New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Did they include a clip from a song or something in this episode?
    There was a song being played on a TV, but it was original.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers) A dc short and something i missed

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    new episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, for those who don't recognize him; the young boy in this episode, Garfield Logan, is better known as Beast Boy... Methinks there's a chance that Megan's blood transfusion might have an interesting side effect in the future
    Missed that bit!!!

There's a Bonus for waking up early enough to catch green lantern
    The DC short this week is Lauren Faust's super best friends!
    Guess who's voicing batgirl?
    I already want to see it made into a full series ^^
    Definitely!!!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

I would really be tempted to make queen-related puns with Queen Bee's name. Beectoria? Beelizabeth? It works so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I would really be tempted to make queen-related puns with Queen Bee's name. Beectoria? Beelizabeth? It works so well.
    Beeana Troi?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #425

Was not an actual queen.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Was not an actual queen.
    Wellll....Her mother was daughter of the Fifth House of Betazed, the Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, and Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

One could say that, one way or another, she's a mother to her people?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

I enjoyed this episode. Probably one of my favorites so far. Everything worked very well. Really looking forward to where they go with this...
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Beeana Troi?
    I was going for Beenezia, possibly because I've been playing too much Mass Effect...

new episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    We get to know more about megan. Anyone who knew enough about her from the comics won't be surprised about her white martian nature, though I am a bit surprised that they went with such a monstrous design; though it does add greatly to the effect... We find out how deeply she hates her true appearance and how deep her fears go... and the dangers it may lead to in the future

Also, for those who don't recognize him; the young boy in this episode, Garfield Logan, is better known as Beast Boy... Methinks there's a chance that Megan's blood transfusion might have an interesting side effect in the future
    New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was quite clever, the way they segued "hello Megan" into something less tedious (how early did the plan that, one wonders?)

Interesting take on Beast Boy - it neatly explains the colour and the shape-shifting...

But ye gods, I know it's in character, but I can't help but facepalm at the "oh noes, I am teh ugly munsterz" cliche again; that's just so tediously overdone, even when done approachingly well as here.

Also, I was wondering why she was letting Simon smack her around, with the whole "more powerful then Martain Manhunter" thing going on.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-03-20 at 08:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Well kinda doesn't explain the color there given that the green is just a disguise anyways. But there I go attempting to put logic into superpowers just a bit too much.

Also if I recall correctly M'gann is potentially stronger. Obviously she still has a ways to go on actual control and putting that to good use.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well kinda doesn't explain the color there given that the green is just a disguise anyways. But there I go attempting to put logic into superpowers just a bit too much.
    She shapeshifts on the molecular level, so maybe the disguise is just that thorough.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

On the new episode that isn't out yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another Cadmus episode, with a new Superboy clone that HAS LASER VISION! (Yay for ads. ) I'm looking foward to see boss-genomorph guy do more awesome things. Like help Miss Martian.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kyle and John's reaction to Flash suggesting Guy Gardner join the JL was hilarious.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kyle and John's reaction to Flash suggesting Guy Gardner join the JL was hilarious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes, that was absolutely perfect. Possibly the best part of the entire episode for me. (Though it's Hal, not Kyle. Kyle Rayner is the only human GL who hasn't shown up in the series at this point.)

Anyway, I liked this one in general, though there is one thing that bugs me. Superboy having been partially constructed with human DNA to facilitate his cloning as an explanation for his lessened powers? Okay, I can go with that. Those patches "suppressing his human DNA" to give him full Superman powers? Uh, no. DNA does not work that way.

I liked the League debate though. Bringing up the questions of Captain Marvel and Doctor Fate's memberships, as well as exactly how age can fit as a membership criteria when you have so many odd cases among superheroes, good stuff. I kinda wish they'd given us some hint of what they decided at the end there though. Something is going to come of this, obviously, so they must have admitted someone new or kicked someone out (and I'd bet against the "kicked someone out" option), but it would be nice to have something to go on for speculation purposes.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes, that was absolutely perfect. Possibly the best part of the entire episode for me. (Though it's Hal, not Kyle. Kyle Rayner is the only human GL who hasn't shown up in the series at this point.)

Anyway, I liked this one in general, though there is one thing that bugs me. Superboy having been partially constructed with human DNA to facilitate his cloning as an explanation for his lessened powers? Okay, I can go with that. Those patches "suppressing his human DNA" to give him full Superman powers? Uh, no. DNA does not work that way.

I liked the League debate though. Bringing up the questions of Captain Marvel and Doctor Fate's memberships, as well as exactly how age can fit as a membership criteria when you have so many odd cases among superheroes, good stuff. I kinda wish they'd given us some hint of what they decided at the end there though. Something is going to come of this, obviously, so they must have admitted someone new or kicked someone out (and I'd bet against the "kicked someone out" option), but it would be nice to have something to go on for speculation purposes.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, my bad. Looked more like Kyle than Hal to me.

As for the vote: it's been leaked that Icon, at least, joins the League. Not sure about any others.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #435

I'll wager that
    Spoiler
    Show

Fate stays, Marvel stays, none of the Young Justice team are given full membership and neither is Speedy.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

My bet is

Spoiler
    Show
    Aqualad gets 'bumped up' to the JL.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

I'll wager that
    Spoiler
    Show

Fate stays, Marvel stays, none of the Young Justice team are given full membership and neither is Speedy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But then what was the importance of this meeting? Unless they plan to make an all-new character important to the plot in the last few episodes of the season (remember that this was episode 22, and the season ends at 26), one of those things has to happen in order for this meeting to mean anything.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    But then what was the importance of this meeting? Unless they plan to make an all-new character important to the plot in the last few episodes of the season (remember that this was episode 22, and the season ends at 26), one of those things has to happen in order for this meeting to mean anything.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well for one thing it has been good for getting a look in on the league's characters; so it kind of worked well as a sort of character study

More importantly, who is added onto the team could have an effect on the show more than who's kicked off. For instance Icon... From what we've seen in promos and commercials, there seems like there is gonna be an episode in which Rocket joins the young Justice team. Essentially because she is Icon's side kick, Icon joining with the league could lead to the reason why she gets to join the teens on their team.

Also i don't think you should limit your scope to just this one seasons... this is a series that prides itself on on going story... as such it would not be hard to imagine that they would do certain things in the first seasons as a set up for Season 2.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-03-24 at 10:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

my guesses:

Spoiler
    Show

1. what has been unofficial becomes official: The team becomes full members of the league; yet will remain a primarily "undercover" team. However, the team will have a rather substantial membership boost/become multiple teams. All sidekicks get officially rolled into a JLA sponsored training regime.

2. The team is not granted JLA status, but is also released from JLA control. The team will do what ever it wants; maybe continue collaborating with the JLA, but doesn't have to. Essentially they become the new Teen Titans.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2012-03-24 at 10:50 PM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    My favorite little part of this episode was probably when Wonder Woman was asking Marvel why he didn't tell them he was actually nine and Batman responds with "I knew." I laughed way too much at that. I also liked that "Red Son" is Superboy's deactivation phrase, although it does seem to foreshadow the scene from the Titans comics where Luthor used the same kind of post-hypnotic suggestion to make Superboy kick the crap out of the Titans.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone get the feeling this episode had a rough draft as literally the League sitting around talking. Only somewhere in the production process someone made the call that "No! You can't have the League just sitting in a room doing nothing but talk" so they grafted on Superboy's story to break up the episode.

Or alternately it was going to be a Clip Show with a framing device that got rewritten to original content.

Whatever went down I feel like they tried to pull a 2-for-1 episode here. It worked okay, but I'm having a hard time thinking of an episode of anything with so little thematic connection yet presenting two equally important stories.

Also...
    Spoiler
    Show
    So "Match" is apparently the Emoboy Prime of this continuity. Well enough, I hope and pray he never speaks a word.

Also the show just confirming something I already knew, not bad. I'm glad they didn't try to make Lex and Conner's relationship some huge drama explosion. Because that melodrama levels were apparently quite ridiculous in the comics. I'm debating whether Luthor is crude enough to make "the shields" addictive, or mind controlling or something but this seems like the show where he's going for more through levels of corruption.

And I predict that while something Team related might come from the League's vote it ultimately Status Quo will reign over the heavens and it will simply be fodder for an episode's drama. Otherwise some League expansion to characters we won't see much of.

Also the Watchtower is weird. There's some comment about godly hubris in that design, mark my words.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-03-25 at 12:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Banned

Obviously they are going to explore the social issues that follow havng two dads, who are seperated. Guess which one is the woman.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This episode was nice. Too bad about genomorph city, but Guardian distrusts Cadmus enough to cover it up.(Ya know, hopefully.) Azkaban in Space The Watchtower looks... spookily awesome, Batman was hilarious in the League chat as always. And then there was "Guy Garde-NO". And Hawkgirl/woman had a line! And a funny one! Successes have been had.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Obviously they are going to explore the social issues that follow havng two dads, who are seperated. Guess which one is the woman.
    Well I wasn't going to go there but to answer your question while in the comics I might answer differently... here Luthor is clearly the woman.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone get the feeling this episode had a rough draft as literally the League sitting around talking. Only somewhere in the production process someone made the call that "No! You can't have the League just sitting in a room doing nothing but talk" so they grafted on Superboy's story to break up the episode.

Or alternately it was going to be a Clip Show with a framing device that got rewritten to original content.

Whatever went down I feel like they tried to pull a 2-for-1 episode here. It worked okay, but I'm having a hard time thinking of an episode of anything with so little thematic connection yet presenting two equally important stories.
    I highly doubt it... namely because this show is called Young Justice and not Justice League. When it comes down to it, the members of the young justice team are the leading main characters and thus get primary focus; the rest of the league are more like supporting characters. As such, they would not make an entire episode that focused on the league, much less one where they just sit around talking.

I think Avatar might have done something similar... like how Aang and his group were doing one thing, but we would constantly cut to Zuko doing his own thing; and what each of them were doing didn't really necessarily have much in common.

Spoiler
    Show
    So "Match" is apparently the Emoboy Prime of this continuity. Well enough, I hope and pray he never speaks a word.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you are refering to superboy Prime; then no... Match seems to be based off of the character by the same name from the comics, who was a clone and has no relation to Superboy prime...
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-03-25 at 01:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If you are refering to superboy Prime; then no... Match seems to be based off of the character by the same name from the comics, who was a clone and has no relation to Superboy prime...
    Composite Character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scarring the S-shield into the chest and the full-Kryptonian power gap invoke someone else.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Composite Character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scarring the S-shield into the chest and the full-Kryptonian power gap invoke someone else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually the Reverse S shield was part of Match's appearance aswell. also superboy prime was not even a clone. So the ONLY thing he has going for him for a connection to superboy Prime is the full kyprtonian power which is a weak connection, compared to the Match connections.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually the Reverse S shield was part of Match's appearance aswell. also superboy prime was not even a clone. So the ONLY thing he has going for him for a connection to superboy Prime is the full kyprtonian power which is a weak connection, compared to the Match connections.
    Scarred into the flesh though is unique and distinctive to Emoboy Prime however. Also who y'know killed Connor and is sadly (horribly) a much bigger name in the DCU. I'm not denying the connection just pointing out there more then one thing at work here.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

So, apparently, YJ's already finished its run in Portugal.

And some questions have been answered:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The new Justice Leaguers are:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Fate, Plastic Man, Atom, Icon, and Red Arrow, with Captian Marvel kept on, and Rocket joining the Young Justice team.

And the mole is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you sure you want to know this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Red Arrow.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Agenda was my favorite episode so far. Luthor is just badass. I hope we see more of him soon.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!