New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I... must have missed that. o.o
    Second post by me of this very page.

Edit: Second post by me of the last page.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-11 at 08:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Consider it revisionism. For all intents and purposes, his power to use his Hierro as a weapon was never actually intended to be Necromancia (as you'll likely recall there WAS no such thing as Necromancia back when I created Rouga). And if you stop to think about it it actually has little to no connection with his Aspect of Death, either. (Then again, I suppose there is no reason why he couldn't have two fundamental abilities. It's not like his current aura will develop differently anyway.)

As for "how instantaneous" it is... there's probably an onset of one or two seconds between his meeting the conditions for using his power and the power actually activating.

As for how considerable is considerable...

Hmmm. I didn't really want to put this into numbers... Think about this. With the kind of energy he spends, he could probably fire two or three Ceros. Considering the force of his Ceros, that's quite a lot of energy. Which is to say, Rouga can use this more than a few times a day, but it's not so cheap as to be spammable.

...Y'know, I feel like some HunterXHunter style power creation rules could fit nicely here. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Wait, but I was under the impression that Ceros kind of are spammable. I don't think that's exactly the kind of comparison you want it to have. What kind of condition would be be in if he used it from full power? Because it has to hamper him at least somewhat if it succeeds, otherwise it's just too powerful. There's nothing preventing him from just auto-winning every fight against someone who shouldn't be able to resist it (which, from what I understand, are a pretty large number of characters) currently. Geasing people is an incredibly powerful ability, so it has to have equal costs. The cost of 3 Ceros is not an equal cost in my opinion.

Also, if his ability to use Hierro isn't Necromancia, why does he have a Necromancia ability that explicitly allows him to just use his Hierro better? I don't think it can work both ways. And I don't think anyone should have multiple Fundamental Necromancia. Pick one, and ignore the others in my opinion.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-11 at 08:28 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Again: when I created Rouga, Necromancia DID NOT EXIST. And, again, I feel his Hierro Aura power fits better as a Lesser than as a Fundamental form of Necromancia.

As for why he has it: um, every Arrancar has or had one ability or another apart from Cero/Bala/Sonido/etc. that other Arrancar plain does not have (Serazel has his illusions, Genoveva has her auras, and up until before Necromancia came up, Geister's Living Blight was also this).

I think you're also overestimating quite a bit what that power can do. As I said, it is ultimately up to the player of the victim if he/she wants the power to work, work at diminished capacity etc., or AT ALL. That's fine by me. The best possible use (long term orders) is unreliable at BEST and impossible to work at worst. Just how many people do you figure Rouga could autowin against?

And I was always under the impression that Cero isn't spammable. Or at least that it was a bad idea to do so. (Sure, Starrk has a freaking Cero machinegun, but we're trying to keep power levels low here.) You will likely notice that throughout his career Rouga has fired what... two, maybe three Ceros so far? Bala I can understand being spammable, as they're meant to be faster attacks, but Ceros are kinda big guns (Gran Rey Ceros even moreso).

The bad thing is, as far as Bleach is concerned, it's hard to find a comparison for something non-spammable of appropriate power. The closest thing I can think of is 90-something level Hadou but that's just TOO HIGH.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

I feel the majority of those have fallen somewhat under the Necromancia banner. In any event, I feel like Rouga shouldn't have Necromancia boosting his Hierro because he already does that with his Hierro aura and I feel that they should either be mostly separate things or exactly the same thing (and that his aura is tightly wound into Necromancia rather than being some other separate thing). It doesn't really make sense to me otherwise.

The fact that he has not one, but two Necromancia spells that absolutely destroy people is kind of unnerving. His Fundamental is quite powerful, and it makes anyone whose abilities are focused on speed immediately lose that advantage entirely. The Geas ability allows him to destroy characters by just negating their abilities, or actually just killing them. For a small portion of reiatsu.

The problem with controlling abilities is that they're always either entirely useless or ridiculously powerful. I'd rather avoid the ridiculously powerful part all together. He has enough "commanding" power in the Fear Gaze and the Aura of Weight. I think a Geas effect is overdoing it.

Also, if it doesn't work on most of the people, why bother even having it? It's not going to do anything.

Edit: Can Rouga just keep trying to Geas someone if it doesn't work, or are they immune for a certain amount of time if Rouga has already tried to Geas them?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-11 at 09:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I feel the majority of those have fallen somewhat under the Necromancia banner. In any event, I feel like Rouga shouldn't have Necromancia boosting his Hierro because he already does that with his Hierro aura and I feel that they should either be mostly separate things or exactly the same thing (and that his aura is tightly wound into Necromancia rather than being some other separate thing). It doesn't really make sense to me otherwise.

The fact that he has not one, but two Necromancia spells that absolutely destroy people is kind of unnerving. His Fundamental is quite powerful, and it makes anyone whose abilities are focused on speed immediately lose that advantage entirely. The Geas ability allows him to destroy characters by just negating their abilities, or actually just killing them. For a small portion of reiatsu.

The problem with controlling abilities is that they're always either entirely useless or ridiculously powerful. I'd rather avoid the ridiculously powerful part all together. He has enough "commanding" power in the Fear Gaze and the Aura of Weight. I think a Geas effect is overdoing it.

Also, if it doesn't work on most of the people, why bother even having it? It's not going to do anything.
    Why not have the ability have a negative effect if you don't do it, rather than having it force you to do it? Maybe it could slowly drain reiatsu and leave you feeling weak or have a paranoia inducing effect like whispers just barely heard or have it compulsive, so that you can deny the "control" even if it works?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

I think the idea of it is that it's a "command." Rouga's abilities are supposed to be leadership-themed. There could be some kind of downside based on that, but I'm not sure what it would be.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-11 at 08:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

i saw that...though since all the stuff i just posted was Day 21...i wasnt sure how to post it...

I can just throw it in at the endin an edit to my last post as Taro (before anything on Day 21 happens), especially if it doesnt need any of my or any other 10th Division members attention. What is the gist of what is needed? Is this a plot that needs active participation by the 10th or will NPC's do fine? I mean the butterfly seems to indicate minimal involvement, but if there is going to be good RP possibilities maybe Nick might be interested in RP in it.

I dont plan to stay on Day 21 for long, just a talk with Goro and a talk with Kazuma. But that doesnt mean i cant add that little Day 22 thing in early.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    @HirokatsuGoto: You are aware that Daisuke just sent a Hell Butterfly to the 10th division captain, who is currently your character, right? Because I'd like to get this subplot resolved.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

The hunt for Daisuke begins.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Edit: Can Rouga just keep trying to Geas someone if it doesn't work, or are they immune for a certain amount of time if Rouga has already tried to Geas them?
    I was thinking about adding such a handicap (so that he can't use the same command twice, and/or that subsequent uses make resisting easier), though in the case of most ludicrous orders (think "kill yourself" or "goal kick the puppy") the effect is already lessened anyway. But you know, Riccaru's suggestion is actually pretty good. Just because it's a command doesn't mean you can't try to disobey it, though there should be a consequence for doing so. Something gradual and/or with effects varying according to the strength of the victim would be ideal (but Reiryoku drain wouldn't be a good idea since the victim needs to use Reiryoku to dissipate the effect anyway, which would make it harder to resist, so it wouldn't be a handicap to the power at all).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

What if it was based on fear? Like, he gives them a command, and the longer they fail to enact it, the more and more fearful or guilty or something they feel, until they either enact it or push back the effects through force of will.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

His Fundamental is quite powerful, and it makes anyone whose abilities are focused on speed immediately lose that advantage entirely.
    He said it can be resisted by expending energy so characters who are as powerful as him or around his level of power could resist it for a while before running out of energy meaning it wouldn't make "anyone"/everyone immediately entirely lose their speed advantage.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-11 at 09:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    He said it can be resisted by expending energy so characters who are as powerful as him or around his level of power could resist it for a while before running out of energy meaning it wouldn't make "anyone"/everyone immediately entirely lose their speed advantage.
    Indeed. It tires them out faster so they can't play invincible tag for hours on end.

EDIT: Though a minor correction, they don't have to be as powerful as him. Anyone can theoretically resist that effect, some will just burn out faster than others.

Also, Hirokatsu... at 1PM of Day 21 Kazuma wasn't even at Seireitei, so he couldn't have received that butterfly. At 1 PM of Day 22 he MIGHT be available, if he happened to be discharged early on that day. In any case, there are still a couple of events to go before he can go talk to Taro.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-11 at 10:02 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: Though a minor correction, they don't have to be as powerful as him. Anyone can theoretically resist that effect, some will just burn out faster than others.
    Yeah, I was thinking of further clarifying, but saying that "upper-seated officers might find it difficult to so much as stand on its higher 'settings'" made me feel there wasn't much point in doing so. I meant to say at the very least.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-11 at 10:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough.

When I say "upper-seated" I meant people in the single digit seats, Vice-Captain excluded.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    On Cuerva's, only a few of her abilities seem linked to her aspect of death, honestly. You can explain your reasoning, even if the scope of abilities is wider than first explained. But I don't feel some of the shadow-based abilities really fit in (and, as KD said, it sort of steps on Vicente's toes).

Also, as KD mentioned, the horrific starvation technique seems awfully low-cost for Cuerva for what it can do.
    I realized it too on hindsight, there was a lot more focus on her shadowy reiatsu theme than necessary. I am pending a rewrite. Stay tuned :D

What if it was based on fear? Like, he gives them a command, and the longer they fail to enact it, the more and more fearful or guilty or something they feel, until they either enact it or push back the effects through force of will.
    I have some preliminary plans for Rouga's Necromancia. Its going to consist on equal parts leadership in the good way (marshals, generals) and the bad way (thugs, bullies)

Here's a very rough draft of his Fundamental.

Marching in Step

Few skills require as much discipline as leadership. And often enough lives were equally saved as well as lost through the rigors of leadership. Sometimes the leader pulls off a miracle, sometimes the toss of the dice on the fields of way yields a terrible defeat. But the essence of Leadership falls squarely on the leader and all must march in step to his beat, else the whole point of leadership is lost.

As an embodiment of the finest and worst of this Aspect of Death, Rouga's reiatsu takes on a quality that has a specialty in affecting density. The instinctive ability to project protective auras as well as regeneration of impossible speeds rely on the manipulation of density, be it spiritual bodies or spiritual particles in the environment.

This Fundamental manifests as a field effect as big as Rouga can project his shield aura, and can be resisted or have a limited effect on spiritual beings of at least Vice Captain-level. This field plays by Rouga's rules, which any being that could not resist this effect cannot move faster than Rouga, be tougher than Rouga or as powerful as Rouga unless he wills it so.

In a sense, any beings who cannot resist this fundamental ability will find themselves rooted onto the ground if Rouga chooses to stand still, and can only move a step if he moves a step as well. The oppression of density in this field belongs solely to Rouga's discipline and hence leadership. And naturally when Rouga releases more levels of power, this Fundamental will strengthen itself along as the Fundamental marches in step with Rouga metaphorically as well.

@kuroimaken

Basically, I've assumed a density-theme for Rouga's reiatsu which to me makes sense given his defensive and regenerative nature. And how you can lead by example, or bully others into keeping step with you, and that fits his personality as well. Gravity doesn't fit, density seems a better term and form.

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    i saw that...though since all the stuff i just posted was Day 21...i wasnt sure how to post it...

I can just throw it in at the endin an edit to my last post as Taro (before anything on Day 21 happens), especially if it doesnt need any of my or any other 10th Division members attention. What is the gist of what is needed? Is this a plot that needs active participation by the 10th or will NPC's do fine? I mean the butterfly seems to indicate minimal involvement, but if there is going to be good RP possibilities maybe Nick might be interested in RP in it.

I dont plan to stay on Day 21 for long, just a talk with Goro and a talk with Kazuma. But that doesnt mean i cant add that little Day 22 thing in early.

:)
    All it takes is a Hell Butterfly from Taro to Aya and it shall be so.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-09-11 at 11:26 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Necromancia: Path of Retribution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Embodying fiendish vengeance, Talon's necromancia focuses mostly on retribution for attacks that harm her.

Fundamental: Sanguine Spectre
    Less an aura and more an augmentation of her hierro, Talon's fundamental increases her strength and hierro as she is wounded. As this happens, she is covered with shimmering, translucent scales.

Lesser:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claws of the Nosferatu: Talon's hands are coated with blood-red claws that store blood from foes she strikes, healing her own wounds when attacking with them. This healing is slow, however; it takes many strikes to completely regenerate a significant wound.
    Ghoul's Bloodlust: Talon creates a small vortex (reaching around 5-6 feet) that emanates from her hand, absorbing the health of those she catches in it.
    Mind's Vengeance: While under a mind-affecting ability (which includes illusions, subtle mind-control, etc), Talon may subconsciously direct the effect at her foe as well. It doesn't remove her effect, but it makes the foe controlling the ability see or feel the exact same illusions, or feel demoralizing or fear effects, where appropriate. Obviously direct mind control cannot be countered, as they would just cancel each other out.
    Sanguine Cross: Used in retribution to an attack, Talon counters with a bloody cross-slash of reiatsu that deals the same amount of damage that an enemy dealt to her; not immediately, however. They bleed continually until they have suffered the same wound.
    Wheel of Carnage: Used in retribution to an attack, Talon uses her blood to create a spinning saw that damages anything in front of her. Given it is fueled by blood, the greater she is wounded by an attack, the greater the area and attack power.

Greater:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deranged Vengeance: For a short period of time, Talon is covered in blood-red scales that increase her durability and strength. However, the transformation loosens her reasoning ability and makes her less able to manipulate her reiatsu, greatly debilitating her cero and other necromancia spells while also setting her into a berserk rage. Her strength increases by double, making her comparable to many brute-strength foes.
    Furious Smite: In retribution to an attack, Talon bursts outward with a cylindrical blast of energy. The attack power and surface area increases with damage to herself.
    Mirrored Hatred: Immediately before being struck by a cero, hado, or destructive necromancia effect, Talon may counter with a burst of reiatsu that reflects it back at her foe. This leaves her fairly exhausted for a short period afterward.
    Sanguinous Twister: Essentially an upgraded version of Ghoul's Bloodlust, Talon creates a wide vortex (stretching 20 feet) that pulls in and saps the health of those caught in the area.

Horrific:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Curse of Linked Death: If Talon dies after imbuing her foe with this curse, which is really just a concentrated dose of her reiatsu, the person is inflicted with a spiritual disease that slowly but surely saps their health until they share Talon's fate. Sufficient will and vigilance can overcome the obstacle the disease presents, but a single moment of weakness can spell doom. The reiatsu disperses from the targeted person after an hour, and Talon may only affect one person with this curse.

Mind's Vengeance and Mirrored Hatred are new. Otherwise, is this ready for addition to her sheet?
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-11 at 11:44 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel the majority of those have fallen somewhat under the Necromancia banner.
    I hope you aren't referring to Genoveva. She's, literally, incapable of Necromancia.

I am... slightly confused.

Callos, would you mind pointing out exactly WHICH part(s) of the ability make you concerned?
    Most of it is the wording you initially used which you've since cleared up some. It still worries me that the 'slow' aura seems so powerful, though that seems to be based on iffy wording from how you've explained it actually works, and there's no indication of it's range which is also important.

In other words, I'm willing to see it in practice before offering up any more criticism on it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

As some may have guessed by asking for the translation of a zanpakuto name, I've made another character. It's the only other one aside from Genoveva that I intend to play at this time

Nobu Aki
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 131 pounds
    Reiatsu: Teal
    Division: 4th Division, Vice-Captain candidate

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Aki is notable only in the fact that she doesn't look how many expect a shinigami of the 4th Division to appear. Her shinigami robes are cut tighter then normal, so there's less loose cloth to get in the way of her movements while the sleeves have been done away with entirely. A red scarf is wrapped about her throat to hang down over her back. She could be called pretty, after a fashion, but she seems much more like a tom-boy then anything else and it shows in how she carries herself.

Aki always seems to be bubbling over with anxious energy, bouncing from one foot to the other if left in one place for too long, usually holding her zanpakuto rather then hanging it on her belt. Honestly, she looks more like one of the 'ninja' from the 2nd Division rather then a medic, and Aki wouldn't have it any other way!

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aki is a rough-n-tumble shinigami that seems like she'd be far more at ease in the middle of a fight then she would in any kind of operating room, though this couldn't be further from the truth. At heart, Aki cares a great deal for the people around her and just isn't suited for a life or death struggle, even against hollows. Because of this, she was assigned to the 4th Division, despite her protests, and the rest is history! There Aki learned to quiet herself through the monotonous yet necessary work of the division's day to day duties and has a vibrant bed-side manner that does wonders for encouraging her patients to never give up. Aki is also well known for having a very strong superstitious streak, knowing very many quaint customs that run the gamut from keeping away evil water spirits, to using sticks to try and divine the future. Most don't take this personality quirk, or Aki herself, that seriously since she's never shown any kind of intiative and was only promoted because to not do so would be to ignore her obvious skills. However, it's only recently that she showed any kind of ambition to make herself into an officer, having pushed to get herself promoted in the wake of a new captain taking charge of 4th Division.

Some say she has an infatuation with Captain Akira with snide glances, though the truth is more complicated. That truth being that Aki has a hard case of hero worship for the older shinigami and sees Akira as her own personal hero. The scarf she wears was only recently adopted as a concession to Akira's own tendency to disdain the shinigami uniform when in the 4th Division. Why she looks up to Captain Akira is a mystery, but the fun-loving and curious Aki never ceases to turn fawning when in the presence of her hero. To the shinigami of 4th, she's made great pains to invest a sense of pride in them for what they do, to varying degrees of success, and generally acts like a big sister to those she is put in charge of.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aki's zanpakuto is an oddity among others, having a weird aestic to it that puts many off. It's unreleased form is that of a tanto that Aki typically carries or stuffs down a pant leg that's sheathed in cherry wood. It's only once it releases that it gets...odd.

Shikai: Stitch them back together, Kuraingu Figyuarin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    When released, Kuraingu Figyarin becomes one of the more powerful healing zanpakuto, capable of healing life-threatening injuries at little risk to Aki or her patient. Even though she only knows the shikai, it's been of invaluable help whenever Aki has needed to treat a patient on the verge of death. When released, the tanto transforms itself into a large no-dachi that is longer then Aki is tall and more then sharp enough to split a hair up the middle. What's unusual is that a number of featureless stuffed toys are attached to the blade by red string.

To activate Kuraingu Figyarin's ability, Aki must first spread some of her own blood along the blade, usually by opening a cut in her palm though if she's wounded any blood could do. After she does, the blade turns crimson for a single strike of the blade. Anyone struck by the red blade in it's first swipe after it's turned crimson finds themselves unharmed by the attack, even as their features are super-imposed unto one of the dolls that Aki carries, including any injuries they might have. From then on, until Aki goes over her limit of potential patients (5?), reseals, or loses her grip on her sword, Aki has established a resonance with the person she struck. Whatever repairs she makes to the doll, from cuts and broken bones to loss of blood/stuffing and damaged organs are fixed within the doll's mirror image as well. If Aki's quick enough, she could even sew back on a limb though that's far more difficult. It's for this reason that she carries a small army's worth of sewing supplies with her, to maximize the amount of healing she can do.

Offensively, her shikai is practically useless. When not in it's 'bloodied' state, the blade is as dangerous as any other zanpakuto but that's not all it can do. An enemy struck by the crimson blade find Aki in possession of their doll as well, though she's rarely inclined to repair them. By painting a variety of colors upon the doll, she can make it's counter-part feel ill or sick depending on the paint used or even put it by a fire to make the victim feel hot and uneasy. Unfortunately this sympathetic feed doesn't allow for Aki to inflict actual harm on the doll without taking serious measures. This means she couldn't stab a doll and expect the enemy to die, they'd merely feel the pain of the stab and likely look for the one responsible while Aki would lose the connection to the enemy which means she'd have to rely on her zanjutsu for defense. That said, if a doll is destroyed then it's counterpart will cease to feel the sensations the doll feels, without any more harm being inflicted on the target. Typically Aki likes to take a weird doll and crush it, to demoralize the enemy, but it's not too dangerous for the victim. Mostly Aki uses her shikai to treat patients and hamper the enemy while staying well clear of danger.

Inner World: Kuraingu Figyuarin's inner world resembles an antiques and oddities store, that hasn't been used in years, with a thick layer of dust cast over everything.

Zanpakuto Spirit:

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kido: Aki is adept at bakudo and healing kido, second only to the captain herself. While she is capable of some powerful hado, Aki is reluctant to use it since she insists upon using the chants. If she's going to attack, she's of the opinion it should be the best she can do.

Hoho: Above-average. Aki is capable of quick bursts of impressive speed (to get to allies in need or away from an enemy) but tires out quickly. If she's going somewhere, it's by normal running, which she is good at.

Zanjutsu:Against all odds, Aki is a proficient swordswoman and knows all the ins and outs of her zanpakuto's abilities. Most are surprised that she hasn't been able to manifest her sword's spirit yet, when the truth is that she has no desire to. That said, either with the tanto or the no-dachi her zanpakuto turns into, she's more then adept at wielding the blade in self-defense.

Hakuda: Basic.

Offense: Average, for a vice captain. While she has laudable swordmanship and an impressive grasp of powerful hado, she has a deep-seated reluctance to cause harm that keeps her from doing her best outside of kido.

Defense: Average, for a vice-captain. She's adept at using bakudo spells to protect herself and to give herself time to run away, but her physical defenses are almost non-existent and she'd prefer to simply not get in a fight in the first place. Aki's strength is her exceedingly good healing abilities, not anything combat related.

Possible connections:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Other shinigami
    • Other 4th Division members
    • Mortals

Tropes:
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-09-12 at 11:38 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Holy! This will be FUN!

Now guys I have question for you guys, because I'm kinda confused here.

We know that Arrancar have an Aspect of Death. What about non-Arrancar hollows, Vizards, Whatever-Hollow Hybrids?
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-09-12 at 06:43 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understand the decision to increase hollow powers. But it does not concern my characters too.

Sorry, it is a few suggestions for Kuroimaken and Callos.

Right, so I've been thinking of a few ideas for Rouga's Necromancia.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rouga's Necromancia: Hitotsujin Guntai Jidouryoku Yuutsu (Melancholic Leadership of One Man's Army)
    単独の軍隊の指導の憂鬱
    Tandoku no Guntai no Jidou no Yuuutsu

Saitaegatai Meirei/Supreme Irresistible Order:
    抑え難い命令
    Osaegatai Meirei

Tomerarenai Ikishi/Unstoppable Living Death:
    止められない生死
    Tomerarenai Shouji

The meaning of this is "Samsara" (輪廻).
    Why was it chosen?

Gensou Koroshi/Illusion Killer:
    幻想殺し
    Gensougoroshi

To steal power name of Kamijou is deplorable.

Fumu Niramu/Fear of Oblivion's Glare:
    無意識の睨み
    Muishiki no Nirami

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    As some may have guessed by asking for the translation of a zanpakuto name, I've made another character. It's the only other one aside from Genoveva that I intend to play at this time
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakuto:

Shikai: Stitch them back together, Kuraingu Figyarin!
    クライング・フィギュアリン
    Kuraingu Figyuarin

Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

She's hawt. Who's the artist?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    I realized it too on hindsight, there was a lot more focus on her shadowy reiatsu theme than necessary. I am pending a rewrite. Stay tuned :D

I have some preliminary plans for Rouga's Necromancia. Its going to consist on equal parts leadership in the good way (marshals, generals) and the bad way (thugs, bullies)

Here's a very rough draft of his Fundamental.

Marching in Step

Few skills require as much discipline as leadership. And often enough lives were equally saved as well as lost through the rigors of leadership. Sometimes the leader pulls off a miracle, sometimes the toss of the dice on the fields of way yields a terrible defeat. But the essence of Leadership falls squarely on the leader and all must march in step to his beat, else the whole point of leadership is lost.

As an embodiment of the finest and worst of this Aspect of Death, Rouga's reiatsu takes on a quality that has a specialty in affecting density. The instinctive ability to project protective auras as well as regeneration of impossible speeds rely on the manipulation of density, be it spiritual bodies or spiritual particles in the environment.

This Fundamental manifests as a field effect as big as Rouga can project his shield aura, and can be resisted or have a limited effect on spiritual beings of at least Vice Captain-level. This field plays by Rouga's rules, which any being that could not resist this effect cannot move faster than Rouga, be tougher than Rouga or as powerful as Rouga unless he wills it so.

In a sense, any beings who cannot resist this fundamental ability will find themselves rooted onto the ground if Rouga chooses to stand still, and can only move a step if he moves a step as well. The oppression of density in this field belongs solely to Rouga's discipline and hence leadership. And naturally when Rouga releases more levels of power, this Fundamental will strengthen itself along as the Fundamental marches in step with Rouga metaphorically as well.

@kuroimaken

Basically, I've assumed a density-theme for Rouga's reiatsu which to me makes sense given his defensive and regenerative nature. And how you can lead by example, or bully others into keeping step with you, and that fits his personality as well. Gravity doesn't fit, density seems a better term and form.

All it takes is a Hell Butterfly from Taro to Aya and it shall be so.
    Hmmm... I like the way you phrased it, but doesn't that seem, well, more powerful than the ability I'd originally thought up?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

oops...ok...well when could Taro have received notice of the events in the Zaraki district? he would ask for Kazuma as soon as possible probably... just tell me what works for you and i will make the appropriate changes

Indeed. It tires them out faster so they can't play invincible tag for hours on end.

Also, Hirokatsu... at 1PM of Day 21 Kazuma wasn't even at Seireitei, so he couldn't have received that butterfly. At 1 PM of Day 22 he MIGHT be available, if he happened to be discharged early on that day. In any case, there are still a couple of events to go before he can go talk to Taro.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

He would have probably gone into 4th by around... 2, maybe 3 PM. Hirokatsu would likely have gotten word about this roughly half an hour later or so, considering they can't keep a guy chained up in the hospital forever, but Kazuma would be reporting FROM THE 4TH. It's a lot more likely for Taro to come to Kazuma instead of the other way around.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmmm... I like the way you phrased it, but doesn't that seem, well, more powerful than the ability I'd originally thought up?
    Drop the resistance minimum requirement from VCs to seated officers. Then it would be perfect for mook-killing while leaving it weak enough to challenge seated officers.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

If you stop to think about it it's also a great ability to aid in Training from Hell.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

I will make the changes soon...and i will have Taro show up at the 4th on the 22nd around 330. Can you let me know when you are available for that RP...as you said there are other things you need to do before then

He would have probably gone into 4th by around... 2, maybe 3 PM. TARO would likely have gotten word about this roughly half an hour later or so, considering they can't keep a guy chained up in the hospital forever, but Kazuma would be reporting FROM THE 4TH. It's a lot more likely for Taro to come to Kazuma instead of the other way around.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

We know that Arrancar have an Aspect of Death. What about non-Arrancar hollows, Vizards, Whatever-Hollow Hybrids?
    Normal Hollows would have an Aspect of Death, determined by how they died - that's where Arrancars inherit theirs from. This might affect their powers and form, but since weak Hollows can't learn Necromancia, it's not too influential.

As for Vizards (the traditional kind, Shinigami-slash-Hollow), it'd make sense to have one too - afterall, they're dead. In which case it'd be whatever aspect they would've had as Hollows. (Read: whatever killed them.) For the record, I've played Hannibal for a long time with the idea that he does, indeed, have one. Since it doesn't affect its powers, it's not very influential. See if you can guess it, though.

For other Hollow hybrids, it'd depend on whether they've actually died. Sora, for example, did die, if only momentarily - so, he might have one. Others, who knows? If they've somehow inherited their powers from an existing Hollow, they might share an aspect with it.

For everyone but high-tier Arrancars, it's more of a character theme or personality thing than a matter of powers, though.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy! This will be FUN!

Now guys I have question for you guys, because I'm kinda confused here.

Wow you can tell I was half-asleep when I was making that. Going back to finish it/tidy it up.

Frozen and I are at least working under the assumption that vizards have an aspect of death (Hannibal's being one Genoveva can take) and Frozen's write-up of the hollow life-cycle suggests that menos at least have aspects and suggests regular hollows do as well.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-09-12 at 11:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    I will make the changes soon...and i will have Taro show up at the 4th on the 22nd around 330. Can you let me know when you are available for that RP...as you said there are other things you need to do before then
    It's mostly a timeline thing. Theoretically, you could play Taro as coming over at the time you mentioned, we'll just imply the necessary events came up earlier.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show