New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1143
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    That picture comparison fits everywhere but Black Vulcan wasn't Static nor was he Black Lightning.
    Eh, probably chose Static since he's more popular than Black Lightning. And they gave Black Lightning a cameo in the Despero episode, and his lightning was actually black, which I thought was kinda clever.

Speaking of cameos, during Bumblebee and Atom's attempted removal of the scarab Atom calls for assistance from a Dr. Cross, who is most likely Dr. Mid-Nite of the modern day JSA.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    To be precise.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Technically, I don't think it's canceled yet (the article only cites Green Lantern as officially canceled). It just hasn't been announced for next season. Which does mean near certain cancellation, but it isn't quite there yet.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

See the update at the top of the article.

Additionally, a Warner Bros. Animation rep has confirmed the cancellations to Newsarama.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-31 at 03:15 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

That picture comparison fits everywhere but Black Vulcan wasn't Static nor was he Black Lightning.
    Presumably they're not going to name the other guy Apache Chief, either, and they've got a woman to be Samurai instead of a man.

But it seems like a pretty clear, cute reference to the old show.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Yeah, in the same way JLU grouped heroes together in a way that referenced the Defenders.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Yeah, in the same way JLU grouped heroes together in a way that referenced the Defenders.
    Defenders was Marvel I think you mean Seven Soldiers

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

See the update at the top of the article.
    Huh. Thought it only said the Green Lantern cancellation was confirmed. Oh well.

I've really got no idea why they never bothered with a quick "previously on Young Justice" or anything. Would've really helped a new viewer know what's going on and might have brought more people in. Too much stuff that was going on made no sense if you hadn't been watching it for a while, and the show wasn't much for catching you up on it.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Defenders was Marvel I think you mean Seven Soldiers
    Nope. They referenced the Defenders in "The Terror Beyond". The teamup of Doctor Fate, Solomon Grundy, and Aquaman (and Hawkgirl, of course) references The Defenders with Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Namor.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Heard a Rumor that Cartoon Network is going to cancel Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS. Anyone know anything about this?
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Heard a Rumor that Cartoon Network is going to cancel Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS. Anyone know anything about this?
    Yes. Look up, in this thread, one page ago.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-01-31 at 09:08 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, Teen Titans GO get's a full series but not Super BFF'S? And what's this Beware The Batman thing?
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Pixie in the Playground

Nope. They referenced the Defenders in "The Terror Beyond". The teamup of Doctor Fate, Solomon Grundy, and Aquaman (and Hawkgirl, of course) references The Defenders with Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Namor.
    I believe they did both. The team that from "The Terror Beyond" was a reference to Marvel's defenders, but the team that fought General Eiling after he took the Captain Nazi serum was based on the Seven Soldiers of Victory. This was in the episode "Patriot Act" and they were basically the modern versions of those characters with, for some reason, the original Crimson Avenger.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brass_Robo View Post
    I believe they did both. The team that from "The Terror Beyond" was a reference to Marvel's defenders, but the team that fought General Eiling after he took the Captain Nazi serum was based on the Seven Soldiers of Victory. This was in the episode "Patriot Act" and they were basically the modern versions of those characters with, for some reason, the original Crimson Avenger.

Ah. That's true, yes.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Latest Young Justice episode...

WHAT THE...

Spoiler
    Show
    Haven't watched the end yet but its looking like green beetle is an agent of the reach sent to secure the blue beetle... anyone know how they brought back Red Volcano when the other two made sure he was destroyed the first time round...?

UPDATE:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty much in that order!

Lex Luthor sent Red Volcano and Blue Beetle was sent to return the four to the Reach Luthor claimed to arrange the power outage but that would only have worked if someone on surveillance of the building knew where they were...

More importantly the Green Beetle has rebooted Blue which leaves a very scary possibility.

What has happened to Mars, after all unless he's enslaved the inhabitants and we're about to see the Reach deploy the Martians as their forces OR he's wiped them out meaning there are maybe three surviving Martians... and one of them is offworld and the other held captive by Black Manta.

Somehow one of those four has to warn Young Justice otherwise this is going to end badly and thats an understatement!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-02-03 at 08:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah though Hawkgirl was probably their archangel stand in. And they needed a Silver Surfer person also.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, a thought. New episode spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luthor might well be telling the truth about being distrustful of the Reach. The Light has their own agenda after all and, if vandal Savage is to be believe, have humanity's best interest at heart. The Light's belief seems to be that humanity evolves when experiencing trauma, which is why they're so irritated at the League.

Previously, I predicted that the Leaguers were sent off-world at the end of season one to provoke an alien response. This turned out to be true. However, the alien response that has been provoked has not quite been the trauma the Light has been hoping for. Take the Reach drink, for instance. The Reach drink is supposed to, over several generations, make humanity complacent and create a lack of resistance in the populace. A sort of slow insidious invasion that isn't the "adapt or die" disaster the Light wants.

Furthermore, while we're told this is supposed to happen quietly over generations, we know that within Jaime's lifetime the Reach take over. Something happens to change the Reach's plan.

My proposal is that the Light is going to try and provoke the Reach into launching a full scale military invasion of Earth, gambling that Earth is tuff enuff to weather the storm. Except there's a bit of information they don't have when making that calculation. The Justice League is missing several of its heavy hitters, many of which could be the linchpin of Earth's defense, a fact that the League has been covering up competently enough.

The Light, with their calculations slightly off, gambles poorly and humanity is subjugated by the Reach.

Of course, that's what would happen. If not for our young heroes. Something must occur that changes this deadly fate. And not just the arrival of Impulse and his warning.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

So next episode is planned Feb 9th: http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/War

How strong do you think Tye's Astral Form is: Like Superman strong or just Superboy?

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Colossus in the Playground

It probably correlates directly to the size he's able to create. The one in this episode reached through the ground like it wasn't even there, while Superboy would probably have to pull his fist back and punch it, so I think it's definitely stronger than Superboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What has happened to Mars, after all unless he's enslaved the inhabitants and we're about to see the Reach deploy the Martians as their forces OR he's wiped them out meaning there are maybe three surviving Martians... and one of them is offworld and the other held captive by Black Manta.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My guess is that the Reach pulled their Beetle on Mars for this mission Getting control of the human meta-gene is incredibly important for the Reach's goals, and easily worth delaying the multi-generational conquest of Mars by a few months.

Anyways, is having the Super Friends as teenagers controlled by Lex Luthor going to become some kind of tradition in animated DC productions?
    Last edited by Connington; 2013-02-04 at 02:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

That new episode War...
    Spoiler
    Show

Blue Beetle took out the whole team?!
    I mean, I could see some of them, but everyone?

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

That new episode War...
    Spoiler
    Show

Blue Beetle took out the whole team?!
    I mean, I could see some of them, but everyone?
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, rmemeber that when Blue gave full control to the scarab he was able to go toe to toe against black Beetle who wiped the floor with the team... Second blue ended up getting a little help from a very desperate and rash arsenal... he also took full advantage of their confusion at he his sudden betrayal
    Last edited by slayerx; 2013-02-09 at 06:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah, I just don't get the light's plan anymore. What was the point of gauding Mongul into action ? Did they want the Earth to be destroyed ? (because that kind of a very real possibility here). The gamble doesn't seem to be worth the risks.

The only thing I can see them having 'gained' from this is that the Reach were forced to show their fleet thus kind of harming their pretense of being here 'only for peacefull purposes, not that it's going to change much at this point.

And yeah BB beating whole team in barely 2 onutes seemed kinda...sudden.
    But it's something that happens a lot in that kind of cartoons, reverse ninja law and the demands of plot is a bitch.
    (Also the end seems to indicate the crystal key is a big power source/power enhancer of sorts)

(I just hope this season doesn't end up on a cliffhanger like season 1 because the whole pay off of the plot was supposed to happen in season 3 that isn't going to happen.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-02-10 at 01:11 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point i'm just hoping we will atleast finish the reach's storyline so we don't have any HUGE loose ends. Seems like there's no chance the light will be taken care of in these last few episodes, but at the very least we can atleast end with some feeling of closure.

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gah, I just don't get the light's plan anymore. What was the point of gauding Mongul into action ? Did they want the earth to be destroyed (because let's face it, it was the most likely end of this)

The only thing I can see them having 'gained' from this is that the Reach were forced to show their fleet thus kind of harming their pretense of being here 'only for peacefull purposes, not that it's going to change much at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As i see it, the light want to use the reach but at the same time they are aware of the threat they present.

The reach are useful as they can provide the light with information on the metagene; based on what savage said about humanity and evolution it seems like their probable goal would be to advance humanity using the metagene... basically they would turn the earth into a race of superbeings like the new gods.

However, the reach wish to conquer the planet. If the Reach are allowed to operate unchecked, they could be successful in their plans and thus enslave the earth. That would be counter to what the light wants. So they sabatoge the reach to limit their influence. Lex will use the runaways to make strikes against them without them realizing the light was behind the attack. Mongul again another attempt to take a strike at the reach. The light essentially trusted that the League would be able to deal with mongul but at the same time new mongul would present enough of a threat that the reach would have to act. At the very least the reach's invasion fleet has been greatly weakened... its also possible the world may have seen the fleet thus this action may have harmed their reputation.

Heck its also possible that Savage would want to trigger an apocalypse of sorts; some massive horrific event that would trigger the metagene in humans and thus advance them. In his little speech he did mention how he feels as though the league had been preventing humanity's evolution by protecting them.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2013-02-10 at 01:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    .. basically they would turn the earth into a race of superbeings like the new gods.
    Yeah, that I agree; Given the apparent on/off relation between the Light and Apocalypse, Goedfrey presence, and Savage comment about earth taking it's rightfull place at the center of the galaxy, I alway wondered if something implying Darkseid was going to be the endgame (and a possible season 3)

The light essentially trusted that the League would be able to deal with mongul but at the same time new mongul would present enough of a threat that the reach would have to act.
    That however strikes me a as a very improbable result (trusting that the league would manage to stop the war world (despite the fact the heavy hitters are still being prisoners int eh trail, which Savage obviously knew since he was here), okay but that it would just be enough to force the reach to show themselves ?) and a huge risk to take for a somewhat paltry reward.

So the earth know the reach aren't as peacefull as they claim, big deal, it's not like they could do anything to stop them by now. Only case where i can see that being interestin is that if earth can 'uninvite' the Reach as a result thus allowing the green lanterns back in)

But, eh, we already know from Impulse future that the light likely screw up at some point so... could be here. pretty sure they didn't meant the reach to get that key of power.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-02-10 at 01:24 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That however strikes me a as a very improbable result (trusting that the league would manage to stop the war world (despite the fact the heavy hitters are still being prisoners int eh trail, which Savage obviously knew since he was here), okay but that it would just be enough to force the reach to show themselves ?) and a huge risk to take for a somewhat paltry reward.

So the earth know the reach aren't as peacefull as they claim, big deal, it's not like they could do anything to stop them by now. Only case where i can see that being interestin is that if earth can 'uninvite' the Reach as a result thus allowing the green lanterns back in)

But, eh, we already know from Impulse future that the light likely screw up at some point so... could be here. pretty sure they didn't meant the reach to get that key of power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well the thing is, even if the leauge had their heavy hitters there was still a good chance that the reach might still play their hand. It wasn't just that their had to be a need for them, but just that the Reach THINK their was a need to act. Heck, the light themselves never budged and inch; could even be possible that they were prepared to throw in should they think the league and the reach would fail. Not every plan is a perfect plan... sometimes you gamble... working with the reach itself was a gamble; if they win then everything the light has been trying to do will have been for nothing

And no, it is not necessarily too late to stop the reach. The reach lost a significant portion of their invasion force, if the earth and the league act against them it may be possible to stop them. The reach were not relying on force to take over the world, but of using subtle influence; their plan was to slowly poison the world for generations until they would become to docile to put up a fight. True the reach did win in impulse's future, but it would be erroneous to jump to the conclusion that it's too late... its very possible that the league DID have a chance to win, but thing's just didn't work out for one reason or another.

granted, an important question is what has impulse managed to change that might give them victory... so far, the only thing he's changed for certain was saving the flash, and as we saw, it does not seem like that was enough... Impulse has thus far failed in his other job to keep blue crashed. If they are to avoid the future, impulse will have to change something else significant.... well either that or another time traveler shows up
    Last edited by slayerx; 2013-02-10 at 02:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Colossus in the Playground

New episode (War):
    Spoiler
    Show

Blue Beetle was with the squad that didn't do any fighting, so it's very likely that he was fresh, while Team Alpha in particular was roughed up something fierce. Combined with the element of surprise and the use of the scarab's full power, and with the team lacking Miss Martian, this was not an unreasonable outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

This was a huge venture on their part, but Dr. Fate and Capt. Marvel are both huge heavy hitters and the league, even crippled, has enough firepower to take the brunt of the issue.

They ALSO knew that the Reach had a huge, secret fleet to deploy. This was their real goal. The whole Fleet looks like it could have tanked up to 25% of the missile attack. Factoring in Capt. Marvel and Atom, Dr. Fate, the rest of the league, the army, and the fleet, that would be enough firepower to make it difficult.

If things got REALLY bad, they could probably pull out some of their own tricks. Remember, Earth has other heroes and if worst comes to worst, Villains who'll fight for survival.

Their goal was to make the situation hard enough to force the hand of the reach while making it look good. Which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Beetles have a weakness one known to Aqualad, they're vulnerable to magic... now what were you saying about Dr Fate and Captain Marvel?

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    The Beetles have a weakness one known to Aqualad, they're vulnerable to magic... now what were you saying about Dr Fate and Captain Marvel?
    Where is this from?

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    Where is this from?
    From when Aqualad captured the team and blue up the cave... he used magic to take down blue saying that he had suspected the beetle might be vulnerable to magic, of which he was correct