New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by blackspeeker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey it wasn't my idea, I wanted to believe it was Brainiac, but a few months ago months ago people on the forum made convincing arguments for Darkseid with the appearance of Desaad and Godfrey earlier in the series. Other things were brought up, I don't remember them though.

Now to learn about Reach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Braniac actually invaded a month before season 2, and is the big bad of the current story arc in the comic

On the other conversation

Spoiler
    Show
    Something obviously happened between Darkseid and the Light, as Intergang were working for Desaad and therefore the Light. Considering Godfrey is in this season prominently, I assume Darkseid will appear soon. Leaving him for season 3 runs the risk of being too similar to Invasion. Not sure why Darkseid and the Light split, though that might be an important part of the timeskip. Without Darkseid, they had to find the kroloteans, then wait for the LONG time it took to infiltrate

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I was wondering...

Spoiler
    Show
    The whole deal with the Light controlling those members of the League was a demonstration of their capabilities for their new acquaintance.
    To avoid a full scale invasion the Kroloteans were "allowed" to investigate with the Lights "help" so they had a catspaw like what they did the previous season with the Injustice League.

I think Ted Kord might be the Black Beetle because his death came out of the blue as far as I was concerned and it seems odd that he'd be considered the creator of the Blue Scarab when it was supposedly passed to him via his predecessor who i don't know if he even exists in this series.

The real question is are the Light using these new acquaintances to develop a means of preserving humanity from the coming of Darkseid?

It would make sense but given the Reach really don't like the Green Lanterns I was wondering when they'd act against the resident GLs...

Oh and Aqualad could easily be a triple agent since his actions so far is perfectly fine if we go by the actions of the Light.

So given Manta is an enemy of Aquaman, wouldn't he have some defences against magic? Specifically illusions?

Still knowing Beetle is vulnerable to magic is going to be useful at some point!

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm. A corrupted/Black Beetle Ted Kord would be interesting. It wouldn't be consistent with any of the comics, though - the closest Kord ever got to ebil was when his corpse became a Black Lantern. I do agree the memorial has to be some sort of Chekov's Gun, though.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-10-09 at 03:24 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    I was wondering...

Spoiler
    Show
    The whole deal with the Light controlling those members of the League was a demonstration of their capabilities for their new acquaintance.
    To avoid a full scale invasion the Kroloteans were "allowed" to investigate with the Lights "help" so they had a catspaw like what they did the previous season with the Injustice League.

I think Ted Kord might be the Black Beetle because his death came out of the blue as far as I was concerned and it seems odd that he'd be considered the creator of the Blue Scarab when it was supposedly passed to him via his predecessor who i don't know if he even exists in this series.

The real question is are the Light using these new acquaintances to develop a means of preserving humanity from the coming of Darkseid?

It would make sense but given the Reach really don't like the Green Lanterns I was wondering when they'd act against the resident GLs...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what the light's exact plans are...

However, going by what Vandel Savage said, their ultimate goal concerns human evolution and he criticized the league for preventing human evolution by protecting humanity instead of allowing them to suffer through the "survival of the fittest" nature of evolution; he also wanted to heighten Earth's standing in the universe.

My guess is this could mean one of two things if not both... Either they are using the aliens to help them unlock the meta-gene so that they can force human evolution, or they are going to use the aliens to have humanity experience an apocalypse to help force humanity's need to evolve. The first seems very plausible because of how much emphasis there is on the meta gene, but the second seems plausible as well because of their past dealings with the likes of darkside and the future that Impulse comes from... however its possible that both are true as an apocalypse could be used to wipe out the weakest of humanity first before they start using knowledge of the meta-gene to try and create a race of super humans from the survivors. That's my guess anyway
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-10-10 at 12:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

The two-for-one would fully fit Savage's M.O. as well.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    The two-for-one would fully fit Savage's M.O. as well.
    you know this story is a bit similar to one from the eighties where Earth was invaded because of a growing fear of the ammount of superhumans on the planet. There are powerful alien races but they don't have as many "champions" on their planets as Earth does in one city.

During they would capture small groups of humans for study and it was revealed that One out of evert ten humans on the planet was capable of activating a metagene given the proper stimulus. It freaked them the hell out.

During the World War three storyline Nearlet every human on the planet had their metagene actitivated to fight off an invasion from Apokalypse.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know though... one thing that has only just occurred to me is that despite this emphasis on the mete-gene, the heros that were sent to attack the aliens that started this whole mess were NOT meta humans.

Batman is a normal human; Superman, Hawkgirl and Martian manhunter are aliens; John Stewart is a Green Lantern (thus more of a tech hero); and Wonder Woman is magically empowered...

Not sure what's up with that... Though i suppose the aliens would not really know the difference. Also looking at their members, their actually isn;t that many meta humans in the leauge. Plastic Man, Flash, Atom and Captain Atom and Black Canary are the only true Meta's (i don't think Auqaman counts since as Kadur mentioned in the last episode, atlanteans are considered a sub species of humans)... the rest are either normal humans, humans with tech, Aliens, or Magically powered. Granted, in DC comics some magically powered hero's are considered meta-humans as their have an unnatural affinity towards magic

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    you know this story is a bit similar to one from the eighties where Earth was invaded because of a growing fear of the ammount of superhumans on the planet. There are powerful alien races but they don't have as many "champions" on their planets as Earth does in one city.

During they would capture small groups of humans for study and it was revealed that One out of evert ten humans on the planet was capable of activating a metagene given the proper stimulus. It freaked them the hell out.
    I was reading about this just last night while looking up info about the meta-gene

Comic book-based info
    Spoiler
    Show

One thing that's actually been irking me about the most recent trailer of Young Justice is that, despite clearly showing a member of the reach, they still keep the "clicking" aliens hidden in bright light. Makes me think there is yet another alien species that is partnered up with the light; Namely the Dominators from the storyline you are referring too.

The Dominators were also leading an alliance of Alien species, so it could be that the Dominators are the light's new partner and the Reach are just a member of their alliance

Some aspects of their storyline also seem to fit, as these aliens came to earth to inspect the meta-gene within the humans. And the idea that the meta-gene exists in about 10% of the population and is activated by near-death experience would lend even more weight to the idea of using mass suffering to force human evolution... An apocalypse would not just wipe out the weakest of humanity, it would wipe out the 90% without the meta gene and thus leave earth with nothing more than a small race of super humans. In theory this could lead to a future earth that is more like New Genesis (or more negatively Apocalypse) where the planet is essentially populated by nothing but super power beings.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-10-10 at 10:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Well the story wasn't just about metagene heroes it was also about how just plain humanity can go crazy with abilities, IE Batman, Question and others.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Frak, that was a good episode. (I'm more behind that usual, since I was doing a wargames convention at the weekend.)

What I do like about this series is that the characters react pretty realistically (which is not as common as you'd think). I first thought that in the psychoanalysis after that VR training incident with Megan in season one, and I thought it again in this episode in the conversation between Wally and Nightwing. And, heck, most of the time, the veteran characters actually, y'know, act like veterans; they remain cool, calm and collected, and the counter-point with the newer more hot-headed members is nice.

I think YJ is probably better than the previous DCAU series (i.e. JL/JLU), and that's saying something. It's a bit more...cerebral, maybe? With all the mystery and plot complexity? And I kinda like that.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

I love YJ, but I think I prefer JLU. It had a better... method of managing its grand stable of characters, but dear god, Oliver is being so amazing of a character and person in YJ so far, he outstadows even his epic JLU cousin. And that is SOMETHING. JLU Arrow sang his own theme song while kicking a goon on a submarine while using a zipline.

My problem with YJ is that the villains are... So insanely influential and powerful with The Light its shocking. Its wonderfully reminiscent of Gargoyles, and Luthor is definitely going epic Xanatosstyle. But they are so powerful, and havent really LOST any major fights. (No, nonspeaking Humanite and... That non-atomic Skull were not a lgitimate fight.)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 05:32 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's the whole you can't stop the first or second phase of the plan deal. Heroes aren't allowed to defeat the bad guys until the very last second.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    It's the whole you can't stop the first or second phase of the plan deal. Heroes aren't allowed to defeat the bad guys until the very last second.
    Its more that the League was... stupidly good, but the team seems tob e doing most everything. What the hell has Superman been doing for these 5 years, the big seven only left a few weeks ago show-time. They had five years to do... SOMETHING. Really, the only successful hero is Roy Harper. hes got the flirty-villain-girl thing, he did something USEFUL, and theres even two of him being badass. (Poor Ollie)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-11 at 06:43 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Its more that the League was... stupidly good, but the team seems tob e doing most everything. What the hell has Superman been doing for these 5 years, the big seven only left a few weeks ago show-time. They had five years to do... SOMETHING. Really, the only successful hero is Roy Harper.
    Red Arrow Roy is very successful, especially as a human. He's a father! Biologically speaking, that's a winner!
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, this happened.

I can't even get angry anymore. Stuart Snyder cancelled Toonami and brought it back on a shoestring budget, added half a dozen live action shows, brought in a bunch of cheap flash cartoons with no staying power, basically halved the production of studios under his control, created a bunch of blocks that all fizzled within three months of release, and now he's pulling the only two 2d action show still premiering(As well as GL: TAS, which is also good), in favor of reruns of Johnney Test.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone who is the least bit surprised, raise your hand...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this happened.

I can't even get angry anymore. Stuart Snyder cancelled Toonami and brought it back on a shoestring budget, added half a dozen live action shows, brought in a bunch of cheap flash cartoons with no staying power, basically halved the production of studios under his control, created a bunch of blocks that all fizzled within three months of release, and now he's pulling the only two 2d action show still premiering(As well as GL: TAS, which is also good), in favor of reruns of Johnney Test.

No doubt it's due to some half-assed "ratings" survey that seems to be the bane of American TV (as it seems to have little to do with how many people actually watch something.)

(We in the UK have our own banes to deal with, in particular with "children's" channels with the often quasi-random way series are shown in chunks all at once - not usually even a whole season - and then the next part is shown at odd times, making it almost impossible to watch anything except in snatches, back-and-forth across the series' timeline. (At least stateside they seem to actually keep to a shedule and one episode a week sometimes and on some channels.) Over here, sometimes you get a new episode of a particular show one day a week (usually at an inconvieniant time and not repeated later) or on weekends or one episode a day, or one episode every weekday... It seems more or less random half the time. Again, a few years back, they had a Friday evening block on Toonami where they had a catch-up of all the week's new episodes (this was at the time CN still had Pokemon and was showing JLU and such; and the framing stuff showed they knew damn well their target audience for that bit was the adult age group). They got rid of that, though, soon enough, I guess at the same time they knobbled Toonami proper on your side of the pond and replaced it with crap.

Anything I seriously want to watch, I either locate on the 'net or wait for a DVD; after all the hassle of trying to catch the second half of W.I.T.C.H season 2 in particular (and boy I am glad I bothered, because they only showed that series about once and never again, and even the DVD release only made it to season 1), I decided it just wasn't worth the effort.

Heck, I waited for Avatar on DVD, a year or so behind everyone else, after seeing one episode enough to convince me it was worth it. That's my modus operandi now; watch a couple of episodes, and if it's any cop, get it on DVD. (Or locate it on the net where I can watch it in order before getting the DVD when it's eventually released!)

Edit: They wouldn't be fraktarded enough to be trying to wait to set new episodes out just to complete with the the Hub's (preported) release of MLP in November, would they, knowing that a large proportion of the demographic is common? Would they?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-13 at 06:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Orc in the Playground

Young Justice has some of Cartoon Network's best ratings, apparently, so I have no idea what is happening. Hopefully it is a temporary thing due to some thing we aren't aware of, because I was looking forward to this episode

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Right now i'm thinking this sudden change has something to do with CN's 20th anniversary... y'know, as if DC nation is not part of CN history...

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Anyone who is the least bit surprised, raise your hand...
    *raises hand*

The weird hiatuses were one thing, but suddenly replacing two shows' time slots half a day before they were to air new episodes with a couple of re-run shows? What the eff is going on with that?

Zeovx
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    *raises hand*

The weird hiatuses were one thing, but suddenly replacing two shows' time slots half a day before they were to air new episodes with a couple of re-run shows? What the eff is going on with that?

Zeovx
    The abruptness is the weird part. If this was just a part of the anniversary celebration, why would they do it like that?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    The abruptness is the weird part. If this was just a part of the anniversary celebration, why would they do it like that?
    The only thing that I can figure, outside of gross stupidity on the part of whoever at Cartoon Network made that decision, is that the network and DC have recently gotten into some sort of fight, and the DC-related shows were removed because of that (whether for legal reasons, to pressure DC, or whatever). That's just random guessing though.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cartoon Network hates you.

It returns in JANUARY. THREE MONTHS FROM NOW JUST AFTER A HIATUS ANYWAY. 'Ware. The comments are NSFW.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

23. - Top - End - #893

The worst part is that the girl doing the Amethyst shorts for DC nation was up for an AWARD for her work, but now that got taken away because CN decided to randomly do this.

This was supposed to be her big break, and they just took it away for no reason. She might have even gotten her own show if she got that award. Hell, this might have been what got her a MOVIE a few years down the line.

For the last five years Stuart Snyder has run Cartoon Network into the ground. He tore down pretty much every sucessful show and block they had in the first couple of years, injected hated live action stuff, brought in cheap imports from Canada, very few actually liked(This coming from a canadian), pretty much single handedly squashed anime in America since their only real basic cable outlets(the WB blocks are closely related to Cartoon Network and have worked in tandem in the past), and now he's blatantly just screwing with shows he doesn't like, or else just to see what would happen. The only good things like Toonami coming back were because people like Lazzo and DeMarco have been trying for YEARS against his Snyder's plans.

This is disgusting. I'm not going to just take this lying down and nobody else should either. Something this abhorrent deserves more than just letter writing or phonecalls. We shouldn't just resign ourselves and accept this treatment when we know how bad it is.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

The worst part is that the girl doing the Amethyst shorts for DC nation was up for an AWARD for her work, but now that got taken away because CN decided to randomly do this.

This was supposed to be her big break, and they just took it away for no reason. She might have even gotten her own show if she got that award. Hell, this might have been what got her a MOVIE a few years down the line.

For the last five years Stuart Snyder has run Cartoon Network into the ground. He tore down pretty much every sucessful show and block they had in the first couple of years, injected hated live action stuff, brought in cheap imports from Canada, very few actually liked(This coming from a canadian), pretty much single handedly squashed anime in America since their only real basic cable outlets(the WB blocks are closely related to Cartoon Network and have worked in tandem in the past), and now he's blatantly just screwing with shows he doesn't like, or else just to see what would happen. The only good things like Toonami coming back were because people like Lazzo and DeMarco have been trying for YEARS against his Snyder's plans.

This is disgusting. I'm not going to just take this lying down and nobody else should either. Something this abhorrent deserves more than just letter writing or phonecalls. We shouldn't just resign ourselves and accept this treatment when we know how bad it is.
    Agreed on all counts... but am I a bad person for not knowing what "Amethyst shorts" means?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-13 at 07:37 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #895

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Agreed on all counts... but am I a bad person for not knowing what "Amethyst shorts" means?
    This was a short for DC nation supposed to go live today. It was so good it was up for an annie award. The woman behind it was so excited on twitter right up until the last minute too.

Now thanks to the hiatus she has no way of winning that award. It's an opprotunity that was unfairly torn from her for literally no discernable reason.

And she's only the latest in a long list of people Snyder's regime have screwed over. This kind of stuff has happened a dozen times over in the last few years and will keep happening unless some kind of action is taken beyond just complaining.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2012-10-13 at 08:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

This was a short for DC nation supposed to go live today. It was so good it was up for an annie award. The woman behind it was so excited on twitter right up until the last minute too.

Now thanks to the hiatus she has no way of winning that award. It's an opprotunity that was unfairly torn from her for literally no discernable reason.

And she's only the latest in a long list of people Snyder's regime have screwed over. This kind of stuff has happened a dozen times over in the last few years and will keep happening unless some kind of action is taken beyond just complaining.
    Wow, that's terrible.

If it weren't for the fact that Young Justice is the only Cartoon Network show currently airing that I watch I would boycott the network.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    If it weren't for the fact that Young Justice is the only Cartoon Network show currently airing that I watch I would boycott the network.
    Well, now it's not airing for the next three months...Again. So, I don't know if for you, whether that's good news or bad news.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

28. - Top - End - #898

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Wow, that's terrible.

Man, unless you have a Nielsen box and fit into a specific age range they don't care. There are other, more accurate ways of polling that might include you but they won't use them because it's easier to fudge numbers.

A boycott won't do anything. What needs to happen is an actual, unified effort that forces them to stop this kind of behavior. There are systems out there meant to keep this in check. If you write a letter to Cartoon Network they can ignore it. If you email cited information to their bosses or bosses shareholders, it'll go over their head to people who can't afford to ignore it and something will be done. It's just that nobody seems willing to put the time in to gather the information and get it out there. Over the years it seems like every single fanbase on the entire internet is so atrophied and impotent they aren't actually willing to work for the thing they love.

Sorry for the rant, but I am incredibly bitter. Not just at this, but at the people who allow this to happen literally every time someone gets screwed over by Stuart Snyder.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Cartoon Network hates you.

It returns in JANUARY. THREE MONTHS FROM NOW JUST AFTER A HIATUS ANYWAY. 'Ware. The comments are NSFW.

Okay, mostly just Cartoon Network, but yeah, close enough. Because seriously, we've only had two episodes since the last friggin' hiatus! What are these idiots smoking to make these insane scheduling choices?

Zevox

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Back on point;

Paraphrased;
    Quote from Robin in S1; I don't want to be Batman anymore.
    Quote from Batman; I didn't want Robin to turn out like me.

They both sounded deep and meaningful at the time of the episode. But then...Nightwing's actions...Don't quite add up.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome