quincy with 2 pistols for his "Quincy bow"; meanwhile, Michiko (currently retired/an NPC) was a "barrier warrior" and still had only basic skills in her barriers.

Then comes along this guy, who's got both of those skill sets, and he's a master at Judo (or at least strongly proficient), and he has a special set of temporary stat boosts, and he can wield his brother-turned-scythe (who can give him tips and watch his back).

That's 3 different fighting styles, plus skills with a barrier. That's...yeah, for a 16 year old kid, that's a bit much, dude.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Several of the people using multiple weapons are also over a century old, giving them ample time to learn how to do so.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Several of the people using multiple weapons are also over a century old, giving them ample time to learn how to do so.
    Offhand, Rex is the only one who isn't (who's already in play), and his weapons have the advantages of no weight and no recoil (as they're pure energy).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Offhand, Rex is the only one who isn't (who's already in play), and his weapons have the advantages of no weight and no recoil (as they're pure energy).
    Izumi uses two swords, Kaito can wield more than one object with his powers at a time, theoretically so could Nakahiro, if he didn't just use his umbrella. And wasn't there a quincy with two seele's?
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-10-19 at 07:17 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't worry getting rid of guns. Anything else I should know?

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ...Um, dude? Using even 1 pistol accurately is, in fact, a skill. Even if the manifestation itself is not difficult, being able to accurately aim and fire on the move in a hectic combat that operates at way-beyond-human-speeds is something that even modern special forces would probably be stretched to do. Add to that him dual-wielding...Okay, on this one. I won't say "it's unrealistic, don't do it", because this is a game for fun, and we have a fair number of people using multiple weapons, and at least 1 other, probably more, using 2 guns.

That said. This is not a skill one just has naturally. It's a difficult way to fight, and it's only effective if you're very, very good.
    For reference, Chinese Special Forces operatives in particular are trained to be able to shoot one-handed with both hands. Their training curriculum is quite extensive, and this is for people whom have already used guns for a number of years in their lives. Generally speaking, between the weight and the recoil, shooting one-handed requires significant muscle tone just to use it for an extended period of time (as it requires you to hold your outstretched arm to compensate for recoil and loss of accuracy) and great coordination to be accurate with it at all. Anyone who can wield one gun in each hand simultaneously and hit their mark more than 50% of the time is probably a skilled professional. Otherwise it's spray 'n' pray.

Unless this kid is secretly the son of the Goddess of Hunting and Ryou Saeba, that's just not something you pull off at age 16.

EDIT: And I wrote this whole paragraph for nuthin'.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-10-19 at 07:20 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show