New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Banned

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    So apparently the show returns on March 3rd, with the new episode "Misplaced":
    Oh good. I thought maybe new episodes had started and I missed out on them.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

So its in March then. And the episode is a wonderful kid special episode. Looks like there will be a sad lack of Wondergirl-Batboy stuff, but Captain Marvel revealing secret identity to the team would be really cool.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Hurm. This episode sounds like an adaption of, or at least inspired by, A World Without Grownups, the comic that was part of the foundation for the Young Justice comics team.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurm. This episode sounds like an adaption of, or at least inspired by, A World Without Grownups, the comic that was part of the foundation for the Young Justice comics team.
    I hadn't noticed that. Interesting. When I first read the synopsis I thought it seemed a bit too similar to the episode where the whole Justice League got "destroyed" and only Young Justice was left. But I forgot about World Without Grownups...
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

I hadn't noticed that. Interesting. When I first read the synopsis I thought it seemed a bit too similar to the episode where the whole Justice League got "destroyed" and only Young Justice was left. But I forgot about World Without Grownups...
    It was all a dream physic training simulation so they can tell us Miss Martian has telekenetic powers and Manhunter does not. Least favorite episode by many miles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    It was all a dream physic training simulation so they can tell us Miss Martian has telekenetic powers and Manhunter does not. Least favorite episode by many miles.
    1.)It's telepathic powers, not telekinetic powers. Telepathy is mind-reading, mind-speaking, and the like. Telekinesis is moving physical objects with your mind.
    2.)Martian Manhunter didn't say he didn't have telepathic powers, he said hers were as strong or stronger already, and would keep getting stronger. Which...how is that bad? So she's more gifted in some ways than her "uncle" (99% sure she's a White Martian). That's not inherently bad, especially with the fairly broad range of powers Martians tend to have.
    3.)The episode has effects that last for at least another episode, and it forced several characters to confront things they weren't entirely comfortable with.
    4.)It showed how they acted under truly desperate circumstances.
    5.)While not the best episode, it was still a strong offering. The weakest was probably the "Halloween-themed" one.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

...er...we're not talking about the past training-simulation episode.
    We're talking about the upcoming "all adults are gone" episode.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    1.)It's telepathic powers, not telekinetic powers. Telepathy is mind-reading, mind-speaking, and the like. Telekinesis is moving physical objects with your mind.
    2.)Martian Manhunter didn't say he didn't have telepathic powers, he said hers were as strong or stronger already, and would keep getting stronger. Which...how is that bad? So she's more gifted in some ways than her "uncle" (99% sure she's a White Martian). That's not inherently bad, especially with the fairly broad range of powers Martians tend to have.
    3.)The episode has effects that last for at least another episode, and it forced several characters to confront things they weren't entirely comfortable with.
    4.)It showed how they acted under truly desperate circumstances.
    5.)While not the best episode, it was still a strong offering. The weakest was probably the "Halloween-themed" one.
    I liked the Halloween one. Harm does not understand first person! Harm SMASH!

Though I said telekinetic, i totally meant tele-everything, but mostly kinetic. Manhunter isn't throwing around mooks with mind powers, she is. So she has more magic brain power, less superstrength. We need that whole episode to tell us that? The episode after it with the New Genesis Sphere is nice, and the team's responses are tellingly awesome. But that episode dragged on too long, had too many stupid scenes, and Eiling was NICE to Superboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    ...er...we're not talking about the past training-simulation episode.
    We're talking about the upcoming "all adults are gone" episode.
    It was a poorly worded "Oh god I hate that episode" response to ThePhantasm's post, which mentioned it.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-02-18 at 07:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I liked the Halloween one. Harm does not understand first person! Harm SMASH!
    Meh.

Though I said telekinetic, i totally meant tele-everything, but mostly kinetic. Manhunter isn't throwing around mooks with mind powers, she is. So she has more magic brain power, less superstrength. We need that whole episode to tell us that? The episode after it with the New Genesis Sphere is nice, and the team's responses are tellingly awesome. But that episode dragged on too long, had too many stupid scenes, and Eiling was NICE to Superboy.
    Dude, Manhunter himself said "telepathic". Have we seen a precise side-by-side comparison of any of their other powers to their fullest extent? No?
    Then maybe we should take his dialogue at face value, instead of flipping out about how the characters are RUINED FOREVER or some such.

And yeah, we sorta did need to be explicitly told that. 10 to 1 that this fact will be important later on; this show seems to keep good continuity with itself.

And why is Eiling being polite in this situation so bad?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Meh.

Dude, Manhunter himself said "telepathic". Have we seen a precise side-by-side comparison of any of their other powers to their fullest extent? No?
    Then maybe we should take his dialogue at face value, instead of flipping out about how the characters are RUINED FOREVER or some such.

And yeah, we sorta did need to be explicitly told that. 10 to 1 that this fact will be important later on; this show seems to keep good continuity with itself.

And why is Eiling being polite in this situation so bad?
    I always just assume that if your able to be telepathic and telekinetic, those are going to be similar in scope, rather than one being incredible and one being weak. Not to mention she regularly just throws up the mental walkie talkie thing. And I'm not saying the characters are ruined forever, I'm saying the episode is terrible and makes me cry.

And Eiling is supposed to groan and be mad and blame Superman or something, I don't know. Hulk out and get disintegrated?
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, I didn't care for the episode. I was glad though that the emotional aftershocks of that dream weren't just brushed aside, but stayed with all the characters. That in some sense made the episode worthwhile.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

The series is getting its own XBOX / PS3 game:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=87284

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

The series is getting its own XBOX / PS3 game:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=87284
    Color me skeptical. My little experience with them puts TV licensed games right down there with movie licensed games in terms of quality. They just seem like cash-ins on the show's popularity with no substance behind them.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Looks good. Writers, multiplayer... nice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Looks like YJ will be returning March 3, along with the Green Lantern series.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #346

Eeeyup.

So apparently the show returns on March 3rd, with the new episode "Misplaced":
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-02-26 at 03:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

And I'm just now realizing looking at my calendar, that's a Saturday. What's with the schedule change?

Sheesh, checking Cartoon Network's schedule, it and Green Lantern are morning shows now too. I'm not even always awake when they're on. Though it does look like Green Lantern will be showing the pilot episodes again for the first two weeks, so I won't have to worry about missing those.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #348

Well, CN looks like its moving YJ to be part of its DC Nation block... and bringing back a return of Saturday morning cartoons.

I am all for the return of Saturday morning cartoons. Waking up early on a Saturday to catch my favorite shows, bowl of cereal in hand, is a cherished childhood memory and an experience I wish on children to come.

That they also get supercool shows like YJ and GL:TAS is something I'm glad they're getting.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, CN looks like its moving YJ to be part of its DC Nation block... and bringing back a return of Saturday morning cartoons.

I am all for the return of Saturday morning cartoons. Waking up early on a Saturday to catch my favorite shows, bowl of cereal in hand, is a cherished childhood memory and an experience I wish on children to come.

That they also get supercool shows like YJ and GL:TAS is something I'm glad they're getting.
    Yeah, I like this move too. I think it is a great decision. I know it will make it easier for my younger siblings to watch it which will be great.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

*Squeeeeeeeee* tomorrow is the new episode! Gotta wake up earlier than noon though, that's gonna reek havoc on my weekend schedule.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok this was my first time seeing Zatana in an episode and it was incredibly wierd having her as a teen. I mean she's the same age as Batman... If we want to really get into it all the ages are a bit out there.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

In a different universe, all things are possible.

And looking at upcoming episodes, this caught my eye in the description for Episode 22, "Agendas":

Superboy returns to Project Cadmus, where he learns the top-secret genetics lab may have created another Super-clone.
    Supergirl?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't Superboy have a Bizarro equivalent?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Didn't Superboy have a Bizarro equivalent?
    Match. Although, he wasn't originally very Bizzaro-y. Anyways, I liked today's episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Zatara.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was quite good. Creative way to do a "world without adults" story, and creative solution with Captain Marvel. Also very nice to see Zatanna joining the team fully, I look forward to seeing more of her.

Honestly though, I'm no longer entirely sure why Doctor Fate is being as obstinate as he is. With Kid Flash and Aqualad it made sense, as neither of them would want to serve as a long-term host for him, and Kid Flash in particular would make a poor host, but Zatanna or Zatarra are another story. Surely he doesn't need to be in control of his host all of the time - if he'd just discuss the matter with them, I'd wager he could get them to agree to bring him out whenever he's needed, as long as he'd allow them their own life in between such instances.

Zevox

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    Match. Although, he wasn't originally very Bizzaro-y.
    There is, also, a genuine Bizzaro Superboy. Although Match would be the most likely candidate given his history in the comics, yes.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-03-03 at 03:52 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #357
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Ok this was my first time seeing Zatana in an episode and it was incredibly wierd having her as a teen. I mean she's the same age as Batman... If we want to really get into it all the ages are a bit out there.
    How old IS Batman, anyway? I always pictured him in his early 30s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Also shouldn't The Light be actually pissed off at Klarion. Ok sure they got their secret gadget whatsit.

But UM... Doctor Fate is back Full time.

DOCTOR FATE aka one of the singly most powerful beings in the entire DCU and comics period

DOCTOR FATE who can take on Darkseid solo who can hold his own against an enraged Specter

Doctor Fate cutting loose is more dangerous to them than the entire JLA combined. And now he's back full time not just little snippets with a host They should be wetting their pants in fear.

and yeah Batman's in his say mid 30s Zatanna is at her youngest around 28 29

29. - Top - End - #359
    Colossus in the Playground

Whatever it was they accomplished must've been worth it. Which is kind of scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Whatever it was they accomplished must've been worth it. Which is kind of scary.
    I would buy that if they mentioned. Such as someone just saying, " and once our plans come to fruition even the emergence of Doctor Fate will not prove able to stop us.

It's not like the show's ever downplayed him like they did in Justice League Unlimited. The helmet's been repeatedly shown as being a hidden trump card only to be even mentioned in the most dire of situations. And now its a trump card that has had the reins removed.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2012-03-03 at 08:35 PM.