New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

I liked the latest episode. It was great overall. Question though:

Spoiler
    Show
    The final four captured runaways... are they the Ultimen of Project Cadmus, aka the former superfriends misfits?
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Question though:

Spoiler
    Show
    The final four captured runaways... are they the Ultimen of Project Cadmus, aka the former superfriends misfits?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Considering Beetle's friend who got kidnapped had the surname 'Longshadow', I assume yes.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

I loved the lastest episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked how they developed the two stories and I liked how they connected them together in the end.

Jaime´s struggle with the armor is great contrast between their points of view especially when you try to protect soeone you despise. I laughed a little when the final reveal is made on the story.

So, we finally got our female centered episode. I was wondering how much time it was going to take them. Simon and the rest didnt stand a chance. The girls completely kicked butt.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Can anyone name the enemies encountered this episode. I know the ice guy, but who are the other two?

5. - Top - End - #635
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Devastation's name was mentioned often enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

According to the wiki, the villains along Psimon, devastation and Icicle jr were "Mammoth" and "Shimmer"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-05-27 at 04:16 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

And we saw Mammoth and Shimmer before in "Drop Zone" and "Usual Suspects".

Devastation is (as she mentions in the episode) a Wonder Woman villian.
    Spoiler
    Show
    According to Wiki, she was created by Cronus as the anti-Wonder Woman (Nega-WW?), in the same manner Diana was (formed from clay).

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #638
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Psimon
    OH WAIT I GET IT NOW!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

So the review on World's Finest pointed out something that I missed. It appears that in the time gap between season 1 and season 2, the country of Bialya (Queen Bee's country) absorbed the country of Qurac (that country the YJ team was trying to save in Season 1).

Compare this and this.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

interesting episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    anyone order a Roysicle?

and that Cyborg super short was pure awesome!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another new character? Really writers? The half dozen plus that you introduced at the start of the season weren't enough? Now we have to throw Bart Allen in as well?

So, yeah, that's frustrating. Can't say I really see what tossing the time travel angle in contributes either, other than opening the plothole of why the future wasn't fixed immediately when they're obviously going to win out eventually anyway.

At least we're getting progress on the Roy Harper plotline though. We'll see where that goes I suppose.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Bloodlines:

Spoiler
    Show
    Loved the ep. It was a lot of fun seeing the entire Flash family together on screen for what I think is the first time ever. This episode pushed the plot forward quite a bit as well, with Wally struggling with his lesser powers, Bart being introduced (and trying to prevent an apocalyptic future), and the real Roy Harper being discovered at last.

The fact that the future wasn't entirely altered means that Barry Allen may actually die this season, as he did in the comics. Killing off a superhero as big as the Flash would be a gutsy move for a kids program and I'm looking forward to see where they go with this.

It seemed like the Kroloteans were controlling Neutron, but we never saw the aliens from what I can recall, but only heard their voices. So was it them? Why not show them? What's the secret?

All around an enjoyable episode, with an interesting villain in the "moded" Neutron, fun action, great character interactions. So far this season has been a blast. Can't wait for more.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It seemed like the Kroloteans were controlling Neutron, but we never saw the aliens from what I can recall, but only heard their voices. So was it them? Why not show them? What's the secret?
    Spoiler
    Show
    They referred to him as "meat", something previously done by Sportsmaster's partner.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    They referred to him as "meat", something previously done by Sportsmaster's partner.
    Interesting, I didn't catch that. I think that only makes me more confused though... !

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's also worth mentioning that we do briefly see their silhouettes and their body shape is significantly different from Kroloteans.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Spoiler
    Show
    In addition, their language sounds a bit different than Krolo.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

17. - Top - End - #647
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, yeah, that's frustrating. Can't say I really see what tossing the time travel angle in contributes either, other than opening the plothole of why the future wasn't fixed immediately when they're obviously going to win out eventually anyway.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    The future hasn't been fixed because Impulse hasn't changed things enough. Saving Flash and joing the Team will play an important part, but something else in the present day also has to change before they can win. I'm no expert at who exactly can time travel in DC, but it will probably be Booster Gold or the Legion will appear later. Booster seems more likely considering we have Blue Beetle, but Booster Gold doesn't fit in a post-apocolyptic world without major changes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm certain it is supposed to be the Light's new partner. The kroloteans role in the plot is over after the Light nuked them, and everyhting about Neutron seems consistent with what had happened last episode and the start of this episode. Neutron was obviously an unwilling participant, so maybe he is one of the abducted runaways?

My theory?

Spoiler
    Show
    The partner is the Reach (this is very obvious, considering all the clues we have been given) and they, like the kroloteans, are on Earth because of the metagene. Maybe because Earth is the only planet with the gene, therefore the only planet that can develop superpowers (as opposed to other races, who only have their natural powers). THe Light are kidnapping people for the Reach to experiment on so that the metagene can be understood. The Reach want to use it for themselves, and I think the Light want it as part of their plan of 'evolving humanity' (if everyone has superpowers, there is no such thing as a superhero?)

Also, the fact that the Flash is somehow important makes me think that the season is going to end adapting Crisis of Infinite Earths (or at least stealing the death of Flash from that). In fact, considering Darkseid is also coming (Between Godfrey and the New Gods stuff that we have had, this is bound to happen), Darkseid might fill in the role of the Anti-Monitor as the big bad.

My only concerns with Darkseid as the finale is that Darkseid as big bad has already been down in JLU (though I think it could be done distinctly be Young Justice) and working out how to trump Darkseid as a villain in Season 3. Also, how would Darkseid fit into the whole metagene subplot?

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The future hasn't been fixed because Impulse hasn't changed things enough. Saving Flash and joing the Team will play an important part, but something else in the present day also has to change before they can win. I'm no expert at who exactly can time travel in DC, but it will probably be Booster Gold or the Legion will appear later. Booster seems more likely considering we have Blue Beetle, but Booster Gold doesn't fit in a post-apocolyptic world without major changes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, the issue is that time just does not work that way. From the perspective of someone still in the time that Bart left, everything he and anyone else does in the past to change it happens instantaneously, and all changes they cause should immediately take effect. For that matter, he shouldn't even remember that history ever went any other way, since it should retroactively change his own history.

...actually, never mind. That line of thought leads me to the inevitable conclusion that using time travel to intentionally change the past should always result in a paradox: by deliberately changing the past you remove your own motive for doing so from existence, thus you would never go back in time to make the change, thus it would not be made, etc in the usual paradox circular logic chain. Which means you pretty much need to handwave all logic when dealing with time-travel stories of this sort.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #649
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, the issue is that time just does not work that way. From the perspective of someone still in the time that Bart left, everything he and anyone else does in the past to change it happens instantaneously, and all changes they cause should immediately take effect. For that matter, he shouldn't even remember that history ever went any other way, since it should retroactively change his own history.

...actually, never mind. That line of thought leads me to the inevitable conclusion that using time travel to intentionally change the past should always result in a paradox: by deliberately changing the past you remove your own motive for doing so from existence, thus you would never go back in time to make the change, thus it would not be made, etc in the usual paradox circular logic chain. Which means you pretty much need to handwave all logic when dealing with time-travel stories of this sort.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    First rule of time travel: The rules of time travel work according to what fits the plot best. TIme Travel probably shouldn't work like that, but they need to make sure the time travel fits the plot. They had to both explain that time hadn't changed too much from Impulse's actions, and they had to make sure Neutron was aware that nothing had changed, so that whatever future time travel plans they have are resolved. However, there are explanations for why Neutron remembers. For example, Neutron might be immune to the changes in time travel because he observed it. Everyone else doesn't know that time has been changed, so they have their memories overwritten, However, the act of observation makes him immune. It isn't a perfect theory, as you have to ask what happens to the memory of the present day Neutron.

It would be interesting to see whether they have actual rules for time travel, or if they are basically saying 'whatever makes things easiest to understand works'. If they are using the second interpretation, I have no problem, as long as it creates a good story. Doctor Who has managed to create many different time travel stories, despite never having a consistent system of rules.

On the second paragraph, that is where the multiple timelines rule works. It doesn't explain Young Justice, but the multiple timeline basically states that whenever you time travel, you create a new time line where a new set of events occur. The time travellers remember the old timeline because they came from the old timeline, but now live in a new timeline that exists parallel to their old one.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    They could be trying to follow the old LOST rule of "no matter what you try to change in the past, the universe always course corrects itself." Bart changed a little thing but nothing major - the Flash will still die, the world will still fall into apocalypse. And now Bart has no way of knowing that he didn't complete his mission.

So the reason the universe didn't change instantly for Neutron is that, in order to further change the future, Future-Neutron is going to have to do something else to further effect the past. Like go back in time himself, or send a message, or send Booster Gold, or something.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    They could be trying to follow the old LOST rule of "no matter what you try to change in the past, the universe always course corrects itself." Bart changed a little thing but nothing major - the Flash will still die, the world will still fall into apocalypse. And now Bart has no way of knowing that he didn't complete his mission.

So the reason the universe didn't change instantly for Neutron is that, in order to further change the future, Future-Neutron is going to have to do something else to further effect the past. Like go back in time himself, or send a message, or send Booster Gold, or something.
    What a horrifying thought.
    There isn't even a Ted Kord in sight to give moral guidance!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    There is always the possibility that a certain speedster's arrival might be what set off the apocalypse in the first place you know!
    Please remember that given the backdrop Bart will be relying that everything he's been told is all that he needs to know how to prevent what's happened and it doesn't take much to insure he doesn't know everything he needs to know let alone that by altering even that event he may have set things in motion that insure what he knows is no longer whats going to happen...
    Yes my head hurts too!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-06-04 at 08:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is always the possibility that a certain speedster's arrival might be what set off the apocalypse in the first place you know!
    Please remember that given the backdrop Bart will be relying that everything he's been told is all that he needs to know how to prevent what's happened and it doesn't take much to insure he doesn't know everything he needs to know let alone that by altering even that event he may have set things in motion that insure what he knows is no longer whats going to happen...
    Yes my head hurts too!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That can't be right, because Impulse changed the future. Before Impulse went back in time, Neutron had his powers and needed a collar round his neck like the ones at Belle Reve to stop his powers. After Impulse went back in time, Neutron no longer needed the collar. THerefore, whatever caused the apocolypse is not caused by Impulse going back in time

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Another reason I thought those mysterious beings were Kroloteans: because what they did to Neutron fits their M.O.

In Green Lantern: No Fear, Hal Jordan encounters some Kroloteans that are described by his ring as follows:

Point of origin: Sector 2812. A race of capitalist scientists from the planet Krolot known for their obsession with the re-engineering of technological and biological resources from other cultures. Earth's relatively young age would suggest the terrestrial species' genetic structures to be extremely susceptible to typical Krolotean evolutionary experimentation.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Loved the ep. It was a lot of fun seeing the entire Flash family together on screen for what I think is the first time ever.
    (I think, Batman:The brave and the bold, "Requiem for a scarlet speedster" had at least three of the flashes in one episode (who did figure time travel if memory serves),but I don't remember if Impulse was in it, though.)

As for the guys between their screen, rewatching the episode, they point a very human like finger at some point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I'm wondering if the reach hasn't been redesigned for the show as just the scarabs living as some kind of parastic like lifeform, that would explain the 'meat' coments)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-06-05 at 02:58 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Another reason I thought those mysterious beings were Kroloteans: because what they did to Neutron fits their M.O.

In Green Lantern: No Fear, Hal Jordan encounters some Kroloteans that are described by his ring as follows:
    Yes, but that does not mean they are the only game in town... for instance the krolo's refer to another entity that they call "the competitors"... the fact that they refer to them as competitors would imply that they are in the same business as the Krolos. So both the krolos and the competitors are after the meta-gene

We also have to take the previous episode in account as the light was abducting people for their new Partner which is believed to be the krolo's competitor. And another detail we can add to that are that there are some references to previous DC series that may tells us what those abducties are for.
    Spoiler
    Show
    blue beetle's abducted friend just so happens to carry the name of LongShadow from the DCAU continuity who in turn was based on Apache chief from super friends (whome blue beetle's friend happens to bear a similarity too)... not hard to believe that a certain someone might get some size changing powers... in other words, the light's mysterious partner may be playing around with the meta-gene

Some people also think that one of the 4 abducties looks like Virgil Hawkins aka "Static"

And a reason why we might NOT think its the krolo's is that fact that they remained hidden... we've seen the krolo's enough that there is no point for the director to hide them from us. Also they did not sound lioke the krolo's... the krolo's have kind of screeching noise when they talk, when these guys sounded more like some kind of clicking.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-06-05 at 03:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

That makes sense.

I don't recall Darkseid ever being involved in meta-gene tech though, and I was thinking that the Light's mysterious new partner was somehow connected to Apocalypse. Hmm. Will be interesting to see who it is.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Colossus in the Playground

What about what's his face from episode 1, Lobo or whatever? Which aliens is he supposed to be associated with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

28. - Top - End - #658
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    What about what's his face from episode 1, Lobo or whatever? Which aliens is he supposed to be associated with?
    Whoever pays him, as far as I'm aware.

Personally I think it's
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Reach, the race that Blue Beetle's scarab comes from

29. - Top - End - #659
    Orc in the Playground

That makes sense.

I don't recall Darkseid ever being involved in meta-gene tech though, and I was thinking that the Light's mysterious new partner was somehow connected to Apocalypse. Hmm. Will be interesting to see who it is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darkseid will have something to do with the plot, I'm certain. Between all the appearances of the New Gods and the fact that Godfrey in comics continuity is an agent of Darkseid, I can't see why Darkseid won't appear. Though I have no idea why he would be looking into the metagene. Maybe the anti-life equation is hidden in DNA? Makes sense that it would be a part of DNA.

THough whatever the role of Darkseid and the rest of Apocalypse is, I am certain they are not the Competitor/the Light's new partner. Every hint suggests the Reach, and there is very little suggesting Darkseid (in fact, I would argue that the Light has been working against Darkseid by attacking Intergang)

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We don't know who employed Lobo yet, but they suggested that it was done by the Competitor to get rid of the kroloteans, and the Competitor is almost certainly the Reach.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

@Jarod:
    (there's not point in spoiling their name, really.
    The reach has already been sugested ont nhjsi thread as a likely candidate for the 'Competitor' and both episode 3 and 4 contains strong hints pointing in their directions)
    So yeah, 99% chances it's them.

As for Apocalypse, unlikely. They will likely play a major role in the season, but I do'nt think they're present yet. (at rleast not by themselves)

(in fact, I would argue that the Light has been working against Darkseid by attacking Intergang)
    I think it's very likely.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-06-05 at 04:14 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-