New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Izumi uses two swords, Kaito can wield more than one object with his powers at a time, theoretically so could Nakahiro, if he didn't just use his umbrella. And wasn't there a quincy with two seele's?
    Izumi has two swords. Right now, she's still learning how to use them both at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi has two swords. Right now, she's still learning how to use them both at once.
    Izumi's going to use two swords.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys I was thinking of introducing two more characters only this time they are fraternal twin brothers and both of them are in the human world as Fushichou High School transfer students. As with my other characters they are somewhat based of existing ones. Particularly Masaru from Digimon Savers, and Death the Kid from Soul eater. Their mom is of American origin while their dad is Japanese. Both parents have a line of spiritually aware/empowered people in their family.

Okay first

Koga Suzaku
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Koga Suzaku (first, last)
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 203 pounds
    Hair: Blond, like his mothers
    Eyes: Blue
    Speech/Reiatsu: Blue, feels like the ocean unpredictable and powerful
    Type: Spiritually Empowered Human

Apperance:
    Koga is very tall and muscular. He is fairly good looking with and easy going expression on his face most of the time. His hair lies flat and reaches down to his chin. He takes very good care of his hair as he sees it as a tribute his mother and her heritage. His bright blue eyes have a sort of lazy quality to them with a hidden power underneath. They have to tendancy to change color: stormy grey when he is angry, an almost sky blue when happy, and serene deep blue when he is calm. He is usually wearing a rust red jacket with a white shirt underneath. He also wear black cargo pant with a belt buckle that has a large S on it. He is always seen carrying a dogtag around his neck that belonged to his great-grandfather on his mothers side.

Personality

You would think that good looking lad like Koga would have a very sparkling personality. Well not really, you see Koga has the tendency to speak his mind even when he shouldn't. An example of this is the fact that when his father told his kids that he used to enjoy flower arrangement he called his dad a wuss. He usually is the one you expect to crack a joke at the most inappropriate time and usually the crack is at another person. His brother often reprimands him on this and will not hesitate to apologize for his actions.
    However he is capable of making friends once he actually tries to get to know people.

History

Koga was born to Amelia and Musashi Suzaku. Both had lines of spiritually aware people in them as Amelia has at least some Japanese Ancestors. So it was not too surprising to them that Koga and his brother Chase were born with high spiritual energy. Koga was always the more physically imposing of the twins. He usually had to help his father around the house with most things. It was at 12 years old that his powers really activated. You see Koga had always had thick skin both literally and figuratively so he didn't get injured often. However his power in fact did not affect his defense but his strength. While he doesn't have much spiritual energy his energy his dense. By infusing this dense energy into his body he was capable of amazing physical feats. This is why he was able to beating up high school kids that were harassing his favorite ramen joint. It was after that he bragged to his family who were concerned. His mother forced him to take karate classes to try and learn control and self-discipline. It worked somewhat as Koga can now control his ability to not has his now superhuman strength constantly applied.

However the taste of battle turned into into a craving. He is now a street fighter that mostly roughs up delinquents and other such people. For his sixteenth birthday he was gifted with his great-grandfathers dog-tags. The serve as a reminder to always fight with courage and to help others with your power if you can. They have strong spiritual energy inside that allow Koga to see spirits due to his abysmal spiritual awareness.

He has a strong bond with his brother despite them being polar opposites. As such he has a secondary power that he uses when the brothers work together. His body is capable of transforming into a wicked scythe that Chase can use to great effect. He can only be used by Chase as they have compatible reiatsu. While he can use this ability when not with Chase it is weaker and he can only sprout one scythe blade on the top of his wrist that is about 6 in long. Can possibly sprout more with practice.

Abilities

Dense Reiatsu Infusion: Using his dense spiritual pressure Koga can perform superhuman physical feats. These feats are limited to his physical strength. So while he doesn't have super speed when using this power he can jump several yards in superhuman bounds.

Karate: Koga has been taking karate for 4 years and doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon. His years of training have sculpted his body into a muscular specimen though not overly so. He is decently fast though he is no track runner.

Spiritually aware: By himself Koga can only see spirits and hollows if he concentrates immensely. It is only thanks to his great-grandfather's dog-tags that he can see the supernatural at all. Though he can sense them when they get close enough (i.e 9 feet)

Weapon Form: Koga is capable of transforming into a Scythe weapon for his brother to use in combat. While like this he can give his brother battle advice and watch out for sneak attacks and cheap shots. Like this they are essentially two people fighting at once.

Now for his brother

Chase Suzaku
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Chase Suzaku
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 160 pounds
    Hair: Black with three thick white half lines, the lines being on the left side of his hair.
    Eyes: Gold
    Speech/Reiatsu: Slate gray, feels unyielding and calm.
    Type: Spiritually Empowered Human

Appearance

Chase is most often called the better looking of the twin brothers. His gold eyes are often called entrancing and intense from the hawk-eyed look he has almost all the time. His hair comes down to just above his eyes with a few bangs hanging in front of them. He gets irritated easily when people mention the lines in his hair and if they ask if it is natural (it is by the way). He is usually seen in butler like attire having a black suit and suit pants as his daily wear. He has skull-like adornments decorating it like a tie that had a skull on it. This might be menacing and disturbing if the skulls weren't so cartoony. He has a wiry frame that beguiles his impressive muscular nature. His muscles are more compact and not as showy.

Personality

Chase is a rather polite young man and is rather amiable in comparison to his joking, sometimes antagonistic brother. He will go out of his way to help others and is generally considered by most to be an extremely caring person. He hates those who would hurt others for no reason and those who would pick on the weak. He has something of a hero complex if you will. He is somewhat of a flirt if a gentlemanly one. Has a sense of chivalry and respect towards all, except those who piss him off.

History

Chase was born with a larger amount of Reiatsu and spiritual awareness than his brother. It was for that reason that he started seeing spirits at the age of 9. It was then that his father explained to him about spirits and how there were normal spirits and vengeful, evil spirits. It was at that point that Chase decided that he would help spirits in any way that he could.

It was at this age that Chase also expressed an interest in martial arts. However instead of karate he decided to follow the martial arts path of Judo. He has now practiced it for seven years. He has become quite the skilled practitioner, almost a master. This was because instead of a class that managed to find him a master to apprentice under though it did cost a pretty penny. His master also managed over the years to sculpt the muscles in his body into pink muscule having both power and stamina. It is known to both brothers that Chase is the stronger of the two though Koga will not admit it.

Chase has helped a fair share of spirits out with daily problems like thugs around their death site and such. He also brings them daily offerings. The current one that he is helping and has taken a liking to is the spirit of a 7 year old girl named Tsubaki. She has pale skin and long brown hair in a pony tail that nearly reaches the ground.

Chase's powers mono powers first materialized when a girl was about to be run over by a out of control truck. You see Chase's father Musashi is descended from a long line of Kekkaishi or barrier masters. Chase inherited these abilities to make barriers that can interact with the physical and spiritual world. In this instance he created a barrier next to the girl and extended it so that it pushed outward and slammed into the girls shoulder pushing her out of the way. She had a bruise on her shoulder but she survived. To this day no one knows how she was moved as the barriers are only visible to those with spiritual awareness. These barriers are often used to contain those inside. It those inside are a threat he can cause the barriers to implode with a lot of force. These barriers get stronger as Chase does as well and tend to be cube-like in shape.

However Chase's personal power has to due with the lines in his hair which he has named the lines of Sanzu. By connecting the lines completly in his hair he can gain a boost to his Reiatsu and strength and speed. The boost is moderate but it does stack as more lines connect and is a proportional gain to each other and his base strength (i.e the second line will grant him more of a boost than the first and so on). He can connect two of the lines at the moment. The first line he can connect after 2 seconds of concentration. The second one however is much harder and he does not use it unless the situation is dire. To use the second line he has to concentrate for a full 2 minutes and if his concentration is disrupted in any way he has to start over. The first line grants him a boost to a great level of strength that is a little lower than his brothers and increases his speed to that of about 25 mph. The second line increases his strength even more, maybe to a low seat level shinigami (example he can bench press 1300 pounds) and gains speed that to normal humans seems like he is a blur.

Abilities

Judo: Chase can almost be considered a master at Judo though his own master still calls him a tadpole, a big tadpole but a tadpole just the same. He is capable of beating many people at once and is naturally physically stronger than his brother though not as sturdy. This is due to his master training him so that all of his bodies muscule turned to pink muscule. However he prefers to try and talk things out.

Weapon Wield: As mentioned in his brothers entry Chase can wield Koga in his weapon form. While he is skilled with the scythe he prefers not to use it and they only use this form when they fell as though the enemy is going to require both their power and intelligence. It also helps that like this they don't get in each others way. While in weapon form Koga can speak directly into Chase's mind allowing him to help his brother via his vast fighting experience.

Kekkai: Chase can create barriers that can extend and slam into objects an opponents and imprison people, object, and spirits in them. He can also use them to protect himself from harm though there is a limit to how much punishment they can take. Once he imprisons someone in a barrier he can either dispel it or make it implode with quite a lot of force. The barriers get stronger as Chase does. His imagination is what and power is what limits him with kekkai at the moment he can only entrap, implode, and push/strike With time he could learn other tricks

Sanzu Lines: The white half lines in chases hair can connect to make full lines all the way around his head. The provide boosts to he Reiatsu, physical strength and speed. However at the moment he can only access one of them in a reasonable time limit to be useful. The second one requires that his brother cover his ass for 2 minutes. He does not use the lines unless he feels he needs to, saving them for emergencies. He will only use the second line and risk the time limit and cut off awareness only if he is well and truly desperate.

Spiritually Aware: Unlike his brother Chase is spiritually aware without a supplement. He can see spirits and has been able to for a while now. He likes to help them out when he can so that he can make their after like a little bit easier. It is mostly luck that he and his brother have not seen any hollows yet. He knows that vengeful and evil spirits exist but he does not know that their are hollows, neither do his parents know exactly what they are.

I hope these guys are acceptable, if not you know the drill. Tell me what you have issues with and I will do my best to accommodate you.

revised
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 07:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

Izumi uses two swords, Kaito can wield more than one object with his powers at a time, theoretically so could Nakahiro, if he didn't just use his umbrella. And wasn't there a quincy with two seele's?
    Kaito can wield multiple objects, sure, but not in any effective manner. I mean, I imagine currently the difference between a rock and a hammer is only in how they fly through the air when thrown telekinetically.

I thought Nakahiro was actually specifically limited from using multiple weapons at once in some way. Either way, I imagine he's not trained in such a way that he could easily use multiple weapons at a time, considering he's not really yet trained in how to use basic applications of his own powers.

Edit: Again, I question how he can master so many abilities. Their levels in their abilities have to be toned down if they are to be 16 years old.

Also, please transfer information from the History sections to the Abilities sections so that they are more easily findable.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-10-19 at 07:53 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

huh? The abilities aren't mastered at all. I mean sure his Judo could be considered as such but his sanzu lines and kekkai aren't mastered. He had then since he was twelve and that's why he can do as much as he can. He still has a lot to learn with the kekkai and they only have so much power. For example they could implode a boulder or a section of a hollow but not much else. He can only use one sanzu line in combat, the other is essentially the special beam cannon from when piccolo and goku were fighting Raditz.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Orc in the Playground

Word of advice: when you compare what your character can do to what characters in already stablished anime can do, it makes the character look bad.

It'd be a lot more interesting if he could work his way up to the ability levels you propose, specially if they're meant to come from the same source.

Incidentally, I'm familiar with Judo, having trained it myself for roughly three years. It's pretty much useless against non-humanoid, larger, bigger-necks-than-your-arms or heavier opponents. It also requires you to either possess an iron grip or hope your opponent has built-in handholds. Therefore, I'm fine with whatever level of skill you choose to have with it, even though I suggest he be a green belt at best (for reference, the belts go: white, gray, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, brown, black).

Multiple powers should come from the same source. People with multiple powersets (as in from different sources) are pretty hard to come by in Bleach. (Shinigami are something of an exception, but typically their level of skill isn't equal in all areas.)
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, maybe "master" is the wrong word, but I find it hard to believe he can use entirely different and unrelated abilities that both require large amounts of practice (specifically Kekkai and Judo). This is, honestly, just too much for me to accept in a 16-year-old.

Chase has too many abilities for me. 16 year old kids shouldn't have so many abilities at such high levels of power. That's my personal belief, and I think it is a fair one.

Edit:
    Chase can almost be considered a master at Judo though his own master still calls him a tadpole, a big tadpole but a tadpole just the same.
    Maybe he needs to be less good at this?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-10-19 at 08:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fine then, I can take him down a notch in Judo, my entire reason for him being so good was that he trained in it for seven years and had one on one teaching with a master. Instead of near black belt level I can take him down to Kuroi's suggested green belt level.

Also Kuroi I was refering to the charge time.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, I've altered Myojin. Is this is acceptable, or is there something else I should change?
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, I hope some of these thoughts are useful for you. I'm sorry if it seems difficult to understand or criticism. 

Mr. Koga:
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems he has the same ability as nothingclever's character Ken, and additionally can become a weapon.

Weapon Form: How? I don't understand how he has power to become a weapon. It doesn't seem like a mortal medium's power. Please see Mr. Chase Weapon Wield also for my thoughts about such a thing.

Mr. Chase:

I understand the influences of the character, but it is too powerful, don't you think? Also it creates problems for other characters. Of the character, I don't know what his theme is. It seems he has many different powers. But I don't know what is his main theme.
    Spoiler
    Show

Judo: It seems Koga is to be a physical combat fighter, so it is his specialty. But Mr. Chase is better than him.

Weapon Wield: Because I also like this kind of character, I would really like for you to make this special, if it is to be used. When I have made such a character, this is the special ability of the character. I don't see how it is special for Mr. Chase and Mr. Koga, because he has other powers. Also, while there is some examples in Bleach to do this, it is not usual for mortal characters. So, if it is such a power you decide on, please explain about it more. For Soul Eater characters, the entire power is this style. Please think about interesting stories of such characters and relationships. For Mr. Chase, it seems a side power.

Kekkai: To speak of main characters powers, to use Kekkaishi also, it is the special power of the characters. I am unsure how to disagree more of barrier power. Michiko was a character who had such an ability. All of my character Sayaka's fight ability is to do such a thing. For Mr. Chase, it seems a side power. Also, if you want to make Kekkaishi, you need to establish in the setting such a history. It is possible to do, but maybe some player don't know Kekkaishi, so it is the responsibility of you to make. Of the discussion of missing school, this was the case of Sayaka, my character also.

Sanzu Lines: I understand you use Soul Eater reference again. I think already he has too many powers, but if you use, please understand the referencing and explain why he has such an ability. This ability is also like entire ability of some characters (to increase physical ability). Also, there is no limit of this ability, or problem of it's use. If it is main ability, won't you explain history also?

I would like to recommend please choose one theme and please make the theme very interesting. I think you have some good choice. You can make a unique character and story with a power. But to do all of them it doesn't seem like a unique character, just powers from famous comics. Thank you for your time.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Orc in the Playground

I have to mirror questioning the expanse of Chase's abilities, most of the mortal kids have one unique ability, if they have any at all. Not to mention, even now the "spirit weapon" thing still mirrors the shinigami's zanpaktou, just lacking a special ability. Why should it be seperate? Why can Chase not just be a living shinigami?

I must also inquire as to the limit, if any, on Sanzu Lines. Or why it's even strictly necessary. Straight ability boosts are, well... rare for a reason, because it's hard to quantify them, they're usually just tied to releases. And really, straight ability increases are kind of boring, IMO.

I suppose I could have been more thorough in my last post on this subject, but it really seems like Chase's abilities are a little wide.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-19 at 09:08 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Living shinigami? Can you elaborate please?

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Orc in the Playground

Hayashi Izumi is an example.

Ichigo from Canon Bleach is also an example.

They are mortals who are alive, but have shinigami powers when ejected from their still living bodies, the difference between them and true shinigami being the presence of that body.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay then, I always classified them as substitute shinigami. I guess I could try that, though where would his shinigami powers come from? hmmm

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Bugbear in the Playground

From a Shinigami who lent them to him.

It's very simple. He could have died, he could have adopted the kid, et cetera.

Honestly though, I'm a bit concerned about your character making habits right now Kid. You've made four characters, and three of them have been expys from Soul Eater.

You have:

• Black Star
    • Tsubaki (Twice Now, with Chase's history)
    • Chrona
    • Ragnarok
    • Death the Kidd

Sure, I admit to having an expy or two (HECATE is definitely not AEGIS from Persona 3. Nooope.), but every one of your characters has been from Soul Eater so far. And instead of attempting to import people like Death the Kidd who is incredibly powerful as a high class Shinigami, you're making him a mortal with multiple abilities. If you wanted to expy Soul Eater you SHOULD have made Death the Kidd a Shinigami and Black Star a Spiritual Human, whose ability let's him, iunno, summon soul versions of weaponry?

That would have been cool.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    From a Shinigami who lent them to him.

It's very simple. He could have died, he could have adopted the kid, et cetera.

Honestly though, I'm a bit concerned about your character making habits right now Kid. You've made four characters, and three of them have been expys from Soul Eater.

You have:

• Black Star
    • Tsubaki (Twice Now, with Chase's history)
    • Chrona
    • Ragnarok
    • Death the Kidd

Sure, I admit to having an expy or two (HECATE is definitely not AEGIS from Persona 3. Nooope.), but every one of your characters has been from Soul Eater so far. And instead of attempting to import people like Death the Kidd who is incredibly powerful as a high class Shinigami, you're making him a mortal with multiple abilities. If you wanted to expy Soul Eater you SHOULD have made Death the Kidd a Shinigami and Black Star a Spiritual Human, whose ability let's him, iunno, summon soul versions of weaponry?

That would have been cool.
    Does a living shinigami have to be given their powers? I thought that substitutes were living shinigami, but not all living shinigami had to be substitutes?

Also, we all have an expy or two

Speaking of, Kd and Geister could have an interesting scene like this Only with vicente being the nacho eating batman and Geister saying something about not using his horrifying powers to make los nachos.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah sorry. It's because with inspired characters I have a baseline to work with. With out them I go a bit haywire. Heck I'm going haywire now and that's...with... a guide IDEA!

Okay say I take out out the kekkai thing and replace it with something else. I always wanted a character like this. what about gravity manipulation. I'm thinking about making him a living shinigami. So what I was thinking of doing was having his primary power being the Weapon Wield skill. It would be basically be like described only he would have special attacks to go with it, With his spirit power being gravity manipulation. I would have to make up a shinigami to give him his powers though.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 09:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

See, now I kind of want to make a spiritually aware human, but I don't at the same time because I don't want so many new characters to just show up. Hmmm...

19. - Top - End - #1249

Hate to burst your bubble Kid, but there already is a character with Gravity manipulation.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

Specifically Viatrix Klossner, because it's not clear.

Here's her wiki entry, too.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Okay, maybe "master" is the wrong word, but I find it hard to believe he can use entirely different and unrelated abilities that both require large amounts of practice (specifically Kekkai and Judo). This is, honestly, just too much for me to accept in a 16-year-old.

Chase has too many abilities for me. 16 year old kids shouldn't have so many abilities at such high levels of power. That's my personal belief, and I think it is a fair one.

Edit:

Maybe he needs to be less good at this?
    Eh, Judo actually shows little variation in technique and strategy. Out of most martial arts it is the easiest to grasp because pretty much every technique in it uses only your waist, legs (from the knee down) and arms, and even so it tends not to use too many at once (plus, it only has throws and holds). A sufficiently diligent student could learn all of its techniques in a couple of years, tops. Becoming proficient at Judo is more about body type than it is about talent - technique plays a part but it's useless without power.

Hollows in general are about as worried about judoka as a warrior in full plate mail is about a slingshot.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gosh dang it to heck! Um okay then um how about....um.......oh oh oh! How about Light? Or maybe electricity?

23. - Top - End - #1253

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Gosh dang it to heck! Um okay then um how about....um.......oh oh oh! How about Light? Or maybe electricity?
    First one is taken by one of the Hayashis in Seireitei I think. One of tgva's characters, or at least a concept he was throwing around.

Second one is taken by Izumi Hayashi, with Kyurinmaru or whatever.

How about control over WIND. That seems free.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, Izumi does wind. Shishiou does electricity. Karite does ice, Natsuko does fire, Masaru does light, and Reiji does light differently.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

THATS IT! It works and it would allow him to use his skateboard Beelzebub. He would use it to fly and for speed. So yeah I'll use Wind. Okay going to start the editing.

EDIT: DANGIT!
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 10:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Orc in the Playground

Try to focus on making your current character a bit more unique first. He has a Kenshiro-style beating to respond to.

Deadtiming. Freaking Daylight Savings Time.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well then I guess I either have to use the barriers or use an element another person already has.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

AnimeKid: I'm going to echo the others in saying 1.)you should work on building up your existing character(s), and 2.)Chase and his brother need way more thematic focus.

Using 2 melee weapons, while difficult, has historical precedent in being actually effective (Exhibit A being Miyamoto Musashi, who Masaru may or may not be. <_< >_>). I have yet to hear of a viable combat application for 2 pistols (FPS's don't count ).

Kaito's using TK, which has both more and less finesse. Right now he can lift a bunch of rocks, but it's nothing like wielding 2 pistols or swords or whatever. Maybe, maybe, when he's gained a fair bit of experience and training (hopefully we can get a couple of reasonable in-game timeskips, if for no other reason than to somewhat catch up with real-time), he could do something like this gal.

Nakahiro may or may not be able to, but unless he trains, he'll only have potential.

As for 2 SS, I again point to the greater viability of melee dual-wield.

Does a living shinigami have to be given their powers? I thought that substitutes were living shinigami, but not all living shinigami had to be substitutes? .
    I believe that, technically speaking, "living shinigami" is our classification of their "species", while "substitute shinigami" would be a rank/title. Ichigo didn't get that title until after the Soul Society arc.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm...

If I recall, living shinigami were those mortals with the ability to employ shinigami powers without the need to abandon their physical bodies first, while a substitute is a human with a shinigami soul capable of separating form his mortal body without the risk of the separation causing it lasting harm (aka: Death).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Also, we all have an expy or two
    We do? This is news to me. Guess I better start making that expy then?

I was throwing around electricity but I dumped it, so if you want it for a Zanpakuto feel free to take it. I already have 4.5-5 characters and a 6th in my head who needs a bio anyways. But even still, if you can use an element someone's already using in a different way, that's not really that much of a problem. I mean, it's not like there's only one way to use Fire.

Draken: We may have changed it, but that works for me. Izumi would be a Living Shinigami and not a Substitute Shinigami under this definition, right?

Kuroimaken: Where are you that Daylight Savings Time is changing now? Our Google Overlords tell me that it ends November 6th, and it's still middle of October.