New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

It seems they're looking ahead to Season Two with a trailer and other info...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Blue Beetle, Lagoon Boy, Barbara Gordon, Beast Boy, and Mal Duncan will have significant roles in season two, it seems, with Lobo among the villians.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

'K, I just watched the last of the Portuguese episodes, and aside from the whining about failschedules that belongs here, HOLY MEEP.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like, the super secret superness is freaking me out. Future Secrets get double spoilered?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roy being a clone is freaking me out so much. The team ambushing the League and stuff was nice, though weird. Rocket's kiss (and Zatana's) seemed odd, with Rocket 's being the annoying "interracial anything is scaaaary" thing that happens and Zatana's being just "dorp I like you" "hehe, awkward word-without-prefix.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-03-28 at 07:05 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

So, finally got around to watching the latest episode:

Pretty good, on the whole, I thought. Some very nice moments, especially:

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kyle and John's reaction to Flash suggesting Guy Gardner join the JL was hilarious.
    Hells, yes.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Colossus in the Playground

So how many more episodes are in this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    So how many more episodes are in this season?
    Four, I think.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Spoilered spoilers of spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double secret stuff gets double spoilered so you don't accidentally click on one for stuff you haven't seen yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...and it appears that the real Speedy is going to become Arsenal in Season 2.

And in more Season Two goodness projections: it appears that it's possible that Despero will be appearing in Season Two, at least according to Keith David's Wikipedia page.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    And in more Season Two goodness projections: it appears that it's possible that Despero will be appearing in Season Two, at least according to Keith David's Wikipedia page.
    Well according to from what came out of Wondercon that would fit the theme. I'm sure Greg Weisman took one look at who previously voiced Despero and specifically wrote that in and insisted there could be no one else.

Also while the article was good here's some "footage" of the Q&A where that posted article was drawn from.

(Audio is fine, video is terrible, Lauren wasn't on screen and nopony asked her a decent question )

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

The newest ep was good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Red Arrow is the traitor? That wasn't confirmed in the ep at all.

Also, who the heck was that Spiderman rip-off guy at the beginning of the ep?
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    The newest ep was good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Red Arrow is the traitor? That wasn't confirmed in the ep at all.

Also, who the heck was that Spiderman rip-off guy at the beginning of the ep?
    Spoiler
    Show

Black Spider; He was also in the earlier episode when artemis joined the team and the team needed to protect the scientist from chesire. I originally wondered why he was not locked up in belle reve, but according to word of god, he escaped before he arrived at belle reve.

Also, the voice actor for Black Spider previously played Spiderman on the Spectacular Spiderman series
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-04-01 at 12:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently in the comics Black Spider aside from being obscure isn't quite a Spidey rip-off. Not Marvel and DC don't rip each other off because they've done that so much at this point its basically a tradition that the other company has some badly veiled equivalent floating around.

My fave in Mongul who's a rip of Thanos who's a rip of Darkseid.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Black Spider; He was also in the earlier episode when artemis joined the team and the team needed to protect the scientist from chesire. I originally wondered why he was not locked up in belle reve, but according to word of god, he escaped before he arrived at belle reve.

Also, the voice actor for Black Spider previously played Spiderman on the Spectacular Spiderman series
    Does that page give a full account of his powers and abilities? Because if so that seems at odds with what was in the ep. Marskman is one thing, webslinger is another. . .
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Weisman probably just wanted to make a reference his old show, like how in Spectacular Spider-Man Peter passed a couple of statues that looked like some of the gargoyles from, well, Gargoyles.

About the episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    When they snuck into Red's apartment and found the android I thought it would have been neat if Megan or Zatanna said something like "What is that, Red's son?" and accidently activate Connor's post hypnotic suggetions.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know about you but "Red's Son" is pretty different then "Red Sun" to my ears.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

And your ears aren't nearly as good as Kryptonian ears. I'd say that wouldn't trigger.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

I think the bigger problem is that last I checked Conner does go to high school, would be a weird thing to happen when say studying say astronomy would it not?

But some allowance for being a 'cool' rather then practical password can be made.

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I think the bigger problem is that last I checked Conner does go to high school, would be a weird thing to happen when say studying say astronomy would it not?

But some allowance for being a 'cool' rather then practical password can be made.
    Considering that they're called "red stars", I don't see it as coming up.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

17. - Top - End - #467

Alternatively, perhaps its not just the words, but who says it? I don't think Luthor would be above ensuring only he could deliver commands to Conner, perhaps even as a check on his fellow members of the Light.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Considering that they're called "red stars", I don't see it as coming up.
    Generally yes but as one who put on science programs for filler I do hear it on occaison.

And really any two common word combination has a distressing chance of being said next to say "It was you who broke my meissen plate" for example. Though that one is a little long for a kill switch

Alternatively, perhaps its not just the words, but who says it? I don't think Luthor would be above ensuring only he could deliver commands to Conner, perhaps even as a check on his fellow members of the Light.
    Oh certainly possible...

Spoiler
    Show
    However in Brazillian Hyper Season End Spoilers...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Red Arrow has one too from Sportsmaster as "Broken Arrow" but programmed by Cadmus since he's a clone too. Now mind you Sportsmaster is a trusted minion but sole control of the critical mole... not buying it.

And multiple specific recognition... ehh I'm not quite buying that. Certainly its not made clear since both get said command wiped by Megan.

Still even then Conner is a separate case

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Red Arrow has one too from Sportsmaster as "Broken Arrow" but programmed by Cadmus since he's a clone too. Now mind you Sportsmaster is a trusted minion but sole control of the critical mole... not buying it.

And multiple specific recognition... ehh I'm not quite buying that. Certainly its not made clear since both get said command wiped by Megan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whee, more uber spoilers! *is enjoying himself with the secretivity*
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume it could be argued that Roy Red Arrow (I am SO only calling him Red Arrow now. Its such a fun name!) is a more primitive Cadmus clone, and the hypnotic suggestion subconscious stuff was not yet developed to the point where it could be pinpointed to just one person. Conner is a good couple of years younger than our beloved Red Arrow, and who knows what leaps and bounds that tech went through.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh certainly possible...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, I'd rather Red Arrow be a real traitor than a programmed clone. For a season of "who is the traitor?" build-up that's a bit disappointing.

On another note, have you guys noticed Aqualad has been getting less screentime and characterization lately? He started strong in the season but recently he has felt like more of an afterthought.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, I'd rather Red Arrow be a real traitor than a programmed clone. For a season of "who is the traitor?" build-up that's a bit disappointing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trust me, it works out a lot better than it sounds.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-04-03 at 05:19 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #472

Ack. All these spoilers I can't open... I hope the remaining episodes are worth the wait.

In any case, I've been discussing who the Mole is with a friend lately. With only a few episodes remaining, we're getting close to finding out who it is...

(Speculation)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The past few episodes have given us some indicators. Ms Martian and Artemis were both approached to be turned, which means they weren't turned previously and aren't the Mole. At least, they aren't the Mole who was mentioned by Sensei and Sportsmaster.

The safest answer, at this point, is Superboy. We know that Lex Luthor was able to shut him down with a couple of words and, as Conner himself asked, "What else can he make [him] do?". Batman brought up the possibility in a previous episode of Superboy being a sleeper of some sort.

Of course, Superboy is the obvious clone. However, we know from episode one that Cadmus had the ability to clone Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash, with the intent of them being plants and destroying the originals. At least, they thought they could do that. Which brings up an interesting thought: what if one of those three sidekicks, who are generally put above suspicion, are the Mole? Via cloning?

Superboy was able to destroy the machine before the cloning process could occur, however. While its possible their genetic material was scanned befoer Supey's intervention, the amount of time elapsed between the start of their process and Superboy shutting it down makes me think not. It is, however, possible for them to have tried again. And succeeded, off-screen.

The real problem I have with this is the timeframe. They would have had to have their genetic material obtained, or been captured, and then the weeks taken to clone them... I don't see them being able to disappear like that without the League noticing. At the very least, Robin is being watched by Batman. And, thinking about it, Superboy is probably under surveillance too... and the rest of the Team... they have a certain degree of independence, but I don't feel like they could contact leave the Cave to go contact the Light regularly without the League noticing.

So, who would be a good candidate for a clone sleeper? Roy. As a solo hero not formally a part of the League or the Team, and one who often works in the shadows, Red Arrow can disappear for long stretches of time without anyone's alerts being raised. Any time he's gone it can just be explained as "Roy being Roy". On the other hand, he's still very much connected to the League and the Team. We know that he has access to their zeta tube network, to their databases, and so forth. We even know that his mentor tells him things he shouldn't know, like the Watchtower. He's the perfect mixture of independence and connection to be a spy for the Light.

Of course, the obvious mole remains Superboy. So, I'd say that the safe answer, for now, is Conner and the interesting answer is Roy.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

My only response is:

BwhAHAHAHAHA!

24. - Top - End - #474

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

I will not tell you even what tone that laugh was delivered in, you will have to interpret that for yourself

I will offer you the tiniest non-revealing information that would not even be a spoiler in most scenarios but I will nonetheless double spoiler...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...seriously its nothing, its purely general information...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... we will find out in Episode 25 right before the Finale

Which you should guess from merely the released titles to the episodes.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Ohh, new episode. And no observationing! SHAMEFUL.:smalltongue
    Spoiler
    Show
    :No comment on Roy's "There is no mole. " ? Weird. When I saw that I was all "Why are you suddenly having a completely different view on what you've been insisting for the past 20 episodes?" Of course, the main attraction was the Robin. And Parasite being awesomeful, if a bit too similar to Sportsmaster style. Good episode, I think, though they suddenly being in a different continent was... sudden.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #477

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like there's going to be some kind of "drugs are bad m'kay" thing looming with the shields.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Superboy is starting to rely on those patches too much.

I mean, I know they make him awesome, but as he has a little supply (it isn't like Lex will make more for free), shouldn't he use them sparingly?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess that was a decent episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda having a hard time with the "make a device that makes black holes" thing though. That's a wee bit too dangerous and uncontrollable for anything short of a suicidal villain looking to destroy the planet itself.

Getting a bit frustrated with the characters that keep getting episodes though honestly. We haven't seen much of my favorites, Aqualad and Zatanna, in quite a bit now. Heck, Zatanna's barely had what, two scenes since joining the team, neither important to the episode they were in?

Also, was anyone else distracted by that government agent having the same voice as Lex Luthor? I kept thinking I should be suspicious of him every time he opened his mouth.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #480

Mmmmm. Robin episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not as Robin-y as I would have hoped, honestly. While the focus episodes on KF, Miss Martian, Superboy, and Artemis were very focused on those characters, and chock full of character moments, this episode was a lot more ensemble and, honestly, didn't focus on Robin all that much. Not that ensemble episodes are bad, but I feel like Robin and, to a greater extent Aqualad, get shafted in terms in focus. Which is a shame, because I like both.

The two sub-plots were of much greater importance here than Robin facing his past: Conner's use of the shield patches and Roy coming to trust the Team.

Roy said "There is no mole." While a valid theory for the Team, we know the Light actually does have a Mole. Roy saying that... either he is the Mole or he's going to be ganked by the mole. Either or.

Also, a thought occured to me as to my theory that a clone Roy is the mole.. Guardian is Roy's uncle. It's quite possible that, even before Independence Day, Roy took a visit to Cadmus to check in on his uncle, saw things he shouldn't have seen, and was then cloned... of course, Guardian would likely object, but with telepathic gnomes in place...

As a side note, I, like Zevox, was a little distracted by King Faraday's voice, but not in the same way. While I know who King Faraday is DC comics wise, all I could see/hear with the Young Justice version is the Specatacular Spider-Man version of Captain George Stacy. The very similar character designs, both voiced by Clancy Brown, both being cops, both being in Greg Weisman shows.. it was very difficult to not see Captain Stacy whenever King Faraday came on screen.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-04-08 at 02:54 PM.