New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Zevox, I too was distracted by Clancy Brown's voice. He was one badass Luthor in his day.

I liked the Robin episode, although it could have been a bit more Robin-centric. He seems to be taking over as the new Young Justice team leader. Aqualad wasn't even present or mentioned this time around. I love Robin, but it does feel like they are writing Aqualad out of the show.

All in all, a good ep. The Parasite made for a creepy villain, much more creepy than his STAS counterpart.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Well, given that

Spoiler
    Show
    Lagoon Boy

is intended to join the team next year, edging out Aqualad, slowly, makes sense from an out-of-universe perspective.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Well, given that

Spoiler
    Show
    Lagoon Boy

is intended to join the team next year, edging out Aqualad, slowly, makes sense from an out-of-universe perspective.
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Did they just have no ideas left for character growth? Were they always planning to write him off the show? He seemed to have such a prominent place at the beginning of the season and now it is so different. They never really fleshed out his character though beyond "oh angst about being a leader" so maybe that is the problem.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Did they just have no ideas left for character growth? Were they always planning to write him off the show? He seemed to have such a prominent place at the beginning of the season and now it is so different. They never really fleshed out his character though beyond "oh angst about being a leader" so maybe that is the problem.
    I wonder if it has to do with the comics. This version of Aqualad was brought into the comics in Brightest Day, but from what my friend who reads basically all of DC's comics has told me he hasn't appeared since the big reboot last year. If the character has been dropped by the comics, maybe DC told the show writers to de-emphasize him, so as not advertise a character that doesn't exist in the comics.

Then again, this Aqualad was created for the show first and imported to the comics second, so maybe not. I really would like to know why we've seen so little of him and Zatanna lately though. I was expecting Zatanna in particular to get an episode or two after joining the team, either as a focus character or at least an important secondary one (kinda like Roy has been for the past two episodes), but no, she's only had a couple of very short scenes where she barely spoke.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

I'd agree the show isn't quite handling its full range of characters all that well, I blame running out of season at the moment.

Obviously at somepoint we'll have a sub-arc about Aqualad and Black Manta but I can see at least here why it wouldn't want to start that right now, and with him firmly in confident leader mode its doesn't leave much.

I'm less favorable to new additions getting no focus though. Zatanna is being played as having lost her father which is always serious drama, but is essentially non-existant. WTF?

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Frankly, the impression I get is that they were chugging along producing the episode arcs, then all of sudden went "Wait, what do you mean we only have two episodes left in the season?!"

Because some of the absences and plotting make sense if you were looking at a longer arc then they wound up getting. (i.e. having more episodes meaning you'd have more time to focus on others then get back to Zatanna's issues and such.)

Spoiler
    Show
    And the last two episodes, although quite good, do come off as a bit...rushed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Oh definitely ran out of airtime but even with that I'd say Zatanna still got jipped because her episode needed to be immediately following her entry given the extremely linear nature of the show.

Which ehh oh well its not the worst in the world perhaps I think a lot of this we'd feel better on if there hadn't been the entirely artificial break for the rest of DC Nation to be made. Then stuff like Aqualad's own episodes and Zatanna would be fresher in out mind.

Nothing to do but hope Season 2 rounds it out. I understand we won't have to wait as long for it though right?

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Latest episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liked seeing Zatanna get a role in the big fights. Finally she gets to do something, even it's just action. Actually, I liked the action scenes in general in this one. Aqualad still didn't get much though.

What's up with the new girl? No introduction, not even her name that I recall, and she did basically nothing - just took out one mook that I can recall.

Not sure about that twist at the end. How does Roy as the mole work, given he wasn't even on the team until the last couple of episodes? And how were they controlling him?

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Latest episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liked seeing Zatanna get a role in the big fights. Finally she gets to do something, even it's just action. Actually, I liked the action scenes in general in this one. Aqualad still didn't get much though.

What's up with the new girl? No introduction, not even her name that I recall, and she did basically nothing - just took out one mook that I can recall.

Not sure about that twist at the end. How does Roy as the mole work, given he wasn't even on the team until the last couple of episodes? And how were they controlling him?

Zevox
    Latest episode answers, then next episode spoilers of ruinous ruin in super spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Most questions to be answered next episode, and by the Portaguese spoilers. The new girl is Rocket, Icon's sidekick. They really could do a better job introducing Icon/DC is always going to be awkward with using Dakotaverse characters. Besides their appearence in the Plant Attack and Rocket helping some kid in the World Without Grownups, they barely get seen, and only get named in the League new members talk.
    Next episode spoilers pertaining to Roy below, so yeah. Feel free to hide away if you want to wait a week to find out inshow instead of this stupid teenager explaining it. *points to self*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our Red Arrow is a Cadmus clone, Speedy was kidnapped "soon after" starting to work with Green Arrow (around 3 years ago) and cloned with (what I assume is) a less advanced version of Superboy's Red Sun thing. Red has one in Broken Arrow, maybe more, and I felt cheated when they revealed that the first episode focusing on Roy made us have a forced perspective and a timeskip. But Miss Martian removes all traces of them in Superboy and Red, so chances are they cant mole at all. Speedy, however, is still in Cadmus, very close to where cwazee compact Emoboy of the carved S shield is, as the Light cart away "useful" Cadmus projects and defeat/maybe kill Guardian. But Speedy...he's missing an arm... and looks young. Red Arrow goes through some "I am clone, what is my identity?!? Searching soon, but will likely stay with Red Arrow and be a team associate.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-04-14 at 01:09 PM. Reason: I KEEP SEEING TYPOS. AND NOW I NEED TO CLARIFY MY /ACTIONS
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice episode. But with things going so well for the team, I knew something had to go horribly wrong...

I liked Robin's callback to Batman's "I knew". Speaking of Batman, how long until he throws off the mind control by switching to a backup personality?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-04-14 at 02:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's the catch that people missed (including me): Sportsmaster never said that there was a mole on the team, just that he had an inside source. Roy - and everyone else - jumped to the conclusion that there was a mole on the team.

"Just as planned..."

And Kpenguin:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-04-14 at 03:44 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Amazing ep. Tons of payoff and catharsis for a whole season's worth of buildup. I thought it was the best episode yet. And Aqualad is back!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

well..that was impressive the way they managed to handle the league

and i like the preview they showed..LOBO!!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

So, last episode of the season.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Felt pretty darn rushed. So much time was needed for explaining everything that it felt like hardly anything actually happened.

It was particularly jarring with all of the teased possible relationships suddenly coming about at the end there. If nothing else I'd have expected a bit more for the more developed one between Kid Flash and Artemis, like we got for Superboy and Miss Martian.

Still, not bad for having to fit all that into a single episode, but they really could've used a couple more for this climax.

Zevox

15. - Top - End - #495
    Banned

I enjoyed Batman beating the crap out of Robin!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

So, last episode of the season.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Felt pretty darn rushed. So much time was needed for explaining everything that it felt like hardly anything actually happened.

It was particularly jarring with all of the teased possible relationships suddenly coming about at the end there. If nothing else I'd have expected a bit more for the more developed one between Kid Flash and Artemis, like we got for Superboy and Miss Martian.

Still, not bad for having to fit all that into a single episode, but they really could've used a couple more for this climax.

Zevox
    Like I said before - I got the impresson that during production they got down to about two episodes to go thinking they still had five or six, then had a Mass Oh Crap moment and scrambled.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Not as good as the previous ep, but still enjoyable. Looks like we'll be seeing more from the Light next season.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking, "that's a damned annoying" cliff hanger to leave the season on...

But wiki (and wiki's source) seems to indicate it's running right into season 2 next week.

Guess all those delays had some effect...!

Though I agree with Zevox, it seemed a bit rushed at the end there...

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    But wiki (and wiki's source) seems to indicate it's running right into season 2 next week.
    Yes, which means this thread won't die over some long interim!

FYI, the show in its second season is called Young Justice: Invasion.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    LOBO!!
    ^Why is he the only other one here to be excited about the return of Lobo, the main man? I'm being very... curious as to what alien race is invading. And why Lobo is there. And who the aliens are.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #501
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, running off the fumes of my totally correct prediction as to the identity of the mole, here's my guess as to what The Light's Phase Two is:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, my theory is based on three things
    • Next season is going to be about a coalition of alien races invading Earth, with the first indicator being the arrival of the bounty hunter Lobo
    • The Light's end goal is to force accelerated evolution and development in humanity .
    • The Light sent six members of the League.... somewhere. With what it looks like was Boom Tube, so likely somewhere off world.

I believe that the Light used those six League members for sixteen hours to have them hop around the galaxy attacking alien inhabited planets of different alien civilizations. Their end goal? To incite an alien invasion in the hopes that the stress of fending off the invasion causes human advancement to accelerate and for Earth to "take its place among the cosmos"

This explains why the Light wants the League alive. They don't want the aliens to win, because the aliens actually winning and destroying/subjugating Earth would be bad. So, they keep the League alive, but under their control, to defend Earth and repel invaders.

It also means that the appearance of the Main Man in next season's premiere will likely to bring in at least one Justice Leaguer, dead or alive, to answer for crimes committed while under mind control. Not that he'll say that, precisely.

Of course, with Apokolips involved, you gotta account for Darkseid. The Lord of Apokolips probably has his own angle on things, but I'm not sure what.

And if this really is the Light's plan, then they're playing with fire. Its a very audacious and, well, risky scheme. One with very high stakes for their world.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

22. - Top - End - #502
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Light still has a bunch of Starrotech, probably. If things go out of control they could always try slapping it on whoever is causing them problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Light still has a bunch of Starrotech, probably. If things go out of control they could always try slapping it on whoever is causing them problems.
    I thought that cure that was developed granted immunity on top of restoring them to their rightful selves. Or are you suggesting they starro the aliens?

Lets not forget Apokalypse has been getting set up through season 1 to cause trouble at some point...
    Last edited by ThePhantasm; 2012-04-23 at 06:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    I thought that cure that was developed granted immunity on top of restoring them to their rightful selves. Or are you suggesting they starro the aliens?
    That is precisely what I'm suggesting. I wonder if Darkseid is susceptible to starrotech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    That is precisely what I'm suggesting. I wonder if Darkseid is susceptible to starrotech?
    Considering that even Starro would **** his green and purple pants if Darkseid came after him, yeah. But getting a spore ON him would be... very berry hard. Lasers and levitation. Practically Batman Beyond Starro'd Superman, but without the Starro. Also, DARKSEID. Parademons could take a spore or two as he blasts his Omega beams around.

Edit: Lobo-lobo-lobo-lobo! THE MAIN MAN IS BACK BABY!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-04-27 at 11:00 PM. Reason: No new post to post there so I dont feel like I take up all the conv. :P
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

So Season 2 is minutes away, Lobo is about to appear by the premise. As the preview promise us several new members I wonder if they are all going to be dumped on us.

I'm particularly looking forward to Blue Beetle. Best DC character in decades and totally deserves his own show.

Also for those that might not catch it, there's a Gordon Godfrey news reporter. Totally calling, Apokolips is behind everything.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

that Teen Titanic short was awesome
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Yay new episode was awesome. Teen Titanic short was BRILLIANT. xD Ending was sweet.
    Spoiler tiiiiime.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 year timeskip, good way to leapfrog into more established and modern story-frames and not young Greyson. Lagoon Boy is too Atlantean, all his "Neptune this" and "Neptune's Naval!"were weird and too coarse-Aqualad. Lobo was awesome, and 'krazee fem' (sp. needed?) was a fun line. Supergirl was sufficiently... Supergirl, Drake was d'aww, and Beetle was AWESOMENESS. Adam Strange was nice too see, I always liked that guy, but Rann being the 16-hour spot is weird. And Godfrey was perfectly... Godfrey. You'd think there'd be less Earthling only though. And I thought everyone thought Icon was Big Banged? Was Godfrey saying all the Bang Babies are aliens?
    /end smiley overload
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-04-28 at 10:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Considering that even Starro would **** his green and purple pants if Darkseid came after him, yeah. But getting a spore ON him would be... very berry hard. Lasers and levitation. Practically Batman Beyond Starro'd Superman, but without the Starro. Also, DARKSEID. Parademons could take a spore or two as he blasts his Omega beams around.

Edit: Lobo-lobo-lobo-lobo! THE MAIN MAN IS BACK BABY!

Darkseid with a Starro would just end with Darkseid controlling all of the starro thralls

All is One in Darkseid!

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder what happened with Aqualad.