New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    I, personally, am really, really glad they did the timeskip. Because otherwise we'd have five years of dragging - and we might not have even gotten to this endgame(?) before the show got cancelled.

I think that a lot of the backlash against the timeskip isn't so much the timeskip, per se, as the fact that for reasons known only to They Who Schedule, they did the YJ/YJ:I timeskip over the course of a single week real time, instead of actually separating the seasons. If they had, there'd be a lot less fuss, I believe.
    I sincerely doubt I would like it any better if I had been greeted with it after a lengthy wait between seasons to anticipate the next one, myself. I simply think it was a bad idea to skip all the important stories they did, not to mention to add all those new characters during that time and thus dump them all on us at once in the show itself. Not to mention my gripe about Aqualad, which we went over before.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

It was probably necessary. Personal secrets are one of the show's big shticks, just as much as soap opera drama. The last couple of episodes in Season 1 essentially cleared house, so the showrunners needed new secrets and drama to fill the place. Telling the stories from the timeskip would have provided drama, but not much in the way of secrets. To correct that, the producers would have to cram more stuff into an already convoluted plot. And of course, there's little guaranteeing that YJ will get a third season.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Connington View Post
    It was probably necessary. Personal secrets are one of the show's big shticks, just as much as soap opera drama. The last couple of episodes in Season 1 essentially cleared house, so the showrunners needed new secrets and drama to fill the place. Telling the stories from the timeskip would have provided drama, but not much in the way of secrets. To correct that, the producers would have to cram more stuff into an already convoluted plot. And of course, there's little guaranteeing that YJ will get a third season.
    Having watched all the way through season 2's current run (it's being split, right?) I can say it was... more acceptable than I thought. It's still less than optimal but given their options were this or betting on a 5 season show, it wasn't a terrible choice.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Do we have any cluse as to when the show is back yet? (Obviously, not being stateside I have even less clue.)

5. - Top - End - #815

RedKnightGirl

Now I don't have a problem with the timeskip (actually I can be a sucker for them at times) it's not like their only options were timeskip or five seasons. The reason the next stuff with The Light happened five years later was because the writers decided it was five years later. They could've had the story happen differently and still have the Reach arrive in the next year.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Do we have any cluse as to when the show is back yet? (Obviously, not being stateside I have even less clue.)
    September-ish I think.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Nothing official, no. But the Green Lantern series is scheduled to go back to new episodes at the end of September, and it and Young Justice have been the main attractions of Cartoon Network's "DC Nation" animation block, so I wouldn't be surprised if they start Young Justice up again at the same time.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #819
    Orc in the Playground

I saw that a couple of days ago. Still not sold on the exterior appearance, but I love the effort put into the backstory and the interior, and the interior is a great example of form matching function/backstory

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Young Justice returns September 29th, however...

Quote Originally Posted by "Worlds Finest"
    Beginning September 29th, 2012, the network has confirmed both series will see an extended run of new episodes until at least November 2012. The run is expected to last for at least six episodes, though representatives for the network stress that the schedule is subject to change without notice.
    Only six eps before the year's end would suck...
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

11. - Top - End - #821
    Banned

And the last episode was kind of cliffhanger, even

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Young Justice returns September 29th, however...

Only six eps before the year's end would suck...

Wha? How does that work? The second season was scheduled for 20 episodes, wasn't it? We only got to 7 before this latest random hiatus. Why the heck stop at the thirteenth?

I swear, the way Cartoon Network treats this show's schedule makes no sense at all.

Zevox

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I swear, the way Cartoon Network treats this show's schedule makes no sense at all.
    It makes perfect sense - if you look at it the way TNT looked at Crusade and Fox looked at Firefly...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

I think part off the reason why they have the messed up schedule is they try not to show new episodes during the holidays, when kids aren't watching. If they were doing a Firefly, things would be much worse.

Still, it is incredibly annoying, though at least we get 6 episodes, which puts us a good way through the season. All we need now is confirmation of a third season

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825

Regardless, getting confirmation of the show returning this month is quite whelming. Feeling the aster here!

16. - Top - End - #826

So, YJ's return episode is named Satisfaction. Speculation as to what the episode will be about based on that scant information?

17. - Top - End - #827
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    So, YJ's return episode is named Satisfaction. Speculation as to what the episode will be about based on that scant information?
    The episode has been announced to be about

Spoiler
    Show
    Roy (I assume speedy)getting revenge on the man who ruined his life (I assume Luthor)

Pretty obvious considering the name, though I thought it was going to be a group of the Team trying to get satisfaction after Depths.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

It makes perfect sense - if you look at it the way TNT looked at Crusade and Fox looked at Firefly...
    Or cartoon network looked at Sym-bionic titan but that might be a more extreme alternative...

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    The episode has been announced to be about

Spoiler
    Show
    Roy (I assume speedy)getting revenge on the man who ruined his life (I assume Luthor)

Pretty obvious considering the name, though I thought it was going to be a group of the Team trying to get satisfaction after Depths.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't that be Vandal Savage?

I'd be more impressed if this was about Roy helping original Roy get adjusted to being free once more as long as he isn't a plant left by the Light as a cruel ploy which I can see them doing!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-09-22 at 01:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Or cartoon network looked at Sym-bionic titan but that might be a more extreme alternative...
    That show rocked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love that the robot nerd got the girl

21. - Top - End - #831
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't that be Vandal Savage?

I'd be more impressed if this was about Roy helping original Roy get adjusted to being free once more as long as he isn't a plant left by the Light as a cruel ploy which I can see them doing!

Spoiler
    Show
    Firstly, Vandal Savage is likely very hard to find. Secondly, Lex is in charge of Cadmus and the easiest member of the light to find. Thirdly, the trailer showed Speedy attacking Lex

Also, I am certain that Red Arrow will in some way try and help Speedy adjust. This is Red Arrow's subplot. They won't end the subplot of the most important supporting character just yet.

What Cartoon Network has done with Young Justice is completely different to Firefly style debacles. Young Justice has only ever gone on hiatus because of school holidays, a time when the primary audience aren't watching TV. In fact, the creation of DC Nation has actually been a big boon for Young Justice, I believe. I would rather not have these hiatus' but they aren't because cartoon network hates the show. They are showing each episode as soon as they reasonably can while maintaining high ratings. The real problem is starting season 1 late, so that during the summer there is a hiatus part way through the season instead of being between seasons.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Not another "Fox was anti-Firefly" again...it being out-of-order aside (and it was reasonably episodic), they didn't change the time slot around, and they aired it with few breaks. While I do admit their treatment of it could have been better, it was hardly the "they totally hated the show and tried to kill it" that people make it out to be, and I doubt it would've been a success regardless, as evidenced by the flop the movie was.

Of course, all the "Fox killed Firefly!" people tend to ignore these points in favor of just blindly bashing Fox...though I will say at least they're better than when people whine about Fox canceling Arrested Development.
    Last edited by Lord Seth; 2012-09-24 at 01:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Not another "Fox was anti-Firefly" again...it being out-of-order aside (and it was reasonably episodic), they didn't change the time slot around, and they aired it with few breaks. While I do admit their treatment of it could have been better, it was hardly the "they totally hated the show and tried to kill it" that people make it out to be, and I doubt it would've been a success regardless, as evidenced by the flop the movie was.

Of course, all the "Fox killed Firefly!" people tend to ignore these points in favor of just blindly bashing Fox...though I will say at least they're better than when people whine about Fox canceling Arrested Development.
    yeah because good TV series NEVER make bad movies
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

A couple of clips from the next episode.
    One. Two.

Spoiler
    Show
    So Jason Todd is confirmed, which means we could have Red Hood at some point.

Toonami is actually going to start re-airing Sym-Bionic Titan.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    One. Two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    YES. Naturally, unless we go Lost Flash-back, we wont get much Todd except in "Artimis did DIS one day"... but a chance of Red Hood? I LEAP AT THIS CHANCE!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    One. Two.

Spoiler
    Show

Toonami is actually going to start re-airing Sym-Bionic Titan.
    Good to hear.

So have they given any spoilers as to how they plan the rest of this season and whether there will be a third season and if that will have a season hiatus a well as a time leap...

Oh any word on the game which a supposed to fill in on that time period?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-09-28 at 09:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Orc in the Playground

They know what they are doing in Season 3, including another time skip. There has been no confirmation on whether or not there will be a third time skip, though

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

So, no new episode reactions yet?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was a good episode. Makes it pretty easy to see where clone Roy got his aggressive, somewhat jackass-y streak from. Still, there's something very satisfying about seeing someone put a rocket through Lex Luthor's window . Also, I liked the little sequence between Blue Beetle and Impulse.

I'm a bit iffy on the ending though. I'm having a hard time seeing why Speedy/Arsenal would give up his revenge for a mechanical arm. Also, can't help but wonder whether that was meant to imply that he'd work for Luthor in the future, which would be even more unbelievable, but may just be me reading things into it which weren't meant to be there.

Zevox

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    They know what they are doing in Season 3, including another time skip. There has been no confirmation on whether or not there will be a third time skip, though
    Well there goes the last of my interest in this show. You only get one time skip and seeing how badly the 1st one turned out I have no interest in a 2nd one.
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

30. - Top - End - #840
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a bit iffy on the ending though. I'm having a hard time seeing why Speedy/Arsenal would give up his revenge for a mechanical arm. Also, can't help but wonder whether that was meant to imply that he'd work for Luthor in the future, which would be even more unbelievable, but may just be me reading things into it which weren't meant to be there.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, he was surrounded by Lex's personal SWAT team so leaving was the only way to survive and he got a free robot arm out of it. But the arm will backfire somehow, this is Lex we're talking about. I found it amusing that the leader of that SWAT team is apparently this universe's version of this guy. That's impressive.

The bridal shower scene seemed completely pointless.

I also liked Lex's reference to the Gargoyles cartoon.
    Two by two, hands of blue.