Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 1143
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SecondRevan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Which could have been told to us another way, and given the Girl Squad an episode to themselves later on with much better focus and less feeling like they were blue beetles back up story.
    As right as you are, it still doesn't make it filler. The girls deserved a better episode and they could have learnt about the Light's abductions another way (the same could be said about any plot point, though). However, it was done the way it was, and in doing so showed the Team uncovering an important part of the Light's plot.

    If I had to say if something was filler, I'd say that the Blue Beetle plot line would be a better example of filler, considering the girls learnt everything Blue Beetle did and more, except for the fact that Longshadow will likely be important later.
    Avatar by kpenguin

    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

  2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Well, they didn't learn that apparently they're snatching people literally off the streets...

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dragonus45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    As right as you are, it still doesn't make it filler. The girls deserved a better episode and they could have learnt about the Light's abductions another way (the same could be said about any plot point, though). However, it was done the way it was, and in doing so showed the Team uncovering an important part of the Light's plot.

    If I had to say if something was filler, I'd say that the Blue Beetle plot line would be a better example of filler, considering the girls learnt everything Blue Beetle did and more, except for the fact that Longshadow will likely be important later.
    For the purpose of the discussion I'm considering meaty character development less filler than unfulfilled character development. I suppose you could use the blue beetle half of the episode as the "filler" instead.
    Thanks to Ceika for my awesome half orc fighter up there.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

  4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The House Wins

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    And Arisia, pre-retcon.
    Okay, it's unrelated to the show but I have to ask,just, how many freaking green lantern does Earth have ?
    Aren't GLs supposed to be like space mounties, someting like one for a full sector of the galaxy, maybe one per major planet ? Earth has something like what, five, six ?)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-06-19 at 01:36 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

    Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

    -

  5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ThePhantasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Okay, it's unrelated to the show but I have to ask,just, how many freaking green lantern does Earth have ?
    Aren't GLs supposed to be like space mounties, someting like one for a full sector of the galaxy, maybe one per major planet ? Earth has something like what, five, six ?)
    The GL Corps has some good reasons to protect Earth with extra lanterns, given the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths and the Blackest Night.

    Though I think the standard assignment is two lanterns per sector, with some exceptions.
    Last edited by ThePhantasm; 2012-06-19 at 02:06 PM.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

    The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

  6. - Top - End - #786
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dragonus45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    The GL Corps has some good reasons to protect Earth with extra lanterns, given the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths and the Blackest Night.

    Though I think the standard assignment is two lanterns per sector, with some exceptions.
    Really we don't have much extra, Scot Allen doesn't count since he was just siphoning off extra energy straight from the battery. And at least one og our lanterns spends most of his time off world dealing with intergalactic stuff.
    Thanks to Ceika for my awesome half orc fighter up there.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

  7. - Top - End - #787
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SecondRevan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    For the purpose of the discussion I'm considering meaty character development less filler than unfulfilled character development. I suppose you could use the blue beetle half of the episode as the "filler" instead.
    You are right here, but the Girl Squad discovered important plot points that will be important when the Team get enough other evidence to realise what the Light is doing. Therefore it isn't filler. Though I wouldn't call Blue Beetle's subplot filler either, because it developed the relationship between Blue Beetle and the Scarab, which will be important, and introduced a new character that will be important in some way later.

    Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Okay, it's unrelated to the show but I have to ask,just, how many freaking green lantern does Earth have ?
    Aren't GLs supposed to be like space mounties, someting like one for a full sector of the galaxy, maybe one per major planet ? Earth has something like what, five, six ?)
    I'm no expert, but as I understand it, there is 4 human green lanterns, one human green lantern that doesn't count and a bunch of alien lanterns who are guarding other sectors.

    Alan Scott, the first Green Lantern, is the one that doesn't count. Though he had a lantern and a ring like the other green lanterns, the source of his power is magic, not questionable science (in Young Justice, they are instead saying that Alan Scott found a damaged ring that worked, but didn't enlist him into the green lantern corp). He has a daughter, Jade, whose green lantern-like abilities are natural

    Then there are the four human lanterns, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardener, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner. THis is because of stuff like people dying and coming back to life, and I believe the large number of justified by the fact that Hal and John were the protectors of their Space Sector (Because each sector is guarded by two, not one, green lantern), and Kyle and Guy were honor guard and not connected to any sector.

    Then there are aliens like Arisia who guard other sectors, though apparently there is some retcon that happened with Arisia that I don't know about.
    Avatar by kpenguin

    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

  8. - Top - End - #788
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Okay, it's unrelated to the show but I have to ask,just, how many freaking green lantern does Earth have ?
    Aren't GLs supposed to be like space mounties, someting like one for a full sector of the galaxy, maybe one per major planet ? Earth has something like what, five, six ?)
    Arisia isn't from Earth, but Earth has four (not counting Alan Scott). Two of those are the official Lanterns for that sector and two are in the 'special guard' or some such, which I believe are extra Lanterns who spend most of their time on Oa and helping out other Lanterns around the Universe. I think Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart are the regular ones, and Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner the special ones.

    EDIT: Ninja'd. And honour guard! That's the one!
    Last edited by Jaros; 2012-06-19 at 03:23 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ThePhantasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Here's an update that gives info on where the eps are in terms of nearing completion.

    However, the show's return from hiatus is up to CN.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

    The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

  10. - Top - End - #790
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaros View Post
    Arisia isn't from Earth, but Earth has four (not counting Alan Scott). Two of those are the official Lanterns for that sector and two are in the 'special guard' or some such, which I believe are extra Lanterns who spend most of their time on Oa and helping out other Lanterns around the Universe. I think Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart are the regular ones, and Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner the special ones.

    EDIT: Ninja'd. And honour guard! That's the one!
    in the current continuity Earth has only one recognized green lantern and it's Sinestro.

    Hal, Kyle, and John have all been removed from service though still possess rings, and Guy is now even higher ranked than Honor guard aka the highest ranking GL and not stationed on Earth.

  11. - Top - End - #791
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    in the current continuity Earth has only one recognized green lantern and it's Sinestro.

    Hal, Kyle, and John have all been removed from service though still possess rings, and Guy is now even higher ranked than Honor guard aka the highest ranking GL and not stationed on Earth.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

    ... God damn it now I kinda want to read the trades since Blackest Night finished.

  12. - Top - End - #792
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaros View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

    ... God damn it now I kinda want to read the trades since Blackest Night finished.
    If you try and get caught up it's going to be a bit confusing now.

    JLA takes place a few years in the past where Hal is still a green lantern but Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps. and Green Lantern New Guardians all take place several years in the future ahead of a lot of the other comics but at the same time as Teen Titans.

    Also a few of the Batman titles all take place at different times as well
    Last edited by Devonix; 2012-07-11 at 08:40 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaros View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

    ... God damn it now I kinda want to read the trades since Blackest Night finished.
    The trades so far don't go up to the point he's referencing - I should know, I only read the trades myself, and half of that hasn't happened in what I've read yet (last I saw Hal did not have a ring, unless you count a copy Sinestro gave him that had no charge nor a lantern battery to charge it from, and Kyle and John were still in the Corps).

    The story arc immediately following Blackest Night is fairly good though, and the big story it lead ups to, War of the Green Lanterns, is one of my favorite since the Sinestro Corps War, so I'd recommend it. That's the last story before the New 52 sets in though, and most of the trades of the first arcs of that have yet to be released.

    Edit: Oh, I should probably list the trades for those post-Blackest Night stories, shouldn't I?

    Green Lantern: Brightest Day (Important: this is distinct from the actual "Brightest Day" comics, which are only tangentially related to the Green Lantern storyline.)
    Green Lantern Corps: Revolt of the Alpha Lanterns
    Green Lantern Corps: The Weaponer (This one is skippable I'd say, a rather "meh" story which seems to have had no impact on anything.)
    Green Lantern: Emerald Warrior (This one might be skippable if you're not fond of Guy and Killowog - it mostly seems like setup for a future story, which has not materialized yet.)
    War of the Green Lanterns
    War of the Green Lanterns: Aftermath (I don't have this one, as I've been told nothing much happens in it, since these issues were written in the few months preceding the big reboot, when a lot of DC comics were mostly filler.)

    Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-07-11 at 08:51 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  14. - Top - End - #794
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    The trades so far don't go up to the point he's referencing - I should know, I only read the trades myself, and half of that hasn't happened in what I've read yet (last I saw Hal did not have a ring, unless you count a copy Sinestro gave him that had no charge nor a lantern battery to charge it from, and Kyle and John were still in the Corps).

    The story arc immediately following Blackest Night is fairly good though, and the big story it lead ups to, War of the Green Lanterns, is one of my favorite since the Sinestro Corps War, so I'd recommend it. That's the last story before the New 52 sets in though, and most of the trades of the first arcs of that have yet to be released.

    Zevox
    yeah a lot has happened

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hal still only has the ring from Sinestro who is t he only recognized lantern from Earth's sector. John was put on trial and is set to be executed by the Alpha Lanterns. Rings from every corp tried to invite Kyle into membership and no one knows why, and when Kyle found out that the Guardians sort of removed Ganthet's ability to feel emotion he booked it out of OA with his own little team of members from every corp aka the New Guardians and the Guardians tried to revoke Kyle's ring but it wouldn't leave him.

  15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Spoiler
    Show
    The 'Kyle gets all the rings!' thing may be related to Larfleeze somehow, last I saw.

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  16. - Top - End - #796
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The 'Kyle gets all the rings!' thing may be related to Larfleeze somehow, last I saw.
    Yes but we don't know for sure yet.

  17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The 'Kyle gets all the rings!' thing may be related to Larfleeze somehow, last I saw.
    Might also have to do with the fact he was for a time the only Green Lantern and had to face down Parallax as well as serve as host for at least two of the Ring Entities.

    Might well be kyle has quite the fan club going with all of the Lanterns!

  18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    slayerx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    New preview vid for the rest of the season via Comic Con
    http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/young...e-at-comic-con
    New stuff starts one minute in

    Spoiler
    Show
    A lot to take in. Cat villian in orange, i'd say is most likely Artemis. Saw a glimpse of Static along with a few other; seems the speculation on the abducties was correct. Tula also makes an appearance, but does that mean she's alive, or is that just a flashback? DeathStoke will be showing up. And we got ourselves a member of the reach towards the end
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-07-16 at 03:06 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #799
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SecondRevan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm surprised about Deathstroke, considering they didn't want to use him at first to distance themselvs from Teen Titans and the fact that Sportsmaster has managed to fill the same role as I would expect Deathstroke to be in, unless Deathstroke is acting as Artemis' 'mentor'. Artemis probably is the now Tigress now. Static is cool and it looks like Red Arrow is turning into Arsenal, which I think I prefer as it makes him more distinct power wise from Green Arrow and Artemis. I think Tula will be a flashback, because I have been expecting a flashback to Ocean Master's fall. And the Reach wasn't surprising, nearly everyone knew it. Hopefully, though, we don't just have a big Reach Enforcer like the one we saw, but also get to see the Negotiator.
    Last edited by SecondRevan; 2012-07-16 at 03:36 PM.
    Avatar by kpenguin

    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

  20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ThePhantasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Looks good. Is there an official return date set yet? I keep reading rumors that say not until September. I guess that makes sense what with summer reruns and all.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

    The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

  21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    slayerx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    and it looks like Red Arrow is turning into Arsenal, which I think I prefer as it makes him more distinct power wise from Green Arrow and Artemis.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Actually

    Dude is missing an arm... that's speedy

  22. - Top - End - #802
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SecondRevan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thought I saw Red Arrow's uniform. Guess it probably makes sense for Speedy to become Arsenal, and looking forward to seeing what they do with him.
    Avatar by kpenguin

    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

  23. - Top - End - #803
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm surprised about Deathstroke, considering they didn't want to use him at first to distance themselvs from Teen Titans and the fact that Sportsmaster has managed to fill the same role as I would expect Deathstroke to be in, unless Deathstroke is acting as Artemis' 'mentor'. Artemis probably is the now Tigress now. Static is cool and it looks like Red Arrow is turning into Arsenal, which I think I prefer as it makes him more distinct power wise from Green Arrow and Artemis. I think Tula will be a flashback, because I have been expecting a flashback to Ocean Master's fall. And the Reach wasn't surprising, nearly everyone knew it. Hopefully, though, we don't just have a big Reach Enforcer like the one we saw, but also get to see the Negotiator.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Couldn't agree more about the Negotiator.

    One of the best parts about Jaime's first run as the Blue Beetle was watching the Negotiator slowly but surely lose his **** as this random kid from a back water planet continually ruined his plans.
    "How're we doing?"
    "The dwarf's on fire."
    "So as bad as usual, huh?"

  24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ThePhantasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

    The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

  25. - Top - End - #805
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hodra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Question.

    I stopped watching this after the first episode of season 2 (in part due to budget constraints, but mostly the time-skip felt extremely jarring to me) Do the blank years between Season 1 and 2 ever get explained (at least in part) and would it be worth it to continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "..And once I've killed you and crushed your heroine smuggling operations, I'm going to steal all of your filthy drug money, and use it to fund an Orphanage!! MUhahahahahahahaha!"
    I have a tumblr blog! And a wordpress! The latter is currently on hiatus

    "Nobody ever did the impossible by dreaming short of it." -Unknown

    Let's play Warcraft 3

    Extended Sig

    Blue Berry, Dark Angel Space Mareine by Emperor Ing

  26. - Top - End - #806
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Question.

    I stopped watching this after the first episode of season 2 (in part due to budget constraints, but mostly the time-skip felt extremely jarring to me) Do the blank years between Season 1 and 2 ever get explained (at least in part) and would it be worth it to continue?
    They slowly get explained

  27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Question.

    I stopped watching this after the first episode of season 2 (in part due to budget constraints, but mostly the time-skip felt extremely jarring to me) Do the blank years between Season 1 and 2 ever get explained (at least in part) and would it be worth it to continue?
    Some important details have been explained, but plenty of blank spots remain. Bear in mind though that the show has gone on another extended hiatus, so you've actually only missed six episodes at this point.

    In general, it's still quite good, but I'm not a fan of the time skip or its effects myself either.

    Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  28. - Top - End - #808
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hodra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Some important details have been explained, but plenty of blank spots remain. Bear in mind though that the show has gone on another extended hiatus, so you've actually only missed six episodes at this point.

    In general, it's still quite good, but I'm not a fan of the time skip or its effects myself either.

    Zevox
    Having gone a few episodes in, it feels like everything that they skipped (or at least large parts of it) would've been better to see unfold.

    I mean sure, they couldn't just leave the Light plot hanging for five seasons. But seeing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tula die, Red Arrow leave the team, heck even Superboy breakin up with miss martian
    would've been cool things to show us, especially given how they seem to have effected all the things happening in this universe.

    That first one particularly grinds my gears >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "..And once I've killed you and crushed your heroine smuggling operations, I'm going to steal all of your filthy drug money, and use it to fund an Orphanage!! MUhahahahahahahaha!"
    I have a tumblr blog! And a wordpress! The latter is currently on hiatus

    "Nobody ever did the impossible by dreaming short of it." -Unknown

    Let's play Warcraft 3

    Extended Sig

    Blue Berry, Dark Angel Space Mareine by Emperor Ing

  29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    I, personally, am really, really glad they did the timeskip. Because otherwise we'd have five years of dragging - and we might not have even gotten to this endgame(?) before the show got cancelled.

    I think that a lot of the backlash against the timeskip isn't so much the timeskip, per se, as the fact that for reasons known only to They Who Schedule, they did the YJ/YJ:I timeskip over the course of a single week real time, instead of actually separating the seasons. If they had, there'd be a lot less fuss, I believe.

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  30. - Top - End - #810
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hodra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    I, personally, am really, really glad they did the timeskip. Because otherwise we'd have five years of dragging - and we might not have even gotten to this endgame(?) before the show got cancelled.

    I think that a lot of the backlash against the timeskip isn't so much the timeskip, per se, as the fact that for reasons known only to They Who Schedule, they did the YJ/YJ:I timeskip over the course of a single week real time, instead of actually separating the seasons. If they had, there'd be a lot less fuss, I believe.
    The timeskip? Sure.

    The fact that so much happened in between that's apparently very, VERY significant to the characters both personally and impersonally? Not so much.

    ...But yeah, the week thing probably had a lot to do with it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "..And once I've killed you and crushed your heroine smuggling operations, I'm going to steal all of your filthy drug money, and use it to fund an Orphanage!! MUhahahahahahahaha!"
    I have a tumblr blog! And a wordpress! The latter is currently on hiatus

    "Nobody ever did the impossible by dreaming short of it." -Unknown

    Let's play Warcraft 3

    Extended Sig

    Blue Berry, Dark Angel Space Mareine by Emperor Ing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •