New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

This thread is right on the brink of the six week necromancy rule, but now we have some stuff to talk about. Curse these hiatuses.

Young Justice returns on January 5th.

It looks like we're getting Mongul, Despero, Red Volcano is back somehow, Apache Chief and a bunch of other neat stuff.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    This thread is right on the brink of the six week necromancy rule, but now we have some stuff to talk about. Curse these hiatuses.

Young Justice returns on January 5th.

It looks like we're getting Mongul, Despero, Red Volcano is back somehow, Apache Chief and a bunch of other neat stuff.
    Didn't Aquagirl die? Wasn't that one of the 'motivations' for Aqualad's 'betrayal'?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Didn't Aquagirl die? Wasn't that one of the 'motivations' for Aqualad's 'betrayal'?
    Risen from the dead? Flashbacks to the Five-Year Gap? Not-Dead-At-All-Part-Of-Nightwing's-Conspiracy?

There's a few reasons I can think of to put Aquagirl into the show straight off the top of my head.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

.... Im a but more excited about the Mongul Desparo episodes. Mongul is one of the epicest epics ever, just because of what he is. Desparo has the magic, so thats always fun. Some "oh no eyelaser" is gonna happen, i call it.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whoa...was that a little Static Shock action in there? Here's hoping the long hiatus didn't hinder the show any.
    Awesome Gunslinger Avatar by Kymme

"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist..." Barriers to Trans-Dimensional Travel, Rosalind Lutece, 1889

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

So, seeing as this show was supposed to be back on air yesterday, anything new ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-06 at 10:37 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    So, seeing as this show was supposed to be back on air yesterday, anything new ?
    Well
    Spoiler
    Show

Nightwing conspiracy was true.
    Me'gann not knowing about conspiracy catatonic'd Aqualad (the way she rips the info out of people, so hey now she knows).
    She is still alive.
    Blue Beetle turning evil (or maybe just stolen and used by evil) causes the "Crash" Kid Flash is worried about.
    Earth welcomes "invasion of the body snatchers" "peacefully"; they call themselves Reach.
    Blue Beetle (with the Scarab in full control since kid is still wounded) fights Black Beetle: Blue loses and has to retreat.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

So was it the same episode that was leaked before the sudden hiatus, or was anything *coughcough* changed?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #969
    Orc in the Playground

I've heard nothing about mysterious disappearances of Stephanie Brown, and Static was in cornered was neither conspiracy theory appears to be right.

On Cornered
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worst episode of Invasion so far, but I guess considering Invasion has been consistently excellent, I can give it a pass. The problem is the subplots were awesome, like Black Canary's interviews or the Reach's political games with the League, but the main plot wasn't particularly interesting. I understand this was supposed to be the first episode of season 3/first episode back from hiatus, but from a pacing when it comes immediately after the awesomeness of Before the Dawn it kind of disappointing. However, looking forward to more Guardian, since I thought Mal was fun, and while Miss Martian seemed a bit off this episode (I think it was issues with the voice acting. I agree with the direction but didn't find it convincing enough), her final scene was great, and I'm looking forward t seeing Superboy's reaction to Nightwing's plan next episode (as well as Robin finally having a notable episode since the first episode this season. Between the fact that he rarely talks even in episodes he plays a significant role in (like Before the Dawn), and that he is the only member of the Team not involved in the Braniac invasion in the comic, despite the fact that the rest of the team and half the league are involved)

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

10. - Top - End - #970
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoilers from the first seconds of "Cornered":
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despero gets his ships from the Dominion?

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Despero was kind of pretty dispointing. The robot acompagning himù was pretty fun tho.

Goeffrey is getting pretty anoying too. He's really not subtle, you'd think he have been called on that a while ago.

I like the Reach embassador, though, he is pretty smooth operators.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despero was kind of pretty dispointing. The robot acompagning himù was pretty fun tho.

Goeffrey is getting pretty anoying too. He's really not subtle, you'd think he have been called on that a while ago.

I like the Reach embassador, though, he is pretty smooth operators.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mostly agree. Despero didn't have much in the way of characterisms, and the ambassador is great, but I like Geoffry. Piers Morgan, Geraldo Rivera, Nancy Grace, Glenn Beck: they do **** like that constantly and get crazy ratings. I totally buy that he could exist in that world and be that popular, but I concede that he's probably also going to end up being a robot or an alien or a robot alien at some point.

I'm really liking the animation in those Amethyst shorts. Dazzlingly fluid.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Probable spoilers for Godfrey:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's almost certainly Glorious Godfrey. One of Darkseid's Elite. A major plotline in the comics was his "G. Gordon Godfrey" alter ego doing exactly what he's doing in YJ: potstirring up anti-"Super" sentiment.

The fly in the ointment is that in the DCAU Godfrey was just a normal human. The YJ version seems much more in line with the comics, though, and we already know Apokalypse's fingers are in the Earth pie...
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-15 at 11:40 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #974
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the problem with Despero is that Young Justice, in an effort to be realistic, doesn't allow any alien to speak English without reason (see Lobo, Reach when not around humans). Despero had no need to speak English, so all we got were growls that I assume were an alien language. Cool from a world building perspective, but made him a boring character, which is a large reason why you watch this episode for its subplots

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the problem with Despero is that Young Justice, in an effort to be realistic, doesn't allow any alien to speak English without reason (see Lobo, Reach when not around humans). Despero had no need to speak English, so all we got were growls that I assume were an alien language. Cool from a world building perspective, but made him a boring character, which is a large reason why you watch this episode for its subplots
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not really. He could still have spoke in growls and have the robots translate and that would have been more interesting. Or just tried something clever. Or sjut have an altogether better reasont o be there.
    The reason I found Despero underwhelming was because all he did was slapp the heroes around without any finesse, or, frankly real point to it.
    If you're going to have a brute for a cage match epsiode there gotta be ways to spice it up or more entertaining choices for it.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-16 at 12:18 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

16. - Top - End - #976

Wait, was the Martian's name B'ar S'oom?

Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Colossus in the Playground

Wait, was the Martian's name B'ar S'oom?

Cool.
    Heh, was it actually? I didn't catch that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

I think "B'harzz O'hm" is the preferred spelling, but yeah, that's nifty stuff.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #979

On a related note:

Spoiler
    Show

How many episodes until this guy dies or goes evil? Suddenly having an ultra powerful dude with all the powers of Martian Manhunter AND Blue Beetle combined is way too convenient considering that outside Captain Marvel and maybe Hal Jordan nobody in the current league could even hope to fight in superman's weight class, let alone have two centuries of experience on two main characters in their main fields.

I mean, with the Martian's "shapeshift/mind control/heat vision/phase shift powers and the beetle's armor/energy blast/blades/regen, he's probably both the strongest and most versatile character on the show including the core league.

I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not very long, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if he was there as an agent of the Reach. Seems really dubious that he's able to escape from the Reach's influence.

Either that, or he's legit and he dies doing something.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I love the concept of Green Beetle, considering we never got to look at other Reach agents in the Blue Beetle comics, even if he is a mole. Part of the reason I like how they changed Black Beelte. In the comics, there was really only the Negotiator. I hope he isn't the mole, as that would be obvious and I like the idea of a Reach rebellion. However, I suspect he is a mole (when I first saw him in the trailer, I thought the Reach were going to try and exert political influence to make him join the League, under the guise of helping with Earth's defense, so that the Reach have a spy). My theory, though, is that he will be the one responsible for turning Jaime 'on mode' in Impulse's future.

But yeah, his power level is incredible. The Justice League has many power houses, including the ones captured by Klystar in the comics, Martian Manhunter, Icon and 3 Green Lanterns. But even forgetting the power of the scarab in the original comics (where it had weapons with possible theological implications), combining the Martian Manhunter with Black Beetle is incredibly versatile

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Fire still seems to affect the Green Bettle, so it's not like he's invincible.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Green Beetle (I am not going to try to spell his name) still has the fire weakness, but I think him dominating the Scarab has some issues. He seems to know about the Scarab powers and uses them, but we don't know if his Scarab is sentient or not. If he has the powers but not the full knowledge, a Reach controlled Scarab has tricks, not to mention any advances in the thousands of years since they launched the scarabs.
    The powers of a Martian seem awesome, but the fire weakness has always been laughable (New Frontier Batman makes this point nicely) and the Scarab already has pretty decent strength. We haven't seen Black Beetle against any of the top tier players, the heaviest hitter we've thrown at him is probably Superboy or Blue. Unless we get a good grasp on how much power the Scarab gives, the only real bonus the Martian powerset gives is shape changing and density, since telekinesis is only barely better than just throwing something with your arms anyways. Unless our Green Beetle badass has the mind powers of Miss Martian (and doesn't have the laughably sudden fear of using her powers on a blatant bad guy about to murder everyone) I think being a Martian doesn't really give him much of a boost. He pretty much fought Black to a draw, but then fire came into the picture and they needed two Scarabs to beat one Reach Scarab.

Also, does anyone think that Psymon and Comalad might have a psychic battle? I'm hoping for a fight and Aqualad recovering, but its doubtful. Vandal went on a bit much about how this is going to screw Aqualad, so I'm hoping it doesn't actually work.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-01-20 at 08:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

24. - Top - End - #984
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Green Beetle (I am not going to try to spell his name) still has the fire weakness, but I think him dominating the Scarab has some issues. He seems to know about the Scarab powers and uses them, but we don't know if his Scarab is sentient or not. If he has the powers but not the full knowledge, a Reach controlled Scarab has tricks, not to mention any advances in the thousands of years since they launched the scarabs.
    The powers of a Martian seem awesome, but the fire weakness has always been laughable (New Frontier Batman makes this point nicely) and the Scarab already has pretty decent strength. We haven't seen Black Beetle against any of the top tier players, the heaviest hitter we've thrown at him is probably Superboy or Blue. Unless we get a good grasp on how much power the Scarab gives, the only real bonus the Martian powerset gives is shape changing and density, since telekinesis is only barely better than just throwing something with your arms anyways. Unless our Green Beetle badass has the mind powers of Miss Martian (and doesn't have the laughably sudden fear of using her powers on a blatant bad guy about to murder everyone) I think being a Martian doesn't really give him much of a boost. He pretty much fought Black to a draw, but then fire came into the picture and they needed two Scarabs to beat one Reach Scarab.

Also, does anyone think that Psymon and Comalad might have a psychic battle? I'm hoping for a fight and Aqualad recovering, but its doubtful. Vandal went on a bit much about how this is going to screw Aqualad, so I'm hoping it doesn't actually work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Green Beetle's mind powers probably aren't as powerful as Miss Martian's, but all Martians have those powers. THe only thing special about Miss Martian is that hers a more powerful than most and, for the first half of season 2, she lacked ethics in using them. Also note that he seems to know most of the tricks associated with the scarabs, considering what he and Blue were able to do. So I assume he has complete knowledge of teh Scarab. In a straight fight between him and Black, it is likely he will win if he can avoid flames (though I was surprised the armour couldn't protect him).

Also, we have seen Black Beetle fight one of the big heavy hitters. SUperboy. Superboy was chosen above the Martian Manhunter and Wonder Girl as one the Earth's mightiest heroes by Klystar in the comics, alongside Superman, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Wonder Woman and, if it wasn't for the fact DC forced Weisman to change it, Icon. That means, even though he isn't as strong as Superman, he is seen as more powerful than a good portion of the league (though it is worth noting that the green lanterns were off world). Also, note how easily Black Beetle has managed to dominate every fight he has been in. THe only time he has ever been challenged is by a Blue Beetle controlled by the Scarab. So Green is seriously powerful, as long as he can avoid flames (and even if his armour can't protect from flames, it can easily create a weapon to smother them or something)

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Given that the thread title says 'spoilers', are the blocks really necessary?

Anyway: I wouldn't be surprised is the armor does protect against fire, at least to some degree, and the fire weakness is solely psychlogical when Green is armored up. Green Martians freak around fire, as we know; even if he intellectually knows he's protected, his instincts might cause him to break down.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

Well guys, guess whaaaaat? CANCELED. Yay!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-01-29 at 07:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

To be precise.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #988
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Poor Greg Weisman, he never gets a third season. Young Justice, Green Lantern, Tron, Motorcity, I've lost way too many awesome shows recently.

Anyways, back to the show. We have a little time table now, since they only have a few weeks before Psimon wakes up and spills the beans about Kaldur and Artemis. So they only have a limited time to fix Kaldur's mind and then figure out a way to not have Megan be killed afterwards. I assume they'll escape during the chaos when Sportsmaster and Cheshire come to take their revenge.

On Green Beetle, I hope he's good, he seems like a neat character. but as others have said he seems a little to overpowered. So I hope he gets merely incapacitated somehow.

So, Luthor is going to get his own group of superteens, although there has to be some sort of trickery or mind control or something, since why would they work for someone who is publicly working with the aliens that kidnapped and tortured them? But if they want to go the somewhat cliche route, they can at least get Tye Longshadow to switch back by having Blue Beetle reveal that he's Jaime. Also, they're the superfriends.

And this whole public Reach invasion keeps reminding me of that Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man".
    Two by two, hands of blue.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post

So, Luthor is going to get his own group of superteens, although there has to be some sort of trickery or mind control or something, since why would they work for someone who is publicly working with the aliens that kidnapped and tortured them? But if they want to go the somewhat cliche route, they can at least get Tye Longshadow to switch back by having Blue Beetle reveal that he's Jaime. Also, they're the superfriends.
    That picture comparison fits everywhere but Black Vulcan wasn't Static nor was he Black Lightning.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    That picture comparison fits everywhere but Black Vulcan wasn't Static nor was he Black Lightning.
    The Ultiman idea is aweeesome, and ANY CHANCE OF STATIC SHOCK IS AMAZING. Did I mention my squee when Virgil said "static shock" when they were asking him about the metagene experiments? Because I was so happppppppppyyyyy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...