New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Yay third division stuff.
    Hey Maximus, if your intent is to get involved in the game, it's generally a better idea to initiate some interaction yourself, as opposed to waiting for someone else to do it for you. So, now that your character is in the third division barracks, perhaps you could go talk to Daisuke? Maybe he has something he needs to talk to a higher-up about, or he just came back from some assignment. Either way, don't wait for someone else to start roleplaying.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

So... no objections OR suggestions for Rouga?

Come on, peeps.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Hey Maximus, if your intent is to get involved in the game, it's generally a better idea to initiate some interaction yourself, as opposed to waiting for someone else to do it for you. So, now that your character is in the third division barracks, perhaps you could go talk to Daisuke? Maybe he has something he needs to talk to a higher-up about, or he just came back from some assignment. Either way, don't wait for someone else to start roleplaying.
    Alright, I just feel a little out of it. I'm not really in the loop, and it's a little confusing. Feels awkward posting for some reason.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Right, so I've been thinking of a few ideas for Rouga's Necromancia.

Rouga's Necromancia: Hitotsujin Guntai Jidouryoku Yuutsu (Melancholic Leadership of One Man's Army)

Because Rouga is about as "Spanish" as chow mein.

I'm having trouble classifying them, so I'd appreciate any help. Suggestions are also welcome - I'm coming up a little empty on the whole One-Man Army concept.
    Spoiler
    Show

Jidouryoku Futan/Burden of Leadership: Rouga's Reiatsu permeates the air with an aura of authority that is difficult to deny. It tends to affect those around him mentally first, giving them the impression that regardless of height, weight, or length, next to Rouga everyone seems far too small. In combat, this translates as a sudden and VERY striking feeling of exceeding weight. This feeling is proportional to the effort expended - in other words, the faster you go, the heavier you feel, to the point that your speed seemingly does not increase at all. The main use of this ability is to bring speedster types down to Rouga's speed. It has no effect on energy attacks, because Kidou, Cero and Bala have no FEELINGS. This effect increases with subsequent releases as well as proximity, and though it can be resisted by using one's Reiatsu, it's oppressive enough that even upper-seated officers might find it difficult to so much as stand on its higher "settings". Strangely, this power can also be used in "reverse", reducing the feelings of fatigue and making the target feel weightless compared to his previous state (though whether this helps them or not is up to the target's profile). This latter application, however, cannot be used on Rouga himself.

Saitaegatai Meirei/Supreme Irresistible Order: Oh hey, it's Geass. (No, but seriously...) ...Seriously, guys, just look up Greater Geas/Quest on D&D and translate it into a Hollow Power. BUT, for those not familiar with either Code Geass or D&D, here's how it works: Rouga looks into someone's eyes, dictates an order, and that someone obeys said order. Resisting is most definitely possible, requires the target to fight it off with their own Reiryoku, yadda yadda yadda... The important points are: YES, this power CAN force someone to do something they would normally not do AT ALL (up to and including suicide, but obviously, the more ludicrous the order, the comparatively easier it is to resist); NO, it cannot implant a "contingency" order (i.e. "act normally until you meet the Commander-General then blow up this homemade bomb"), though the order CAN be ongoing (i.e. "find your Captain and kill him"), in which case the victim has the entire duration of the order to resist, thus making long-term orders much less useful; NO, there are no visual cues to this power, though a sudden surge of Reiatsu CAN be felt. Again, the effects of this power increase with each release. This power consumes considerable Reiatsu, so it's not something Rouga can do repeatedly hundreds of times in a row, for example. Alternatively, the power can be used on all individuals within a given area, but its strength lessens. The only two ways to stop the effect are to dissipate Rouga's Reiatsu on the victim(s) (which can be done by the victim him/herself in the process of resisting or by others) or mortally wound/kill Rouga himself. (Rouga can also dispel it himself, but why would he do that?)

Tomerarenai Ikishi/Unstoppable Living Death: Instead of increasing his Hierro consciously, Rouga gives it a sudden "boost" by injecting it with a substantial dose of Reiatsu. This makes him practically impervious to all but the most ludicrous degrees of damage for a while (think of it as a bunch of temporary HP you have to knock off his barrier before his barrier even starts working). Unfortunately, it also forces his Hierro into a static state, so while using this, he can't use his Hierro aura as usual.

Gensou Koroshi/Illusion Killer: A leader's eye sees through everything. Rouga focuses his Reiatsu on his eyes, allowing him to overcome and see through illusions, smokescreens and many forms of feinting. While using this power, Rouga cannot use Saitaegatai Meirei or Fumu Niramu.

Fumu Niramu/Fear of Oblivion's Glare: It's just the good old fear gaze, folks. Uses most of the same parameters as Saitaegatai Meirei, except it can't force anyone to do anything except perhaps lose control of their bodily functions. The weakest targets die of fright. The only important detail is that it consumes significantly LESS Reiryoku than Saitaegatai Meirei, so it can be used more often.

Honestly, Illusion Killer just seems tacked on. I have no idea how it relates to Rouga's Aspect of Death or even the other abilities. Along those same lines, he has two gaze attacks that both force a mental compulsion...that's something I'm seeing with a lot of Necromancia that worries me. There hasn't been a hollow yet (aside from Geister in the last game, but see below) that could outright control somebody through some kind of mental influence. Geister had horrifying somethings or another (it's been awhile honestly) and that was less mental influence then 'real fuggin' scary!' Dominating an opponent just seems...unusual in the extreme for a hollow ability, might just be me.

Also, I can't think of a name for a voodoo-based healing zanpakuto, or a command for it. x.x Any help?
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-09-11 at 02:16 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Honestly, Illusion Killer just seems tacked on. I have no idea how it relates to Rouga's Aspect of Death or even the other abilities. Along those same lines, he has two gaze attacks that both force a mental compulsion...that's something I'm seeing with a lot of Necromancia that worries me. There hasn't been a hollow yet (aside from Geister in the last game, but see below) that could outright control somebody through some kind of mental influence. Geister had horrifying somethings or another (it's been awhile honestly) and that was less mental influence then 'real fuggin' scary!' Dominating an opponent just seems...unusual in the extreme for a hollow ability, might just be me.

Also, I can't think of a name for a voodoo-based healing zanpakuto, or a command for it. x.x Any help?
    Von Geister had his Velo Del Miedo, which basically amounted to a Fear Aura with a possible Phantasmal Slayer tacked on (but that part never came up).

He never quite mind controlled anyone, but one of his release abilities was to dive into someone and take over (like a ghost) and the psychic powers I started using around midgame lent themselves well to out-of-combat mindscrews.

Either way, Geas looked spot on (hah) and Burden of Leadership and the Fear gaze also seemed about right, but illusion piercer seemed tacked on as Callos said, specially given that it only applies to... One kido (Kyokko) and almost the whole spell setup of our quinta espada.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll echo Illusion killer feeling tacked on, but I also have to say that the Fear Gaze is redundant when Rouga can already command someone to be afraid or die with Geas.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, it also applies to Sekienton and mundane smokescreens. I basically thought up the ability as an extension of "a good leader can see the entirety of the battlefield", but it's no big deal, I guess (Rouga already has the supernatural equivalent of scent-based tracking).

As far as the "Geass" thing, keep in mind it's not exactly something subtle, as like I said, the longer it takes to accomplish an order the more time the victim has to put up a resistance - which places some burden on the victim herself, but also allows her more time to break the spell. So it's basically more useful for things like "sidestep the wrong way, please" or "would you be so kind as to hit yourself and not stop regardless of what I say, kthxbai".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Other possible ideas:

Spells to aid in Training From Hell.

More ally boosts.

More enemy debuffs.

And don't forget that one potential of necromancia is the use of bullying and brute force augmented with spiritual pressure to make reality comply to your wishes... Such as Von Geister preventing the dead from returning to the cycle of reincarnation and then mauling the soul into workable clay.

Five bucks that was his favourite pastime during the wars whenever he found a member of House Hayashi.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, it also applies to Sekienton and mundane smokescreens. I basically thought up the ability as an extension of "a good leader can see the entirety of the battlefield", but it's no big deal, I guess (Rouga already has the supernatural equivalent of scent-based tracking).
    Sekienton, smoke screens, any illusion based powers/zanpakuto, speed clones, darkness related abilities, and mundane feinting, by your wording, would all be negated by illusion killer as I read it. I'm also uneasy about how Rouga's first necromancia basically covers up his biggest weakness, that being he's hardly fast himself, but he drags every speedester down to his level...and if they aren't a speedester then they can't move at all unless they got a metric buttload of reiryoku to 'push back' with.

EDIT: Kuroi, do you know what the romanji for Crying Figurine would be?
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-09-11 at 02:58 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Necromancia, Sabas Fortunato: Misty Trail of a Thousand Misdirections
    Spoiler
    Show

Not unlike a powerful hallucinogen or drug, Sabas' Necromancia manipulates, controls, and distorts his opponent's perception of reality itself, forcing them to question both their own senses and eventually their sanity.

Fundamental: Trailless Forest
    Trailless Forest is an unusually subtle manifestation of Necromancia, but it has its uses. It is a complex Fundamental Necromancia that has a number of effects. First, it causes Fortunato's Reiatsu to be spread out over a tremendous area; several miles even when he is behaving passively. Second, it causes his Reiatsu to be spread perfectly evenly throughout its area, and prevents any method of spiritual tracking from determining Sabas' location within the fog of his Reiatsu. Finally, it causes Sabas' Reiatsu to shift about at random; it does not cover an evenly shaped area as most Reiatsu does, instead warping and twisting. This means also that Sabas is not necessarily at the center of his Reiatsu; he could be anywhere, even the edge.

Lesser:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stagnant Reflection: Each casting of this spell creates a mirror image of its target. The mirror image looks identical for all intents and purposes, but is not solid and has no mass. That said, the illusion will generate imitations of such things as dust clouds rising from the imitation's footsteps. The mirror image remains a few feet away from its template, and mirrors their movements perfectly.
    Misread Glimpse: When Sabas uses this spell, it creates an exact but illusory image of one of his attacks. Sabas himself must still make the necessary motions in order to make it convincing. For example, if he used the spell to mimic a Cero, he would still have to lift his hand. Otherwise, the "Cero" would seem to appear from thin air.
    Madness of the Birds: Madness of the birds is a passive effect when in effect. While it is activated, any individual within Sabas's Reiatsu loses their sense of the compass directions, severely inhibiting navigational ability. This spell does not normally affect anyone of significant power (mid to high level seated and up). If Sabas directly injects some of his own Reiatsu into a target through physical contact, however, then that individual is rendered vulnerable regardless of their power level. Sabas can also exclude anyone he desires from this effect.
    Alluring Distress: This spell creates a fake wound on Sabas's body. Any kind of injury can be mimicked, from a laceration to a burn to a broken bone. Sabas has enough skill to make almost any injury seem convincing, but the wound does not show the circumstances of its creation. Thus, the spell is most useful in combination with attacks from the opponent that obscure vision.
    Fade Into the Mists: This spell causes light to harmlessly pass through Sabas, rendering him completely invisible to the naked eye. This does not, however, mask any effects of him walking, such as leaving footprints or kicking up dust. He is also not protected from other means of detection, such as hearing or scent.
    Moment of Tranquility: When this spell is cast, Sabas makes absolutely no noise for several seconds. While this extends to his attacks, it does not affect anything else; if Sabas used a Cero while the spell was active, the Cero itself would be silent but it would still make a loud explosion on impact.
    Soft Echo: This spell allows Sabas to imitate any noise he has heard.
    Ghost Light: When this spell is cast, a single small light appears near Sabas. He has total control over any lights created by the spell, and can create multiple lights through multiple castings of the spell. The lights are not solid and glow only faintly, enough to be visible during the day but not enough to blind an opponent.
    Chameleon Arch: This spell creates a sphere of illusion in an area around Sabas. The sphere can be anywhere from a few feet across to the size of a small building. Sabas can cause anyone or anything inside the sphere to be invisible from the outside, at his discretion. The sphere is not mobile, however.
    River Walk: This spell suppresses and alters Sabas' Reiatsu. While it is not completely vanished, while the spell is active Sabas only possesses the Reiatsu of a normal human. River Walk is unusual in that it cannot be used while Sabas is in Resurrección or Segunda Etapa; his power is too released to be concealed so.

Greater:
    Spoiler
    Show

Traveler's Bane: This spell creates a large cloud of fog in an area determined by Sabas. The fog is roughly one mile in diameter and takes the shape of an uneven circle. The mist cloud is very thick, and visibility is reduced to only a few feet. As with all of Sabas' spells, the mist is an illusion. As such, it cannot be blown away or affected by external influences. It can be maintained for several hours before fading.
    Rippled Reflection: When this spell is cast, Sabas creates an illusory image of the spell's target. The spell functions exactly like Stagnant Reflection, except that the copy can move independently of the original, under Sabas' control. This spell can be used multiple times to make multiple copies.
    Hunter's Doom: This spell causes its target to lose their depth perception for several seconds. This can make ranged attacks or movement in treacherous terrain much more difficult.
    Sanctified Realm: This spell causes an area of roughly forty feet around Sabas to be rendered completely silent. No noise is made within the zone, and anything entering the zone immediately becomes noiseless.
    Haunting Echo: This spell functions exactly like Soft Echo, but with two exceptions. First, the sound does not need to be one Sabas has heard; he could imitate or simulate new ones. Second, the sound can come from anywhere with in one hundred feet of Sabas, not necessarily from Sabas himself.
    Madness of the Tracker: This spell is a passive effect after its activation. Madness of the Tracker causes anyone within the area of Sabas's Reiatsu to have their spiritual senses distorted. This can manifest in many different ways; a far target could feel near, or vice versa, a signal could seem to come from a different direction, or the attempt at sensing might simply turn up no results at all. Sabas can prevent the spell from affecting specific targets.
    Illusive Landmark: This spell creates an illusory piece of terrain anywhere within Sabas' line of sight. This landmark can seem to be anything from a hole in the ground to a tall rock, but cannot be more than ten feet in diameter.

Horrific
    Spoiler
    Show

Betrayal of the Forest: This spell allows Sabas to completely control the appearance of the terrain anywhere touched by his Reiatsu. This makes navigation extraordinarily difficult; what looks like a wall could be an open space, or an open space might be a three hundred foot drop off a cliff. Fortunato cannot control the spell's targets, making it useless unless he is very isolated.
    Violation of the Refuge: The mightiest Necromancia spell available to Sabas. Violation of the Refuge can only be used under extremely specific circumstances; Sabas must remain in physical contact with the target throughout, and the target must be unconscious. If the target wakes up or Sabas leaves contact, the spell is broken. While the spell is active, Sabas has utter control of his target's mind. He can read their thoughts, uncover their pasts, and learn anything that the target knows. Additionally, he can simultaneously subject the target to any reality he desires. He could force them to relive memories, or make them feel they were being tortured. The target has no idea that this is all in their head; they believe that whatever they are experiencing is real, and their minds will make excuses to reinforce this belief. After the spell is broken, Violation of the Refuge leaves no permanent effects on the target, beyond possible scarring from any torments inflicted upon them by Sabas.

While I'm at it, I will also post my plan for Sabas' Segunda Etapa for scrutiny from the community.

Spoiler
    Show

Sabas Fortunato

Resurrección, Segunda Etapa: Refractiva Guía de un Mil Falso Verdades
    (Refracting Guide of a Thousand False Truths)

When Segunda Etapa is activated, Fortunato seems to change radically. His Wisps are absorbed into his body, which compresses into a ball about one foot in diameter across. With this, his Reiatsu vanishes as well; no spiritual energy seems to come from his new form. The ball glows radiantly and is quite fast, and capable of flight. Sabas' Hierro is radically increased in this form, but he loses the ability to use Bala, Garganta, Sonído, and Necromancia. His only offensive capability in this form is the ability to charge up to three Ceros at once.

This form, however, is not his true Segunda Etapa.

When the sphere is hit with an attack powerful enough to punch through Sabas' hierro, it cracks in half to reveal the true form of Refractiva Guía de un Mil Falso Verdades. The basic form of Sabas' Segunda Etapa appears identical to his Resurrección. He is, however, stretched out; his legs and arms are abnormally long, and he stands nearly eight feet tall. A pair of bat-like wings sprouts from his back, which appear to be made of brilliant white flames. These wings are each surrounded by a beam of light that turns at sharp angles to loop around them repeatedly. Sabas can use his wings to fly at high speeds, much like in his fake Segunda Etapa. In this form, Sabas glows more brightly than in his Resurrección, making him even more indistinct. The after image effect of his Resurrección is also enhanced; every few seconds of movement, Sabas leaves behind an exact illusory copy of himself in the position he was occupying. Up to ten of these copies can exist at once. The copies do not move, and fade after a few seconds.

Sabas' body is extremely malleable in this form, and he can stretch and alter himself at will. He can also compress parts of his body to harden them. While Sabas has no Hierro at all in this form, he has an impressive degree of regeneration. This regeneration is primarily effective against blades, and cannot restore him as easily when energy attacks or other forms of damage injure him. Sabas is much stronger than his gangly appearance would suggest, and is also very fast. Sabas loses his ability to speak in this form, but can telepathically communicate with anyone in hearing distance of him. This communication is one way, and Sabas cannot read the mind of his target.

Finally, Sabas' number of Wisps increases to ten. His control of them is improved, he can further increase their size, and they slightly magnify the power of anything they absorb, but otherwise, they function much alike their Resurrección forms. Sabas now only requires three Wisps to form a Will. Additionally, by combining all of his Wisps and sacrificing his wings, Sabas is able to create a Will-o-Wisp. A Will-o-Wisp is a spherical flame roughly two inches in diameter. It can take on the properties of any one of the Wills or Wisps that formed it, or it can be created as a blank slate. The Will-o-Wisp functions much like its weaker versions, but to a much greater degree. Sabas cannot maintain one for long, however.

Perhaps the oddest aspect of Sabas' Segunda Etapa is his weak points. Sabas has six small black marks spread out over his body that look like tattoos of a flame. These marks periodically shift locations, which is not under Sabas control. If one of these marks is struck by a physical attack or a pinpoint energy attack, then Sabas suffers severe pain and loses a portion of his spiritual energy reserves. These weak points, however, are also part of a deadly trap. At any time, two of the weak points are trapped; if one is struck by an attack that would normally harm it, Sabas is instead healed and his energy restored to a corresponding degree. Sabas does not know which marks are trapped, and they change at random times.

Cero Tríptico: If Sabas charges three Ceros close together and fires them all at once, the blasts fuse into one massive Cero. This attack is very draining, and also is not as concentrated as most of Sabas' Ceros, weakening it.
    Cero Supremo: Sabas' most powerful attack by far. To use it, Sabas must first call together three Wills and one Wisp in front of his hand. The Wills begin to rapidly orbit the Wisp as it gains power, eventually forming a blurred ring. Out of the Wisp, a monstrously powerful Cero is launched. Additionally, the Cero Supremo may take on unusual qualities depending on what, if anything, was absorbed by the Wisps and Wills. Cero Supremo drains an extraordinary amount of energy from Sabas, virtually guaranteeing that he will be forced to reseal. Even if he doesn't, his Wills and Wisps are drained of anything they may have absorbed.
    Since I didn't get any response about these the last time, I'm going to repost this once for scrutiny before I put it into the registry.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sekienton, smoke screens, any illusion based powers/zanpakuto, speed clones, darkness related abilities, and mundane feinting, by your wording, would all be negated by illusion killer as I read it. I'm also uneasy about how Rouga's first necromancia basically covers up his biggest weakness, that being he's hardly fast himself, but he drags every speedester down to his level...and if they aren't a speedester then they can't move at all unless they got a metric buttload of reiryoku to 'push back' with.

EDIT: Kuroi, do you know what the romanji for Crying Figurine would be?
    Like I mentioned before, it's not a big deal to remove that ability, but then again his nose already does pretty much all that already, except for the feinting.

And, yeah. If I fought for a living, covering my weaknesses would be my first priority - wouldn't it be yours?

It's actually more about "avoiding escape" than "avoiding movement". The whole point is to make it a hitting match and avoid hit-and-run type battles, so whoever has the most stamina and strength ends up winning as opposed to who can dodge the opponent the longest until he says "that's it, I'm done with this crap".

It actually sorta bugs me that it seems as though most speedster types can only be dealt with "AoE, LULZ" or making a race out of it (potentially trapping too, but speedster characters tend to avoid that by dodging at the last possible fraction of a second). I'd imagine it bugs Rouga, too.

Keep in mind it IS perfectly possible to fight at a distance with this ability on - the effect varies with distance from Rouga himself. It's part of why I left the energy attacks part open.

And it might not really take a metric buttload. A buttload is not a measure for anything in metric. But more seriously, it does make things into a race to see whether the speedster runs out of Reiryoku to fuel his hit-and-runs or if Rouga gets seriously injured/killed first.

Here are a few possible scenarios of such a fight.

Scenario 1: Speedster and Rouga fight. Speedster burns Reiryoku to ignore effects of Rouga's aura. In this scenario, either he/she goes for it with everything they have from the start or he/she gradually wears out as he/she has to work much harder to fight at the same pace as always, where speed is to his/her advantage.

Scenario 2: Rouga and a hard-hitter fight. The ability pretty much doesn't help with damage mitigation, and it's not like the hard-hitter was going to try running circles anyway. Reiryoku is spent, but pretty much all this does is keep the fight short, as most hard-hitters will try to go for one or two game-enders as they fight anyway - their point is to finish the opponent with as few strikes as possible, so they're not interested in a dragged-out fight.

Scenario 3: Rouga fights a Kidou user: Ever noticed how the vast majority of Kidou attacks are ranged? Yeah. Unless he actually comes closer for whatever reason this ability does ZILCH against the Kidou user unless Rouga manages to get close enough - his ranged game is just as slow as his melee game is.

Scenario 4: Rouga fights a speedster who prefers to attack with Kidou/guns/bows/other ranged attacks: Pretty much the same as above, except with playing tag as well.

The ability doesn't actually make you tired by itself, only if you move around too much.

This also ends the good old "Rouga is an obstacle to run around" schtick.

As for the romaji... er, what you just did IS romaji. If you want the katakana spelling, that'd be Kuraingu Figyarin. If you want the kanji, I can check.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-11 at 03:48 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

And, yeah. If I fought for a living, covering my weaknesses would be my first priority - wouldn't it be yours?
    My point isn't an IC one, it's a meta one. I'll use Genoveva as an example, despite the fact she's incapable of Necromancia. When I made her, I gave up on hierro in favor of speed and reiryoku, cause it fit the image I wanted to use. It doesn't mean as much that she'll dodge damn near everything, because it'll only take a couple GOOD hits to take her out anyway. Now, with the advent of Necromancia, what if she had a necromancy 'spell' that suddenly boosts her defense to the point that upper-seated shinigami/powerful arrancar have difficulty cutting her? Makes sense character-wise, weaknesses should be covered after all, but it's not that fair to other players who suddenly have to deal with 'she'll dodge damn near anything and, oh yeah, good luck hurting her if you DO hit her'.

It's actually more about "avoiding escape" than "avoiding movement". The whole point is to make it a hitting match and avoid hit-and-run type battles, so whoever has the most stamina and strength ends up winning as opposed to who can dodge the opponent the longest until he says "that's it, I'm done with this crap".

It actually sorta bugs me that it seems as though most speedster types can only be dealt with "AoE, LULZ" or making a race out of it (potentially trapping too, but speedster characters tend to avoid that by dodging at the last possible fraction of a second). I'd imagine it bugs Rouga, too.

This I get, but I think it's cause most forget how tiring sonido/shunpo can be. Genoveva's built for duration sonido and weird sonido tricks, but even she can't do it forever.

Keep in mind it IS perfectly possible to fight at a distance with this ability on - the effect varies with distance from Rouga himself. It's part of why I left the energy attacks part open.

And it might not really take a metric buttload. A buttload is not a measure for anything in metric. But more seriously, it does make things into a race to see whether the speedster runs out of Reiryoku to fuel his hit-and-runs or if Rouga gets seriously injured/killed first.

Here are a few possible scenarios of such a fight.

The ability doesn't actually make you tired by itself, only if you move around too much.

This also ends the good old "Rouga is an obstacle to run around" schtick.

As for the romaji... er, what you just did IS romaji. If you want the katakana spelling, that'd be Kuraingu Figyarin. If you want the kanji, I can check.
    My problem isn't with the power, but rather how strong it is as it's written, or at least how strong it seems to be. I'm all for a big wall like Rouga forcing somebody to have to fight him instead of just going around him, but that ability seems to take it to the point of balance-breaking without being toned down a little. I mean heck, it means a wide variety of characters simply CAN'T fight Rouga at all. Not that they can't try, but they literally CAN'T. That's kinda a big 'no' for me cause I'm all for hopeless attacks even if the attacker knows they won't win. Just being frozen mid-attack is just anti-climatic.

Er...Yeah, I wanted the katakana apparently.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

There is a quite simple way to deal with speedsters if they are on the more righteous side of the coin.

Shoot innocent bystanders.

Edit:

Anyway, a solution for that would be turn that fundamental into a 'gravity' (or anything really) effect with a default strength (20% - 27% - 33% reduction perhaps?), and make actual "binding" effects into his spells. Give then police enforcement related names, even.

Edit2: Also, dorizzit, it looks good to me.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-11 at 05:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #134

Normally, I'd wait a few pages before reposting but I was considering doing something about this.

Necromancia, Apolinar Rodriguez: Maestro y comandante de la estrellándose, olas de orgullo (Master and Commander of the Crashing Waves of Pride)

Spoiler
    Show

Apolinar Rodriguez is a man of his word and his appearance: a pride-crazed psychopath who will murder you if you insult him. This isn't all that there is to him, though... he also, as a drowned man, carried an aura of the sea with him. His invincible belief in his own invincibility combined with his white-hot outrage at having his image challenged fuses with the thunderous wrath of the sea to produce a brutally powerful set of Necromancia spells that focus on smashing those unlucky enough to cross his path into a watery grave.

Problem is, Apolinar isn't too good at self reflection - his own Aspect being somewhat of a barrier to learning Aspect related techniques such as Necromancia. Apolinar, however, thinks he can rise above such concerns if he has to. But is that in itself prideful thinking?

Fundamental - Unfathomable Deeps

Spoiler
    Show
    Apolinar has spent so long marinated in brine that he practically is the sea, gaining utterly unimpeded movement whilst under the waves due to his reiatsu taking on many of its qualities. For all intents and purposes, he treats it exactly the same as air for travel. In addition, he also takes some of this aura out of the ocean with him, bringing a certain shortness of breath and heaviness of the lungs to all who actually use those organs. Of course, this being a fundamental effect it's pretty easily resisted, requiring merely the target to be seated to avoid any encumbrance from this aura. Releases intensify this effect, to the point that only Captains can fight off its effects entirely when he is in Segunda Etapa.

Lesser Spells
    Spoiler
    Show

Lesser Crushing Pressure
    Apolinar calls down the weight of 5 fathoms of seawater onto the unfortunate's head, forcing them to work extra hard to get up in the air, attack or even move. Of course, 5 fathoms of seawater might not actually be that much for a strong opponent.

Lesser Scorn Shield
    Apolinar can form a barrier of seawater around himself. When struck, this barrier wraps itself around the blade of the unfortunate attacker and attempts to crush the life out of them. It's possible to destroy the barrier utterly with a strong enough swing, and can be resisted by a Vice-Captain easily. It also does not work on spiritual projectiles such as Kido, Bala or Cero.

Raging Storm
    A large wave of seawater blasts out from Apolinar towards the unfortunate that has angered him. It moves the same speed as his Cero but has around 20 times the surface area, making it quite a bit harder to dodge. Of course, spreading power out like that reduces the force of the attack somewhat.

Lesser Narcis Tsunami
    This rather elaborately named attack is simply the conversion of his Cero into a 360 degree shockwave along the ground. It retains the same power and speed and has adjustable height - up to 5ft high - as well as multiple uses in a single 'cast.' It goes without saying that this requires more power than an ordinary Cero, and is pretty much the strongest attack that an unreleased Apolinar can offer.

Greater Spells
    Spoiler
    Show

Greater Crushing Pressure
    There is now 10 fathoms of seawater crushing down upon the poor sod that angered Apolinar enough for him to release. It's around about a Bakudo 60 in restraining power. It should be noted that this spell is perfectly capable of killing those who cannot withstand the pressure.

Greater Scorn Shield
    Apolinar's defense of his pride causes him to erect a far more durable barrier, capable of choking out all but a captain under the immense pressure, should they try and strike Apolinar directly. It still retains the same vulnerability to ranged attacks, however.

Aegis Slam
    Apolinar smashes into the target full tilt, using a jet of seawater to quadruple the impact of the charge. While performing the attack, a shield of seawater forms around his front, meaning standing and shooting with any Kido weaker than 60 is a bad move. The shield does not cover his sides, representing the fool who believes his flank to be insiginficant, too focused on displaying his power to the world to watch his back. It also means that a Shinigami skilled with Shunpo can simply sidestep, then nuke.

Greater Narcis Tsunami
    This technique becomes a modification of Glorious Fusilade after Ressureccion. The waves become significantly more powerful, gaining strength and pushback and rising up to 10 feet in the air, blasting away those who would dare stand against the mighty General, leaving him alone standing amongst the fallen bodies of his enemies - as it should be.

Horrific Spells
    Spoiler
    Show

Horrific Scorn Shield
    If by some impossible chance (from his point of view) Apolinar is pushed to Segunda Etapa, congratulations: You've made him seriously pissed off. Attacking him directly when he erects this nigh-indestructible barrier is tantamount to suicide, as when the trendrils reach out to grab you, there is absolutely no escape. You will be crushed to pulp if you stay in there. The only hope of getting out is to make Apolinar let you go somehow, as the grinding pressure of the wrathful sea is simply unbreakable by all but the most powerful one or two individuals.

Or you could just attack from afar with any Kido stronger than 40.

Horrific Narcis Tsunami
    Apolinar's sheer outrage explodes outwards in a dome of unimaginable force, blasting away all those who were stupid enough to challenge Apolinar's supremacy. This monstrosity hits like a Forbidden Kido, but expends all of Apolinar's rage and power, forcing a reseal in most cases.

Purgatorio
    Apolinar reaches out with his chains and grabs the unfortunate victim, before holding them close and looking them dead in the eyes. Almost immediately, the vicitim's mind is transported to a raging sea, fighting for breath as unnatural cold seeps away at their life force. Apolinar's voice rings omnipresent throughout the area, mocking the victim ceaselessly.

This is the ultimate expression of everything Apolinar, his boot crushing the life out of you as he pronounces your life meaningless, writing your name in the mud of history. His desire for absolute control and supremacy grips your very soul and tries to crush it into an obedient slave, forcing you to heel under overwhelming pressure.

Those with a will of iron can resist this treatment, but if they do not find a way out they will die of the unholy cold of Apolinar's dire ocean. Those who succumb become a obedient slave under Apolinar's direct mental control. Can they be rescued? It is uncertain...
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

You should remember I have a hard time measuring things with words. My number-to-words algorhythm is old and broken, dammit.

Actually, Shunpo and Sonido are most tiresome when you try to do it much, much faster. (I run, so I have a certain measure of experience with this...)

It's important to remember that any two given characters using Shunpou/Sonido may not necessarily achieve the same speeds (remember Yoruichi taunting Byakuya in the SS arc?). Think of it like a rhythm.

There's a rhythm for walking, in which moving around doesn't make you tired at all, unless you keep it up for several hours.

There's power-walking, which is basically about one-a-half to twice as fast a pace than walking. If you train regularly, it's not that difficult to keep this up for a couple of hours, perhaps more. And you'll probably be about as tired by the end as if you had walked for twice or even thrice as long.

There's light jogging, which is about one-and-a-half to twice the pace of power-walking. At this point the basic difference is that you lift your feet off the ground a little bit, but even that much is a bit more tiring. Even so you can probably keep it up for around an hour and a half (more if you take REALLY good care of yourself and train regularly). And, again, you'll be about as tired as a really long walk.

There's jogging. About twice as fast and twice as tiring as light jogging. It's still not that much; this is basically the level of exercise one would need at least a couple of times a week to stay fit, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. At a good pace, you can probably keep this up between 45 minutes to an hour. At this point you might get a little more tired than the previous forms, but it's still not that big a deal.

There's moderate jogging. At this point you're picking up some speed, but the pace is still not too hard to keep if you watch your breathing closely. 30 to 45 minutes of this will work up quite a bit of sweat, and you WILL be panting by the end of it.

There's hard jogging. This is essentially sustained running - you're trying to run as fast as you can without working up your heart or your lungs too much. This is harder to keep up as it requires a good measure of concentration so you don't go overboard. 15 to 20 minutes of this WILL make you bend at the knees by the time you're done, and you will probably be sore the next morning, or at least for the next several hours.

There's dashing. This is a full-tilt rush with little care for endurance. You breathe hard and you move your legs as fast as you can. It's typically really hard to keep this up for more than a minute or two at a time - if you can, your lung capacity is probably through the roof. Professionals can likely do it for longer, but even so their speed begins to drop midway through.

This is regular walking/jogging/dashing. Shunpou can also be like that, but even the "walking" speed for Shunpou is already WTF fast, and it goes up from there. What Rouga does essentially is force the level of effort of a higher category on a slower rhythm - so you feel like you're dashing when you're really jogging hard, etc.. You can burn Reiryoku to nullify the effect, but in doing so you're essentially diminishing how many times you're going to use Shunpou/Sonido overall. If an opponent is particularly weak, then he/she might drop two categories instead of one, but at most that means "no fast moving for you", not "no moving for you".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    There is a quite simple way to deal with speedsters if they are on the more righteous side of the coin.

Edit:

Anyway, a solution for that would be turn that fundamental into a 'gravity' (or anything really) effect with a default strength (20% - 27% - 33% reduction perhaps?), and make actual "binding" effects into his spells. Give then police inforcement related names, even.

Edit2: Also, dorizzit, it looks good to me.
    What on Earth does police enforcement and Leadership have in common?

EDIT: I am leery of making it a gravity effect because it's not supposed to MAKE you heavier, but rather make you FEEL heavier. Hence why energy attacks/projectiles are unaffected (weapons too, though that can actually work in the opponent's favor, since they feel they have to swing harder to accomplish the same effect, which means they get tired faster).
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-11 at 05:43 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

What on Earth does police enforcement and Leadership have in common?
    Police power is a prerogative limited to administrative bodies, aka, leaders. Often governments.

Administrative Law I kinda hammers that into your brain.

Edit: It is why I wrote "or whatever", it weights people down somehow. Gravity was the first thing to come to mind.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-11 at 05:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

I am... slightly confused.

Callos, would you mind pointing out exactly WHICH part(s) of the ability make you concerned?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

@ Dorizzit

Looks fine to me.

@ Kuroimaken

If you allow, give me a day's time and I'll see if I can write a spread for you. Your current spells look scalable.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds cool, it's not like I'm gonna be using them today anyway.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

I am opposed to Saitaegatai Meirei/Supreme Irresistible Order on the principle of what it implies (you telling someone else what their character can do). It is also far more powerful than I feel any character should be able to do. I see Saitaegati Meirei as obviously Horrific if not higher.

Gensou Koroshi/Illusion Killer seems totally unnecessary. It doesn't fit with the idea of "commanding presence" to me, and it really just doesn't make any sense.

I see Tomerarenai Ikishi/Unstoppable Living Death as probably Lesser. His Fundamental should probably be his Shield Aura. It sounds exactly like a Fundamental Necromancia to me, as it is an aura-style effect based on reiatsu that can be released in a controlled fashion. So where did this other aura, the Jidouryoku Futan/Burden of Leadership, come from?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

So are there any major concerns about Curse of Linked Death? Also I must protest to these potential instant death abilities, even if only the weakest NPCs are killed, given the only reason I even thought of Talon's ability is that it was contingent on her death and seemed an appropriate 'capstone' as it were. In fact a lot of these seem to have absolutes, in all honesty. And personally, if it is in any way an 'absolute' it should have major drawbacks.

For Rouga's Geas ability, I would personally suggest the expended reiatsu not return until the command was carried out or resisted, and if he successfully led to their death with it, there should be a period of time before he fully recovers. The reiatsu sort of clinging on to the foe to control their actions, and them dying complicating the matter. But that's me.

EDIT: And, as tgva said, control abilities are a touchy subject. I imagine that it is only effective if the player allows it, but quite honestly it is a slippery slope.

Also, it'd be nice if you categorized those spells. They all seem Greater to Horrific to me, honestly. And you could stand to fill out the base a little as such.

On Cuerva's, only a few of her abilities seem linked to her aspect of death, honestly. You can explain your reasoning, even if the scope of abilities is wider than first explained. But I don't feel some of the shadow-based abilities really fit in (and, as KD said, it sort of steps on Vicente's toes).

Also, as KD mentioned, the horrific starvation technique seems awfully low-cost for Cuerva for what it can do.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-11 at 06:23 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    So are there any major concerns about Curse of Linked Death? Also I must protest to these potential instant death abilities, even if only the weakest NPCs are killed, given the only reason I even thought of Talon's ability is that it was contingent on her death and seemed an appropriate 'capstone' as it were. In fact a lot of these seem to have absolutes, in all honesty. And personally, if it is in any way an 'absolute' it should have major drawbacks.

For Rouga's Geas ability, I would personally suggest the expended reiatsu not return until the command was carried out or resisted, and if he successfully led to their death with it, there should be a period of time before he fully recovers. The reiatsu sort of clinging on to the foe to control their actions, and them dying complicating the matter. But that's me.

EDIT: And, as tgva said, control abilities are a touchy subject. I imagine that it is only effective if the player allows it, but quite honestly it is a slippery slope.

Also, it'd be nice if you categorized those spells. They all seem Greater to Horrific to me, honestly. And you could stand to fill out the base a little as such.

On Cuerva's, only a few of her abilities seem linked to her aspect of death, honestly. You can explain your reasoning, even if the scope of abilities is wider than first explained. But I don't feel some of the shadow-based abilities really fit in (and, as KD said, it sort of steps on Vicente's toes).

Also, as KD mentioned, the horrific starvation technique seems awfully low-cost for Cuerva for what it can do.
    Nick is helping Kuroi with the categories I think.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Draken, you scare me. Just saying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Draken, you scare me. Just saying.
    ... What? I am not saying anything new. It was how I dealt with Satoshi last game.

Here I was sure you would comment on my line about Von Geister hunting Hayashis just to maul their souls into animalistic thingies for no better reason than to prevent their reincarnation out of spite.

Edit of doom! Von geister's segunda etapa at long last!

Resurrección Segunda Etapa: Creador
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon entering Segunda Etapa, Von Geister’s body snaps and fuses back into a humanoid form about nine feet tall, apparently wearing a fully closed helmet and a pale white, stripped mantle ending in stingers.
    The first impression is deceiving. The mantle is, in actuality, a set of ten tentacles ending in bone stingers. Von Geister’s head is engulfed by a bone-white plate without eyes, ears or nose, but it does have a complex mouth made of horizontal and vertical sets of mandibles.

Once the shroud of tentacles is off, the rest of Von Geister’s body is visible, he is covered in skeletal plate not unlike the armor of his drone children, he still sports four arms, and wields a single bone-white staff. The most glaringly obvious detail that becomes visible once the shroud comes off is, however, the head-sized, three-lobed green-gray glowing eye in the middle of his ribcage. Even if this eye is closed, Von Geister always appears to be able to see with perfect clarity.

But this initial appearance is of relatively little concern, because Creador has no set form.

Tres Ceros: While in Segunda Etapa, Von Geister can charge and fire up to three ceros simultaneously.

Cero Palido: However, Von Geister can focus energy into a single cero of terrible glory; this is the Ghost King’s Cero, a surge of bleak radiance that illuminates the world around it with nothing but black, white and shades of gray.

Form of Madness [Imperialist Burning Eye]: Von Geister’s oldest children sport a Form of Madness of their own, all of whom derive those awful powers from their father, who in turn sports two such powers. The first is the Imperialist Burning Eye, causing any being that locks its gaze with Von Geister’s own three-lobed burning eye to be utterly immobilized (they find blinking or otherwise closing their eyes to be specially difficult). This effect is akin to a binding kido of 90th level. Any effect that breaks this eye contact immediately ends the effect. This effect can be suppressed if Von Geister feels like.

Form of Madness [Undefined Unnatural Being]: Lesser beings who gaze upon the Ghost King of All Hollows in all of his dreadful glory need not suffer the memory, He is not so cruel. Any time Von Geister shapechanges, any memory onlookers held of his previous form immediately vanish, even recordings of it become blurred and undecipherable. The only thing an onlooker can ever consciously recall is his burning, green-gray eye, but it is not unusual for the weaker and more impressionable to be haunted by nightmares of the Ghost King’s forms for the rest of their lives. This ability is only triggered by radical changes of appearance, small additions to the current basic form do not trigger it (or do, but it doesn’t matter).

Protean Flesh: Creador is ever-changing. It is the ultimate definition of Von Geister’s power, adaptability to match that of his whole species, the unquenchable desire of life to persevere at any cost and the absolute power of nature to cheat its way past any trial. This ability allows Von Geister to change his form freely and at will, with two limitations. First, his eye never changes anything besides its size and it can never be smaller than a human skull (limiting how small Von Geister can become). Second, Von Geister has a limit of mass of about 150 tons (30 tons less than your average blue whale). Larger sizes increase Von Geister’s physical strength and resilience accordingly, but also reduce his agility.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-11 at 06:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

Like I said, I was having some trouble getting those properly categorized.

I kinda like the idea of the clinging Reiatsu. I don't think it's the kind of ability Rouga would use very often, really. It is the one that better fits his Aspect of Death if you think about it.

So where did this other aura, the Jidouryoku Futan/Burden of Leadership, come from?
    It's actually what its very name implies, if you think about it.

Leaders are people burdened with responsibilities. They must think and take the best decisions, sometimes going against what they personally desire. That aura is a manifestation of the "weight" of such responsibilities given (meta)physical form and forced upon someone else - or releasing one from the burdens of their own responsibilities so they can better fulfill their missions.

I don't think Rouga's Hierro aura is a Fundamental ability, however. As it is, for it to take ANY shape or move in ANY way, Rouga must exert his will upon it. If nothing else, it strikes as a Lesser ability, because it uses his Reiatsu in contained form to manipulate his Hierro, but the aura itself is not a property of his Reiatsu.

I understand that control abilities are... complicated. Note that there are relatively mundane ways to avoid it though - averting one's gaze or covering one's ears for the simplest. And nothing in the ability says it can't be instantly rejected - great willpower is both a heroic AND a villainous trademark after all. Ultimately it is up to the player whose character is a target of this ability to be affected or not.

For those familiar with Rurouni Kenshin, think of Kurogaza's Shin no Ippou. Same basic principle, except with orders attached.

@Strawberry: I don't mind it much, since it CAN be avoided, and possibly resisted for a fairly long period of time. Then again, I'm biased since I don't see any of my characters pissing Talon off in the foreseeable future anyway.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

His Hierro feels plenty Fundamental to me, being that it is an aura that the user uses through their reiatsu. Exerting reiatsu to use any Fundamental is a requirement (as far as I understood it was not just something that was always active, therefore it requires reiatsu to use it). I think most with a Fundamental Necromancia must exert their will on it to alter it in any way, that's kind of how it works, isn't it?

I wasn't asking "why does this make flavor sense" I was asking "why and how does he get this ability if he already has a Fundamental ability?" If you're saying that his Hierro is a Lesser ability, how did he get it without having a Fundamental? It was heavily implied in explanations of Necromancia to me that this is impossible.

How instantaneous is it? Does it have some kind of travel time through the air that allows response? The targets won't be able to move quickly and dodge the Geas, so how exactly are they going to quickly move their hands up to block their ears or quickly turn their head? Also, blocking your ears is actually a really terrible way to prevent yourself from hearing things. In any case, as written it feels more powerful than Horrific, which is to say too powerful.

Can you clarify what exactly "considerable Reiatsu" is? Because as I understand it Rouga has an enormous amount of Reiatsu, so much so that "considerable Reiatsu" may not be enough to make him even start breathing heavily.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

@HirokatsuGoto: You are aware that Daisuke just sent a Hell Butterfly to the 10th division captain, who is currently your character, right? Because I'd like to get this subplot resolved.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Consider it revisionism. For all intents and purposes, his power to use his Hierro as a weapon was never actually intended to be Necromancia (as you'll likely recall there WAS no such thing as Necromancia back when I created Rouga). And if you stop to think about it it actually has little to no connection with his Aspect of Death, either. (Then again, I suppose there is no reason why he couldn't have two fundamental abilities. It's not like his current aura will develop differently anyway.)

As for "how instantaneous" it is... there's probably an onset of one or two seconds between his meeting the conditions for using his power and the power actually activating.

As for how considerable is considerable...

Hmmm. I didn't really want to put this into numbers... Think about this. With the kind of energy he spends, he could probably fire two or three Ceros. Considering the force of his Ceros, that's quite a lot of energy. Which is to say, Rouga can use this more than a few times a day, but it's not so cheap as to be spammable.

...Y'know, I feel like some HunterXHunter style power creation rules could fit nicely here. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

... What? I am not saying anything new. It was how I dealt with Satoshi last game.

Here I was sure you would comment on my line about Von Geister hunting Hayashis just to maul their souls into animalistic thingies for no better reason than to prevent their reincarnation out of spite.
    I... must have missed that. o.o

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine